AAA and CMLL

Hi

I'm adding AAA and CMLL to my War Of The Immortals mod. My Mexican knowledge is decent, but I wanted some people's thoughts on who to put in an 'immortal' AAA and CMLL. i.e - which wrestlers are most synonymous with the promotions? They can come from any era, unlike the American promotions I'm not limiting these ones to a specific time period.

A few are easy (guys like Konnan and Cibernetico are clearly AAA), but there's a few that have worked for long periods in both feds. Any thoughts?

http://www.luchawiki.org is a good place to start research.

A quote on AAA:

AAA was established on 15 May 1992 when EMLL booker Antonio Peña left the company to establish his own. Along with Konnan, much of the young and exciting talent defected to AAA, which left CMLL with a middle-aged roster and a seemingly bleak future. AAA also looked for talent from other markets, as they found and signed Tijuana natives Rey Mysterio, Jr. and Psicosis. The promotion flourished with top talent (such as El Hijo del Santo, Octagón, Blue Panther and the Casas brothers) and top draws (Los Gringos Locos, Cien Caras, Konnan and Perro Aguayo). The rising popularity of AAA soon caused rival UWA (Universal Wrestling Association) to fold, and Peña was quick to sign Canek, Dos Caras and Los Villanos.

The thing about guys that define both promotions is that a lot of the big stars have jumped back and forth between them, so I'm going to go with the promotions they made a significant impact in.

AAA ("Golden Era" 1993 -1995):

Octagon (Was arguably the biggest star in Mexico in the early 1990s behind Konnan and Perro Aguayo)

Konnan

Cien Caras

Mascaro Ano 2000

Universo Dos Mil

Perro Aguayo Sr.

El Hijo del Santo

Eddy Guerrero

"Love Machine" Art Barr

Heavy Metal

Original La Parka/L.A. Park

Juventud Guerrera

Rey Misterio Jr.

Psicosis

Super Calo

Modern AAA (2000 - Present):

Cibernetico

Chessman

El Mesias/Ricky Banderas

Abismo Negro

Charly Manson (No longer with the company but was a headliner during the modern era)

Electroshock

La Parka Jr./Current La Parka

CMLL (Going to go with a general list because it's a shorter list):

Mistico

Negro Casas

Felino

Blue Panther

el Hijo de Perro Aguayo (Went on to become a MUCH bigger singles star in CMLL than he ever could have been in AAA)

Dr. Wagner Jr. (Though currently with AAA, he spent most of his career as a big star in CMLL)

Silver King (See Wagner)

Ultimo Dragon (He's not Mexican, but still spent a considerable amount of time in CMLL)

Dos Caras Jr.

La Sombra

Mr. Niebla

Is this the kind of list you were looking for?

Archived