View contracts from another promotion?

Considering you can view it via in game editor, it doesnt really need to be in their profile since there is nothing you can do about it until they are in their final month, once you see it you can set a diary reminder to pop up when they are getting close or put a note in the notepad i.e. Bret Hart's conract ends in November 96

Also..it's not very realistic is it?

Under what circumstances would a promotion make the specific details of one of their worker's contracts available to a rival promoter?

As a true simulator, in game you really shouldn.t be able to know when specifically Bret Hart's contract is up.

I disagree... after all there are many "open secrets" in wrestling, especially in the past. Friends who work for the rival might know the details of a contract, or at least a ball park figure...

One feature that would be great is a "mole" that you can use once every 100 shows or so, where you can get a heads up on something like a contract or dispute brewing, allowing you to capitalise.

I disagree... after all there are many "open secrets" in wrestling, especially in the past. Friends who work for the rival might know the details of a contract, or at least a ball park figure...

One feature that would be great is a "mole" that you can use once every 100 shows or so, where you can get a heads up on something like a contract or dispute brewing, allowing you to capitalise.

Mole suggestion is way off IMO. How many people actually GET through 100 shows? Many folks have trouble getting through a quarter of that, flitting from game to game like butterflies. The OP wants an option where that information is easily seen by all and sundry. Not likely to happen. Instead of the mole thing, I'd be more in favor of a payola method where you basically bribe someone to get the info for you. The bigger the star, the more it costs so your 'small' or 'regional' promotion probably wouldn't be able to find out when Jack Bruce's contract is coming due (as if you could even sign him!). That way would mirror realism a bit better (while still not being totally realistic) since the people likely to know something would typically be those who could afford to get that information.

Or, in the internet era (so not applicable for DoTT type scenarios), it's as easy as figuring out 'It was announced that AJ Styles signed a 3-year deal in 2008. 2008 + 3 years equals....' Wouldn't be exact but ballpark might appease some people.

There has to be a downside or drawback to a feature like this. 100 shows is too much (I'd venture a guess that most users wouldn't get to the point where they could take advantage of the feature) but given the importance of finances at smaller sizes and the lack of money sinks at larger sizes, a drawback could be financial. Maybe in addition to being pegged to worker prominence/popularity, a multiplier could be used to factor in promotion size (so bigger promotions ALWAYS pay more, relatively speaking, for the same information)

Remi covered anything I would've said.

If it were placed in the game as a playable feature I'm all for it.

But just "knowing the details of the contract" as an "open secret?" No, I don't think that's realistic at all.

Archived