Network Switch Help

This has confused me and I have searched, but have not found a definitive method. I am using USPW I am pulling decent ratings on my TV deal and I have 5 shows left with Sports America and the networks will start negotiating in about 10 days. I want to move up to a larger network, so what do I do? I really don't want to miss any shows as I am afraid it would kill my momentum. If I play out my contract I will probably miss the negotiating window and be off air correct? Changing networks does not seem easy.

It's not.

Basically, after about two shows in the month networks are negotiating you need to cancel your show. You can send out offers to new networks the same day you tell your net it's canceling. It's better to send offers to every net you want to get on at once. If you miss the first window you may not have time to try any new networks. In a worst case scenario you can apply to your old network. They won't hold canceling the show against you.

You don't need to cancel your current show. If you just want to change the current show to another network you click on "expand show." Your current contract will run out at the end of the month and your new contract will start the following week.

The thing that is hard is if you want to change to a different time slot on the same network.

I thought that was not true regarding Expand Show. If I try to Expand to a larger network that covers the same areas Sports America will block me.

From my experience it's best to "Expand Show" half way through the month (week 2) when you have only two episodes left on your current show. The new network will understand you're letting your contract run out on Sports America and will let you expand it to a different network if you meet their requirements (of course).

I just did this yesterday when I moved from a very small network to a medium network. I requested negotiations week 1 but I didn't actually have the negotiations until week 2. There were no problems. I finished my last two episodes on the small network and then immediately started my new contract the next month.

can someone tell me how to get a better time slot on your current network iv never figured this out

I don't think there is a way or at least I haven't found one. I think you should be able to negotiate a new time slot, day, etc. when you're "extending" the contract. Maybe I need to head over to the suggestion part of the forum.

Wow that is news to me. I have tried this during the first time Networks opened up for shows and my current network stopped me from expanding because the Network(s) that I were trying to expand to covered the same geographic areas.

Wow that is news to me. I have tried this during the first time Networks opened up for shows and my current network stopped me from expanding because the Network(s) that I were trying to expand to covered the same geographic areas.

You have to be in your final season with that network. I'm guessing you probably weren't at the time.

Thanks for your help on the Network change, but is there a way to negotiate with the new network and keep your current time slot? The time slot I have has Wednesday Medium Ratings Evening on Sports America. The two networks I am negotiating with I am asking for the same slot. I am not asking for more money in fact I am giving 100% for costs and revenue.

Another question if I change days I can't select LIVE show, so will the show automatically switch to Live once contract with Sports America ends?

I have tried different negotiation options and there is no use I am going to have to change time slot with the new Networks.

So now I have two questions:

1. If I extend my contract with Sports America do I get to keep my time slot or will/can they negotiate to move me?

2. I am still stumped on the LIVE option. If I am LIVE on Wednesday for two more episodes @ Sports America and I EXPAND to Thursday and I have to select NOT LIVE, will after my contract with Sports America is up does the show automatically changed to LIVE?

Archived