Fatigue after the half

<p>Not sure if this needs to go in the tech forum or here. Move if needed.</p><p> </p><p>

I've noticed that my fatigued players at the end of the first half are still fatigued at the start of the 2nd. It seems like all players should start out rested.</p><p> </p><p>

Another issue, when I started a new league and created my player coach, there were no "offers" to be hired by a team, just the option to pick any team. I think it would be nice to have a "difficulty" setting that only gives a few teams or many teams that you can choose from.</p><p> </p><p>

Really liking this game. Very easy to jump right in and get engaged with your team.</p>

Choosing your team the first season is by design as you have no track record. I try to leave things open ended so the user can do what they want. If you sim a year first then you will get job offers during the coach hiring period.

I'm open to discussion on stamina at half time. I recently increased the amount of stamina that is regained in one of the beta patches so we'll see if that helps at all. I don't believe that someone who is dead tired at the end of the half is going to be 100% to start the second half but I am willing to hear other people's thoughts.

Brian, I don't know if you've ever played College Hoops 2k8, but it had two options: a Career Legacy, and an Open Legacy. In Career Legacy, you were restricted to the historically small and bad teams (Big South, etc). In Open, you could choose whoever you want. Perhaps this is a way to combine his suggestion and the way it currently works?

Choosing your team the first season is by design as you have no track record. I try to leave things open ended so the user can do what they want. If you sim a year first then you will get job offers during the coach hiring period.

I'm open to discussion on stamina at half time. I recently increased the amount of stamina that is regained in one of the beta patches so we'll see if that helps at all. I don't believe that someone who is dead tired at the end of the half is going to be 100% to start the second half but I am willing to hear other people's thoughts.

Id agree with this. To keep things consistent since a halftime is 12-15 min they should increase their stamina as much as they would in 12-15 minues of sitting on the bench which is about 6-8 minutes of game time on the bench.

"Another issue, when I started a new league and created my player coach, there were no "offers" to be hired by a team, just the option to pick any team."

- Something I like to do is sim 4 or 5 years to build up some history, then jump in and see what offers you get. You will of course need to you have your coach in the game from the start. If you want to start at a certain age, be sure to factor that in.

"I think it would be nice to have a "difficulty" setting that only gives a few teams or many teams that you can choose from."

- I don't know. I think the difficulty level is already in the game. You can set up your coach from 0 to 15. If you want a challenge, take a low prestige team and set your coach at 0. Want to win now, start at the top with Duke and a 15 coach. Or pick anything in between.

Archived