I recently decided that I had had enough of my long running USPW game for the time being and wanted to try something different. So I had a look at different promotions all over the world and liked the WLW-product and the zanyness of their roster (Pandas, Beetles and stuff). I've booked a couple of shows now but just wanted to ask if there's anything to keep in mind when booking WLW (and touring promotions in general). And angles dont seem to score as high as I'm used too in USPW (figures, though), so I'm thinking of getting rid of them. Any thoughts, experienced WLW-players (here's hoping there are some)?

The trick with angles in WLW is not to expect too much, especially in 2010. For a start, you're Regional. Secondly, your product isn't designed with angles as a ratings-grabber, like you're used to with USPW.

Use short, minor angles that don't affect the show rating for your minor characters, so they can get some practice in and build up some popularity. Only use major angles for guys like KOBE and Emerald Angel, who have the entertainment to pull off a decent promo AND the popularity to make people care. It's the same principle in USPW of course, but taken to an extreme in WLW.

I wouldn't abandon angles entirely, but restrict them to the very top workers. Emerald Angel, Magnum KOBE, Mr. Miwa and even Dark Eagle on a good day when he's got something worth talking about are all capable of getting angle ratings that keep up with your midcard calibre matches. Guys like The Tic and even Kojima himself just aren't, so don't let them.

Magnum KOBE should talk on every show, he's a free C rating at least.

I usually have guys like The Tic battling Beetle KIMURA in humorous backstage segments because I feel it's what SHOULD happen in WLW, but it's really not the way to go for ratings...

From what I've seen, WLW can absolutely dominate... they have the in-ring talent to put on exceptional matches. No joke. D-Lyrium is definitely right about restricting angles to your top talent... I think that advice can be applied to almost any promotion, honestly.

Best of luck with WLW. Let us know how you go.

I'm about two months into my game and struggling somewhat. Not because of the ratings, they are good as is to be expected with main event players like Kobe and Angel but I just find it hard to get into a new game when I know my USPW game lies dormant just a couple of clicks away ;). That's why I've only played two months. I'll check out your diary though, Funkyzafara.

Archived