<p>I'm thinking about setting up a game by simming ahead from 1961 to 2009 before I take over a team...to build up a good history. I'm considering using full conference movement and yes for conference prestige changes, because I think it'd be interesting to see how things change over the years. Are there any possible problems in doing this? Will the integrity of this "alternate universe" hold up? </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks,</p><p>

Mark</p>

The sim multi season option is under "Tools". It says "fast sim" and let's you pick a starting year and a finish year and then you can let it run unattended.

I did a test run from 1961 to 1982 and the results look great. The only thing I think I'll change is using limited conference movement istead of full. With full conference movement there were way too many teams changing conferences every single year. I'm not saying that's a game problem...but rather just a result of using that particular option. Everything else looked great. It was cool, for example, to see that the all time winninest coach had 589 wins and the record for most points in a game by a player was 63. All of the ranges of every historical stat seemed to be very realistic.

• 1 month later...
I chose 1961 as the start year because that was the year I was born. No other special reason other than that. It's turned out great. In 2009 I was offered a job coaching the Lamar Cardinals and have since coached at Tennessee State and UMKC. I'm about 12 years into my coaching career.

I think its a good choice though, I simmed from 1961 to 2010 before i entered in my coach in both my dynasties I started and it produced pretty good results I think.

I'm also 14 seasons on top of that in 1 of the dynasties and still going strong.

I started with Florida Atlantic for 7 years, 2 year stop in Virginia, 3 years in Missouri, and i'm on my 2nd year now in Maryland... i'll likely be @ maryland for 10-20 years now i think. They are 99 prestige.

It also didn't take very long. Wish there was a way that you could start with all the schools around in 1901, and they joined the league as you go haha..

In theory it's possible to do this, but it's problematic for two reasons:

1) The 64 team field for the NCAA is hard-coded. I admit I haven't looked into how many universities were actually around in 1901, but I suspect it may be a problem.

2) Currently you can't add conferences, although Brian said it shouldn't be too difficult to add. Now whether it's something that's going to happen in this cycle, I don't know. But you'll eventually run into problems with conferences being too large (a difficulty I've managed to jury-rig around for now through the 1953 season in my 1948 dynasty, but eventually I'm going to be roadblocked without an add conference feature).

• 2 weeks later...

looks like we will need an edit league structure/conference structure sooner than later with all the conference moving talk.

For my offline leagues it isn't THAT big an issue but it would be fun. I basically just start at 1960 to give 50 years of history, saved that game, and make all my leagues start from that. I also had moderate conference movement turned on... wonder how it would turn out.

Current dynasty i'm messing around with, Charlotte 49ers are dominating the SEC :)

I am dominating the ACC and the rest of the league with NC State. They were at 100 prestige when i was offered the job... which i left Charlotte for (84 prestige).

Archived