Hall of Immortals National Icon question

What qualifies it? I thought it was "get A* in every region of a country", but when one of my workers got that, his percentage of the way into the Hall of Immortals didn't go up at all. In fact, he's almost got A* in every region of TWO countries (the United States and Canada) and still doesn't have the qualification. So how does a worker qualify for the national icon requirement for the Hall of Immortals?

It is a

incredibly hard to do. I've had Remo dominating people for months and being involved in a world title fued where he has lost just once and still his A* pop hasn't reached 100%.

Really? I've actually found it quite easy. I've done it with a couple of workers on 2010 with TCW without really trying. Did it with a lot of different workers with SWF on 2008. Feature them heavily, put in the plenty of highly-rated angles, make sure the storylines are hot, and protect them with wins. Basically, only have them lose to guys who are as popular, so the loss hurts very little.

Really? I've actually found it quite easy. I've done it with a couple of workers on 2010 with TCW without really trying. Did it with a lot of different workers with SWF on 2008. Feature them heavily, put in the plenty of highly-rated angles, make sure the storylines are hot, and protect them with wins. Basically, only have them lose to guys who are as popular, so the loss hurts very little.

I've done it with loads of guys, I've been keeping track, and so far it's eight (unless Faith already had National Icon on his resumé) but it's Remo that's really starting to bug me. I may even have him win the title off James just to push him over the edge.

Valiant is already over 50% of the way there, and I just noticed. Wowzers.

I've done it with loads of guys, I've been keeping track, and so far it's eight (unless Faith already had National Icon on his resumé) but it's Remo that's really starting to bug me. I may even have him win the title off James just to push him over the edge.

Valiant is already over 50% of the way there, and I just noticed. Wowzers.

If you've done with a quite a number of workers, its not really "incredibly hard to do", is it?

If its just Remo that it won't happen with, might just be a popularity cap.

I think that in Japan when Kitozon was around he was the biggest star purely because it was a more fledgeling scene, He might have had an A or low A*, still tremendous for the time. Same with El Patron, the lucha scene has just never been big enough.

From his bio:

Master Kitozon is the most legendary Japanese wrestler of all time, surpassing mere superstardom and reaching the status of cultural icon. After beginning his career with GCG, he went on to become the key figure in the rise and eventual dominance of BHOTWG. He sadly passed away in 1986 at the age of 59, just five years after retiring from active competition.
I'd say he was 100% throughout Japan by the looks of the first sentence. :p

What do you do when certain regions will go to 100 but the rest don't want to follow behind? The worker in question has roughly 9 shows before he's scheduled to lose a match, and no one to take popularity from because he's the top guy and the only person with A*. Angles give less than a 1 bump, and matches do absolutely nothing. I'm not sure how to get the rest of the regions to 100. He gets A* every segment and has a momentum of 100 as well. I don't know what else I can possibly do to get the final step up the ladder.

What do you do when certain regions will go to 100 but the rest don't want to follow behind? The worker in question has roughly 9 shows before he's scheduled to lose a match, and no one to take popularity from because he's the top guy and the only person with A*. Angles give less than a 1 bump, and matches do absolutely nothing. I'm not sure how to get the rest of the regions to 100. He gets A* every segment and has a momentum of 100 as well. I don't know what else I can possibly do to get the final step up the ladder.

Just have him fight a midcarder and use the "dominate" RA note.

I was fooling around one day and got like 5 guys (including Aaron Andrews and Knuckles) 100% pop that through domination abuse.

Archived