GAMMA: Reigniting The Fire

Prediction Results

SeanMcFly: 5/8

You did well with the fight predictions this round. Unfortunately as you did not make a Fight of the Night prediction, your score suffered.

Bull: 5/8

Another nice score, however the same FOTN prediction applies to you as well.

AdamS: 3/8

Hey AdamS, welcome to the dynasty. Not the best score, but the fights were tough to call. Hope you continue to participate in future rounds.

Astyn: 4/8

Solid round score for you Astyn. Nice to see that people went for Bracewell. I didn't think he was going to do well against Magilton.

MonoNaitch: 5/8

Nice to see you back Naitch. It was also nice to see that you predicted on fight of the night and although it was a good fight, the main event didn't quite have enough to win.

Round Result

Congratulations SeanMcFly, Bull and MonoNaitch. You have won this round.

Overall

1st: Frank_Vest = 8

2nd: RennikKain076 = 7

2nd: RBM1 = 7

3rd: pauls07 = 4

4th: bitlos = 3

5th: Devil_Bingo = 2

6th: SeanMcFly = 2

6th: Zeel1 = 1

6th: mmaaddict = 1

7th: MonoNaitch = 1

7th: Bull = 1

7th: edisraw = 0

7th: Dead_Jester = 0

7th: Astyn = 0

7th: AdamS = 0

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GAMMA News from March 1999

GAMMA are pleased to announce several new fighters have signed contracts to compete in the six sided cage. Those fighters are as follows........

Mugur Boc (8-0)

Mugur Boc was formerly hired by SIGMA where he held a great deal of success by remaining undefeated. He holds recent victories over Stjepen Andric via TKO and a unanimous decision over Lefter Oktay. The Crusher from Moldova has his sights set on the GAMMA Heavyweight division. He will be joining th company after his SIGMA contract expires in August.

Curt Kitson (20-4)

The Bad Element is coming off a surprising TKo loss to Perry Barr in the second round. However, he also recently got a unanimous decision victory over Dave lennon. The Scottish Light Heavyweight will join the company when his BCF contract expires in September.

Spencer Rubenstein (0-0)

The MMA rookie Rubenstein will look to make a name for himself on the biggest stage of them all. The future looks bright for this Ohio native.

Frank Sheedy (22-8)

The Baby Bull, Frank Sheedy is coming off a tough TKO loss to Wilson Franklyn. As Sheedy was a free agent, he has joined the organisation already.

Guy Broom (0-0)

The untested rookie promises big things in the GAMMA Heavyweight division.

Ikuhisa Tamura (20-8)

The imposing Jampenese behemoth will now be plying his trade on US soil for the first time. After having dismantled most of the competition in the land of the rising sun, Tamura is now looking to rip apart the Heavyweights in GAMMA.

Joshua Hope (0-0)

Another promising rookie in the Light Heavyweight division. Solid ground game combined with potent striking make Hope an intimidating opponent.

Georges Nouri (10-1)

The Greek lightweight is coming off an impressive TKO victory over Thomas O'Cann. With a stacked Lightweight division headed by a dominant champion, Nouri will have his work cut out for him.

Wes Hersch (0-0)

A new Middleweight competitor, Hersch will look to use his great wrestling pedigree to ground his opponents out.

Zaco (45-14)

The Brazilian native is coming off 2 impressive victories including a TKO of Robert Darell and a submission over George Laurent. Zaco will be joining the roster after his BCF contract runs out in July.

GAMMA 45: The Armada

Main Event

GAMMA Welterweight Championship: Julio Regueiro (14-0-1)© vs Jack Humphreys (25-3)

Co-Main Event

Mac Fuller (29-5) vs JJ Reid (26-2) (Middleweight)

Main Event

Norbert Vinkus (13-7) vs Marvin Stevens (21-10) (Heavyweight)

Bryan Van Den Hauwe (15-4) vs Derek South (13-3) (Light Heavyweight)

Beau Gorshin (36-8) vs Aaron McBroom (9-2) (Lightweight)

Preliminary

Jethro Munter (14-4) vs Jerry Bogdonovich (6-0) (Light Heavyweight)

Thomas Smith (11-1) vs Wes Hersch (0-0) (Middleweight)

(Post predictions as usual. Don't forget about FOTN predictions. Send me a PM with your thoughts on the fights for the roundtable discussion. All the best.)

Main Event

GAMMA Welterweight Championship: Julio Regueiro (14-0-1)© vs Jack Humphreys (25-3)

Co-Main Event

Main Event

Beau Gorshin (36-8) vs Aaron McBroom (8-2) (Lightweight)

Preliminary

FOTN: Julio Regueiro (14-0-1)© vs Jack Humphreys (25-3)

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Event

Preliminary

FOTN: Reguerio vs. Humphreys

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Event

Preliminary

Fight of the Night: Beau Gorshin (36-8) vs Aaron McBroom (8-2) (Lightweight)

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Event

Preliminary

Fight of the Night: Munter vs. Bogdonovich

Countdown to GAMMA 45: The Armada

Bellfort: Hello MMA fans and welcome to another edition of The Countdown, I am your host, Tom Bellfort and we are here tonight to discuss the upcoming GAMMA PPV. Alongside me tonight is the GAMMA Heavyweight Champion "The King of Ground and Pound" James Foster. Nice to have you on the show.

Foster: Good to be here Tom.

Bellfort: We are also joined by MMA pannelist, MonoNaitch. We have a lot of stuff to cover tonight so let's get started with the main event of the evening.

Julio Regueiro © vs Jack Humphreys

Bellfort: For my money, and no offence James, but I believe that Spanish Silk is the pound for pound best fighter in the world right now and will be able to submit Humphreys in the second round to retain his title.

Foster: Regueiro is a very skilled jiu-jitsu practitioner and has very smooth submisions. I do wonder how Humphreys will negate Julio's ground game and honestly I can't see it happening. The bad boy of MMA will not be beating the welterweight champion tonight.

MonoNaitch: Two of the worlds best welterweights on skill alone both should be champions and would be if not in same promotion, that said as good a wrestler as Jack is the problem is against a guy like Julio you dont want him on his back. It'll be intresting to see if Humphreys sub defence has improved. I see Reguerio winning in maybe the 2nd or 3rd round by an armbar.

Mac Fuller vs JJ Reid

MonoNaitch: Fuller was a great fighter a couple of years ago but he hasn't really evolved that much, if the fight goes to the ground Reid will kill Fuller! He is just to good a grappler especially when compared to Fuller. However Fuller does have a the punchers chance but I'm going to say Reid in the 3rd.

Bellfort: I think Reid will do a similar job to Fuller as Regueiro will do to Humphreys in the main event. Reid will slip on some sort of choke or armlock that will be too much for Fuller. I have to admit though, Fuller is one of my favourite fighters in all of MMA, but I think he will come unstuck against JJ.

Foster: I have to side with Fuller against JJ. Fuller is a battle tested veteran and knows all the tricks of the trade. Reid will be difficult to stop and I think that is why Fuller will win by a decision.

Norbert Vinkus vs Marvin Stevens

Foster: Can I start on this one? Good. Both of these guys are big fighters and unfortunately I do not see this being an exciting fight. I think that maybe Stevens will smother Vinkus against the cage to a boring decision.

Bellfort: I completely agree with Foster's sentiments. Stevens by decision.

MonoNaitch: This match doesn't intrest me in the slightest both men have suspect cardio and motivation issues. This will be both a decision and a snoozefest. Vinkus' football injuries and age make me think that Stevens will be the victor.

Bryan Van Den Hauwe vs Derek South

MonoNaitch: Styles makes fights and this is proof of it. We've got a tough grappler in Hauwe and a decent grappler but good slugger in South. With Hauwes suspect chin this is going to be another vicious win for South.

Foster: It looks to me like South will end this fight early in my favourite fashion. Solid ground and pound! Hauwe will get taken down and beaten into lala land.

Bellfort: Hauwe is by no means a bad fighter, but South has a big future ahead of him. Hauwe will put up a fight, but will eventually be stopped.

Beau Gorshin vs Aaron McBroom

MonoNaitch: McBroom is potentialy a star in the making in the Lightweight Division however he needs to get past the veteran in Beau Gorshin. Don't count him out just 'cause of his age he knows how to put people to sleep. His experience makes me think Gorshin will taste victory.

Bellfort: McBroom is an up and comer and could have the potential to be a future Lightweight contender. Sadly I do not believe he will beat Gorshin on this night. I think Gorshin will take a unanimous decision.

Foster: I think McBroom will shock the world tonight and knock Gorshin the hell out. I think that Gorshin is the understandable favourite, but this means he has more to lose. I can see McBroom winning in spectacular fashion.

Bellfort: We have received a message from TheDeanOfWhipedCream who has an opinion on one of the preliminaries. "My Thoughts on Thomas Smith Vs Wes Hersch. I think Smith fights with a lot of heart and that's usually a big strength for him. He works hard and he's not unskilled. But Wes Hersch is everything Smith is and then some! "The Hurt" is a correct name for this guy. I think he's smarter in a fight then Smith and I think he has the better ground game. I actually thinks he hits harder too. This is easy - Hersh will take him down and make him tap. For Smith to win this thing he's gonna have to sprawl and brawl."

We hope to hear other messages from you viewers out there on future cards as we enjoy reading them on air.

Bellfort: And finally James, what is in the future for you?

Foster: Well as of right now, I am just revelling in the fact that I got to shut Hughes up. As far as my next fight goes, I'm not too sure but I hear that maybe Fatuma Roy may get a title shot next.

Bellfort: Well we wish all the best for you and we look forward to seeing your next fight. Our thanks also go out to MonoNaitch who graced us with his thoughts for the show. We hope to have you on the show again soon. That about does it for tonight folks, we hope you enjoyed this edition of The Countdown and we will see you guys cageside.

GAMMA news from April 1999

GAMMA are pleased to announce the signing of Middleweight competitor Alex Cole (14-1). Having recent impressive victories over fighters including Davis Spyrou (twice), Andrew Rush, Tucker Plumm and Richard Smith all by way of submission. His one and only career loss coming against Rob Baines by submission. He will be joining the GAMMA roster when his contract runs out in December of 2000.

GAMMA have also re-signed Jacob Adams and Peter Bracewell to new contracts.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't just sit back while someone takes my 1st place status away from me!

It's good to see you are back, London, the diary is as good as ever.

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Event

Beau Gorshin (36-8) vs Aaron McBroom (9-2) (Lightweight)

Preliminary

FOTN: Julio Regueiro (14-0-1)© vs Jack Humphreys (25-3)

I can't just sit back while someone takes my 1st place status away from me!

It's good to see you are back, London, the diary is as good as ever.

Great to see you back Frank. I will be posting the results for The Armada shortly.

Trenton, New Jersey

Attendance: 5,443 for a gate of $272,150

Pay-Per-View: 81,283 for revenue of $325,132

Saturday of Week 4, April 1999

Song is played during fight interview highlights.

Pre-Fight Interview Highlights

Fuller: "JJ Reid shows a lot of potential but he hasn't proven that he is at the elite level of the Middleweight division."

Reid: "Fuller has been in GAMMA for a long time now. Tonight I take his scalp and get a Middleweight title shot in my next fight."

Humphries: "Ladies and gentlemen tonight, the MMA Bad Boy takes the GAMMA Welterweight title and defeats Mr Silky Smooth Regueiro in the process."

Regueiro: (translated) "I'm glad he feels confident. That way when I beat him he can have no excuses."

Humphries: "Is that right? When he beats me? haha, Regueiro you will be getting your ass handed to you son."

Regueiro: "He can keep talking, but in the end talking won't do him any favours."

The PPV opens with fight highlights from previous events that include those on the card tonight. As footage is played, the GAMMA theme is played in the background.

GAMMA Theme-

Preliminaries

Thomas Smith (11-1) vs Wes Hersch (0-0)

>We are underway!

>Hersch avoids a quick jab and hits a series of quick punches.

>Hersch comes in with a couple of jabs, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.

>Smith tries to avoid Hersch.

>He drives forward, and despite the best efforts of Smith to stay upright, the takedown is completed!

>Smith ends up sitting, his legs trapped under Hersch, with his back pressed against the cage.

>The clock runs down as Smith is being smothered against the cage wall by Hersch.

>Hersch starts trying to get Smith on his back so that he can gain a better position.

>Hersch shows his ground skills and gets to side control.

>Hersch is trying to move from side control to mount.

>Smith doesn't let Hersch get the mount, and so he remains at side control.

>Smith tries to pull guard on Hersch but doesn't get anywhere with the attempt.

>We pass the halfway mark of this round.

>Hersch begins trying to get himself into a mount.

>He doesn't get the mount, but only because Smith rolled over and gave up his back instead.

>The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.

>Hersch attempts to set up an rear naked choke on Smith.

>Smith doesn't allow the rear naked choke to be applied.

>Hersch blocks an attempt to roll him off of the back.

>The time is up, and that's the end of round one.

>Round two begins!

>Hersch counters a wayward jab with a nice punch.

>Hersch comes in, looking for a quick takedown.

>Smith attempts to avoid Hersch as he shoots in.

>The takedown is completed, Smith is on his back and pulls guard.

>Hersch tries to pass the guard.

>Smith is ready for the attempt though, and keeps Hersch firmly in guard.

>Smith attempts to secure an arm.

>Smith cannot secure the arm.

>In guard, Hersch begins working to pass to side control.

>Smith comfortably blocks the attempt and keeps Hersch in guard.

>Smith tries to get double underhooks on Hersch so that he can get some control, but can't get them.

>The clock runs down as Smith is being smothered against the ground by Hersch.

>The clock runs down as Smith is being smothered against the ground by Hersch.

>In guard, Hersch begins working to pass to side control.

>He manages to pass, but only to half guard.

>We have one minute of the round remaining.

>Hersch starts trying to work to get out of half guard and into a better position.

>Hersch isn't able to pass from half guard thanks to the tenacious defence of Smith.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round two.

>And here we go, round three!

>Smith avoids a jab.

>Smith counters a punch by hitting a solid punch.

>Smith moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a jab.

>Hersch counters a jab by hitting a nice sequence of jabs.

>Smith slips out of the way of a jab.

>Smith avoids a punch and scores with a crisp punch.

>Hersch throws a couple of jabs as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.

>Smith cannot stop the takedown, and only catches Hersch in half guard.

>We are now at the halfway point of the round.

>Hersch attempts to pass half guard.

>Smith doesn't let Hersch get his leg free, and so half guard remains in place.

>Hersch blocks Smith as he tries a sweep from half guard.

>Hersch tries to ensare Smith in a kimura.

>Smith defends it well.

>Smith tries to ensare Hersch in a guillotine.

>Hersch defends it well.

>We're into the final minute of the round.

>Hersch looks to pass half guard and get side control.

>Smith comfortably blocks the attempt and keeps Hersch in half guard.

>Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.

>Here come the official scores.

>Judge #1: 30-27 Hersch.

>Judge #2 gives a score of 30-27 in favour of Hersch.

>Judge #3 has given 30-27 to Hersch.

>Hersch wins by unanimous decision!

Jethro Munter (14-4) vs Jerry Bogdonovich (6-0)

>The fight begins!

>Munter uses a combination of three punches to get Bogdonovich to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.

>Bogdonovich tries to step away from the takedown.

>Munter doesn't get the takedown, Bogdonovich avoided it.

>They come together and strike, but neither can get past the gloves of the other.

>Bogdonovich avoids a flurry of punches.

>Munter is caught with a barrage of big punches, forcing him up against the cage!

>With Munter taking a lot of big punches, the referee has to stop the match!

>The winner, by TKO; Jerry Bogdonovich!

>Official Result: 'The Dockland Destroyer' Jerry Bogdonovich defeats Jethro 'The Hunter' Munter (TKO in 1:48 of round 1)

Main Card

Beau Gorshin (36-8) vs Aaron McBroom (9-2)

>And here we go!

>McBroom circles as he plans his next move.

>Gorshin presses in closer to attack.

>Gorshin uses a combination of three punches to get McBroom to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.

>He has the takedown! McBroom pulls guard.

>Gorshin starts trying to work to get past the guard.

>McBroom finds his opponent too skilled, and Gorshin passes guard into side control.

>Gorshin looks to get a mount.

>McBroom tries to sweep from the mount attempt, but gets rolled and gives up his back.

>Gorshin tries to flatten McBroom out for a rear naked choke.

>The rear naked choke is in deep, McBroom has to tap out!

>'The Madman From Michigan' Beau Gorshin takes the win by Submission!

>Official Result: 'The Madman From Michigan' Beau Gorshin defeats Aaron 'The Patriot' McBroom (Submission in 2:25 of round 1)

Bryan Van Den Hauwe (15-4) vs Derek South (13-3)

>There's the opening bell!

>Van Den Hauwe shoots in for a takedown.

>South stuffs the takedown, but gets pushed up against the cage instead.

>Van Den Hauwe tries to press him up against the cage, but finds it hard to keep any sort of real control.

>Van Den Hauwe comes very close to getting trapped in a standing guillotine, but he sees the danger and blocks it.

>South struggles back against Van Den Hauwe, not allowing him to control the grappling.

>South tries for a standing guillotine, but Van Den Hauwe pulls free too quickly.

>Van Den Hauwe tries to keep him pressed up against the cage with wrestling, but South isn't allowing it.

>South manages to slap on a standing guillotine choke, and takes Van Den Hauwe down with it!

>Van Den Hauwe pulls free, South didn't have it fully sunk in.

>Van Den Hauwe looks to pass guard and get side control.

>South comfortably blocks the attempt and keeps Van Den Hauwe in guard.

>South applies double underhooks and keeps Van Den Hauwe from launching any attacks.

>We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.

>Van Den Hauwe tries to smother South, but he squirms free.

>South throws out some punches, but Van Den Hauwe leans back to avoid them.

>Van Den Hauwe tries to smother South but can't keep control long enough.

>Van Den Hauwe leans back, preventing South from throwing any elbows to the top of the head.

>South doesn't allow Van Den Hauwe to smother him against the ground.

>South attempts a guillotine choke from the bottom.

>Van Den Hauwe isn't caught tight enough to tap, but does get swept over into side control.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round one.

>There's the bell for the start of the round!

>There's a takedown attempt from Van Den Hauwe.

>South stuffs the takedown attempt and then pulls Van Den Hauwe into a clinch.

>South tries to take Van Den Hauwe down from the grapple.

>Van Den Hauwe doesn't fight the takedown, he seems content to pull guard.

>Van Den Hauwe reaches up and tries to lock up an arm.

>South defends it.

>South smothers Van Den Hauwe with his body by pushing forward and down.

>South lies on top of Van Den Hauwe, basically smothering him.

>South pounds away with punches, but doesn't do much damage, if any, Van Den Hauwe is comfortable holding guard.

>Van Den Hauwe gets the double underhooks in and pulls South close, controlling him well.

>South throws a few weak-looking punches as he decides on his next move.

>The lengthy period of stalemate results in the referee standing them both back up.

>There's a takedown attempt from Van Den Hauwe.

>The takedown is countered, South blocked it and then took Van Den Hauwe down instead! South gets side control.

>South throws a few strikes, but they are without venom.

>South blocks Van Den Hauwe as he tries a transition to guard.

>South aims a couple of punches at Van Den Hauwe, but they are easily taken on the gloves.

>Round two is brought to an end as time runs out.

>We are back underway!

>Van Den Hauwe bobs and weaves.

>Time slips away as South doesn't press Van Den Hauwe, allowing him to circle.

>South counters a punch by hitting several big punches, forcing Van Den Hauwe back up against the cage!

>Van Den Hauwe is taking a lot of shots, the referee has no option but to leap in and stop the fight!

>The winner, by TKO, is Derek 'Smash Mouth' South!

>Official Result: Derek 'Smash Mouth' South defeats 'The Modern Day Gladiator' Bryan Van Den Hauwe (TKO in 1:14 of round 3)

Norbert Vinkus (13-7) vs Marvin Stevens (21-10)

>The fight begins!

>Vinkus steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.

>Vinkus side-steps a barrage of big punches and hits a flurry of quick punches.

>Vinkus avoids a jab.

>Stevens uses a right hook, but misses.

>Vinkus doesn't let Stevens settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.

>Stevens tries for a series of strikes but Vinkus moves out of range.

>Vinkus avoids a flurry of punches.

>We move into the second half of this round.

>Stevens glances a right hand strike off the side of the left shoulder.

>Not letting Stevens settle at all, Vinkus comes in closer.

>Vinkus scores with a series of quick punches.

>Vinkus catches Stevens with a flurry of small strikes.

>We're into the final minute of the round.

>Stevens switches stances, throws a speculative punch, then switches right back again.

>Vinkus presses in closer to attack.

>Vinkus fires off a barrage of big punches, knocking Stevens down!

>Vinkus doesn't have time to capitalise though, as Stevens recovers his wits quickly.

>Stevens gets his legs swept aside, and unable to offer any defense, gets caught with an enormous punch from Vinkus!

>Vinkus doesn't even bother continuing, Stevens is out like a light!

>The winner, by Knock Out, is Norbert 'The Rock' Vinkus!

>Official Result: Norbert 'The Rock' Vinkus defeats 'The New Jersey Crusher' Marvin Stevens (Knock Out in 4:52 of round 1)

Co-Main Event

Mac Fuller (29-5) vs JJ Reid (26-2)

>We are underway!

>Both throw strikes at each other, both easily defend the other's attempt.

>Reid throws out a quick jab.

>Fuller steps in closer to force the issue.

>Reid counters a missed punch with a jab.

>Reid avoids an scorching uppercut and comes back with a clean punch.

>Reid looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Fuller.

>Fuller finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.

>From the grapple, Reid tries a takedown.

>The takedown is unsuccessful, Fuller blocked Reid.

>Reid, controlling the grapple with Fuller, goes for a takedown.

>The takedown is unsuccessful, Fuller blocked Reid.

>From the grapple, Reid tries to pick Fuller up on his shoulder for a slam.

>Fuller is able to block it and pull away from him.

>There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes but neither hits.

>Both fighters fire off strikes, but neither does any significant damage.

>We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.

>Reid counters a superman punch with a flurry of quick punches.

>Reid throws a jab but Fuller avoids it.

>Round one ends as time expires.

>We are back underway!

>Fuller glances a right hand strike off the side of the left shoulder.

>It seems that Reid is happy to let Fuller circle for the moment.

>Fuller keeps out of range, assessing the situation.

>Reid doesn't press the issue, allowing Fuller to circle.

>Reid tries to get a knock out with a scorching punch but Fuller moves out of range.

>Fuller slips out of the way of a massive overhand punch.

>Reid throws a vicious uppercut but Fuller avoids it.

>Fuller waits for a flurry of punches to stop, then hits a great punch, Reid is knocked down!

>Reid shakes off the cobwebs quickly though, and is alert.

>Apparently unwilling to engage, Fuller lets his opponent stand back up.

>Reid looks to be trying to close the distance between them.

>Reid can't get close enough to grapple, Fuller makes sure to keep out of range.

>Reid circles, looking for an opening.

>Not letting up, Fuller quickly steps in closer to attack Reid.

>Reid throws a vicious uppercut but Fuller avoids it.

>The time runs out on round two.

>Round three begins!

>Reid tries to get a knock out with a scorching punch but Fuller moves out of range.

>Fuller steps back to avoid an enormous knock out punch.

>Fuller gets Reid with a right hand to the ribs, but it lacked power.

>Reid doesn't let Fuller settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.

>Reid chooses to shoot in on Fuller.

>Reid can't get past the sprawl of Fuller, and finds himself pushed face-down to the ground.

>JJ Reid is breathing very hard.

>Reid prevents himself from being rolled out of turtle position.

>Reid gets quickly back to his feet.

>A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.

>Fuller steps in but an exchange of strikes goes nowhere.

>Not letting up, Reid steps in closer to pressure Fuller into action.

>There's under a minute left in this round.

>Reid throws a couple of jabs, then chooses to shoot in on Fuller.

>To counter, Fuller throws a huge strike which doesn't miss by much.

>Reid side-steps an attempted knock out punch and hits a solid jab.

>Fuller avoids a kick to the leg and hits a barrage of huge punches, knocking Reid down!

>Almost immediately Reid has shaken it off and is ready for Fuller.

>The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.

>The judges have given their scores, which are about to be announced.

>Judge #1 has given 29-28 to Fuller.

>Judge #2 has given 29-28 to Fuller.

>Judge #3 has given 29-28 to Fuller.

>So the winner, by unanimous decision, is 'The Mean Machine' Mac Fuller

Main Event

>The fight begins!

>Moving in closer, Humphreys looks like he may want to wrestle Regueiro.

>Regueiro ends up grappling for supremacy with Humphreys.

>Humphreys is trying to push Regueiro so that his back is up against the cage.

>Humphreys achieves it, pinning Regueiro to the cage.

>Humphreys tries to smother Regueiro against the cage, but is struggling to maintain control.

>Humphreys suddenly finds a guillotine choke slapped on him, and he gets pulled down to the ground in it!

>Humphreys pulls his head free before the guillotine can be sunk in properly.

>Humphreys tries to get out of guard and stand up, but Regueiro doesn't allow it.

>Regueiro smothers Humphreys with close control, stopping him from posturing up.

>Regueiro keeps Humphreys, who looked to be trying to stand up, in guard.

>Regueiro tries to ensare an arm.

>Regueiro uses the threat of a kimura to turn Humphreys and get side control.

>Regueiro attempts to armbar Humphreys from side control.

>Humphreys fights off the armbar attempt.

>Humphreys tries to sweep Regueiro but can't do it.

>In side control, Regueiro begins working to get a mount.

>Humphreys can't fend off his opponent and is mounted.

>There's under a minute left in this round.

>Regueiro attempts to set up an armbar on Humphreys from the mount.

>The armbar is locked in, tight enough that Humphreys has to tap out!

>'Spanish Silk' Julio Regueiro takes the win by Submission!

>Official Result: 'Spanish Silk' Julio Regueiro defeats 'The Show Stopper' Jack Humphreys (Submission in 4:58 of round 1)

Regueiro goes to shake Humphrey's hand following the bout but Jack angrily leaves the cage before Julio can reach him. Regueiro raises his arms in the air as the title belt is secured around his waist.

Post-Fight Interview Highlights

Fuller: "I think this proves that I should get a title shot against Napier now. Reid was tough and he will only improve from here on out."

Reid: "Mac was the better man tonight, I hope he does get a title shot against Napier and I hope he wins. That means that when I get my rematch I can take the title as well."

Humphreys: "I am furious with myself. I prepared for the ground game and still got caught."

Regueiro: (translated) "Humphreys would be advised to talk a little less in the future. It only encouraged me to work that much harder."

Fight of The Night: Beau Gorshin vs Aaron McBroom

KO of The Night: Norbert Vinkus

Submission of The Night: Julio Regueiro

Prediction Results

Bull: 6/8 - Nice going Bull, a very respectable score there. Could be a winner.

MonoNaitch: 5/8 - Not backing Hersch cost you in this one. There is a reason I hired him after all.

TheDeanOfWhipedCream: 4/8 - Got to admire some risky picks. Unfortunately on this occasion it didn't pay off. Congratulations on predicting FOTN though!

Scottie: 3/8 - Not the best result as I'm sure you will admit but at least you made some bold predictions.

Frank_Vest: 5/8 - Nice to see the reigning champion back to defend his crown. A very solid score as expected. Shame on you for predicting against Wes Hersch! ;)

Round Result

Congratulations to Bull, you have won this round!

Overall

1st: Frank_Vest = 8

2nd: RennikKain076 = 7

2nd: RBM1 = 7

3rd: pauls07 = 4

4th: bitlos = 3

5th: Bull = 2

5th: Devil_Bingo = 2

5th: SeanMcFly = 2

6th: Zeel1 = 1

6th: mmaaddict = 1

6th: MonoNaitch = 1

7th: edisraw = 0

7th: Dead_Jester = 0

7th: Astyn = 0

7th: AdamS = 0

7th: Scottie = 0

7th: TheDeanOfWhipedCream = 0

GAMMA News from May 1999

GAMMA are pleased to announce several extensions for key fighters in the organisation. The three fighters are Jerry Bogdonovich, Norbert Vinkus and Derek South. It has also been announced that GAMMA have extended their PPV deal with American Option.

Rumours and Planned Fights

GAMMA have announced that the next PPV will be entitled GAMMA 46: Ready To Rumble and will be headlined by Sean Morrison defending his GAMMA Lightweight Championship against Bruce Steven. Also slated to be on the card is a Middleweight bout between Buddy Garner and Carl Ratcliffe. Other fighters rumoured to be on the card are Wes Hersch and Dan Halvorsen. More news as we get it.......

GAMMA 46: Ready To Rumble

Main Event

GAMMA Lightweight Championship: Sean Morrison (26-3)© vs Bruce Steven (20-2)

Co-Main Event

Buddy Garner (13-0) vs Carl Ratcliffe (17-4) (Middleweight)

Main Card

Dan Halvorsen (26-11-2) vs Charles Stiles (15-2) (Lightweight)

Rick Stanley (22-7-3) vs Tank Manu'a (17-5) (Heavyweight)

Kendall Tracey (8-1) vs Christian Mountfield (12-3) (Light Heavyweight)

Preliminaries

Joshua Hope (1-0) vs Glenn Pimm (29-12) (Light Heavyweight)

Osmosis Benn (2-0) vs Wes Hersch (1-0) (Middleweight)

Post Predictions as normal. Send me a PM with thoughts for the roundtable. Good luck.

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Card

Preliminaries

FOTN: Buddy Garner vs. Carl Ratcliffe

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Card

Preliminaries

fotn: Buddy Garner (13-0) vs Carl Ratcliffe (17-4) (Middleweight)

Prediction Results

Frank_Vest: 5/8 - Nice to see the reigning champion back to defend his crown. A very solid score as expected. Shame on you for predicting against Wes Hersch! ;)

Hersch never did all that much for me and Smith is excellent in my current game. Goes to show the power of destiny.

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Card

Preliminaries

FOTN: Buddy Garner (13-0) vs Carl Ratcliffe (17-4) (Middleweight)

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Card

Preliminaries

FOTN: Tracey vs. Mountfield

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Card

Preliminaries

Fight of the Night: Garner vs Ratcliffe

• 2 weeks later...

Countdown to GAMMA 46: Ready To Rumble

Bellfort: Hello everybody and welcome once again to The Countdown. I am your host Tom Bellfort and tonight alongside me is "The Demolition Expert" Raul Hughes. We are here to talk all things GAMMA including the upcoming PPV GAMMA 46: Ready To Rumble. Pleased to have you on the show Raul.

Hughes: Good thanks Tom. I am ready to break down these fights

Bellfort: Would you say break down or 'demolish'?

Hughes: Was that a joke?

Bellfort: Well I tried.

Hughes: The only joke in this room is between your legs Tom.

Bellfort: ..........................anyway let's kick things off with the Main Event.

GAMMA Lightweight Championship: Sean Morrison © vs Bruce Steven

Bellfort: We spoke to Sean recently on The Countdown and he seemed extremely confident about the upcoming title defence. For me, Morrison is just to strong for Steven and will dominate the challenger before putting him away with strikes.

Hughes: Sean Morrison is a fighter built in a similar mould to me. He likes to take fighters down and beat the p*** out of them. I think Morrison will put Steven away in the first by KO.

Buddy Garner vs Carl Ratcliffe

Hughes: Ratcliffe shocked a lot of people with his upset over Adam White and because of this I think he will put the first notch in Buddy Garner's loss column. Most likely by unanimous decision.

Bellfort: Nobody was more surprised by that outcome than myself but to assume that Carl Ratcliffe can pull off the back to back upsets is borderline madness. Garner is a submission wizard. One of the best in the game today. Garner will grab one of Ratcliffe's limbs and pull until Carl submits.

Dan Halvorsen vs Charles Stiles

Bellfort: The old vs the new. Halvorsen has been in the game since the beginning and this could be the key in this fight. However, I believe that after his impressive victory over Agustin Gonzalez, I think Charles Stiles will be the hungrier of the two in this fight. I think Stiles will therefore edge out a close decision.

Hughes: I have to disagree. Halvorsen is a wise old fox and will use his superior wrestling to take down Stiles at will. I think Dan is too slick to be caught in a submission unlike Gonzalez was. I think this fight will go to a decison but I am calling it for Halvorsen.

Rick Stanley vs Tank Manu'a

Hughes: Both of these heavyweights are as old as stale ass. Not much talent. Either guy who wins will get destroyed by me. Don't care who wins. The end.

Bellfort: ..................Um, ok. It is hard to look past Tank's sheer size. He is a gargantuan. Theoretically he should smother Stanley for the entire fight, but I don't think he will be able to. Somehow I see Stanley getting a takedown and pounding Tank out in the second.

Kendall Tracey vs Christian Mountfield

Hughes: Tracey and Mountfield both have potential to be great in this division. Whoever wins here could be springboarded into the mix. I like Tracey in this one. I think he has the better all-around game and will scrape a decision against the tiger.

Bellfort: I have to agree with you. Tracey is the better fighter. I think he will catch Mountfield late on with an armbar or some variant of a choke. I like Mountfield and see bright things in his future but I think on this night, Tracey will win.

Bellfort: Well that about wraps this one up tonight. Thanks go to my co-host for the evening Raul Hughes. But before we go, what can we expect next for you Raul?

Hughes: I hear that a Japanese Heavyweight has decided to take his chance in GAMMA. Tamura is his name and I want to stop him in his tracks. I own this division and I will knock that b**** back to Tokyo.

Bellfort: Well we look forward to seeing you back in the cage sometime soon. Thanks ladies and gentleman for joining us this evening for the Countdown, be sure to check in next month, but until then we will see you cageside.

Main Event

Co-Main Event

Main Card

Preliminaries

Fight of the Night: Halvorsen vs Stiles

Archived