From The Beginning: A Watcher's Diary Using Effganic

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/Apupunchau/SPW.jpg

September 1921 Tuesday Week 4

SPW Raining Blood

Franklin Shearer & Danielle Loiselle over Saita Kuroki & Sir Anthony Henry (D-)

Shearer was the odd man out in this match even with the win. The skill of Loiselle, Kuroki and Henry certainly made this bout well worth watching.

Luis Hume & Lester Caulfield over Larry Whitworth & Levi Andrews (E)

For the SPW Tag Team Championship titles

Three youngsters and the Australian playboy put on a good midcard match as Hume and Caulfield defended their SPW Tag Team Championship belts.

Alan Lean over Emilio Suarez (D-)

Suarez has proven his ability to get good matches out of bad opponents but when he gets a good opponent he can pull out matches much like this one. Lean continues racking up wins as he goes along in SPW.

Friedrich Hrezog over Albert Reed (E)

For the SPW World Heavyweight title

When the SPW World Heavyweight title bout is even with the SPW Tag Team Championship titles bout and outshined by the only two other matches on the card, you know there’s a problem. This was a good match for Reed but not worthy of a main event.

Overall (E)

I'm surprised they've kept the title on Herzog this long. I think in most of my games, either Loiselle or Suarez have claimed it (and usually go on like 20+ defense streaks).

Yeah and just wait there's more of the Hezog suckfest. I'm also playing a personal game and I'm a few months behind the watcher one. And I didn't put Herzog with the title but he's performing a lot better for me. I just had the two best matches in SPW's history C- versus Loiselle. Meanwhile I just had Herzog lose the title in a best of seven against Saurez after a year and two months but they never pulled better than a D+. But that's just my game... lets see how this SPW holds up.

October 1921 Thursday Week 1

SPW Everything is Broken

Luis Hume over Larry Whitworth (F)

Hume doesn’t put together a very good match without a tag team partner and going up against Whitworth everyone knew this match was gonna suck.

Franklin Shearer over Levi Andrews (F+)

Andrews just can’t carry Shearer to anything good but that’s no surprise.

Daniel Loiselle draws Saita Kuroki (D)

For the SPW National title

It may not have been a win but Saita finally ended his losing streak with this double disqualification draw. Both men were DQ’d when ref Lebowski lost control of the match. Just as good as the last time these two met and again one of the best of Kuroki’s career.

Sir Anthony Henry over Albert Reed (E+)

Henry helps showcase the actual talent of Reed in this near main event quality match up.

Friedrich Herzog over Alan Lean (E)

After all those wins Lean finally got his title shot for the big belt in SPW. After all that waiting and good performances in the midcard for Lean this match against Herzog was a disappointment. Herzog has proven he can’t elevate lower talent but Lean has been a decent worker and Herzog was oddly unable to get something better here.

Overall (E+)

November 1921 Friday Week 1

SPW One For All

Daniel Loiselle over Larry Whitworth (D-)

For the SPW National title

Loiselle once again shows why he is by far one of the best athletes in wrestling and consistently called the best technician in the sport. Daniel brings Larry Whitworth to new heights and defends his title to boot.

Sir Anthony Henry over Albert Reed (E+)

Reed takes another loss to Reed but if the two keep on putting near main event level matches one of them might get an actual title shot soon.

Saita Kuroki over Luis Hume (E-)

Kuroki looks to rebuild some momentum after numerous losses but just doesn’t have what it takes to drag anything great out of Hume. Still decent for a midcard match and Kuroki can call this a win.

Emilio Suarez over Franklin Shearer (E+)

Back up again as Suarez drags yet another actually good match our of Franklin Shearer.

Friedrich Herzog over Lester Caulfield (E)

Four months ago Herzog and Caulfield put on a match that was on the low end of main event worthy. This month they barely scratch the surface of main event passable, although thankfully they don’t drag down the whole show.

Overall (E+)

After the November show SPW, although the only promotion in the world, says that it has now grown from its local roots to being actually a small promotion. Being the only promotion around they can pretty much invent whatever scale they want but their claim may have some merit. Although it was thought SPW would look to expand its roster they didn’t put out any feelers before their next even in December.

December 1921 Monday Week 1

SPW One For All

Luis Hume over Larry Whitworth (F)

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Hume and Whitworth are just substandard workers in comparison to much of the rest of the roster.

Levi Andrews over Franklin Shearer (F+)

Andrews can put on decent matches with a decent opponent but he cannot hold up a subpar performer. Andrews takes this win and hopefully gets away from the youngsters on the SPW roster.

Sir Anthony Henry over Lester Caulfield (D-)

Lester has been the shining light of the young workers of SPW. He shows that he can hold his own against Sir Anthony Henry but still loses in a main event worthy showing.

Albert Reed over Saita Kuroki

It looks like Kuroki was only off the losing track for a match or two as he puts over Albert Reed in a decent midcard match.

Emilio Suarez over Alan Lean (E+)

A good secondary main event as Suarez and Lean pull out all the stops. With Suarez’s great performances and recent wins it’ll be surprising if he isn’t granted a title shot soon.

Friedrich Herzog over Daniel Loiselle (D)

Loiselle and Herzog blow away the show with a great bout between the two champions. Loiselle can’t manage to add another title to his accomplishments but he does hold out a lot longer than many other competitors.

Overall (D-)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27099" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Although it was thought SPW would look to expand its roster they didn’t put out any feelers before their next even in December.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> SPW seems to rarely hire anyone after they got those first 12 guys. I remember them once being regional for months and they still didn´t hire any new guys though that was with TEW2008:p. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27099" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Sir Anthony Henry over Lester Caulfield (D-)</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow nice match for a rookie espesially since it was against Henry. Is Caufield one of those i got D in every stats guys that computer seems to generate sometimes?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27099" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow nice match for a rookie espesially since it was against Henry. Is Caufield one of those i got D in every stats guys that computer seems to generate sometimes?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe he has D+ and C- through most of his performance stats and D and D+ in Rumble and technical. Don't have the game in front of me to say for sure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Purple Cowboy" data-cite="Purple Cowboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27099" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've really been digging some watcher diaries lately, including this one; will be reading!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks PC glad to have you here, and all the rest of you as well. i know its just a watcher diary but I may try and spruce it up a bit with some event logos maybe and renders we'll see.</p><p> </p><p> I'm off to a sci-fi convention this weekend but there should be some internet access at the hotel and I'll try and get up the end of the year review of SPW some time this evening or tomorrow.</p><p> </p><p> I'm actually running a game where I'm playing SPW side by side with this watcher game and I may post a diary of that too so we can see the side by side difference between a computer booked SPW and a player booked SPW. I can tell you right now with owner goals set as on it takes a little while longer to find enough workers to start having shows.</p>

Daniel Loiselle – Face – 10 wins 1 draw 6 Losses – SPW National title

Light Heavyweight Technician

Average E+/Best D

Mid South E+/Mid West & South West F/US F-

Loiselle is not only regarded as the best technician in wrestling today but also the best worker in wrestling. He has been a part of both match of the year choices. In 1920 it was a tag team bout with now passed Joe Boone in a losing effort against for the for the SPW Tag Team Championship titles Emilio Suarez and Levi Anderson. And 1921 it was another losing effort this time against against Friedrich Herzog for the SPW World Heavyweight title at SPW No Escape. Of the top ten matches in the history of SPW he has been in six of them including the number one match for which he got match of the year.

Emilio Suarez – Heel - 8 Wins 1 draw 5 Losses

Lightweight Luchador

Average E+/Best D

Mid South E+/ Mid West & South West F /US F-

Suarez originally started out as a babyface going in as an underdog against all of the much larger men in SPW. His bizarre aerial style made him an intriguing worker for the crowd, but what really made him stand out was his ability to pull good matches out of all his opponents. Recently getting heady with his wins and ability Suarez has become the top heel in SPW.

Emilio was the first holder of the SPW Tag Team Championship titles with Levi Andrews although those titles were lost in their first defense against Joe Boone and Saita Kuroki. Suarez has also been part of three of the top ten matches in SPW including the number two match, a losing title shot against Friedrich Herzog.

Upper Midcard

Alan Lean – Face – 11 Wins 1 Draw 3 Losses

Middleweight Regular Wrestler

Average E/Best D-

Mid South F+/US F+

Alan Lean hasn’t garnered any titles in SPW although he’s managed to have the second best record in the company as well as the second longest winning streak behind SPW World Heavyweight champion Friedrich Herzog. His skills are growing although slowly, but the future hold much possibility for this former boxer.

Sir Anthony Henry – Heel – 8 Wins 8 Losses

Middleweight Technician

Average E+/Best D-

Mid South E-/ Mid West & South West F /US F-

An even record in SPW may seem odd to be near the top of the roster but his ability to put on a good match with good talent and a watchable match with most lower talent has made Sir Anthony’s spot well deserved. Over the course of the year of 1921 Henry has had an off again on again rivalry with Alan Lean that has produced some decent matches.

Midcard

Albert Reed – Face – 4 Wins 1 Draw 7 Losses

Average E-/Best E+

US F-

If looks were everything Albert Reed would be the biggest start in SPW but they aren’t. Reed still sits firmly in the midcard and can be brought to good matches as his series of losses to Sir Anthony Henry showed in late 1921. If he keeps at it he could be a title holder one day.

Lester Caulfield – Face – 5 Wins 4 Losses – SPW Tag Team Championship title

Heavyweight Regular Wrestler

Average E/Best D-

Mid South F+ /US F-

Lester Caulfield had a great start in SPW winning the SPW Tag Team Championship titles, with Luis Hume, that were vacated after the death of Joe Boone. They’ve defended those titles twice and retained and Caulfield has even had two SPW World Heavyweight title shots and although both attempts were losses they were decent matches.

Friedrich Herzog – Heel – 16 Wins 1 Draw – SPW World Heavyweight title

Big HEavyweight Brawler

Average E/Best D

Mid South F+ /US F-

Herzog has the distinction of being the first and still SPW World Heavyweight title holder. He also has won all but one match with no real losses, a draw to Franklin Shearer being the only blemish on his record. Herzog has been unable to carry any of the poorer workers on the roster and with his fall to the midcard it is thought that he will lose his title soon.

Saita Kuroki – Heel – 3 Wins 2 Draws 12 Losses

Super Heavyweight Puroresu Style

Average E/Best D

US F-

Kuroki has the rather dubious title of being the losingest big man in wrestling. He’s lost to just about every worker on the roster, although his size and strength still keep him firmly in the middle of the roster. For one of the SPW originals though he has not been doing so well.

Lower Midcard

Franklin Shearer – Face – 7 Wins 1 Draw 9 Losses

Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler

Average E-/Best D-

US F-

Shearer’s total lack of performance skills have made him one of the worst workers to work with. Daniel Loiselle has been the only worker who can drag him to something decent. If it wasn’t for his overall menace or his natural charisma he probably wouldn’t have a job.

Luis Hume – Face – 8 Wins 1 draw 5 Losses – SPW Tag Team Championship title

Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler

Average E-/Best D-

US F-

Given a number of early wins and the tag titles during his first match there was a lot of hope for Hume. As it turns out he wasn’t really meeting his hype and slowly started to take losses over those moving up the card. He still holds the tag team titles with Lester Caulfield but they haven’t defended them since September 1921.

Opener

Levi Andrews – Heel – 4 Wins 1 Draw 11 Loses

Light Heavyweight Entertainer

Average E/Best D-

US F-

The Australian Playboy has never really been what you would call top of the roster material. An excellent ****y heel he hasn’t really shone in many matches and is certainly at a loss unless being carried in singles or tag action. In the Early days he was in a regular team with Emilio Suarez and they were the first to win the SPW Tag Team Championship titles but they soon lost them and as Suarez moved up the roster it is doubtful we’ll see these two team again.

Enhancement Talent

Larry Whitworth – Heel – 1 Win 1 Draw 12 Losses

Average E-/Best D-

US F-

There was a lot of hope for the Mini Menace Larry Whitworth, billed as the scariest man in wrestling, but nothing came of it. Whitworth has been a consistent loser and can’t put on a good match unless dragged their forcibly.

Top Five Matches SPW

Friedrich Herzog over Daniel Loiselle (SPW No Escape, December 1921) D\

Friedrich Herzog over Emilio Saurez (SPW Trompe Le Monder, March 1921) D

Daniel Loiselle over Saita Kuroki (SPW Get In The Ring, August 1921)

Friedrich Herzog over Daniel Loiselle (SPW Headstrong, June 1921) D

Daniel Loiselle double DQ Saita Kuroki (SPW Everything Is Broken, October1921)

Archived