So I was curious.

I wanted to use TEW to find out what would happen in an alternate version of today.

I loaded up my EOTGE database, DLed an autoclicker and got to simulating.

After awhile, I came back to look, it's 2006 now, 13 years after I started simuating.

And wouldn't you know it.

Nothing has changed. Incredibly old, wrinkly guys like Lawler, Flair, Steamboat, Backlund, Hogan and the like are still ripping up both promotions, in fact, the only two people to get over in any meaningful way were Sean Waltman and Fatu. In fact, both WCW and WWF have barely hired or fired a soul, their rosters are near-identical to what they were 13 years ago.

Barely anyone has retired. There is a multitude of wrestlers in their 60s and indeed most of the top workers are in their 50s.

What the hell man?

So I was curious.

I wanted to use TEW to find out what would happen in an alternate version of today.

I loaded up my EOTGE database, DLed an autoclicker and got to simulating.

After awhile, I came back to look, it's 2006 now, 13 years after I started simuating.

And wouldn't you know it.

Nothing has changed. Incredibly old, wrinkly guys like Lawler, Flair, Steamboat, Backlund, Hogan and the like are still ripping up both promotions, in fact, the only two people to get over in any meaningful way were Sean Waltman and Fatu. In fact, both WCW and WWF have barely hired or fired a soul, their rosters are near-identical to what they were 13 years ago.

Barely anyone has retired. There is a multitude of wrestlers in their 60s and indeed most of the top workers are in their 50s.

What the hell man?

Try the default database.

This phenominon was well documented a few years back, when '05 was the current version. This was a major reason why retirements, skill degradation, and hiring/firing protocols have been modified greatly in the last few versions.

TEW 2005 is definitely not the best TEW to do "watcher" games with. Sorry.

Archived