BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera vs Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki & Mike Watson

Big win for the INSPIRE trio as Onodera eats the pin

Non Title: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Eiji Hamacho

Non-title of course means Hamacho wins. Oh, ok, so it doesn't...

CC Spot Challenge: Yasuhiko Taira vs Tadakuni Toshusai

You don't like Taira. Toshusai looks like being built to a fun character for the diary. But at this stage, I'll still take Taira to get the win.

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

The Rebellion pick up a nice win while The Snowman ponders the fact that he has a long-lost cousin in Europe.

Junior Contenders Circle: The Awesome Kiyaru vs Marihito Masuko

If I had to pick one match to watch on this card, it would be this one. Two top juniors going at it. I'll pick Masuko although I actually prefer Kiyaru.

Sensational Dragon & American Optimus vs Elemental III & Super Joshuya

American Optimus has lost a bit of ground lately so could do with a pick-me-up and teaming with Sensational Dragon will help. Dragon to pin Joshuya.

Black Cobra & Golden Scorpion vs Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

Universal Excellence hit a bit of a roadblock here.

John Pathlow vs Kansuke Konda

Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM) vs The Incredible Koyama & White Samurai

Fukusubaru Inao vs Toshiki Shibanumo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera vs Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki & Mike Watson

Nakasawa's in the match, and Kikkawa isn't, so the Sekigun wins.

Duh.

Much as I like Toshusai, I don't think he's up on this level.

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

Seriously, both members of Snow LIzzard being alive has to be anomalous.

Tough call, really.

Another very tought call.

Black Cobra & Golden Scorpion vs Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

Not so tough. Black Cobra is challenging for the Junior title soon.

If this were a tag match, I'd pick Konda. Though this wouldn't be the first time I've been burned by backing Pathlow.

Jobber battle. I think Toshiki is the slightly more useful one, though.

Predictions Form:

<p>Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera vs <strong>Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki & Mike Watson</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Non Title: <strong>Tadiyuki Kikkawa</strong> vs Eiji Hamacho</p><p> </p><p>

CC Spot Challenge: <strong>Yasuhiko Taira</strong> vs Tadakuni Toshusai</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)</strong> vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)</p><p> </p><p>

Junior Contenders Circle: <strong>The Awesome Kiyaru</strong> vs Marihito Masuko</p><p> </p><p>

Sensational Dragon & American Optimus vs <strong>Elemental III & Super Joshuya</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Black Cobra & Golden Scorpion</strong> vs Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)</p><p> </p><p>

John Pathlow vs <strong>Kansuke Konda</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM) </strong>vs The Incredible Koyama & White Samurai</p><p> </p><p>

Fukusubaru Inao vs <strong>Toshiki Shibanumo</strong></p>

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 6

(Wednesday 17th March 2010)

Matsue Sports Park, Chugoku (Attendance 4,108)

Commentators for this show: Toru Minamoto, Hidetada Kozu & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM) vs The Incredible Koyama & White Samurai

Very short match but the action was pretty good for what was there and considering Koyama & Samurai are nothing more than jobbers right now this went over better than expected. The result unsurprisingly saw Little Fury pick up a much needed victory when VENOM spiked Samurai with the Lethal Dosage (Spike DDT)

Result: Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM [w] bt The Incredible Koyama & White Samurai [L] in 3:52 via pinfall (Lethal Dosage)

Rating: C

Match B: Fukusabaru Inao vs Toshiki Shibanumo

This match gave fans just enough time to go get some Ramen ! This basically lived up to or should that be down to expectations, as these are two (let's be honest here) solid but bland lower midcard veterans who's role on the roster is to basically put other workers over. Those who did care to watch would have seen Fukusabaru Inao pick up the win with the ironically named 'That Generic Move' (Rolling Cutter).

Result: Fukusabaru Inao bt Toshiki Shibanumo in 6:27 via pinfall (That Generic Move)

Rating: D+

Main Show

Match #1: John Pathlow vs Kansuke Konda

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/KansukeKonda-1.jpg?t=1268429129

A win here for either of these two would probably place them well for a chance to challenge for a spot in the Junior Division contenders circle. Pathlow has looked impressive thus far but mostly in defeat and needs to start converting that effort into wins, and whilst Konda's main focus is on his Size of the Fight Tag Team he is no stranger to singles success having been a former holder of the now retired Openweight Championship.

Even though there was no previous between these two, this one was intense from the start as they exchange in a strike battle and whilst that should suit Pathlow more, Konda is well known for not backing down from any challenge and he gave as he good as he got and Konda's resillience began to pay off as Pathlow's focus began to wither and Konda was able to catch the gaijin newcomer with a swinging neckbreaker.

Konda then attempted to follow up with a German suplex but that was blocked by Pathlow who forced a standing switch only for Konda to block himself and get a German for a two count on the second attempt. With Pathlow planted to the canvas Konda then headed for the top turnbuckle but Pathlow was back to his feet and was able to cut Konda off, however the Big Fight Player was able to shove Pathlow down and then landed a diving elbow drop for a two count.

Konda then appeared to set up for the Konda Driver but Pathlow was able to block and countered into a snap suplex before rolling through into a Kimura lock, however the hard hitting gaijin had locked it on too near the ropes and Konda was able to force the rope break.

Pathlow then continued to seize the advantage with a flurry of kicks, before following up with a bridging German for a two count. Another furious exchange of strikes followed , resulting in a mid ring collision as both went for lariats, Pathlow then tried to rebound off the ropes to nail Konda with the Apocalypse Lariat only for Konda to be a step ahead and send the gaijin out of the ring with a basement drop-kick before launching himself out of the ring and crashing into Pathlow with a tope con hilo.

Konda then pitched Pathlow into the ring and headed to the top rope, before crashing down upon Pathlow with the Konda Splash (Frog Splash), however Pathlow was able to kick out at two. Konda then waited for Pathlow to stagger back to his feet as he lined up for a Konda Kutter but the hard hitting gaijin had it scouted and was able to block and then dump the Size of the Fight man with a back drop suplex for a two count.

Pathlow then set up for the Kill-Drill only for Konda to counter mid move into a bridging pin for a two count, all of a sudden the 15 minute time limit was set to expire and both tried to grab a quick roll-up but in the end found their opponent far too resilient and in the end the result was a hard fought time limit draw.

Result: John Pathlow drew with Kansuke Konda in 15:00 (Time Limit Expired)

Rating: B-

Post Match Comments:

Kansuke Konda: That John Pathlow hit's hard, real hard, perhaps the hardest of anyone I've faced here in Burning Hammer's Junior Division but I stood up to everything he gave me and I truly believe had the time limit not expired then I would have emerged victorious.

John Pathlow (in English): Konda-san you are one tough son of a bitch, I'll give you that but I had you there damn it and you got a lucky break when time ran out on us. Perhaps you earned that bit of luck by the fighting spirit that you showed out there, but next time we meet I'll get the job done !

Match #2: Sensational Dragon & American Optimius vs

Elemental III & Super Joshuya

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SensationalDragon-1.jpg?t=1268428262 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BlackEagle_alt5.jpg?t=1268428287

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

Neither of these two teams are what you would call full time regular pairings, though Sensational Dragon & American Optimus have teamed together a little more often in recent times and Elemental III & Super Joshuya did recently both go up against each other, but that's how things roll in Burning Hammer, sure there are alliances but ultimately everyone wants to be the best in their respective divisions.

Despite the lack of Tag Experience on either side, they do still combine to put on an enjoyable fast paced back and forth tag team contest. This was definitelty more of a sprint than a marathon here, as they dispensed with the 'feeling out' process pretty early in this one and there wasn't a noticeable 'Spencer Marks formula' moment in this one either. It was after Elemental III's trademark 'Elemental Space Flying Drop' to the outside that the match kicked up another gear and both teams ended up trading 'bombs' with the end sequence seeing Elemental III drill Optimus with an Earth Breaker, only for the Sensational Dragon to break it up and dump the 'Third Generation Icon' with a Dragon Suplex....Super Joshuya then made the save and tried to plant the Junior Division champion with the J-Drop only for Dragon to reverse and counter into a Dragon Slice to pick up the victory and head into Fire Dream of the Immortals with some of his momentum regained.

Result: Sensational Dragon [w] & American Optimus vs Elemental III & Super Joshuya [L] in 10:56 via pinfall (Dragon Slice)

Post Match Comments:

Sensational Dragon: Black Cobra you may have got the better of me on Monday, but as you can see I have bounced back from that loss and come Fire Dream I WILL be at my very BEST ! to make sure that I am still the Burning Junior Champion. Cobra I will give it to you that you will be a worthy adversary for the Junior Title but remember you are stepping i to the ring with someone who isn't just great but someone who is Sensational !

Match #3: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs

Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpg?t=1268428765 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SessueKawate.jpg?t=1268428785

This was basically an extended squash/showcase for The Rebellion, as the fans get reminded just what a superbly fluid team they really are, it's just a shame that the Burning Hammer Tag Division kind of lost it's way in recent years with an incistence on promoting big powerhouse teams, that look impressive but ultimately aren't capable of putting on the sort of exciting matches The Rebellion are capable of.

Snow Lizzard do get in enought offence to prevent this from being a completely one sided affair and they control the early going, managing to isolate Miyamae. But once Miyamae got in the hot-tag this was all one way traffic and it came as no suprise when The Rebellion were finally able to put this match to bed just over the ten minute mark when they drilled Sessue Kawate with the Spiked Skull Drop.

Result: Shimedzu [w] & Miyamae vs Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate [L] in 10:13 via pinfall (Spiked Skull Drop)

Rating: C

Post Match Comments:

Shimedzu: Be it as a Tag Team or in singles, what myself and Miyamae truly desire is to test ourselves against the very best here in Burning Hammer and to carry on the great tradition of the Dragon Feet. I guess we can only beat what is put in front of us but on this evidence everyone can see that Snow Lizzard are past their best.

Sanetomo Shiraishi: Myself and Kawate-san were not at the races today, we've not been at the races for some time to be honest, I think I am asking myself now, do I still 'have it'...I'm really not so sure these days.

Match #4: Contenders Circle Spot Challenge:

Yasuhiko Taira vs Tadakuni Toshusai

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai-1.jpg

This match was a chance for Tadakuni Toshusai to put himself in the mix for a shot at the World Title and a chance to see his stock rise a little more in Burning Hammer. Unfortunately for 'Wild Charisma' he fails to seize the chance and Taira has the better of what turns out to be an awkward stop-start brawl, that play's right into the Black Heart Brethren man's hands.

Toshusai kept it competitive but he never really looked like pulling out the upset win over Taira and in the end 'The Bulldozer' is able to put Toshusai away with the Typhoon Suplex (Rotating Vertical Suplex) and maintain his spot in the contenders circle.

Result: Yasuhiko Taira [w] bt Tadakuni Toshusai [L] in 11:12 via pinfall (Typhoon Suplex)

Rating: C+

Post Match Comments:

Yasuhiko Taira: How could anyone think that crazy loon Toshusai was every going to beat specimen of perfection like me ! The Black Heart Brethren will dominate Burning Hammer once again, and we start at Fire Dream when myself and Masuno-san take the Tag Team Titles from those fat losers The Behemoths !

Tadakuni Toshusai: TAIRA-SAN ! You may have me down, but TOS-HU- SAIIIII is never, IS NEVER OUT ! WILD CHARISMA LIVES !! to FIGHT another DAYEEEE !!!

Match #5: Black Cobra & Golden Scorpion vs

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

VS

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg?t=1268428305 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HaruKurofuji.jpg?t=1268428325

Universal Excellence may at some point grow to where they are challenging for the Junior Tag Team Titles but here they are up against two of the Junior Division's hottest properties at this moment in time and though the former WLW duo work well together, ultimately the Black Heart Brethren duo's experience, talent and will to win at any cost is too much to overcome.

The finish comes in as is so often the case a whirlwind of false finishes, triggered by Yasujiro crashing and burning on a Mighty Mouse Attack (Sky Twister Press), Black Cobra then nailed the Mighty Mouse with a drop-kick before launching himself to the outside with a suicide dive. That left Scorpion to stay a step ahead of Kurofuji, as the Gold and Black Attack pulled out the ever impressive Scorpion Stinger (Leg Trap Sunset Flip Powerbomb) to secure the victory for the Black Heart Brethren duo and maintain their impressive form heading into Fire Dream of the Immortals.

Result: Black Cobra & Golden Scorpion [w] bt Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji [L] in 12:50 via pinfall (Scorpion Stinger)

Post Match Comments:

Golden Scorpion: In myself Kiyaru and Cobra you have the most unstoppable trio of Junior Division talent to ever be assemble, because come Fire Dream with myself and Kiyaru holding the Junior Tag Titles and Cobra holding the Junior Title we will cement ourselves as the dominant force upon the summit of the BHOTWG Junior Division.

Black Cobra (in English): Sensational Dragon, you talk up how you aren't just great and that you are Sensational, well you may be Sensational but you ain't invincible and at Fire Dream I will defeat you, just I did on Monday.

Match #6: Junior Contenders Circle:

Marihito Masuko vs The Awesome Kiyaru

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg?t=1268428462 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg?t=1268429160

Not only are these two jockying for position in the Contenders Circle rankings, they will also be facing one another for the Junior Tag title's at Fire Dream. Interestingly if Kiyaru win's here he will secure himself a title shot and there is the possibility he could set himself up for a showdown with BHB stablemate Black Cobra, however should Masuko win here then the field becomes considerably more open once again.

Proceedings began with some basic chain wrestling, that lead to neither man really gaining the advantage and series of stand off's following some hold for hold, counter for counter exchanges, that is until Kiyaru got bored of doing things fairly and ended up raking the eyes of Masuko before planting the Face Painted Sensation to the canvas with a leg-sweep, setting up a quebrada for a two count.

Kiyaru then lifted Masuko up a Falcon Arrow, only for the Junior Tag champion to block and then counter into a La Magistral Cradle. Kiyaru then seemed to seize back the advantage with a head-scissors take down only for Masuko to pop right back up and nail the BHB man with a drop-kick to send Kiyaru out of the ring. Masuko then followed that up with an impressive corkcrew slingshot press that sent both himself and Kiyaru sprawling into the crowd. From there Masuko then tried to pitch Kiyaru back into the ring only for the former multi time Junior champion to suddenly pull out a Dragon Screw Leg-whip on the middle rope.

With Masuko now favouring his right leg, Kiyaru then began to focus on the face painted sensation's weakness and applied a single leg crab to apply even more pressure and though Masuko was able to make his way over to the ropes, he was unable to fight off being planted to the canvas with a Falcon Arrow for a two count. With Masuko firmly planted to the mat Kiyaru headed up top, before landing the Instant Moonsault (Feint Moonsault into a standing moonsault), however that only got two.

But Kiyaru still looked to be in complete control and he whipped Masuko into the corner, before setting the Junior Tag champion onto the top-rope, however when Kiyaru attempted the Kiyaru Effect Masuko was able to block and then nail Kiyaru with a missile drop-kick to the back of the head.

After both staggered back to their feet, Masuko was able to duck a spin kick from Kiyaru and then plant the ultra mysterious Junior legend with the Masuko Cradle (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex) for a close two count.

Masuko then decided to go out onto the apron and sprung back in ready to plant Kiyaru with the Into The White only for Kiyaru to spring back to his feet and send Masuko crashing out of mid-air with a sick drop-kick that sent the Burning Sekigun man crashing to the floor. Kiyaru then followed that up with an Arabian Press.

Kiyaru then pitched Masuko back inside, confident of victory and went for a instant pin only for Masuko get his shoulder up at the last split second. After pacing around for a bit and then seemingly coming to the conclusion that Masuko had enough fight left to kick out but not rise up of the canvas, Kiyaru decided to head up top and set up for the Magic Cloud but Masuko was playing possum and he suddenly sent Kiyaru crashing back into the ring with a hurricanrana.

Masuko then continued to seize back the initiative snapping of a series of head-scissors to disorientate Kiyaru before slapping on the Pink Dust (Straight Jacket Triangle Choke), right in the centre of the ring and though Kiyaru tried to fight his way out, Masuko relentlessy managed to maintain the hold and in the end referee Okura Umeki saw no other choice but to call for the bell to give Marihito Masuko the victory in what was not the first and what will not the last of many great competitive matches between these two Junior Division standouts.

Result: Marihito Masuko [w] bt The Awesome Kiyaru [L] in 17:48 via submission (Pink Dream)

Rating: B

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: The win this time was your's Masuko, enjoy it, savour it because when it really matters...the gold will be coming home !

Marihito Masuko: Tonight victory in the singles arena, but at Fire Dream focus once again on the Title of Teamwork with the Elemental one. Focus on what shall have to be a heroic effort against the twin challenges of the honorable one's and the Black Hearted One's, one our friends, one our foes but come the night where Immortals are made that matters little to the Heroic One's and thus we emerge with our immortality intact.

Match #7: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Eiji Hamacho

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg?t=1268429634 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/EijiHamacho-1.jpg?t=1268428711

As if so often the case with Kikkawa's matches, his opponent appeared fired up for this one, as though they were ready to prove a point and the Raging Bull wasted no time in taking the fight to the King of Fighters.

However as proficient a brawler as Hamacho is, Kikkawa is also more than capable of going toe to toe and the early exchanges result in a bit of a stalemate with neither budging, the adage of two bulls locking horns couldn't have been more appropriate. In the end though someone does go down and it's Hamacho who hits the canvas after a lariat from Kikkawa but it doesn't keep the Raging Bull down and he pops straight back up to drive a shoulder block into Kikkawa's gut doubling over the King of Fighters and then impressively dropping the Team INSPIRE leader with a gutwrench suplex.

That earns Hamacho a two count, but for the first time in the match someone is clearly in the ascendency and the former two time tag champion unleaseshes a barrage of fore-arm and elbow strikes that have Kikkawa on the backfoot. With Kikkawa back up into the corner Hamacho unleashed a barrage of shoulder blocks into the gut before deciding to perch Kikkawa onto the top-rope where he attempted a superplex, however Kikkawa managed to shove Hamacho off and then barrell down the Raging Bull with a shoulder block from the middle rope. Kikkawa then followed in with a running boot, before lifting Hamacho up for a vertical suplex, only for the Raging Bull to fight off with a series of elbows and then drop Kikkawa with a release belly to belly suplex before slumping to the mat, too exhausted to follow up.

After referee Shinozaki applied a double count, the two bulls locked horns again, as both tried to get the other up for a suplex only for the other to provide unrelenting resistance, eventually it was Kikkawa who would dump Hamacho with a vertical suplex only for the Raging Bull to completely shake off the move and then explosively nail the King of Fighters with a RAGING IMPACT (Spear).......

One.......

Two.....

Thr......

Kikkawa kicked out at the last split second to avoid what would have a famous win for Hamacho, however the Raging Bull remained undettered and tried to get Kikkawa up for the Hamacho Sledge 2K (Northern Lights Bomb), only for the Team INSPIRE to block the attempt, the Raging Bull then tried for an original Hamacho Sledge (Death Valley Driver) but again Kikkawa provided too much resistance and all of a sudden Hamacho was dumped with a KIKKAWA DRIVER (Wrist Clutch DVD)......

One......

Two......

Thr......

This time Hamacho kicked out, but that only seemed to enrage Kikkawa more to finish the job and with Hamacho providing little resistance Kikkawa was able to dump Hamacho with a second successive Kikkawa Driver and this time Hamacho had nothing left to give.

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] bt Eiji Hamacho [L] in 14:38 via pinfall (Kikkawa Driver)

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Hamacho-san I'll give you credit you brought your very best there, you always have been a tough 'out'. But I know come Fire Dream, my fellow INSPIRE comrade Mike Watson will bring me an even tougher test when he challenges me for the most important belt in wrestling the King of Fighters title. Just because I am proud that you fight alongside me Watson, that does not mean I am going to hold back and I am sure you ain't going to be holding back either. At Fire Dream it will be two of the very best in the world going into battle, just a shame for you Watson-san that you are going into battle with THE BEST !

Match #8: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera vs Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki & Mike Watson

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TasukuIesada.jpg?t=1268429656http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MasaakiOkazaki.jpg?t=1268428925http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MikeWatson.jpg?t=1268428579

To state the obvious both sides really want the win in this one and head into Fire Dream with momentum on their sides. This one began as is so often the case with the usual exhibition like exchanges until things start to intensify when Kinnojo Horri and Masaaki Okazaki are both tagged into the match, with things definitely unsettled between these two following their controversial draw at Monday's show, the two men vying to become the next contender for the World Title lay into one another with wreckless abandon and the brawl soon spills to the floor....that lead's to the floodgate's opening and a wild chaotic brawl opening up on the floor between everyone on both sides. With referee Terakado struggling to maintain control, Team INSPIRE manage to take advantage with some good old fashioned blatant cheating and when things do begin to settle down they are able to isolate the 'weak link' of the Burning Sekigun trio Takayuki Onodera in their corner.

The Team INSPIRE trio then proceeded to 'work over' Onodera in the corner but arrogantly decided to dish out more punishment, as if to send a message to Horri and Nakasawa rather than efficiently try to put Onodera away and a miscommunication between Watson and Okazaki, lead to Onodera putting together a quick flurry of drop-kicks to each Team INSPIRE member before slumping to the mat.

Iesada then prevented Onodera from making the hot-tag, only for Onodera to land on his feet and then dive through the legs after Iesada tried to dump him with a belly to back suplex,to get the hot tag into the World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa. The crowd erupted as they saw the two men who be doing battle over the World Title at Fire Dream go toe to toe. A fired up Nakasawa seemed to get the better of the exchanges, resulting in a two count off a Lariat before lifting Iesada up in position to deliver a Compression Powerbomb, only for Iesada to quickly counter with a Victory Roll that he transitioned into a Cross Arm Breaker (the Iesada Special III) but Nakasawa was not really worn down enough for it to be fully effective and the World Champion was able to rise to his feet and then dump the 2009 Super 10 Cup Winnner over the top rope with a back body drop.

Mike Watson then entered the ring and nailed Nakasawa with an elbow shot before taking the World Champion over the rope with a clothesline, Kinnojo Horri then did the same to Mike Watson, before Okazaki then entered the ring avoided a Larait from Horri and then dumped the man he would be facing at Fire Dream to the outside with a drop-kick, leaving Onodera the only man in the ring.

With everyone else out on the floor, Onodera climbed to the top-rope and as if he was a Super Junior, flew off the top rope with flying body press to bowl everyone else down. With Terakado struggling to maintain control of what was turning into a pretty wild affair, the referee applied a twenty count out on the floor before Onodera and Okazaki entered the ring and it was the fresher Onodera who would be a step ahead, dumping Okazaki with a Bridging German Suplex for a two count, before lifting Okazaki up for with an inverted facelock to drill the Team INSPIRE veteran with the CALL THE DOCTOR (Inverted Facelock lifted scoop slam piledriver).......

One........

Two........

Thr.........

Mike Watson dived in to make the save and then stomped away on Onodera, before applying the Dragon Sleeper submission. But before Onodera was about to fade, Horri then made the save and went at it with the man who would be challenging for the King of Fighters title at Fire Dream......Watson avoided Lariat from Horri, and then went to nail the former World champion, with the One Stop Punch only for 'One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' to avoid that and then level Watson with the BURNING LARIAT !

One........

Two.......

Thr.......

No Iesada dived in to make the save and then stomped away on Horri before knocking both Nakasawa and Onodera off the apron.....and with Terakado regaining some sense of order to the match, he then ordered Iesada back to his corner realising that the Super 10 Cup winner was not the legal man.

Horri and Watson then both looked to tag out and just as it looked like Horri was about to make the tag out both Iesada and Okazaki sneaked round to attack Nakasawa and Onodera from behind, as Watson grabbed hold of Terakado, causing the referee to become distracted.

Onodera and Nakasawa then protested to Terakado over Team INSPIRE's shenanigans but all that did was distract the referee from the Team INSPIRE trio dishing out a three on one beatdown on Horri, before Okazaki applied the CENTURY CRAB LIFT.

Just went it looked like Horri was set to pass out to the hold, the Burning Sekigun fan favourite somehow managed to find a second wind and force himself and Okazaki over to the ropes to force the rope break. Okazaki then tried to finish the job with the Okazaki Kick Barrage only for Horri to block and then with one last ounce of energy left plant Okazaki to the mat with a Fierce Spinebuster (High Angle Spinebuster).......

Once again it became a race to see who would be able to tag out first and despite being on the receiving end for longer it was Horri who was able to make the tag to the World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa, who then levelled Okazaki with a clothesline before knocking both Iesada and Watson off the apron. The World Champion then planted Okazaki with the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker).....

One.....

Two.....

Thr....

Mike Watson then dived in to make the save and then tried to level Nakasawa with the One Stop Punch only for the World Champion to block and then nail the Calgary Assassin with a Sudden Impact Lariat....Watson then rolled out of the ring as Iesada enterered and tried to make it a two on one with a recovering Okazaki, but Onodera was out to spear Iesada out of the ring, leaving Okazaki alone with Nakasawa.

And with Nakasawa still the fresher of the two, the World Champion softened up Okazaki with a barrage of fore-arm shots before planting Okazaki onto the canvas with the H-BOMB (Crucifix Powerbomb).......

One.......

Two......

Three !!!

And with that Hiroaki Nakasawa had clearly sent out a message to everyone in Burning Hammer why he is still the man to beat.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w], Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera bt Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki [L] & Mike Watson in 33:55 via pinfall (H-Bomb)

Post Match Comments:

Kinnojo Horri: Okazaki once again you had me in the Crab Lift, but again I did not tap out.....I'm stronger than you and come Fire Dream I will defeat you to earn a shot at the World Championship, held by the man I was proud to go into battle with today Hiroaki Nakasawa....

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Horri-san it would be an honour to put this great belt on the line against you, because I WILL get the job done against Iesada and I'm sure you can finish what you started with Okazaki.

Tasuku Iesada: Nakasawa-san you may have emerged victorious this time, but when it really matters I will defeat you. In case anyone has forgotten I made the World Champion tap to the Iesada Special in the semi finals of the Super 10 Cup. So Nakasawa I can defeat you, you know I can defeat you and when it comes to fighting for the Burning World Championship I will defeat you again.

Overall: B

Onodera's view point: This was a pretty solid show throughout, though the main event didn't quite stand out enough. In fact road agent Hito Ichihra advised me that Mike Watson looked a little lost working a match, where everyone else was going with the flow.

O.O.C Note:

I would have got this posted up sometime last night, but those plans were out the window when I ended up with a groggy head.

Thanks should go to Jhd-1 for the re-render of Kinnojo Horri. It's a subtle one but it he now looks less, in want of a better word gormless. :)

Prediction's Contest:

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=419 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="50%" height=0>

Predictions League

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%" height=0>

Total

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="27%" height=0>

Last Round

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="50%" height=0>

Zergon

Dragonmack

FINisher

Bigpapa42

smurphy1014

Sudo Nym

Tweek It

Critical-23

Apupunchauonline

N/A

Phantom Stranger

Sean McFly

N/A

The Celt

N/A

Marcel Fromage

Lo-Drew

Beeker

Shmoe

N/A

Waghlon

N/A

Learning Tree

jhd-1

N/A

jtnlange

N/A

Raijin Samurai

N/A

MaxxHexx

N/A

BYU14

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

After getting more than his nearest rivals Zergon moves ahead to take sole lead of Stage 1 of the Predictions contest, with just Fire Dream of the Immortals to go. New contributors include BYU14 and Learning Tree.

A good amount of matches on the card this time that split opinion with the main event, the Junior Contenders circle match, Konda-Pathlow and the (Dragon Feet/Burning Sekigun) Junior Tag match all splitting opinion. To be honest I was surprised that a fair few went with Elemental III- Joshuya over Dragon-Optimus in that match, given that Dragon is putting the Junior Title on the line at Fire-Dream. The time limit draw between Konda-Pathlow caught everyone out, Dragonmack was the only one to call a draw on this show but called it in the wrong match.

The original idea was to just have one winner at the end of the tour, but to keep things more open there will now be a winner for each stage (with the PPV's being the final show of each stage). The top 10 of each stage will then earn Pts towards becoming the overall Predictions contest winner and will be allocated as such.

1st: 25 Pts, 2nd: 20 Pts, 3rd: 15 Pts, 4th: 12 Pts, 5th: 10 Pts, 6th: 8 Pts, 7th: 6 Pts, 8th: 4 Pts, 9th: 2 Pts, 10th: 1 Pt.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/TakayukiAvatar_jhd.jpg

The Onodera Diaries:

Fire Dream of the Immortals is just a few days away, and if we have a good PPV I may just yet convince Kikkawa-san that Kaneko-san made the right choice after all. Thus far I would say my performance has managed to keep Kikkawa-san off my back but not enough to have fully earned his respect and singing my praises either. At the end of the day though Kaneko-san is the boss and he seems very satisfied with my performance thus far, though obviously having someone as much influence and power as Kikkawa-san on side will ensure that the locker-room will have my full respect.

One guy giving me unexpected problems is Kinnojo Horri, who was complaining after Mondays's show in Kanto about going to a draw with Okazaki. I could understand his complaints if he wasn't picking up the win over someone much lower on the card but Okazaki is a fellow main eventer. I ddi not have Horri-san down as a whiner but his attitude over this matter, leaves little to be desired.

At least though he did not get into an altercation with a fan unlike Mitsunari Fuganaga. Fuganaga-san claimed that it didn't get physical but witnesses tell me that the situation could have every easily escalated and become out of control, so I took the decision to suspend Fuganaga-san for one month. On hind-sight that may have been a little harsh and unsurprisingly Fuganaga-san was far from happy about it, though after the dust was settled was accepting of his punishsment. But I am hoping that taking a zero tolerance stance on these sort of incidents will filter through to the rest of the locker-room.

Would have my decision been any different if it the perpetrator was a main eventer/someone in the midst of a strong push ? Perhaps it would have been, and there is a danger I may have made a rod for my own back by being so harsh on Fuganga-san but it's the gamble I have taken and hopefully the message has been sent that getting into altercation's with fans is simply not acceptable.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Fire Dream of the Immortals 2010 Preview

Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods present the 2010 edition of their annual Fire Dream of the Immortals Supershow on Friday 19th March 2010 from the Kanagawa Stadium, in Kanto Prefecture and on PPV across Japan with PPV.....

Here we present a full preview of what promises to be a Historic Night of top class wrestling action !

~ No Retreat, No Surrender~

Burning World Championship (60 Min Time Limit):

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Tasuku Iesada

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TasukuIesada.jpg?t=1268429656

Hiroaki Nakasawa makes his first defence in 2010 of the Burning World Championship in his second run as champion against the 2009 Super 10 Cup winner Tasuku Iesada. Nakasawa defeated Yasuhiko Taira for the title in June and this will be making his sixth defence as champion. Tasuku Iesada scored the biggest achievement of his career thus far when he captured the Super 10 Cup in December which saw him defeat Kinnojo Horri in the Finals but perhaps more significantly saw him defeat Hiroaki Nakasawa in the semi-finals.

Will the Team INSPIRE veteran continue his good run of form against Nakasawa in singles competition or will the World Champion avenge that defeat in the Super 10 Cup and cement his position as the man to beat in Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods.

Nakasawa's Previous Defences:

V1 Defence: Yasunobu Masuno (Inferno of Purity, Fri 26 June 2009; Nara Baseball Stadium, Kinki)

V2 Defence: Masaaki Okazaki (Quest of Heart, Fri 18 September 2009, Kagoshima Stadium, Kyushu)

V3 Defence: Eisaku Hoshino (Night of the Burning Hammer, Fri 22 October 2009, Kanagawa Stadium, Kanto)

V4 Defence: Yasuhiko Taira (Everlasting Mission, Fri 20 November 2009, Ishikawa Stadium, Chubu)

V5 Defence: Mike Watson (Resistance Tour, Wed 9th December 2009, Tochigi Sports Stadium, Kanto).

~Respect Is Earned~

King of Fighters Championship (30 Min Time Limit):

Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Mike Watson

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MikeWatson.jpg

Since Team INSPIRE invaded BHOTWG in June of last year, Kikkawa has shown little interest in going after the Burning World Championship and his instead touted the 'superiority' of the title he brought with him to Burning Hammer on his return the King of Fighters championship. Fought under special rules where victory can only be obtained via submission or by knockout, this will be Kikkawa's fifth defence of the title since bringing it with him to BHOTWG and this time he will put 'HIS' belt on the line against fellow Team INSPIRE member Mike Watson.

Thus far both Kikkawa and Watson have acted with mutual respect to one another and that no matter the outcome of the match, they will continue to be on the same side but how well would it really sit with either man to come out on the losing end of this match. Would Kikkawa the leader of Team INSPIRE be willing to accept the fact that someone else would be holding his title, especially someone within the group he leads and if Watson fails to defeat Kikkawa will he see this as an opportunity lost to regain the one major title he has ever held, having held it as during his time with the now ceased to be INSPIRE promotion.

Kikkawa's Previous Defences (BHOTWG only):

V1 Defence: Eiji Hamacho (Quest of Heart, Fri 18 September 2009, Kagoshima Stadium, Kyushu)

V2 Defence: Kinnojo Horri (Night of the Burning Hammer, Fri 22 October 2009, Kanagawa Stadium, Kanto)

V3 Defence: Miyamae (Everlasting Mission, Fri 20 November 2009, Ishikawa Stadium, Chubu)

V4 Defence: Yasunobu Masuno (Final Collison, Fri 18 December 2009, Sapporo Stadium, Hokkaido).

~Attrition~

World Championship #1 Contenders Match (45 Min Time Limit):

Kinnojo Horri vs Masaaki Okazaki

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/KinnojoHorri-1.jpg?t=1268429344 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MasaakiOkazaki.jpg?t=1268428925

This number one contenders showdown between Kinnojo Horri and Masaaki Okazaki is a rematch of their recent main event showdown just four days prior at the Tochigi Sports Stadium, that resulted in a controversial draw that saw Kinnojo Horri pin Masaaki Okazaki's shoulders to the mat, whilst passing out to the Angular Arm Bar...a situation that resulted in Okura Umeki being unsure just who to award the match to.

Both Horri and Okazaki will be desperate to avoid the same situation again and will surely bring everything to the table to secure a decisive victory and with it a World Title shot and with respective stable mates Hiroaki Nakasawa and Tasuku Iesada competing for the very championship they are striving after in the main event, it could well result in an inner stable showdown for the World Championship.

~ Who Is Sensational ?~

Burning Junior Championship (60 Min Time Limit):

Sensational Dragon vs Black Cobra

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SensationalDragon-1.jpg?t=1268428262 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg

Sensational Dragon already in his third run as champion, since he dethroned The Awesome Kiyaru at Night of the Burning Hammer, puts the most prestigious Junior Heavyweight title in the world on the line against Kiyaru's Black Heart Brethren stable mate Black Cobra, in what will be the V4 defence for Dragon.

Thus far during two spells with BHOTWG the Burning Junior Championship has remained out of the grasp of Black Cobra, despite being on the of the division's most consistent performers and has many labelling him a big match choker. Dragon will surely be hoping that Cobra lives up to his reputation as a big match 'choker', because Cobra recently struck a psychological blow in a six man battle where he pinned Dragon following the Death By Cobra (Double Wrist Clutch Powerbomb).

Dragon's Previous Defences:

V1 Defence: Super Joshuya (Resistance Tour, Wed 11 November 2009, Yamanashi Athletic Stadium, Chubu)

V2 Defence: Elemental III (Everlasting Mission, Fri 20 November 2009, Ishikawa Stadium, Chubu)

V3 Defence: The Awesome Kiyaru (Final Collison, Fri 18 December 2009, Sapporo Stadium, Hokkaido).

~ Power Containment~

Burning World Tag Team Championship (45 Min Time Limit):

The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) vs

Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yashuhiko Taira).

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NisshoYuasa-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Kanishoki.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg

The Behemoths of Nisso Yuasha and Kanishoki steamrollered their way to winning the World Tag Team Championship last year but since the turn of the year have looked far from dominant, having only retained their title in a recent title defence against The Raging Bulls with a double count out draw. Now they put the belts on the line, in what will be their 4th defence of the titles against one of the most dominant duo's of recent times in Burning Hammer, Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira, collectively known as Black Magic having positioned themselves for the title shot by defeating the team who took The Behemoths so close, the Raging Bulls.

In a battle of the heavyweight Bulldozers, can The Behemoths regain their dominant aura or will Black Magic become two time champions and regain their position as the most dominant duo in Burning Hammer ?

The Behemoth's Previous Defences:

V1 Defence: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) (Resistance Tour, Wed 18 November 2009, Osaka Athletic Stadium, Kinki)

V2 Defence: Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate (Resistance Tour, Wed 16 December 2009, Akita Stadium, Tohoku).

V3 Defence: Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) (Burn, Don't Freeze Tour, Wed 10 Match 2010, Osaka Athletic Stadium, Kinki)

~ Friends and Foes~

Burning Junior Tag Team Championship (45 Min Time Limit):

Your New Heroes (Marihito Masuko & Elemental III) vs

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion) vs

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HyosukeKokan-1.jpg?t=1268429112http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/KansukeKonda-1.jpg?t=1268429129

The duo of Marihito Masuko & Elemental III surprised many when they captured the Junior Tag Titles in June despite having little experience of tagging with one another, and have surprised the nay-sayers even more by proving to be durable as champions. However in their V6 defence at Fire Dream of the Immortals they face their toughest test yet when they put the belts on the line for the first time in a staple of the Junior Tag division the three way elimination match. Their opponents are two of the very best duo's in BHOTWG, The Black Heart Flying Squadron and Size of the Fight both of whom are looking to become record setting three time Junior Tag champions.

Your New Heroe's Previous Defences:

V1 Defence: Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda (Quest of Heart, Fri 18 September 2009, Kagoshima Stadium, Kyushu)

V2 Defence: Above & Below (Emerald Angel & Hell Monkey) (Night of the Burning Hammer, Fri 22 October 2009, Kanagawa Stadium, Kanto)

V3 Defence: Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM) ( Resistance Tour Mon 9 November 2009, Kagawa Sports Field, Shikoku)

V4 Defence: Sensational Dragon & American Optimus (Resistance Tour, Mon 7 December 2009, Matsue Sports Park, Chugoku)

V5 Defence: Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion) (Burn, Don't Freeze Tour, Wed 3 March 2010, Akita Stadium, Tohoku)

~New Dawning, Old Yearnings~

Tag Team Challenge Match (30 Min Time Limit):

Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera vs

The Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TakayukiAvatar.jpg?t=1268428948 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/EijiHamacho-1.jpg?t=1268428711http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/ChuichiSanda-1.jpg?t=1268428734

Thus far The Burning Sekigun duo of Tadakuni Toshusai and Takayuki Onodera have been unable to truly make the breakthrough to compete with the very best in singles competition and now have the chance to proves themselves as a duo against of BHOTWG's most experienced and decorated tandem's in the forms of The Raging Bulls. The Bull's of course will be disappointed to not be challenging for the World Tag Team Titles, having recently been unlucky not to have dethroned The Behemoths for the titles. Can Onodera & Toshusai make an instant splash in the Tag division and add to the Raging Bulls frustrations or can Hamacho & Sanda put their quest to become World Tag Team champions for a record setting fourth time back on track.

~Willpower~

Six Man Battle (20 Min Time Limit)

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) + American Optimus vs

Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate ) +Super Joshuya.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BlackEagle_alt5.jpg?t=1268428287

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpg?t=1268428765http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SessueKawate.jpg?t=1268428785http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

The veteran duo of Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate) recently fell to somewhat convincing defeat at the hands of The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae), in this Six Man Battle where they will team alongside Junior Division stalwart Super Joshuya they have a chance to make amends for that loss when take on The Rebellion and American Optimus. Can the Burning Sekigun veteran trio prove they still have what it takes or will the Dragon Feet 2K9 trio send them to another defeat ?

~Reach for the Skies~

Junior Division Six Man (15 Min Time Limit)

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji +The Incredible Koyama vs

Little Fury (Yoshi Shiomi & VENOM + Red Panther

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg?t=1268428305http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HaruKurofuji.jpg?t=1268428325http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheIncredibleKoyama-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_PhenomenalE_alt1.jpg

Little Fury (teaming with Red Panther) look to avenge a recent loss to Universal Excellence (teaming with fellow ex WLW worker Koyama).

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit)

John Pathlow vs Stone Yoshikawa

A battle of recent new-comers looking to make their mark on Burning Hammer's Junior Division in 2010

Toshiki Shibanumo & Roku Sotomura vs

Masataro Kataoka & Fukusubaru Inao

Can Shibanumo avenge his recent loss to Inao in this Tag contest ?

Predictions Form:

World Championship: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Tasuku Iesada

King of Fighters: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Mike Watson

#1 Contenders: Kinnojo Horri vs Masaaki Okazaki

Junior Championship: Sensational Dragon vs Black Cobra

World Tag Team Championship: The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) vs Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

Junior Tag Team Championship: Your New Heroes (Marihito Masuko & Elemental III) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion) vs Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda

Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera vs The Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda)

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) + American Optimus vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate ) +Super Joshuya.

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji +The Incredible Koyama vs Little Fury (Yoshi Shiomi & VENOM + Red Panther

Toshiki Shibanumo & Roku Sotomura vs Masataro Kataoka & Fukusubaru Inao

World Tag Team Championship: The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) vs Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

Junior Tag Team Championship: Your New Heroes (Marihito Masuko & Elemental III) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion) vs Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda

Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera vs The Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda)

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) + American Optimus vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate ) +Super Joshuya.

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji +The Incredible Koyama vs Little Fury (Yoshi Shiomi & VENOM + Red Panther

Iesada provides the stiffest challenge for Nakasawa's second reign so far, but i don't see it ending yet.

On one hand you would be better served having Kikkawa in the Burning World title hunt, on the other, I don't see Watson at his same level to take the belt.

Horri's attitude seems to indicate he expects to win

A shorter time limit would have prompted me to say draw, but instead i go with Black Cobra legitimizing SD's reign.

(I would think that Black Magic are above these belts, but I can't see a scenario where they would lose this match, and BHOTWG doesn't go for cheap finishes. Countout might happen, but then again a Black Magic run gives you something to do with the Mullets)

BHFS have had a strong tour

The Bulls are a cohesive team, you and Toshusai aren't.

One side has the Rebellion, the other has the soon to retire Snow Lizzards, not a tough call

This one is however as both tag teams have been impressive, but i will give it to the WLW team as they have the greater star power

Stone is a jobber despite his training

Bathroom break, and random guess

Not just yet, I don't think.

Similarly, I think Kikkawa holds onto this for another tour.

I like Kinnojo a lot more than I like Okazaki.

Because he deserves it.

Could be a good way to "depush" the not ME-talented Black Magic without jobbing them outright.

Junior Tag Team Championship: Your New Heroes (Marihito Masuko & Elemental III) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion) vs Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

Not extremely confident, though.

Because Raging Bulls vs. Black Magic would be an awesome feud.

Because I refuse to pick Shiriashi or Kawate for anything.

Likewise, I don't like Red Panther very much.

Come on, Pathlow!

Flipped a coin.

Great lead-in to the PPV and evening out everyone's momentum. This entire tour has the look like it's going to be building to one big crescendo at the end and, while Fire Dream is a highly regarded show, I imagine the fruits of your labour won't show until the final stage.

With that being said:

Nakasawa goes over in an epic (with may go to fuel the fire between your character and Kikkawa backstage). "H-bomb" looks to be the standard bearer in the "final" confrontation I'm envisioning...

Grueling and stiff war, but Kikkawa is the symbol of the "King Of Fighters" title and his story requires him to keep the title.

Okazaki wins to give Nakasawa another INSPIRE opponent at the next PPV.

What happens when you have a glut of young, talented babyfaces? You give them a world-class talent veteran heel to chase.

Getting the belts of the Green Team is of the utmost importance. Black Magic have a good run in them as dominating heels.

Junior Tag Team Championship: Your New Heroes (Marihito Masuko & Elemental III) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion) vs Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

I'd like to see this match get a nice high rating, and with Cobra as the heel to beat in the Junior division now, I see the young faces retaining the tag straps.

Toshusai needs some momentum after some tough losses the last few weeks.

The Rebellion are going to be onto some "big" things in the future.

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji +The Incredible Koyama vs Little Fury (Yoshi Shiomi & VENOM + Red Panther)

Universal excellence is in line for a Junior Tag push.

Champ retains

I don´t see Watson being able to beat Kikkawa

champ is face so I go with heel here

Dragon retains too

You have said from the start that Behemoths won´t have a long title run.

Champs retain here too.

I go with tag team over random pair

Pretty much all the star power is on one side here

Total guess but I like VENOM best and isn´t Koyama a young lion.

Pathlow shpuld get a win here

Toshiki Shibanumo & Roku Sotomura vs Masataro Kataoka & Fukusubaru

Inao

Random pick

- I just don't see Nakasawa dropping the title to this particular member of Team INSPIRE. It could happen, but that seems to be welcoming the defectors back a little TOO open-armedly.

- A bit of a surprise maybe, but Watson is drifting a bit and this might give the booker (TG) a hook to keep Watson around and free Kikkawa up for other, bigger game.

- No fluke roll-up while passing out for Horri on this night.

- Cobra can get his vindication and the belt soon enough, a win at the biggest card of the year unquestionably secures Dragon's Super Junior legacy. He's also been with Burning Hammer for his career and this nod of the head is well deserved.

- Is it possible to squash a pair of Behemoths? Let's find out.

- I dig Kiyaru's mask and this is the best name of the three fighting. Sure YNH's might have more all around ability and SotF might be a better tag team but I refuse to vote against the (awesomely golden) Black Heart Flying Squadron.

- I think it's time to put the Bulls out to pasture.

- Should be a good showcase for The Optimal Rebellion. Also this match suggests The Rebellion need some momentum because this is a wheel-spinning-match if ever there was one.

- Sooner or later WLW boys need to get some wins and showcase their talent. Red Panther seems to be here to be a fallcat. So let's let them rip it up for a while and then Yasujiro and Kurofuji can deliver an impressive tag finisher to establish themselves in the Hammer.

- I don't like Pathlow.

- I'll be at the ramen stand asking for kimchi to go with my pho... but Fu Ku Subaru - he has a CAR in his name! A car.

Big thank's to those who voted this diary to a co-win with Dragonmack's excellent NYCW diary in this month's DOTM poll. I'm always thankful of the support I get as a writer, whether it is someone voting in DOTM, taking time to make predictions or even just to say I'm really enjoying this :)

I am always grateful of the support I receive as a writer and never take it for granted.

Anyway I am aiming to get Fire Dream's of the Immortals up for Sunday, I am taking my time a bit on this one but I'd rather take my time to deliver the quality write-up the event deserves than to try and rush through it for the sake of keeping the diary ticking along at a more regular pace. If I can get it up earlier all the better, but right now Sunday looks to be the realistic target.

Big thank's to those who voted this diary to a co-win with Dragonmack's excellent NYCW diary in this month's DOTM poll. I'm always thankful of the support I get as a writer, whether it is someone voting in DOTM, taking time to make predictions or even just to say I'm really enjoying this :)

I am always grateful of the support I receive as a writer and never take it for granted.

Anyway I am aiming to get Fire Dream's of the Immortals up for Sunday, I am taking my time a bit on this one but I'd rather take my time to deliver the quality write-up the event deserves than to try and rush through it for the sake of keeping the diary ticking along at a more regular pace. If I can get it up earlier all the better, but right now Sunday looks to be the realistic target.

I'm really enjoying this :)

But you already knew that. Congrats on the DOTM win. Looking forward to the Fire Dreams of the Immortals, but I definitely understand the desire to take your time with a show and polish it a bit more.

Archived