CZCW 1997 - The Little Promotion from South West

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">"Ability is nothing without opportunity"</div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">---------------------------------------------</span></div><div style="margin-left:25px;">- Napoleon Bonaparte</div></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

"<em><span style="color:#00BFFF;"><strong>Coastal Zone Championship</strong></span></em><em> (formerly Combat) </em><em><span style="color:#00BFFF;"><strong>Wrestling</strong></span></em><em> were formed in the early 90s by a consortium of investors headed by Cliff Anderson who were looking to create something truly innovative and unique. By featuring smaller, fast paced workers CZCW have carved out a niche as one of the most highly acclaimed and exciting promotions in the US today, attracting the attention of Preston Holt in the process. Holt's wrestling school has trained several of CZCW's roster, and his RPW promotion on the east coast has worked closely with CZCW in developing young talent. Between them they have paved the way for a new generation of smaller workers to get into the business and the ripple effect of this can now be felt across the wrestling landscape.</em>"</p>

[OOC: No responses yet, but I am not surprised considering my bad history with diaries in this board.. Hopefully I can keep this one rolling for a bit longer. Here is the roster, no face/heel as those do not mean anything in CZCW.]

The Roster:

Alex Braun

Chris Perkins

Clark Alexander

Dog Fyte

Donnie J

Enrique Sanchez

Fumihiro Ota
*CZCW SoCal Champion*, The 1996 Winner of the King of the Indies

Human Arsenal

Jesse Gilbert
*CZCW SoCal Tag Team Champion*

Joe Gilbert
*CZCW SoCal Tag Team Champion*

Nathan Priest

Pecs

Sammy Bach

Silver Shark

Tate Lyall

Tayler Morton

Tom Gilmore

Troy Tornado

Here's one reply, fellow countryman and '97 fanboy. :p Hopefully we both will have good, long runs with our promotions. Lucky for you you're not on the East Coast.. ;)

Blah.. XFW doesn't have a chance against CZCW.. Even if you do write history books differently :cool:

No backstory or anything.. Just me booking CZCW :p

--

CZCW Revolution 1997

In front of 701 fans

The Gilbert Brothers def. Dog Fyte & Enrique Sanchez

Perhaps not the best opening for my career in CZCW, as the tag team champions took the challenge of Dog Fyte & Enrique Sanchez, a pretty bland team. The Gilberts made quick work of them, retaining their titles with the Double Slapshot in what was an extremely poor match. The time of the match: 7:05. (Rating: E)

Chris Perkins def. Tate Lyall and Pecs

This three way bout was a bit better than the opening match, but not by much. The crowd weren't really interested in this match, but it did see some nice action, altough that was somewhat ruined by the amount of botches. Finally Perkins put an end to the match at the time of 9:48 when he kicked Lyall's head off with the Termination Kick. This also marked Perkins first victory in CZCW, congratulations Chris! (Rating: E+)

Three Way Dance: Nathan Priest def. Sammy Bach and Clark Alexander

We saw a second three way match in a row, this time a "Dance", also known as Elimination Match. It had solid in-ring action, but not much heat. Priest put on the performance of the match, hitting some nice high flying moves from the top rope, then rolling up Bach for the pinfall. It was then Priest vs. Alexander, and Alexander tried to keep the wacky face painted warrior in the mat with submissions, but eventually Priest - somewhat suprisingly - took the win with a Sunset Flip. The time of the match 14:12. (Rating: E+)

Alex Braun def. Troy Tornado

The fourth match saw some decent action, as the youngster Tornado tried to use his flying abilities, but Braun wanted a slower pace, thus we saw a complete clash of styles. Tornado was actually really close a couple of times, but Braun ended his streak of luck with the devastating Braun Damage and stopped the clocks at 12:52. (Rating: D-)

Silver Shark & Tayler Morton def. Human Arsenal & Donnie J

In this match, I let the competitors choose who should win in the match, which made some interesting twists, as it seemed as they really tried to pin eachother. Even though Arsenal and Donnie J tried to keep Morton away from Shark, they finally failed and Silver Shark unleashed and cleaned the house, equalizing the 2/3 falls match at 1 - 1 when he made Arsenal tap out to the Jaws of Life. Couple of minutes later, Donnie J fell down to the very same submission, thus, Shark & Morton won the match at 16:11 with 2 - 1 in falls. (Rating: D-)

Fumihiro Ota def. Tom Gilmore

Fumihiro Ota would make his first defense of the year for his SoCal championship, as he took on the up and comer Tom Gilmore in today's main event. The rowdy crowd were really behind Gilmore, much to the dislike of the fans though, Ota dominated most of the match. In 14:34 we saw a shocking event take place, as Gilmore kicked out of the Ninja Strike. Nobody could believe it, and it almost allowed Gilmore to roll Ota for the victory, but the veteran ninja was ready, striking again with the Ninja Strike, this time for the win at 16:21. (Rating: D)

Show Rating: D - (Should have increased our popularity)

Booker Notes:

Okay, I tried this show with a custom product, and I'll try the next one with the one set originally. Hopefully they have some differences..

Comments are appreciated.

I thought it was a good writing style, roaster and show...

i will deffinenlty be cheecking this out :)

-Nico

Thanks mate.

I wanted to make a minimalistic style because of two reasons really: so that I can write shows faster, and thus, can advance in the game faster, and because I am too lazy to read too long shows in English myself. But I don't want to rush with this diary: I have some stuff written already, but I think I'll wait some time..

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/flamesnoopy/CZCWNEWS.jpg

After January 1997..

So, after the 1997 Edition of Revolution, the following wrestlers left:

- Sammy Bach, Clark Alexander, Human Arsenal and Troy Tornado signed a developmental contract with NEW. We wish them luck with their future endeavours.. Or how did it go..

- A youngster named Arthur Fry came from the Dojo, altough my New Worker Generation was off. So I signed him, and made New Worker Generation On (low), because that was pretty cool. I assigned him this pic of WMMA2's Sly Twinge:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/flamesnoopy/ArthurFry.jpg

The hairy heavyweight's stats are:

D- Rumble, D Technical, F+ Aerial, C Entertaiment, D- Performance, D Physical, C Camera.

- CZCW made a profit of $2943 dollars in January.

<hr>

And if anyone wants to predict..

Predictions for CZCW Vendetta 1997:

(Should be pretty easy considering the news above)

CZCW SoCal Tag Team Titles: The Gilbert Brothers defend against Troy Tornado and Tate Lyall

The newcomer Arthur Fry takes on Tom Gilmore

Chris Perkins vs. Clark Alexander

Nathan Priest vs. Silver Shark vs. Donnie J

CZCW SoCal Championship: Fumihiro Ota defends against Alex Braun

Haven't taken a look at the 97 mod until recently, going to be fun to see how CZCW would do with guys like Gilmore and Silver Shark

CZCW SoCal Tag Team Titles: The Gilbert Brothers defend against Troy Tornado and Tate Lyall

Tornado's bailing on you

Gilmore's hot off a title shot

Clark's bailing on you too

Priest won his three way dance last month but Silver Shark was really impressive in his tag match

Ota is more of a fit for the Zone than Braun

-I am all for tittle deffences :D

-Newcomer will have to pay his dues, go Stiff on him Tom :D

-He's bailing as you said :p

-just guessed :p

-again, i like deffences

CZCW Vendetta 1997:

(Should be pretty easy considering the news above)

Gutted with the losses - Human Arsenal, Troy Tornado and to a lesser extent Sammy bach were major players in my CZCW '97 game. Looking forward to Perkins first ever win... surely...?

Great to have you in eayragt, as obviously you were the one inspiring me to do this with your CZCW97 game in TEW08 :)

<hr>

CZCW Vendetta 1997

In The Snake Pit, in front of 660 fans

CZCW SoCal Tag Team Championships: The Gilbert Brothers © def. Troy Tornado & Tate Lyall

Changing the product didn't seem to be such a good idea, as the crowd hated Joe Gilbert it seems.. In the actual match, the leaving Troy Tornado and the jobber like ficture Tate Lyall got beaten pretty badly, leaving no stories for the next generation about this match. Gilberts retain at 10:48 (Rating: E-)

Arthur Fry def. Tom Gilmore

It was the debut of the hairy heavyweight Arthur Fry, why didn't receive the kind of response he hoped from the crowd: they chanted some ugly sounding chants for him, as he dominated Tom Gilmore all the way to the finish, until hitting a weak looking spinebuster and pinning the leaving Gilmore at 9:41. (Rating: D-)

Clark Alexander def. Chris Perkins

Even though Perkins was able to pick up his first victory of his CZCW career last month, he faced a tough competition from Clark Alexander, who was able to ground Perkins' offense completely, leaving no hope for the victory. Alexander nailed the last nail to the coffin with the Ice Breaker at 6:01. (Rating: E+)

Tayler Morton def. Human Arsenal

The next match saw some decent in-ring action, as Morton took on Arsenal. The first six minutes or so were really even, counter wrestling, and basic wrestling moves. After the even start, Morton got the advantage when he did a suicide dive to the outside, and controlled the match pretty much until the end, when he did his signature manouver, the Acid Rain Bomb and pinned Arsenal for the victory at 15:14. (Rating: D-)

Three Way Dance: Silver Shark def. Nathan Priest & Donnie J

After everyone put on a good match last month, they faced off in a three way dance, in a showcase of skills match. Shark and Priest shook hands before the match, but Donnie J refused such act, and instead started to beat both men to the ground. Shark & Priest then double teamed Donnie J for a quick elimination at 4:07, and then had an even battle together. Everytime one got a move through, the other retaliated and did a move of his own. After a failed Missile dropkick from the top rope, Silver Shark locked the Jaws of Life on Priest, and he had no other choice but to tap out at 13:41. (Rating: D)

CZCW SoCal Championship: Fumihiro Ota © def. Alex Braun

The most experienced men of CZCW collided here with an impressive match up, having brawling, technical battles and the aerial mightyness of Ota. The crowd were split between chanting "Ota" and "Braun" in the best match of the year so far. After Ota started getting some effective kicks in, Braun started to search for the Braun Damage all the time, only for Ota to counter every attempt of his, with moves like tornado ddt, arm drags, head scissors and ranas. When Ota tried to go for his trademark handspring moonsault though, Braun was ready, and put his knees up. Braun continued with a series of impressive suplexes, eventually trying to go for a top rope Braun Damage, but Ota countered it for a super rana and followed with the Ninja Strike for the pinfall at the time of 21:26. (Rating: D+)

Show Rating: D + (Should have increased our popularity)

Booker Notes: A test of product didn't go too well, I'll edit a bit of cult out of it.. Oh and I somehow thought that Gilmore was leaving and thus jobbed him out, only for him to not to be one leaving O.o

After February 1997..

- After so many people leaving, CZCW has signed some wrestlers to replace them. These include: Richard Blood, Black Eagle (Plague), Dario Shelton and Snap Dragon. And, as a temporary replacer (because he probably gets signed soon too) Brent Hill.

- Preston Holt has been released from his CZCW contract. We wish him luck for his future endeavours..

- After Vendetta 97, CZCW made a profit of $5121 in February.

<hr>

Prediction results:

Since everyone predicted the same..

John Lions 3/5

NicoTheUnique 3/5

eayragt 3/5

<hr>

Predictions for CZCW Uprising 1997:

Black Eagle vs. Brent Hill

Donnie J and Richard Blood vs. Darion Shelton & Arthur Fry

Tom Gilmore vs. Alex Braun

Fumihiro Ota and Tayler Morton vs. Nathan Priest and Silver Shark

<hr>

I'll post the show the day after tomorrow (9th of April)

How dare you job out Tom Gilmore when he's staying loyal to you!

You've made it no secret that Brent Hill will probably only be a temporary replacement

J's been jobbing for too long now

Gilmore should win here to set up a title rematch

Silver Shark's been on a heater and I don't see it stopping now

Even though Perkins was able to pick up his first victory of his CZCW career last month,

Me no ready good. Sorry!

Although it'd be great to give Pla... Black Eagle an amazing debut, Brent Hill can get involved in a Main Event feud, build up your midcarder and job out all within 6 months.

I never got Blood to work. Good luck.

One of the faces of CZCW, against someone who... face it, will probably leave.

Because you've teamed up Ota and Acid - the Cult of the Grey Dragon is born a decade early.

CZCW Uprising 1997

In The Snake Pit, in front of 741 fans

Brent Hill def. Black Eagle

The two new signings took the challenge of each other in the opener, in a suprisingly good and even match, that saw some nice nearfalls as well as textbook excellence, Hill and Eagle went all out in the opening of Uprising 97. After a battle of 14 minutes and 24 seconds, Brent Hill pinned Eagle after a botched moonsault from the top rope and a sweet looking King of the Hill. (Rating: D +)

Snap Dragon def. Joe Gilbert

Another debut as Snap Dragon stepped into the ring to face one half of the reigning CZCW SoCal Tag Team Champions, Joe of The Gilbert Brothers. As expected, Gilbert didn't really have much of a chance in this match, showing Snap Dragon's wide array of skills to the Coastal Audience. The clocks stopped at 8:44 when Dragon got the three count after a Dragon's Breath. (Rating: E)

Chris Perkins def. Jesse Gilbert

Joe wrestled alone so of course Jesse had too, taking on Chris Perkins, who lost last month to the departing Clark Alexander in an even match. Tonight it was far from even, as Perkins dominated much of the match as Jesse didn't have Joe in his corner, picking up his second win of his CZCW career at 9:28 following a beautiful Termination Kick. (Rating: E+)

Donnie J and Richard Blood def. Darion Shelton and Arthur Fry

More and more debuts as Blood and Shelton wrestled their first matches for the company in a tag team match, where Blood & DJ used some nice tag team manouvers and fast tags to keep Shelton & Fry from getting a dominative position in the match. They even did a double pinfall Lucha Libre style, when DJ pinned Shelton following a Death On Miami Beach and Blood rolled up Fry for the victory at 12:42 (Rating: E+)

Alex Braun def. Tom Gilmore

I felt bad for Tom Gilmore after jobbing him badly to Arthur Fry last month after mistakenly thinking he left us for NEW. Well, that didn't happen, so Gilmore and Braun faced off in what would be the semi-main event of the night. Gilmore tried to use his well regarded technical skills and succeeded, keeping Braun grounded from using his deadly brawling skills and in particular his deadly finishing manouver. This was until the very last four minutes of the match, when Braun hit a stiff lariat and then dominated the last minutes, eventually giving Gilmore some brain damage with the Braun Damage at 16:41. (Rating: D)

Fumihiro Ota and Tayler Morton drew with Nathan Priest and Silver Shark

The main event of the evening saw all the top contenders (except for Braun) take on a tag team match, which had a pretty chaotic, wild feel, as people were jumping off the turnbuckles, over and through the ropes and a constant sound of iron was heard as people were flying to the ring steps and to the announcer table, but not badly enough for referee Shane Stones to end the match just yet. After Priest & Shark missed with a double crossbody to the floor, Ota and Morton hit a double moonsault succesfully. Then Morton took a chair and smashed it into Priests head, only to receive a ladder to his spine by Silver Shark seconds later. From there they just had a chaotic weapon brawl, until Shane Stones decided to rule the match a no contest when Priest and Morton were lying on top of pieces of tables and Ota & Shark were brawling in the crowd. Match length: 16:06. (Rating: D+)

Show Rating: D (Should have increased our popularity)

After March 1997..

- CZCW has signed an up and coming cruiserweight Matt Sparrow to their roster.

- CZCW have resigned Tate Lyall for another 16 months.

- In Breaking News, Jesse Gilbert has changed his style to Cruiserweight.

- Following Uprising 97, CZCW made a profit of $6168.

<hr>

Prediction Standings:

eayragt 3/4 || Overall 6/9

John Lions 1/4 || Overall 4/9

NicoTheUnique Didn't Predict || Overall 3/5

Clp605 2/4 || Overall 2/4

<hr>

Get ready to predict..

CZCW Spring Break Bash 1997

Black Eagle vs. Silver Shark

Non-Title: Fumihiro Ota vs. Matt Sparrow

Brent Hill vs. Alex Braun

Tayler Morton vs. Nathan Priest

Tom Gilmore vs. Chris Perkins

Black Eagle vs. Silver Shark

Black Eagle will be near the top of the card by the end of the year, but Silver Shark's there now.

Non-Title: Fumihiro Ota vs. Matt Sparrow

I've just gone and remembered that when I started my CZCW game I thought Braun was champion, not Ota. Emabarrasing.

Brent Hill vs. Alex Braun

Torm on this one - but went for the old guy. What, it's only 1997? Older guy.

Tayler Morton vs. Nathan Priest

Goota bit of a thing for Morton, won't mind admitting that.

Tom Gilmore vs. Chris Perkins

Gilmore needs a win. Perkins already has two more this year than he ever had before. What to do...

In The Snake Pit, in front of 750 fans

Silver Shark def. Black Eagle

Black Eagle was again featured in the opening match, as he took on the highly regarded competitor Silver Shark. Everyone knew Eagle didn't have much of a chance, but he did flash a couple of nice moves during the match, but eventually fell into the Jaws of Life and had to tap out at the time of 10:05. (Rating: D -)

For the CZCW SoCal Tag Team Championships: The Gilbert Brothers def. Pecs & Darion Shelton

The non-existent tag team divison and tag team title scene continued its reign of bad matches, as the Gilbert Brothers battled out with Pecs & Darion Shelton. It was pretty awful all the ten minutes (10:13) it lasted, but it finally ended when Gilberts hit the Double Slap Shot and Jesse pinned Pecs for the brothers to retain their championships. (Rating: E)

Non Title: Fumihiro Ota def. Matt Sparrow

The youngster Sparrow made his debut against none other than the best competitor in the CZCW, SoCal champion Fumihiro Ota. Sparrow actually managed to have an even battle with the champion, as surprising as that sounds, mostly because the fans were really behind him because he faced Ota. At 6:20 though Sparrow lost control, got hit with the Ninja Strike and got pinned. Ota picks up the victory at 6:26. (Rating: D -)

Chris Perkins def. Tom Gilmore

After facing Alex Braun last month, Gilmore was off to a bit easier opponent at Chris Perkins. They battled out with nice technical wrestling in the ground mixed with some high flying spots to make the match interesting. In a bit of a surprise however, Perkins picked up the win at 13:02 with a Termination Kick, making this his third victory in the CZCW as a whole. (Rating: D)

Tayler Morton drew with Nathan Priest

And wow did the semi-main event blow. The match was really choppy, and given the lengthy time (my mistake) there wasn't really any flow in the match, just a couple of chaps doing crazy spots in the ring. Well it got its end after Fumihiro Ota attacked Priest and Silver Shark attacked Morton to create an all out four man brawl in the ring. Thus, referee Shane Stones ruled it (again) a no contest. (Rating: E +)

Alex Braun def. Brent Hill

Luckily for everyone, that wasn't the main event, because after making a succesful debut in a match he won against Black Eagle last month, Brent Hill issued a challenge to Alex Braun; one of the top in the foodchain. And boy was it a good match, we saw diverse action with brawl, technical side of things and aerial warfare, and the flow was decent too. Even though both men were physically tired in the later part of the match, Brent Hill just wouldn't go down, as it took three Braun Damage's for Braun's victory. The clocks stopped at 22:13. (Rating: D +)

Show Rating: D (Should have increased our popularity)

After February 1997..

- CZCW has signed James Prudence (working in CZCW as Justice) to a 2 year contract.

- Despite getting resigned just a month ago to a 16 month contract, CZCW has released Tate Lyall from his contract, effective immediately. CZCW wishes Lyall best with his future endeavours.

- Following Spring Break Bash 97, CZCW made a profit of $8491.

<hr>

Prediction Standings:

eayragt 3/6 || Overall 9/15

John Lions Didn't Predict || Overall 4/9

NicoTheUnique Didn't Predict || Overall 3/5

Clp605 Didn't Predict || Overall 2/4

<hr>

Next up..

CZCW Welcome To The Coastal Zone 1997

For the CZCW SoCal Tag Team Championships: The Gilbert Brothers © vs. Black Eagle and Tom Gilmore

Chris Perkins vs. Justice

Matt Sparrow vs. Donnie J

Brent Hill and Tayler Morton vs. Alex Braun and Nathan Priest

For the CZCW SoCal Championship: Fumihiro Ota © vs. Silver Shark

CZCW Welcome To The Coastal Zone 1997

For the CZCW SoCal Tag Team Championships: The Gilbert Brothers © vs. Black Eagle and Tom Gilmore

I'm not sure if this is really going to happen, but obviously I like Black Eagle and Gilmore more than The Gilberts

Chris Perkins vs. Justice

Look, now you've got me predicting Perkins to win.

Matt Sparrow vs. Donnie J

Looks like Donnie and James are being kept well apart, so I see James bein low down the card, with Donnie moving on up

Brent Hill and Tayler Morton vs. Alex Braun and Nathan Priest

Do I say I liked Morton? Oh yes... I did.

For the CZCW SoCal Championship: Fumihiro Ota © vs. Silver Shark

I think the next champion is in the above match, not with a Shark's mask on.

Welcome To The Coastal Zone 1997

In The Snake Pit, in front of 750 fans

For the CZCW SoCal Tag Team Championships: Black Eagle and Tom Gilmore def. The Gilbert Brothers to become the new tag team champions

In the opening match of one of our biggest shows of the schedule, we saw the Gilbert Brothers trying to retain their tag titles against Gilmore and Black Eagle. It was mostly Eagle's and Gilmore's excellent strategy and skill that allowed them to get most of the offense in, and they won the championships to become just the third team in the history of CZCW to do that, when Eagle hit Joe with the New Jersey Turnpike and pinned him at 12:58. (Rating: D -)

Dog Fyte def. Pecs & Enrique Sanchez

This match didn't have much of a purpose at all, thus why I let the competitors decide who should win. It was just to get everyone to the ring for the big show, and they didn't really amaze anyone, putting an extremely poor match. Eventually it was Dog Fyte getting the pinfall, when he succesfully pinned Pecs at 7:32 (Rating: E)

Arthur Fry and Dario Shelton def. Richard Blood & Snap Dragon

Because this was another throwoff match, I didn't specify a winner, but it was a suprisingly good match, as Blood & Dragon played extremely well together, showing excellent chemistry. On the end though, Fry and Shelton picked up the win after a slug fest at the time 8:07.(Rating: D -)

Chris Perkins def. Justice

Justice (James Prudence) made his in-ring debut against Perkins, who has gone all the way up to 3 - 1 in recent months, and didn't stop here, as he pretty much dominated the debuting Justice the way he liked it. At the time of 8:12, he hit the Insanity Tsunami and pinned the youngster for a three count. (Rating: E +)

Donnie J def. Matt Sparrow

After a decent match, we saw this one bombing, when only in a match time of 12:47 both were visibly tiring, showing their lack of stamina. It was decent action in the start though, as they did some nice high flying manouvers for the delight of the fans. DJ then - literally - killed Sparrow with the Death on Miami Beach. (Rating: E)

Brent Hill & Tayler Morton drew withAlex Braun & Nathan Priest

After a disappointing matchup, we again saw a suprisingly good match as the four feuding stars took on in this tag match, which saw some nice, diverse action and text book tag structure, where the heels kept Priest away from tagging to Braun. Eventually, as expected, Braun got into the ring and cleaned the house, only for the match to spill out the ring. From there, it was good ol' chaos, as everyone smacked each other, eventually for referee Shane Stones to count both of the teams out, ending the match to a double count out draw! (Rating: D +)

For the CZCW SoCal Championship: Silver Shark def.Fumihiro Ota to win the CZCW SoCal Championship.

The main event of the evening saw the pitting of the two men that hate each other from their bottom of their harts, as Silver Shark and Fumihiro Ota took on in a ladder match. Silver Shark didn't really care about winning the match, as he just wanted to inflict pain to Ota, and succeeded pretty well. Ota, on the other hand, tried to climb the ladder as fast as he could to retain the championship, only for him to get thrown off the ladders in spectacular ways. Eventually, after over twenty gruelling minutes, Silver Shark locked in the Jaws of Life, then took a steel chair and smashed it to Ota's head a couple of times, and then climbed the ladder and retrieved the championship, becoming the new champion!(Rating: C -)

Show Rating: D + (Should have increased our popularity)

Archived