Development Teritories

ok so i have played a few games where i have heavily invested in signing talent and trainers in the hope that there stats would improve. my current game is as wwe. i got ROH as my Development T. i only have 10 wrestlers in there , 7 trainers , all of them highly skilled in their respective wrestling style(brawlers , tech , high flyers ) its been 5 months game time and none of the students have really gained any skills at all... is it worth keeping them in the dv ? or would they gain the skills quicker if i was using them on my shows .. if someone could help me out with this question it would be muchly appreciated.

Hmm, that's interesting... In my games played as TCW and now USPW I have made my own development fed and sent talent down there that is yet to develop or assigned talented workers to develop in an area that they aren't good at yet and most seem to improve well. It might have something to do with the fact that ROH and WWE have quite different products or that they are already very talented and can't improve anymore, usually you will have workers try to stop you from sending them to development if that is the case.

In closing, I'm not reallly sure but maybe you should invest in some less talented but promosing workers that can improve in development?

Before I say anything, let me disclose that my perspective is ONLY with regard to women workers. There shouldn't be a gender based difference but women typically start out far less skilled/talented than their male counterparts (both in mods and the C-Verse).

Now that that's out of the way, I tend to use development promotions as places to stash workers to "marinate" until they're ready for me to use. It's like slow cooking a roast. I don't really use trainers (there usually aren't any highly skilled women's workers who qualify) instead choosing to mix my prospects up to account for that. For example, if I have a worker who is very good on the technical side but sucks in flying or entertainment skills, I'll send them down to work on their weak points and they'll typically train the spot monkeys and one-dimensional brawlers (who will train the technician at the same time).

BUT, one thing I've noticed that might be worth noting. The 'overall' training instruction is far, FAR better than any of the individual focuses. If you send a worker down with an overall focus, you'll notice that they'll get the biggest increases in those areas they're most deficient in while at the same time, getting fairly uniform improvements to ALL their skills. I've seen workers pick up 5 points of Star Quality in a year in development which I don't think would happen if I told them to focus on physical or performance skills. The tests I've done have been in parallel (eight copies of the same savegame) and leads me to that conclusion.

So, my advice to you is, if you're telling your dev workers to work on a specific area, try changing to overall. You might find they improve in other areas but not specifically in the area you want (or not at the rate you might want).

Before I say anything, let me disclose that my perspective is ONLY with regard to women workers. There shouldn't be a gender based difference but women typically start out far less skilled/talented than their male counterparts (both in mods and the C-Verse).

Now that that's out of the way, I tend to use development promotions as places to stash workers to "marinate" until they're ready for me to use. It's like slow cooking a roast. I don't really use trainers (there usually aren't any highly skilled women's workers who qualify) instead choosing to mix my prospects up to account for that. For example, if I have a worker who is very good on the technical side but sucks in flying or entertainment skills, I'll send them down to work on their weak points and they'll typically train the spot monkeys and one-dimensional brawlers (who will train the technician at the same time).

BUT, one thing I've noticed that might be worth noting. The 'overall' training instruction is far, FAR better than any of the individual focuses. If you send a worker down with an overall focus, you'll notice that they'll get the biggest increases in those areas they're most deficient in while at the same time, getting fairly uniform improvements to ALL their skills. I've seen workers pick up 5 points of Star Quality in a year in development which I don't think would happen if I told them to focus on physical or performance skills. The tests I've done have been in parallel (eight copies of the same savegame) and leads me to that conclusion.

So, my advice to you is, if you're telling your dev workers to work on a specific area, try changing to overall. You might find they improve in other areas but not specifically in the area you want (or not at the rate you might want).

I believe I remember somebody coming up with some good data that showed that "Overall" is the way to go. Per month, or per every three months, the total number of points gained from Overall far outstripped a specific focus, even if the specified area was pretty weak to begin with. So, while you may want performance skills to go up, specifying that area may gain you six points but it won't raise any other areas, whereas Overall would gain you more total points, but fewer in each area.

Does that make any sense?

I have typically found development territories very effective, though it does depend on the given worker. Some workers won't improve as they just don't have any room left to improve. As well, if the worker is already quite skilled, they are going to improve quite slowly - it takes a lot longer to go from B+ to A than F+ to E- in a skill. My recommendation is to be checking either the number grades of skill increases, or even go into the editor to see the actual exact numberic grade. Then you can be a bit more certain.

Factors like existing ability, age, potential, even possibly even personality all seem to factor in to whether and how much a worker will improve. But to answer the question, I still find the development territory much faster to develop workers than having them on the roster. The advantage to that is building overness, and potentially tag team experience.

Archived