"The League"--A Multiplayer Wrestling Spirit II Experience

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6. The Phoenix (3-0) def. Scott Stevens (2-1)

* Time of Match: 48:50

* Match Rating: A

* Winner's Offense: 52%

* Phoenix's Physical State: Head 0, Body 35, Arms 99, Legs 72

* Stevens' Physical State: Head 0, Body 0, Arms 92, Legs 67

* Surprisingly, this is not the Match of the Night.

* Note from the League Director: Before this match was run, I went in and made certain that both men had moves they could use to make their opponent bleed. I'm still not sure why neither one used them—especially in Stevens' case, with Seated Knuckle Punches, Mounted Punch Flurry, Vicious Knee Strike, etc. and a cheating level that would allow those moves to be used in a normal match. Phoenix was sort of handcuffed as I made him a "clean" wrestler and set his cheating level to "none," but this was by design as that's how I envisioned the character and was not going to change it. (By the by, I ran this match again after all of the matches were run, to see if we could get blood there, and again it ended with a medical DQ…this time after 66 minutes, with Phoenix still winning. Guess these two just don't like First Blood matches... )

Seriously??? What are the odds of that happening twice in a row like that?

Good match man, but remember you never really beat me. That lose should have an asterick by it lol. :p

SEASON TWO, WEEK FOUR: NEW YORK, NEW YORK (US--Tri-State)

(Sports Entertainment, Ref Bumps allowed, American Style crowd)

Ly Quang Bao (1-2, 19%) vs. El Demonio de Sangre (0-3, 6%)

Thor Hammerskald (0-3, 14%) vs. Tarik Nolan (1-2, 12%)

SGRaaize (1-2, 15%) vs. Scott Stevens (2-1, 15%)

Shawn Arrows (1-2, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-2, 15%)

FIRST BLOOD: Robbie Maynard (1-2, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (1-2, 18%)

Maxx Skabb (3-0, 24%) vs. The Phoenix (3-0, 12%)

Sebastian Moore (2-1, 15%) vs. Super Century (1-2, 24%)

Nuclear Templeton (3-0, 24%) vs. Sean (3-0, 15%)

You.. You...

You changed your finisher?

You traitor :eek:

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! :cool: Actually, I just added a secondary finisher. The Armageddon Lariat is still in there too. I promise to decapitate you next time instead of just punching your face in. :p

btw, ShadowedFlames... is Sean 3-0 or 1-2? Seems to be a little variance in your write ups and I'm too lazy to look back and check for myself. :)

Sean is 3-0. I believe.

Well, $#^$%.

I guess the silver lining I can take from that is that my relatively short losses have left me in generally good shape, which is more than I can say for some people...

I really figured I had better submissions defense than this, though.

Nice, can I also add a secondary finisher?

Time to add my Technique roots to the game

Costs money to do it, but I figure the move will pay for itself soon enough once I pound on a few more faces. Check out the rules section on the first page for more info. :)

Sean is 3-0. I believe.

Cheers, now I know I'm ending someone's winning streak when I win the next one. I pity the fool who doesn't predict a Nuclear Templeton victory! :p

Well, $#^$%.

I guess the silver lining I can take from that is that my relatively short losses have left me in generally good shape, which is more than I can say for some people...

I really figured I had better submissions defense than this, though.

Resilience is certainly going to play a factor in who makes to the end of the season alive. It's a nice little balancing act... on the one hand longer matches give you popularity which makes you able to stay in matches longer in the first place... on the other hand, shorter matches enable you to stay healthy at the expense of minimal popularity gains. I get the feeling that by time we get to the end of this season there is a strong chance we're going to have a few very short medical DQ results, unless people start bumping up their resilience.

Now... time to harass Shadowed with what Nuclear is going to do to everyone this week. :)

btw, ShadowedFlames... is Sean 3-0 or 1-2? Seems to be a little variance in your write ups and I'm too lazy to look back and check for myself. :)

Fixed. The one thing I forget to fix on a copy and paste, too.... But yeah, Sean's 3-0.

Also, that was a great write up ShadowedFlames. Do you have a TEW Dynasty?

I used to for TEW08. Was running a two player game by myself; the data got corrupted a year into the game. Haven't done one since.

If you have any spare time, IMO you should try to write a new dynasty for TEW2010. I'm sure that it would be great.

The League is taking most of my spare time, actually. Though if I did one, I would likely carry these characters over (with permission, of course) and start a dynasty with characters I'd be familiar with. :D

Heading in to update webpages now; should hopefully be done within the next hour or so.

EDIT: Pages are updated, folks!

Wow, I didn't realize it until I looked at my training page. Arrows whooped muh arse! If I lose to Phoenix this week, edict or not, I'm gonna have to crack the Supershot DDT master about the head with a little person wielding a nerf bat! :p

Hello. It is I, SUUUUUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR Century! I just want to apologise to all of the fans about my match against Tarik Nolan. It ended with a Flying Clothesline, as many of you may already know. But as a super hero, it is my duty to give fans a good finish to each match! I have actually been working on a new signature maneuver, one that is amazing and breath taking, but I won't ruin the surprise as to what it is just yet. Sebastian Moore, you better be prepared to be defeated by a super hero, and a new super maneuver!

I like all those picks. Quoting them will save me tedious highlighting and clicking.

But why would The Most Interesting Man In the World be bothered to let someone else who's not nearly as interesting make his picks for him? :eek:

I disagree with your assessment of who and or what is "interesting". Also, I have better things to do. ;)

As to the dinner, my Mid-Atlantic representative ShadowedFlames will handle the details.

I disagree with your assessment of who and or what is "interesting". Also, I have better things to do. ;)

As to the dinner, my Mid-Atlantic representative ShadowedFlames will handle the details.

...you son of a submariner. *shakes fist*

Anyhow...CONTENT!

Season Two, Week Four

October 25, 2010

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

Hot off the heels of an extended show this past Saturday night, the League rolls on towards one of the most famous arenas in the world! Hello once again, everyone! Tori Montgomery here as usual, and how about that absolute beating both men endured not only in the main event, but also what was supposed to have been a First Blood match? There's quite a few people who think that the loss should not count, but when a guy can't defend himself, is it really safe to make him continue?

Didn't think so.

In any event, it's time to get caught up on the week that was here, and see how the playing field lies after week three of the season.

DIVISIONAL STANDINGS: END OF WEEK THREE

(Note: AMR stands for Average Match Rating)

ALPHA DIVISION

1. Nuclear Templeton: 3-0, 2.67 AMR

2. SGRaaize: 1-2, 8.33 AMR

3. Ly Quang Bao: 1-2, 0.67 AMR

4. Robbie Maynard: 1-2, 5.00 AMR

(First tie breaker is division result (eliminates Maynard) -> AMR (Raaize wins). Remaining tie is head-to-head (Bao over Maynard, week two).)

BETA DIVISION

1. Maxx Skabb: 3-0, 4.67 AMR

2. Sebastian Moore: 2-1, 2.33 AMR

3. Shawn Arrows: 1-2, 8.00 AMR

3. Thor Hammerskald: 0-3, 3.67 AMR

(No ties!)

GAMMA DIVISION

1. The Phoenix: 3-0, 5.33 AMR

2. Sean: 3-0, 4.33 AMR

3. Tarik Nolan: 1-2, 7.67 AMR

4. El Demonio de Sangre: 0-3, 2.33 AMR

(Tie broken by AMR, as Divisional record is equal.)

DELTA DIVISION

1. Scott Stevens: 2-1, 6.33 AMR

2. Johnny Triumph: 1-2, 3.33 AMR

3. Super Century: 1-2, 5.33 AMR

4. Diamond: 1-2, 4.67 AMR

(Tie broken by Divisional record (Triumph 1-0. others 0-1), then by AMR.)

POPULARITY CHANGES: US—MID-ATLANTIC

(Ordered by descending end popularity after the show)

IMPROVED:

Maxx Skabb: 30.3335 -> 42.1852

Shawn Arrows: 33.4165 -> 41.7315

The Phoenix: 26.0910 -> 37.9553

Scott Stevens: 19.0000 -> 27.6690

Diamond: 20.9323 -> 25.5873

Super Century: 21.0000 -> 22.6427

Nuclear Templeton: 16.2690 -> 19.8350

El Demonio de Sangre: 15.0000 -> 16.6100

Sebastian Moore: 15.0000 -> 16.4635

Ly Quang Bao: 15.0000 -> 16.4342

SGRaaize: 14.2250 -> 14.8180

DECREASED:

Sean: 24.7732 -> 24.0792

Johnny Triumph: 22.2977 -> 18.5917

Robbie Maynard: 17.0300 -> 15.4292

Tarik Nolan: 16.4750 -> 15.2740

Thor Hammerskald: 15.0000 -> 13.3032

PREDICTION CENTRAL

Six seems to be the magic number, as that once again was the top score for the week. Three people tied at this mark, so congratulations to Messrs. Masteded and TheKenwyny, and also to Miss moon_lit_tears for their efforts this week.

Mr. I effin rule continues to sit atop the leaderboard, though he is now joined for first place by one of the aforementioned winners, as you'll see below....

1 (tie). I effin rule, masterded: 17 points

3. moon_lit_tears: 16 points

4. TheKenwyne: 15 points

5 (tie). Derek_b, Jaded, Jman2k3, Tori Montgomery: 14 points

9 (tie). Prophet, Ranson: 12 points

11 (tie). Wrestling Century, SeanMcG: 10 points

13. Dangrel: 9 points

14. Toasty: 4 points

15. Arrows: 3 points

Madison Square Garden plays host to the League this week, and after the marathon show last week the networks have decided to allow the League three hours to air, if the time is necessary. No divisional matches are on the books this week, though another First Blood match is on the horizon. Let's see how the schedule looks as we officially cross the quarter-mark for the season.

WEEK FOUR: NEW YORK, NEW YORK (US—Tri-State)

(American style crowd, Sports Entertainment match, ref bumps allowed)

Favorite: Bao, 6-7 ($1 bet returns $1.86)

Underdog: Demonio, 7-6 ($1 bet returns $2.17)

Two key factors to watch in this one: Demonio's slightly worse physical health, and his better in-ring skills. Vegas has Bao favored on the physical health, but I think this is the week that Demonio pulls out an upset victory and gets back on course in the League.

Tori's Pick: El Demonio de Sangre, via pinfall (Fuego Infernal), 11:40, C

Favorite: Hammerskald, 8-9 ($1 bet returns $1.89)

Underdog: Nolan, 9-8 ($1 bet returns $2.12)

The head of both men is their weakest point. Tarik has freakish power; one solid shot and it's lights out. Thor may be the better of the two in terms of ring ability, but you can't coach raw power. Taking the minor upset here; Nolan in a squeaker.

Tori's Pick: Tarik Nolan, via pinfall (Regulator), 10:50, C-

Favorite: Raaize, 2-3 ($1 bet returns $1.67)

Underdog: Stevens, 13-9 ($1 bet returns $2.44)

Personally, I do not see how Stevens will be able to compete in this match, after getting the holy heck beat out of him last week. I don't see this one lasting long, folks.

Tori's Pick: SGRaaize, via pinfall (Portugal Lariat), 6:10, F

Both participants are at even money ($1 bet returns $2).

Despite Arrows leading the career series 2-0 and having a huge power advantage over Diamond, it's his physical state that is making me wary of picking him. He's not doing much better after the main event last week, and Diamond should capitalize on this.

Tori's Pick: Diamond, via pinfall (Diamond in the Sky), 8:20, D

Favorite: Triumph, 3-4 ($1 bet returns $1.75)

Underdog: Maynard, 9-7 ($1 bet returns $2.29)

Triumph leads their series 1-0 after last season. Triumph's also in slightly better shape, though Maynard has superior stamina in this match. I think it's closer than the odds indicate, and I'm picking an upset here.

Tori's Pick: Robbie Maynard, 15:30, C+

Favorite: Skabb, 6-7 ($1 bet returns $1.83)

Underdog: Phoenix, 7-6 ($1 bet returns $2.17)

Folks, this should be interesting. This is the first of two bouts between undefeated people. Maxx has the power and striking advantage; Phoenix has the technical advantage. Physical condition is even; so I'm going with Skabb's heightened popularity as the decider. But this should be close either way.

Tori's Pick: Maxx Skabb, via pinfall (Lethal Injection), 14:40, B-

Favorite: Moore, Even ($1 bet returns $2)

Underdog: Century, 10-9 ($1 bet returns $2.11)

Moore's got the better physical condition, and has more power than Century has. Picking the (narrow) favorite in this one.

Tori's Pick: Sebastian Moore, via submission (Chonan Lock), 10:50, C

Favorite: Templeton, 4-5 ($1 bet returns $1.80)

Underdog: Sean, 11-9 ($1 bet returns $2.22)

Templeton has the massive power advantage, and superior physical condition. Sean's the more sound technical wrestler, and has a win over Templeton last season. This should be match of the night, and if Sean can weather the storm, I see Templeton falling prey once again to a Figure Four.

Tori's Pick: Sean, via submission (Modified Figure Four), 18:10, A

The Motor City—Detroit, Michigan—will play host to The League in week five, when we'll only have two undefeated wrestlers remaining. Who will they be? Stay tuned to find out!

WEEK FOUR: NEW YORK, NEW YORK (US: Tri-State)

Favorite: Templeton, 4-5 ($1 bet returns $1.80)

Underdog: Sean, 11-9 ($1 bet returns $2.22)

Templeton has the massive power advantage, and superior physical condition. Sean's the more sound technical wrestler, and has a win over Templeton last season. This should be match of the night, and if Sean can weather the storm, I see Templeton falling prey once again to a Figure Four.

Tori's Pick: Sean, via submission (Modified Figure Four), 18:10, A

You gotta be brave, foolish or Nuclear's opponent to think Nuclear has a chance at losing. Even if Sean does manage to weather the storm, he's got to hope his body can hold up against a lot of pain. Allow me to add Mr T's opinions to this match

Mr T's Pick: "I predict pain, via pain (pain)"

It's soooo on! :p

But why would The Most Interesting Man In the World be bothered to let someone else who's not nearly as interesting make his picks for him? :eek:

(Edit: No offense is intended to anyone with this post. :p )

I'm interesting damn it!

Don't think so buddy, you handle your own affairs. Man up. :D

Residence of Scott and Lisa Stevens

Houston, Tx

October 26, 2010, 5:00 p.m. local time

(Screen opens up in the home of "The Awesome One" known simply around the world as Scorpion Scott Stevens. We try to find our hero but he is nowhere to be found. As we walk through the hallways we hear voices in the distance.)

Voice: This week the NFL is regul....

(click)

(As we come closer the voices become clearer and louder.)

Voice: What did you think of the fight?

Voice: Oh man it was awesome. Lesnar got his ass whooped worse than that Scorpion dude did on the tube the night before.

Voice: What did he say??????

(sound of something rewinding is heard)

Voice: Oh man it was awesome. Lesnar got his ass whooped worse than that Scorpion dude did on the tube the night before.

Voice: That's it!!!!!!!!

(A large crash is heard, and as we enter the room we find Scorpion standing over a large, broken, flat screen tv and his wife on the couch not looking happy.)

Lisa: Why did you go and do that????

Scorpion: I don't know, but it sure as hell felt good.

Lisa: Well, all I know is you better go pick me up a new one because Dancing With The Stars comes on later and I'm not missing it because of you throwing a temper tantrum.

Scorpion: Hush woman, you know as well as the whole world knows I didn't lose that match and I am technically undefeated.

Lisa: How do you figure?

Scorpion: How do I figure? How do I figure!?!? Did you watch the match at all?

Lisa: No, I was too busy watching NCIS.

Scorpion: Wonderful. Well since you were preoccupied watching other things I was fighting this jabroni named Phoenix in a first blood match.

Lisa: So, what happened?

Scorpion: Well none of us bled and the match was stopped because the ref thought I couldn't continue the match anymore. He feared for my safety.

Lisa: Hahahaha. You are getting weak in your old age Scott.

Scorpion: Weak? Please, I was just catching my breath. I have been in worse situations than that.

Lisa: Oh really?

Scorpion: Yeah, don't you recall one of my matches long ago I was bleeding so bad I required a transfusion in the middle of the match and I still came out the victor.

Lisa: No I don't recall that.

Scorpion: Well it happened. It showed how hardcore I am.

Lisa: Uh huh.

Scorpion: I'm so hardcore I eat nickels for breakfast and **** nails.

(Lisa rolls her eyes)

Scorpion: The bottom line is I didn't lose since the rules clearly state a wrestler must bleed in order to lose. This supposed loss I'm demanding to have an asterisk next to it. I mean this was a bigger blown call than the one in the Steelers and Dolphins game. Mr. Flames don't worry, you will be hearing from my team of lawyers about this screw up for sure. I mean I am your chosen star of this company. That is why you are paying me the big bucks is it not? You wouldn't want to on the bad side of your star Mr. Flames. In the mean time, Phoenix enjoy your so called victory because next time you will not survive my sting! Now onto Tori Montgomery.

Lisa: Who is she?

Scorpion: Some blonde headed bimbo.

Lisa: Ah gotcha.

Scorpion: You see Ms. Montgomery, you were smart with your comment about saying the match should not have been stopped but you let all your brains spill out of your head when you stated the same thing our resident superhero, Super Century, said and that was I was going to be a heavy underdog and get squashed by Raaize. You fail to realize missy I am undefeated and future champion of this league. I don't care if I was on the brink of death, Raaize or anyone else doesn't have a chance of beating me because I am simply that good....no I am simply the best. Raaize this Halloween weekend you will find out first hand how and why I am the best. After I'm done with you you will have no choice but to call me Freddy Krueger because I will be haunting your nightmares for years to come.

(Fade 2 Black)

Archived