"The League"--A Multiplayer Wrestling Spirit II Experience

Ly Quang Bao (1-2, 19%) vs. El Demonio de Sangre (0-3, 6%)

Thor Hammerskald (0-3, 14%) vs. Tarik Nolan (1-2, 12%)

SGRaaize (1-2, 15%) vs. Scott Stevens (2-1, 15%)

Shawn Arrows (1-2, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-2, 15%)

FIRST BLOOD: Robbie Maynard (1-2, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (1-2, 18%)

Maxx Skabb (3-0, 24%) vs. The Phoenix (3-0, 12%)

Sebastian Moore (2-1, 15%) vs. Super Century (1-2, 24%)

Nuclear Templeton (3-0, 24%) vs. Sean (3-0, 15%)

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone ever go undefeated last year? We have a few here making a strong push in the early going.

Nope. Robbie Maynard went the longest, getting his first loss in week five last season. I'm tring to bring over the season 1 results and have them posted in the opening post for posterity's sake. Best record last season was 10-4, by the eventual League Champion, and it took a 9-5 record to make the playoffs.

Nope. Robbie Maynard went the longest, getting his first loss in week five last season. I'm tring to bring over the season 1 results and have them posted in the opening post for posterity's sake. Best record last season was 10-4, by the eventual League Champion, and it took a 9-5 record to make the playoffs.

Oh cool. Thanks for the info.

OOC Comment: In the event that people don't want to scroll upwards to read an edited post, I'll just post a new one here. This is the only League thing I'm doing tonight; Fable III is calling my name. *laughs* Enjoy! :cool:

(The following is a transcript of the press conference held earlier today.)

Madison Square Garden

New York, New York

October 27, 2010, 11:00 a.m. local time

Colt Marshall: Good morning, everyone, and thank you for attending on this rainy morning. I'm not one to beat around the bush, so if you'll let me make my opening statement, I'll open the floor to questions.

I have received a great number of complaints and grievances from League fans regarding the decision that referee Alan C. Delco made last week in the First Blood match between The Phoenix and "The Scorpion" Scott Stevens. Mr. Stevens has also lodged a formal complaint in regards to this match, and this conference will also serve as a means to announce the findings of that complaint.

Both of the so-called "mainstream" combat sports, boxing and mixed martial arts, have referees that will stop the match if they deem one of the fighters unable to defend himself. When this happens, they are second-guessed by the masses as well. It's one of the perils of the job. The League is no different. No matter the area we hold our shows in, every referee who works with us is told far in advance that if the wrestler does not seem to be able to defend himself in even a nominal way to stop the match then and there.

We are concerned about the long-term health risks these men and women take on a weekly basis, and as such we require that each member of The League has a monthly check-up to ensure that any potential life-threatening conditions are caught and treated early, such as repeated concussions and internal bruising. By allowing the referee in charge of the match to stop the fight as they deem necessary, they are the first line of defense against irreparable damage. Some referees stop matches at different times—you'll notice that in last week's main event, Maxx Skabb nearly passed out from blood loss, but the match continued as the official for that contest deemed that Maxx could still compete with a degree of ability. This is their discretion, and we will look into any official who seems to hold an utter disregard for the competitors in the ring during their tenure here in The League.

In the case of Mr. Stevens, I have reviewed the match, and spoke with Mr. Delco about his decision. Furthermore, it was noted in medical documents from our on-site physician that Mr. Stevens exhibited a bit of internal bleeding during his post-match check-up. After reviewing the evidence presented to me, I find no choice but to agree with Mr. Delco's decision. The result will remain in the record books as it stands: The Phoenix won the match by way of medical disqualification, and no asterisk will be placed beside the result.

With that, I'll open the floor to questions. Miss Montgomery, as The League's official web columnist, you may go first.

Tori Montgomery: Thank you, Commissioner. What is your reaction to the comments expressed on YouTube from Mr. Stevens regarding any potential litigation he may bring forth?

Colt Marshall: Ah, yes. First off, as you very well know, I am not nor have I ever been known as "Shadowed Flames" or "Mr. Flames" or whatever variant he was using. I've made my name rather clear, and the fact that he felt that I was using a pseudonym relates more to the fact that his mental health is in question after the beating he suffered last week. That said, I have spoken to the owner of the League, who still wishes to remain anonymous at this time. He informs me that his team of lawyers is ready for any potential legal threat that Mr. Stevens may attempt. I've been told to relay the following message to Mr. Stevens, in fact.

"Mr. Stevens, if your desire is to bring about a lawsuit, then by all means proceed. Just realize that while any legal investigation is going on, you will be suspended from The League during the process to prevent any claims of the remainder of the roster trying to intimidate or weaken you to the point of dropping your lawsuit. If suspended, you will forfeit any and all matches you are scheduled for, with the appropriate consequences. In addition, you will not be allowed to travel with The League, plus you will be barred from the arenas in which we are holding events and the businesses we will be using for lodging until such time as the legal process is completed. All of this, of course, is to preserve the sanctity of the legal system and to avoid any tampering charges, which I'm sure a man of your stature would like to avoid.

"If, after all of that, you wish to proceed with your lawsuit, Mr. Stevens, then I welcome you to, as you might say, 'bring it.' I am fully willing and able to extend this lawsuit beyond the end of this season, and beyond if need be. The ball is in your court, Mr. Stevens. Fight or flight?"

And now, are there any other—yes, sir, in the second row.

Man: Reggie Powers, for CVWrestlepedia.com. Has anything been confirmed for a potential third season of The League at this time?

Colt Marshall: Currently, no. We are still in negotiations with our broadcast partners, and also testing the waters with our current roster. I can confirm that the League owner has stated that he would be willing to press the maximum number of roster members to twenty if there is interest enough shown for it, though he states that in this instance, two matches would be held as "dark show" matches that would not air on television, and which only the results would be mentioned during any broadcasts. In addition, due to the lack of staff available in the website management department, some features may be slower to update or disabled altogether for each wrestler's bio page, though this has neither been confirmed nor denied at this time. Next question...the young lady in green, third row.

Woman: Jennifer Duke, for Sport Monthly. When will be find out the identity of the person who financially backs The League?

Colt Marshall: When he deems it time to reveal himself. Other than that, I cannot answer for him as I am not privy to his plans. Next? ...Yes, the gentleman in the front row.

Man: Vaughn Nightwind, Wrestling Weekly. In light of the recent medical disqualification and the current state of a good portion of the roster, are you considering instituting a "bye" week system similar to the National Football League if The League does return for a third season?

Colt Marshall: I can confirm that some of the discussions have centered around that topic, but at this time I'm not at liberty to make a further comment on the situation. I've got time for one more question...Yes, Tori?

Tori Montgomery: Are there any notes we should be made aware of for the Tag Team Tournament coming up on Thanksgiving weekend?

Colt Marshall: The only note I'm willing to divulge at this time is that I'm allowing the League members to choose their own partners. I expect confirmation from both potential team members before I confirm the team. Any members whom I have not received confirmations from will be assigned randomly to a team. I will explain more as we get closer to the event in question. There will be no more questions; thank you all for attending....

We now return you to your prediction-making and general tomfoolery, already in progress.

{In-character speech:

By the by, Scorpion...you're using my normal layout for RP's. Unless you want to be beaten within an inch of your life again, I suggest you give it up. --Phoenix

/in-character speech} :cool:

WEEK FOUR: NEW YORK, NEW YORK (US: Tri-State)

(OOC Comment: Sorry about forgetting your character's name in the game)

Law Offices of Benjarvis, Green, and Ellis.

Los Angeles, California

October 28, 2010, 1:00 p.m. local time

(Yeah that's right I did it. Bring it Phoenix. Lol. :cool::p)

(The following is a press release issued by Scorpion's attorney JoJo Bravo.)

JoJo Bravo: I, JoJo Bravo, represent Scott Stevens and the Stevens family and was told to issue the following statement on Mr. Stevens behalf regarding our pending suit against his current employers. We here at the Law Offices of Benjarvis, Green, and Ellis will not be pursuing legal action against The League at this time. After watching the press conference with my client and discussing it further, it was deemed it would not be a smart business decision. You see Mr. Marshall, if you had suspended my client the money revenue for the company would have drastically decreased. People pay to see my client get his ass kicked because when your good and hated by the masses people would pay to see you lose to. Who else would you get to sell out the arenas? Raaize? I don't think so. Not only is he looking out for the best interests of the company right now by not pursuing legal action but he is also helping keep your job intact Mr. Marshall. Like I said before if my client is not working, people won't pay to see him get his butt kicked, and that means ticket and pay-per-view sales go down, and that means the owner will won't be happy from the money loss because his top star isn't around and the reason he wasn't around was because you suspended him and that would eventually lead to your firing. You see he is a team player and is not only staying to continue making money for his company but he is also making sure your job is still secure. Since he is being so generous you should give him a raise. That is all.

(OOC Comment: Sorry about forgetting your character's name in the game)

No problem. He hadn't come up much this season; besides I thought the way I played off of it worked. :)

Law Offices of Benjarvis, Green, and Ellis.

[/Quote]

*snicker* Well played, sir. Took me a second to catch that.

Anyhow, folks, heading in to edit webpages and such for this week's training.

EDIT: As of 7:00 pm EDT on Oct. 28th, all pages for those who have sent in training PM's have been updated.

No problem. He hadn't come up much this season; besides I thought the way I played off of it worked. :)

*snicker* Well played, sir. Took me a second to catch that.

Anyhow, folks, heading in to edit webpages and such for this week's training.

EDIT: As of 7:00 pm EDT on Oct. 28th, all pages for those who have sent in training PM's have been updated.

Worked well indeed.

Who wouldn't want to work for that law firm lol.

While I'm running matches and working on the show for this week, I've finally gotten around to working on WS2 avatars for The League. As they will be used for the main records page (being done in spare time around current League duties) as well as for WS2, they're being kept around the 150 x 150 limit.

So far, I have three done. Please keep in mind that I'm not good with graphics, so don't judge me too harshly.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/Phoenix.png.....http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/Diamond.jpg.....http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/Tarik.jpg

(Avatars for the last two are courtesy of i effin rule and are used with his permission.)

While I'm running matches and working on the show for this week, I've finally gotten around to working on WS2 avatars for The League. As they will be used for the main records page (being done in spare time around current League duties) as well as for WS2, they're being kept around the 150 x 150 limit.

So far, I have three done. Please keep in mind that I'm not good with graphics, so don't judge me too harshly.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/Phoenix.png.....http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/Diamond.jpg.....http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/Tarik.jpg

(Avatars for the last two are courtesy of i effin rule and are used with his permission.)

Do we need to describe what our characters look like?

Do we need to describe what our characters look like?

It usually helps if you either have a person/picture in mind. IER posted a link in the sign-ups thread that he allowed people to look through. There's one in there now that he's done for my e-fedding character (which is the same guy as my League character), which I might misappropriate. :p

You can use real people, too, if need be--TheKenwyne mentioned Wade Barrett in his app, which I'll likely work on as soon as I feel more comfortable with Photoshop. You can tell my original one was Bubba Ray Dudley (and as you can see, I sort of botched the cut with that and had to rely heavily on the brush feature), so it's not uncommon.

I've always pictured the Techno Viking as a twin for Thor...

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-4/techno-viking.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbvH0B7ZlcQ_YHYkxOvKh2JqJE4JHLDrofAUu08yKN7aszqMU&t=1&usg=__0wS02m-S-pUGhKkCTEFuVuvnPgg=

I'll use this avatar. This is what he more or less looks like last time I updated him in my Smackdown game. To make it him all he needs is a scar across his face like Peter Petrelli and right eye and you have him. Plus the pic just captures his whole essence.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Renders/54.png

I'll use this avatar. This is what he more or less looks like last time I updated him in my Smackdown game. To make it him all he needs is a scar across his face like Peter Petrelli and right eye and you have him. Plus the pic just captures his whole essence.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Renders/54.png

That scares me...

Archived