Awesome Max Wrestling 97' How long will it last?

Right where to start ..

I won the lottery ..

I'm a alcoholic ex-wrestler ..

I met Trenton Evenrud and he gave me the job with no experience ..

O.K so none of the above really happened ... and i'm not even working for Awesome Max Wrestling.

Pro-Wrestling Times writer of the year .. Yeah right!

Awesome MAX Wrestling ... How did i get stuck with writing about bloody Awesome MAX Wrestling.

My name is Mark T. 'Smart' Mark and i write for Pro-Wrestling Times magazine and the end of year edition 1996 i drew the shortest straw possible, i would of liked to get TCW, NOTBPW or BHOTWG .. ok even SWF would of been better.

I went along to the AMW end of year show fittingly named 'End of Days' i say fittingly because within 20 minutes i really hoped the world was ending because i sure as hell didn't want to have to sit through the whole three hours ...

.. I saw Big Smack Scott stink up the arena against Little Bill Lebowski a fireplug-like fighter, who mixes speed with brawling. Who is actually a decent talent if it wasn't for his small size, Big Smack Scott i'm really struggling to say something good about this guy he hit a spot where he knocked Little Bill down and hit an exaggerated elbow drop that seemed to last forever in fact for awhile i thought time had actually stopped and i was going to have to view this moment forever .. but actually Scott only took nearly a minute to hit the move after bouncing off the ropes.

Then up came a tag team .. erm .. Lets call it a match even though it featured less wrestling than a mexican soap opera. The match featured James Sinclair, recognize the name!? Thats right this guy is Big Smack Scotts little brother a man who hits the gym alot less than his brother and the roids he blatently uses makes him retain water rather than build muscle and he has an overweight physique and what can i say about this guys performance other than he was sloppy in the ring to the point of being a danger to himself as well has his opponants.

Match 3 .. Mad Dogg Mortimer vs Thomas Goddard, Goddard is young likes to take to the air and its a shame this boy is stuck here lets hope someone comes calling and saves his career .. and Mad Dog what can i say about this guy shall i mention his poor look, his lack of charisma!? Or just focus on the fact that this is one of the blandest workers i've ever seen in my life ..

.. Another tag match The Vice Squad 'Smokey Joe' and 'Whisky Jack' a decent team with potential i must admit, and their opponants Corey Smith and Chris Gordon a guy who was sucking air so bad after just a few minutes that the first 3 rows of the audience passed out from oxygen deprevation.

Joel Kovach from what i've managed to 'dig up' is an independently wealthy wrestling fan who spent a fortune on private lessons to become a wrestler and he struggled to break into the U.S scene first and then spent some time on the road in Japan working here and there building up a reputation until he came home and . . . . . Was contacted by one Trenton Evenrud who somehow persuaded the poor deluded guy to be apart of AMW and not only that but to put a massive amount of his own money into the project ... Where does Trenton find these idiots!? Oh yeah Joel beat Sabbath a big guy with potential who was brought in by The Rev.

'The Ladies Man' Rodger Dodger vs The Rev which The Rev won to retain the AMW World Heavyweight Championship. The Rev is a good man to have around he knows the Mid South region helping out alot of the young up and comers in the area giving AMW a chance at signing some decent guys if Trenton Evenrud actually thinks of this idea because lets be honest the guys a first rate idiot.

The Main Event .. Mmmm .. Ernie Turner takes on Archangel who i hear was a champion high school wrestler who earned his nickname for being so straightlaced it almost hurt. Instead of going to college he went pro .. Yeah slick move genius. Ernie Turner 'The Slick Pimp Daddy' is a weak wrestler but his exceptional charisma more than make up for that fact,

his streetwise hustler/pimp team with Roger Dodger actually looks quite entertaining.

Now i must save a real special mention for Trenton Evenrud 'The Owner' a guy who claimed (when AMW opened back in 95') that the company would be innovative and would redefine what pro wrestling is . . . Well he's spot on, that is if pro wrestling is a parasitical entity that is so full of hatred for its own parts that it becomes a self destructive, self harming entity that will eventually die out after slowly stuttering and bleeding itself dry ...

... Do i hate Awesome Max Wrestling!? Has a company, no! But they need changes and fast, they have a real chance with a TV show and a small amount of popularity left (that will disappear if something isn't done).

OOC: This will continue alongside my Deep Impact Wrestling dynasty. I already have the first 3 shows written up and am part way through the fourth.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure who many of the wrestlers are as I'm not very familiar with the 97' mod, but when I saw you posted I was scared you were going to drop your DIW diary :p. Looking forward to see how this goes: will you be using a different format for future shows, or will you use the Smart Mark review for a while?

Not sure who many of the wrestlers are as I'm not very familiar with the 97' mod, but when I saw you posted I was scared you were going to drop your DIW diary :p. Looking forward to see how this goes: will you be using a different format for future shows, or will you use the Smart Mark review for a while?

No that will continue (i'm still just has determined as ever that i will make it the biggest promotion is Australia). I'm getting too many shows ahead and rather than post too often i wanted to play around with AMW they are such an interesting promotion so self destructive.

The Smart Mark character will be reporting on the shows from an outside perpective with full ratings and booking notes when i start for real the above show is just an introduction to a few of the important characters.

The meeting that changed the world ... Well AMW anyways!

AMW's running costs aren't just being covered by Trenton Evenruds money (not even close) the silver tongued businessman has managed to 'persuade' others to 'invest' in his company

'by persuade i mean blackmail and trick of course'

These investers have for a long time tried to convince Trenton Evenrud to change his ways and let someone else run the shows ... He just isn't capable of running a wrestling company. Archangel, His girlfriend Devorah Triton (who has a surprisingly good knowledge of the business for someone so young (she claims to be 17, but i hear she is a 15 year old runaway lying about her age. The truth? You decide)), Chris Gordon, Joel Kovach and The Rev are these men (and woman) they manage to all at once corner their boss into having a meeting with them and to cut a long story short they finally manage to 'persude' Trenton to hand over a little control.

And once again by persuade i mean blackmail/owe a favour.

Not as much control as they'd like but at least he's decided to run by more of a committee and to take up a role as more of a sponsor getter ... Or whatever you'd call this role, he did tell them he was bringing someone in, a good friend who will be joining them has his representative on the committee that would be the favour they now owed him ... This man is Roman Heidenseik a 21 year old big wrestling fan who Trenton Evenrud informs the team wants to be trained as a wrestler, and he will .. On the job training as it were, he will learn as he goes along .. and he will be on TV every week.

So Awesome Max Wrestling now has a booking team:

Archangel, Devorah Triton, Chris Gordon, Joel Kovach, The Rev and Trenton's man Roman Heidenseik.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Awesome Max Wrestling: Info.

Size: Small.

Ranking: 15th.

Prestige: E+

Momentum: F+

Style: Wrestlecrap.

Key;

Mainstream.

Heavy;

Comedy.

Medium;

Risque.

Match Intensity: 18%

Match Danger: 40%

T&A Levels: High.

Face/Heel divide: Strong.

Popularity:

E - Great Lakes, Mid South + Mid West.

F - Mid Atlantic, South West, Tri State, Ontario + The Prairies.

Importance:

E - Mid South.

E- - Great Lakes + Mid West.

F - Tri State.

TV Show: Late Night Fridays on C.A.N.N. - Awesome to The Max! (1 Hr - 20 Episodes left on contract).

Announcers: Rhys Woods. Colour: Trenton Evenrud.

Head Booker/User Character: Roman Heidenseik;

The man is the epitome of the Heidenreich challenge, where you are required to take a talentless lump of charisma and push him until he is a legitimate Main Eventer (via autopush) His stats are all F- (0) Except Microphone, Charisma, Acting, Athleticism, Sex Appeal, Star Quality, Menace, Reputation and Resilience (all A*). Toughness, Stamina + Power are all B and Intensity and Stiffness are D+. He is an 21 year old, Homosexuel, Big Heavyweight Regular Wrestler.

Negotiating - 8.

Motivating - 3.

Creativity - 4.

Leadership - 5.

AMW Titles;

AMW World Heavyweight Championship: The Rev. (Won Week 4, December 1995 - Beat Big Smack Scott in Tournament Final).

AMW World Tag Team Titles: Ernie Turner + Roger Dodger. (Won Week 4 September 1996).

Awesome Max Wrestling: What do they do here!?

The Roster:

Name;              Position;   Desposition;  Gimmick;    Manager/Associate;

Archangel    -     Main Eventer,    Face.    Avenging Angel. Devorah Triton.
Big Smack Scott - Upper Midcarder,  Heel.       Bully.
Chris Gordon   -   Midcarder,       Face.     Sci-Fi Geek.
Corey Smith  -   Lower Midcarder,   Heel.     Straight Edge.
Devorah Triton -Road Agent/Manager, Face.     Valley Girl.    Archangel.
Edwin D. Bashford - Midcarder,      Heel.     Rich Snob.      Sabbath.
Ernie Turner   -   Main Eventer,    Heel.         Pimp.      Roger Dodger.
James Sinclair  -  Opener,          Face.     Blue Chipper.
Joel Kovach   -   Upper Midcarder,  Heel.      Bad Ass.
Jonathan Taylor  -  Referee,        Face.        N/A.
Little Bill Lebowski - Midcarder,   Face.      Underdog.
Mad Dog Mortimer   -   Opener,      Heel.      Hillbilly.
Rhys Woods     -     Announcer,     Face.     Staff Member.
Roger Dodger   -   Main Eventer,    Heel.      Hustler.       Ernie Turner.
Roman Heidenseik-Enhancement Talent,Heel.      Biker.
Sabbath     -     Midcarder,        Heel.      Monster.    Edwin D. Bashford.
Smokey Joe   -   Lower Midcarder,   Heel.      Underworld.     Whiskey Jack.
The Rev     -     Upper Midcarder,  Face.   The Preacherman.
Thomas Goddard - Lower Midcarder,   Face.     Thrill Seeker.
Trenton Evenrud - Authority Figure, Heel.       Gambler.
Whiskey Jack   -   Midcarder,       Heel.   Old School Heel.   Smokey Joe.

The Shows;

January.

Friday, Week 1. - Awesome to the Max! - TV Show

Friday, Week 2. - Awesome to the Max! - TV Show

Friday, Week 3. - Awesome to the Max! - TV Show

Sunday, Week 3. - Maximum Showdown! - Tape for Video Show

Friday, Week 4. - Awesome to the Max! - TV Show

An Awesome Max Wrestling creative meeting;

Trenton Evenrud just couldn't keep away .. He dropped by just to give his new booking team a list of rules he wanted them to abide by, oh and to inform Archangel that if he is to stay on the booking team then he will sacrifice any singles push and so must not gain any momentum, along with Chris Gordon and Sabbath who are to be used to make others look good (jobbers).

Owner Goals;

1, AMW must have risen to Regional --- 23 months, 3 weeks. Critical.

2, Sabbath must not gain any further momentum --- 21 months, 3 weeks. High.

3, Chris Gordon must not gain any further momentum --- 31 months, 3 weeks. High.

4, Archangel must not gain any further momentum --- 17 months, 3 weeks. High.

5, Cannot hire/extend the contract of a wrestler with less than D- charisma --- 31 months, 3 weeks. Average.

6, You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as a Spot Monkey --- 23 months, 3 weeks. Average.

7, You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as a Japanese Junior --- 27 months, 3 weeks. Average.

Franchise Players:

#1. Roger Dodger it is decided is the number one wrestler with his impressive star presence and charisma.

#2. Archangel has extremely impressive star pressence and extremely impressive charisma. He is considered the lead babyface in AMW.

#3. Ernie Turner Impressive star presence and charisma.

Next Big Things:

None.

Hot Prospects:

#1. Thomas Goddard if he fulfills his in-ring potential then he is going to be a very, very good wrestler.

#2. Sabbath could end up being a pretty good in-ring performer.

#3. James Sinclair is unlikely to ever amount to much in the terms of in-ring performance, he undoubtedly has a certain star potential in him.

Talk the Talk:

#1. Roger Dodger has impressive charisma, extremely impressive microphone skills, and extremely impressive star presence.

#2. Archangel is great at connecting with a crowd, has extremely impressive charisma, extremely impressive microphone skills, and extremely impressive star presence.

#3. Joel Kovach has extremely impressive charisma, impressive microphone skills, and extremely impressive star presence.

#4. Ernie Turner is very good at handling a crowd, has impressive charisma, impressive microphone skills, and impressive star presence.

#5. The Rev is very good at handling a crowd, has impressive charisma and impressive microphone skills.

Show Stoppers:

#1. Joel Kovach has very good in-ring psychology, his selling of moves is impressive, and while he's solid rather than spectacular, he isn't so bad has to be labeled boring.

#2. The Rev has impressive charisma, very good in-ring psychology, his selling is impressive, but it does have to be said he isn't the flashiest wrestler around!

Ring Generals:

#1. Joel Kovach has impressive basics, and impressive consistency.

#2. The Rev has impressive basics, and impressive consistency.

Who's Hot:

#1. Roger Dodger has a lot of momentum on his side.

#2. The Rev has a lot of momentum on his side.

#3. Big Smack Scott has a lot of momentum on his side.

#4. Whisky Jack is riding a fairly good wave of momentum.

#5. Ernie Turner's momentum is pretty high at the moment.

Who's Not:

#1. Thomas Goddard could really use a boost, at the moment he doesn't have much in the way of momentum on his side.

#2. Corey Smith is struggling, he doesn't have a lot of momentum going at the moment.

#3. Smokey Joe has hit a sticky patch, his momentum is hanging in the balance and could either fall away or be used as a building block for a renewed puch forward.

Time Decline:

#1. The Rev is probably a good 10 years past his prime, the 39 year old has clearly been in terminal decline for quite some time now, and the dreaded word 'retirement' must have crossed his mind more than a few times at this point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/A2MW.jpg?t=1269357826

AMW: Awesome to the Max! T.V.

Show 1.

The Vice Squad (Smokey Joe + Whisky Jack) vs James Sinclair + Thomas Goddard

Edwin D. Bashford vs Roman Heidenseik

Joel Kovach vs The Rev

The Hustlers (Ernie Turner + Roger Dodger) Chris Gordon + Archangel

2, Sabbath must not gain any further momentum --- 21 months, 3 weeks. High.

3, Chris Gordon must not gain any further momentum --- 31 months, 3 weeks. High.

4, Archangel must not gain any further momentum --- 17 months, 3 weeks. High.

These are actual owner goals?!?!? Ridiculous!

Joel Kovach vs The Rev

The Hustlers (Ernie Turner + Roger Dodger) vs. Chris Gordon + Archangel

Well, this is a forgone conclusion!

Joel Kovach vs The Rev

The Hustlers (Ernie Turner + Roger Dodger) vs Chris Gordon + Archangel

OoC: Man, it looks like your owner goals might just might make this dynasty even more interesting that it already is.

Corey Smith failed to show up for a scheduled meeting with a road agent. He was given a Stern Warning by one member of the booking commitee and was said to have said he understoon why they were annoyed with him.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/AMW.jpg?t=1269519508

Awesome to the Max!

Friday, Week 1, January 1997.

Hardee's Iceplex. Chesterfield, Missouri.

The show had 2 dark matches Big Smack Scott beat Little Bill Lebowski in a match which had truly awful wrestling after hitting the Ego Trip.

Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Big Smack Scott. Little Bill Lebowski was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

.. and Corey Smith + Roman Heidenseik beat Sabbath + Mad Dog Mortimor in a terrible match with truly awful wrestling.

Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Corey Smith. Corey Smith was really off his game tonight. Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Roman Heidenseik. Roman Heidenseik was really off his game tonight. Mad Dog Mortimer has now switched to a Hillbilly gimmick. It has gotten an initial B- rating. There seemed to be a lack of flow to the match, which took away from the drama. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/A2MW.jpg?t=1269519493

The T.V camera's roll ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/RogerDodger.jpg?t=1269519553http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ErnieTurner.jpg?t=1269519700

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Archangel.jpg?t=1269519725http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ChrisGordon.jpg?t=1269519791

The Hustlers opened the show in their usual fast talking, extremely entertaining way. You must applaud how funny these guys are and they do manage to get the crowd against them ... When out comes Archangel and Chris Gordon who must hereafter be known as the geekiest team known to man the two teams went back and forth (with their mic's) until deciding to meet each other in a match later on tonight.

Chris Gordon is developing better performance skills. Roger Dodger is learning to show more charisma.

Match 1;

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/SmokeyJoe.jpg?t=1269519824http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/WhiskyJack.jpg?t=1269519853http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/JamesSinclair.jpg?t=1269520031http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ThomasGoddard.jpg?t=1269519998

In a terrible match that had some truly awful wrestling, The Vice Squad beat the team of James Sinclair and Thomas Goddard when Smokey Joe pinned Sinclair on 6:26 after hitting the Done to Excess.

Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of James Sinclair. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Joel Kovach comes out to the ring he wants respect from the crowd and demands a shot at the AMW World Heavyweight Champion The Rev and Trenton Evenrud gets on the house mic and announcers that he will face The Rev in a match tonight and if he wins he'll get a shot at Maximum Showdown later this month.

Match 2;

Edwin D. Bashful vs Roman Heidenseik

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/EdwinDBashford.jpg?t=1269520078http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Generic-Male13.jpg?t=1269520104

Edwin D. Bashford beat Roman Heidenseik in 5:05 by pinfall after Sabbath had run in and attacked Heidenseik whilst Edwin had the Ref distracted.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Sabbath.jpg?t=1269520153

Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Roman Heidenseik. Roman Heidenseik seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/BigSmackScott.jpg?t=1269520179http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/CoreySmith.jpg?t=1269520228http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/LittleBillLebowski.jpg?t=1269520251

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/MadDogMortimer.jpg?t=1269520271

Little Bill Lebowski is being bullied by Big Smack Scott and Corey Smith they attack the Underdog until he is saved by Mad Dog Mortimer who fights the bullys off.

The Mad Dog Mortimer turn went pretty well. This segment brought the crowd's mood down.

Match 3;

Joel Kovach vs The Rev

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/JoelKovach.jpg?t=1269520384http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/TheRev.jpg?t=1269520405

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Joel Kovach beat The Rev in 8:19 by pinfall.

Joel Kovach and The Rev don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main Event;

The Hustlers (Roger Dodger + Ernie Turner) vs Chris Gordon + Archangel

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/RogerDodger.jpg?t=1269519553http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ErnieTurner.jpg?t=1269519700http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ChrisGordon.jpg?t=1269519791http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Archangel.jpg?t=1269519725

In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Chris Gordon and Archangel beat The Hustlers in 12:46 when Archangel pinned Roger Dodger after hitting the Fall from Grace.

Ernie Turner was visibly tiring toward the end. Roger Dodger was visibly tiring toward the end. Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Chris Gordon. Chris Gordon was barely able to complete the match due to exhaustion. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Awesome to the Max;
-------------------
Dark Match 1     F+
Dark Match 2     F
-------------------
Main Event setup D
Tag Match 1      F+
Kovach Challenge E+
Edwin wins       F+
Mad Dog turns    F+
Kovach beat Rev  E+
Main Event!      E
--------------------
Overall Rating:  E

Chant of the night: Your on steroids to James Sinclair.

A close second was the you can't wrestle chant at Roman Heidenseik.

Charismatic man of the night: Goes to Ernie Turner man that guy rocks a Pimp gimmick well.

Performance of the Night: Has to be The Rev even though he and Joel didn't click in their match he made the match less sucky than the rest of the matches on the card.

OOC notes: I don't believe tag wins improve momentum enough to make a grade increase hence the Archangel and Chris Gordon win this should keep them happy. Mad Dog Mortimer is using his starting Hillbilly Gimmick ... for now, expect Leisure Suit Morty soon!

Predictions:

Wrestling Century 2/4

BHK 1978 2/4

John Lions 1/4

Nightshadeex 1/4

at the end of each month i will be handing out a prize for predictions if anyone gets a show 100% correct there is also a small prize for that.

----------------------------------------

Awesome Max Wrestling held Awesome to the Max! last night in Hardee's Ice Complex and drew a sell out 600 fans. The feedback from viewers has been mixed, although most tend to agree that for a small company, they're doing OK.

T.V Rating: 0.03.

The network isn't happy with the low rating though.

Your number one site for Mid South wrestling news and rumours.

Rumour of the day:

Trenton Evenrud owner of Awesome Max Wrestling has brought his lover into his promotion, the man has done some strange things in his time, allowing Big Smack Scott to bring his extremely less talented brother into the company to name a one but now he's gone and took the biscuit his lover is being trained has he wrestles and reports are coming in that the man is so green he not only shouldn't be anywhere near a TV show but he can probably camoflage himself against the incredible hulk ... Who he sort of resembles come to think of it. Roman Heidenseik is the wannabe wrestlers name and if you saw Awesome to the Max Tv you saw what a ... Interesting worker he is.

PWHits got a first look today at the finances of the AMW promotion through some leaked documents and things in the ambitious Texas based company don't look good. With attendances dropping off following some ludicrously booked bad storylines in the last 6 months, AMW looks to have been bleeding money faster than a Big Smack Scott victim in a hardcore match. With many of the investors in the company actively and openly stating that Trenton Evenrud's mismanagement of the company is to blame, it seems like only a matter of time before the troubled company is forced to close unless something major happens to save them. In this reporter's opinion, that is pretty dang unlikely.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/A2MW.jpg?t=1269546888

Awesome to the Max TV

Show 2.

The Vice Squad (Smokey Joe + Whisky Jack) vs Roman Heidenseik + Natsuhisa Tamura

Big Smack Scott vs Mad Dog Mortimer

Joel Kovach vs Skeeter Colquhoun

Roger Dodger vs Archangel

Seems like your owner and crowd share the view that most of your current roster sucks,since I counted five differend crowd don´t like guy X notes alongside those wacky owner goals. :p Interesting to see how this continues and nice to see 97 diary since I have wondered whatever I should download it or not.

The Vice Squad (Smokey Joe + Whisky Jack) vs Roman Heidenseik + Natsuhisa Tamura

Named team over random duo

I just can´t take Mortimer seriously even though he might win here since Big Smack got one of those crowd hate notes.

Kovach started strong so I presume he stays that way here

Archangel cannot gain any momentum so he isn´t winning here

I honestly have no idea who the majority of these guys are, so it's pretty much a toss-up on who I pick until I get to see how you book them more.

Trenton Evenrud was the focal point of a backstage incident when he provoked Smokey Joe into a huge heated argument. Roman Heidenseik was said to of had a word with the AMW owner giving him a verbal slap on the wrist, with the way the very fragile and volitile backstage politics works in AMW this 'telling off' of the boss will work in Trentons favour with him now coming out of the incident with more control as surely now the booking committee will be forced to keep any requests to a minimum and go with Trenton Evenruds ideas to over compensate. Well thats what this reporter believes anyway.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/AMW.jpg?t=1269519508

Awesome to the Max!

Friday, Week 2, January 1997.

Lindonwood Ice Arena. Wentzville, Missouri.

Att, 667.

We got to see 3 dark matches this week first up was Little Bill Lebowski who beat Corey Smith in 4:45 by pinfall.

.. then The Rev beat Edwin D. Bashford in 3:46 with a surprise cradle.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

.. and dark match 3 - Ernie Turner beat Thomas Goddard in 5:27 by pinfall after a Slick Pimp Spike.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/A2MW.jpg?t=1269519493

The T.V cameras roll ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Generic-Male14.jpg?t=1269731680

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/JoelKovach.jpg?t=1269731722

A new wrestler to Awesome Max Wrestling opens the show Skeeter Colquhoun who entertains the AMW fans with a fun little rap until he is rudely interrupted by Joel Kovach who insists that when he becomes champion at Awesome Showdown he will use his power to rid the company of idiots like Skeeter who suggests that Joel comes into the ring and tries to get rid of him himself but road agents and stewards stop the two wrestlers before they can go at each other.

This segment brought the crowd's mood down.

Match 1;

The Vice Squad (Smokey Joe + Whisky Jack) vs Natsuhisa Tamura + Roman Heidenseik

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/SmokeyJoe.jpg?t=1269731902http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/WhiskyJack.jpg?t=1269731799http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/NatsuhisaTamura.jpg?t=1269732094http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Generic-Male13.jpg?t=1269732028

Tamura was making his first appearance for AMW teaming with the young 'untalented lump' Heidenseik. In an extremely poor match, Natsuhisa Tamura + Roman Heidenseik beat The Vice Squad in 6:04 when Roman Heidenseik pinned Smokey Joe.

Smokey Joe was really off his game tonight. Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Roman Heidenseik. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Generic-Male14.jpg?t=1269731680http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/JoelKovach.jpg?t=1269731722

We see a short video which reminds us what happened earlier with Skeeter and Joel Kovach and we are informed that they will face each other 1 vs 1 tonight.

Match 2;

Big Smack Scott vs Mad Dog Mortimor

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/BigSmackScott_alt3.jpg?t=1269732239http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/MadDogMortimer.jpg?t=1269732276

Who doesn't like to see AMW's resident bully beat the crap out of an Hillbilly ... The AMW fans thats who. Big Smack Scott beat Mad Dog Mortimer in 5:13 by pinfall after an Ego Trip with help from a distraction from Corey Smith.

Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Big Smack Scott. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/MadDogMortimer.jpg?t=1269732276http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/BigSmackScott_alt3.jpg?t=1269732239http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/CoreySmith.jpg?t=1269732945

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/LittleBillLebowski.jpg?t=1269732966

Lebowski repays the favour Mad Dog gave him last week saving the Hillbilly from a severe beating at the hands of Big Smack Scott and Corey Smith.

Match 3;

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/JoelKovach.jpg?t=1269731722http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Generic-Male14.jpg?t=1269731680

Skeeter manages to get the fans firmly on his side in his debut. The match had average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Joel Kovach beat Skeeter in 6:39 by pinfall.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/TheRev.jpg?t=1269732503

The Rev makes the save stopping Joel Kovach from doing too much damage to the young Skeeter, the announcers put over that Joel Kovach gets a Title shot at The Rev's AMW World Heavyweight Championship at Awesome Showdown.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/RogerDodger.jpg?t=1269519553http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ErnieTurner.jpg?t=1269519700

Backstage the team of Roger Dodger + Ernie Turner talk about their life on 'the street' all thuggin and buggin also mentioning almost as an afterthought that up next Roger Dodger will face Archangel and if the 'Avenging Archangel' wins he earns a shot at the tag team gold at Awesome Showdown.

Main Event;

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/RogerDodger.jpg?t=1269519553http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/vs10.jpg?t=1269519966http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/Archangel.jpg?t=1269732659

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/ErnieTurner.jpg?t=1269519700http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/DevorahTriton.jpg?t=1269732700

Well AMW like abit of controversy Ernie Turner distracts Archangel allowing his partner Roger Dodger to pick up the win by grabbing and kissing Archangels '17' year old valet Devorah Triton. In a bout that lasted 10:13 and had a good crowd but terrible wrestling.

Roger Dodger was visibly tiring toward the end. Roger Dodger and Archangel don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Awesome to the Max;
-------------------
Dark Match 1     F+
Dark Match 2     E-
Dark Match 3     E
-------------------
Setting up M.E   D-
Match 1,         E-
Hype Video       E-
Big Smack wins   F+
Little Bob saves F
Kovach wins      E+
The Rev saves    F+
Hustlers hype    E
Main Event       E+
--------------------
Overall Rating:  E

Chant of the night: The 'this isn't wrestling chant during Big Smack Scotts attempt at Chain Wrestling in his match against Mad Dog Mortimor

Moment of the Night: Skeeter's rap hands down, this kid has a good future.

Performance of the Night: Skeeter, could of been on his promo alone .. but he also performed fairly well in his match.

OOC notes: No rioting for BHK1978 then. Still thinking about a team name for Natsuhisa Tamura + Roman Heidenseik, Big Useless lumos is tempting but .. well Tamura is actually talented! Yes Zergon the crowd hates alot of the Roster but don't let that put you off predicting anyone as AMW has a reputation for pushing against their fans.

Predictions:

BHK 1978 5/8

Wrestling Century 4/8

Zergon 3/4

John Lions 3/8

Nightshadeex 3/8

--------------------------------------------------

Awesome Max Wrestling held Awesome to the Max! last night in Lindonwood Ice Arena and drew 667 fans. The feedback from viewers has been mixed, although most tend to agree that for a small company, they're doing OK.

T.V Rating: 0.03.

Your number one site for Mid South wrestling news and rumours.

Awesome to the Axed!

Could Awesome to the Max! be about to be axed? It is understood that C.A.N.N are extremely unhappy with the performance of the show, and have told AMW that if things dont improve soon, the show is history.

All Eyes on Big Smack Scott.

Reports indicate that AMW management are very keen to make Big Smack Scott the focal point of the promotion. Their belief is that he is ideal to build the company around as he is on the verge of being a massive break-out star, and his popularity will mean big business for them.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/AMW%20Wrestling/A2MW.jpg?t=1269546888

Awesome to the Max TV

Show 3.

Wolfgang Zimmerman vs Thomas Goddard

The Vice Squad (Smokey Joe + Whisky Jack), Big Smack Scott + Corey Smith vs Mad Dog Mortimer, Little Bill Lebowski, Natsuhisa Tamura + Nuzzle Bunny

Ernie Turner vs Skeeter

Edwin D. Bashford + Sabbath vs Roman Heidenseik + The Rev

Wolfgang Zimmerman vs Thomas Goddard

The Vice Squad (Smokey Joe + Whisky Jack), Big Smack Scott + Corey Smith vs Mad Dog Mortimer, Little Bill Lebowski, Natsuhisa Tamura + Nuzzle Bunny

Ernie Turner vs Skeeter

Edwin D. Bashford + Sabbath vs Roman Heidenseik + The Rev

These are all pretty much complete guesses since I don´t know anythink about most of them.

Archived