Do prelims need to be booked in advance?

Everything needs to be booked in advance. For example in the game i'm playing I have GDF 18 coming up on Saturday of Week 1, March 2003 but I've had it booked since late January. I also have an event scheduled Saturday of Week 4, March 2003 which I have fully booked already because i'm currently in late February. I also like to schedule shows two or three months ahead of time but only schedule the main event and co-main events until a month before the card. Sometimes scheduling ahead is a bad thing though when you have a rapidly growing promotion because lets say you're high level regional and you book two months ahead and by the time the card that you booked gets there your promotion is low level national going on mid level national and you end up with a poor show because of it. Everything differs depending upon how many fighters you're working with and how popular your promotion is imho.

I hope some of this rambling helps. ::o

Jut wondering how it works in the game.

I believe Adam has stated booking early has no effect on attendance or PPV buys. Essentially, you can book the entire card two days before the show and get the same results as booking two months before. However, I still book in advance as I find it more realistic. Hopefully in the next version this can be looked at to add to the strategy of the game.

I believe Adam has stated booking early has no effect on attendance or PPV buys. Essentially, you can book the entire card two days before the show and get the same results as booking two months before. However, I still book in advance as I find it more realistic. Hopefully in the next version this can be looked at to add to the strategy of the game.

Indeed. And when the card is booked, it's very unlikely someone will get injured. In reality, there are cancellations of fights all the time.

In the past, sometimes fighters would complain that when the match is booked a week in advance, but I think it's been canned, given it might irritate people (and it does :p).

Archived