Momentum Nightmare at a Small Tri State Company.

TEW 2010 is really GREAT!

Please bear with me in the following question.

I have a small company (extra heavy on popularity product) and I have a momentum problem (4 wrestlers at C+ to C-, a couple at E and all teh others at D- to D+).

I tried everything that I had done in previous editions of TEW.

Sex Based Angles, Menace Angles, Post Match Celebrations, careful booking. It seems that Momentum now is primally based on the segment grade and at small company I cannot hire very popular workers. Also low momentum lowers angles and matches grades, so things continue downhill. In previous editions of TEW, a turn and a gimmick change gave a fresh momentum, but in this edition the gimmick changes (see my other subject) seem to generating even more penalties.

I normally would not complain, but I am 5th of 5 in the Tri State Regional Wars, and it is the first time That I play with a Character with F- stats in everything!

Sorry for the long post, I would apreciate any answers.

Sadly, momentum is one of the things that will kick you in the teeth as a small company. There's not really a good way around it. If you're lucky, you can get your main champ and possibly your number one contender onto the 'Who's Hot' list, but don't count on it.

If push comes to shove, go to your User Preferences and turn Momentum Effects to 'off'. It's a bit of a cop-out, but if it's stopping you having fun then change it.

As a small company, having a Popularity-based product is kind of silly. As you said, you can't hire anyone with decent popularity, so you are guaranteeing yourself poor grades, and by extension, poor momentum.

Just bump up something that will move things a bit more to the middle, and as your workers become more popular, phase that part of the product out, so that you have the one you want, once you're actually able to make use of it.

I though that momentum in the C range is pretty good for a small company?

That's really about what i can get my guys to at small usually. I've always though that momentum grades are relative like show grades, I.E a C- show/rating is awful for a bigger company, but awesome for a small.

Am i wrong on that? as my created 0 that just got to small, i keep my M/E scene at C- through C+ and seem to do fine....is that not as good as i thought it was (my overall company pop at the moment is E+)

To Greg:

Thank you for your time answering my question. I totally agree with you. It is far more easy to create a successful performance local/small company than a popularity based small company.

But in previous versions of the game, it seemed that when I changed my product from per/pop to pure popularity, a message popped up that said that my product is changing and I am going to loose a lot from my fan base.

Is this also the case in TEW 2010 or the new Minimum / Maximum product values play a new role here?

To Greg:

Thank you for your time answering my question. I totally agree with you. It is far more easy to create a successful performance local/small company than a popularity based small company.

But in previous versions of the game, it seemed that when I changed my product from per/pop to pure popularity, a message popped up that said that my product is changing and I am going to loose a lot from my fan base.

Is this also the case in TEW 2010 or the new Minimum / Maximum product values play a new role here?

Edit your product via the editor. It bypasses that problem

Thank you for the advice Jaysin. I actually did that in my TEW 2007 game but in the TEW 2008 and onward I do not edit the product anymore because it feels like cheating (well to me anyway :cool: ). Has anyone else tried experimenting with the Minimum / Maximum Product Values?

The trick to not alienating your fan base is to make the change very gradual. If you just change who you are, overnight, then you're basically telling all your fans to frak off. Have an idea of where you want to end up, and change one feature, one level, once every few months. To go from the start to the finish should take you a couple years.

Basically, as you are slowly more capable of having a Popularity-based product, slowly move in that direction. As with most things, baby steps are the way to go.

Archived