weird contract negotiations

ok so i am playing a real life mod set in 1989. i am in charge of the nwa and i am currently at national level( bout a month of international) and i am trying to poach arn anderson of the wwf(international) he was willing to start the negotiations with me. but then when i offered him the contract he said: i am not willing to sign a exclusive contract with you as i hold a lucrative job with another company. so i offered him a PPA contract and he then rejected that because a company of my size should be offering a written contract. has anybody else came across a problem like this ?? any ideas how i can sign him ,... any help would be muchly appreciated

Its the catch-22.

He's willing to listen to your offer, but he's happy with his current contract. He's unhappy with a PPA contract.

There's no real way to sign him. It's a bit like if TNA talked to John Cena, Batista, Chris Jericho or Edge when their contract would be about to expire. They would listen to the offer, but wouldn't accept it as they're happy with their current employer.

I can't find the actual topic where Adam answered about it.

But there's no real way to sign him for you in this situation (outside of the editor).

thanks for the help buddy. i was sort of thinking that would be the case. but was hoping there would be some way around it. guess i will just have to start kicking ass some more before i go and raid the wwf's talent. thanks again for ur response.

ok while i have a topic running i have another question that is related. i know its been stated that strong friendships , blood relatives etc make it more attractive for workers to sign with you. i have not really found that the case. has anybody else tested this theory out and have a better conclusion ? for instance i tryed to sign bret hart(in another game) i had all his relatives in the company but he still wanted to stay with his current company( and i was at the same international level as them )

some posts on this topic are on the subject, but they're a bit hard to find as there have been several discussions on it: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73018 I remember reading some interesting posts in there.

It does have an impact, but I'm not really familiar enough with the game to really tell how much. It could be a deciding factor if both promotions are pretty close on popularity and momentum.

I would rank it as a possible upper-hand on a tough negotiation.It is an important factor in getting workers to written contract on cult level (if you fulfill all the other requirements).

Their friends/relatives also have to be happy in the locker room for it to have more effect. He also needs to have as little negative relationships with other workers in the locker room, otherwise the benefit is reduced.

What I can confirm on the relatives / Relationships question,is that the relationship doesn't have to do much with the negotiations PRIOR coming to the company.

If the negotiations however are successful, the relative / relationship partner who is ALREADY in your company gets a HUGE boost to his morale. Also the relationship as you well know, appears into the locker room notes and gives the apropriate bonus to the locker room enviroment as well.

When you are renegotiating with the worker and the negotiations are not for his well being in the company (for example you are negotiating to fire the person) then his relative will appear with a plea to undo your action. If you stick to your initial opition then the relative will get a morale penalty.

I have a suspicion (I haven't confirmed it yet) that the only true relationship that protects a worker from being stolen is the loyal / Best Friend to the employer (For example something like Shawn Gonzalez to Puerto Rican Power).

I have confirmed that the dating relationship doesn't change the mind of the worker about leaving (while Joey Beauchamp was dating Anna Ki and I had brought him to EWA, he left after a year for UEW with no worries).

I hope this helps.

Archived