"The League"--A Multiplayer Wrestling Spirit II Experience

My avatar will be the same avatar I have right now

Same with my avatar.

I have the unmasked version of Scott Keith for Super Century in my database, I'm drawing a blank as to who your avatar is, SGR. If you could point me in the right direction, that would help. (Also, still hoping you find a full 150x150 of yours, WC, to make it more official.)

I will be starting to write the commentary for the show shortly--we have our second medical DQ this show--and I need to go back through the off-season in this thread and the sign-up/discussion thread to make certain I have accurate theme music for everyone as I intend to have all sixteen entrances fleshed out for this show. I will try to post it as close to 8:00 EDT as I can, but do not be surprised if I run a little late before it's all said and done.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the unmasked version of Scott Keith for Super Century in my database, I'm drawing a blank as to who your avatar is, SGR. If you could point me in the right direction, that would help. (Also, still hoping you find a full 150x150 of yours, WC, to make it more official.)

I will be starting to write the commentary for the show shortly--we have our second medical DQ this show--and I need to go back through the off-season in this thread and the sign-up/discussion thread to make certain I have accurate theme music for everyone as I intend to have all sixteen entrances fleshed out for this show. I will try to post it as close to 8:00 EDT as I can, but do not be surprised if I run a little late before it's all said and done.

SGR's avatar is John Maverick of CGC and NOTBPW fame. :)

I've been considering changing Nuclear's avatar for a while but I can't bring myself to do it. So he's still the same as the sign-ups, though I'm not sure the headshot does him justice with the way I really imagine him in my head. Hmmm.... should probably go beat up some noobs for a while, that always helps me think. :p

Wait, when is the show's write up supposed to be posted? I forgot if it was supposed to be posted on Saturdays or Sundays.

It's supposed to be up sometime after 8:00 pm EDT on Saturdays. I'm about to start match #4 on commentary--my cat keeps trying to walk on the computer and erase what I've done--plus I need to do entrances for 13 more people, so right now my tentative estimation is a 10:00 showing (in two hours from the time of this post).

It's supposed to be up sometime after 8:00 pm EDT on Saturdays. I'm about to start match #4 on commentary--my cat keeps trying to walk on the computer and erase what I've done--plus I need to do entrances for 13 more people, so right now my tentative estimation is a 10:00 showing (in two hours from the time of this post).

Pffft I bet he was playing with the new game he got today. :D

So I gave it some thought, and ... (special thanks to ier again, `cause I'm stealing another one of his renders.) ... Maxx has grown out his hair. And goatee.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nlw2006/Renders/Blaze.png

He has that twisted ex-con flair that screams "let me win, or I'll stab you in da face!" :p

Season Two, Week Four

New York, New York

October 30, 2010

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxBiUbCP8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object> THE LEAGUE: WEEK FOUR

The fabled walls of Madison Square Garden surround a standing-room-only crowd, all of whom are on their feet cheering. Because of the over-run the show has had in the last two weeks, there is no introduction as the bell rings to get the show underway.

Ly Quang Bao (1-2) vs. El Demonio de Sangre (0-3)

(Fans' Pick: Bao, 10 – 2 (83.3%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyxX3tNkodY?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Psykosonik's "Panik Kontrol" echoes throughout the arena as our next participant emerges, nearly hidden in a cloud of red smoke. As the beat continues, he sprints down the aisle, leaping onto the apron and somersaulting over the top rope, coming to a halt in the middle of the ring and looking ready to fight as the song fades.

Amelia Williams: This is our opening contest, scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Bien Hoa, Vietnam, weighing 177 pounds...Ly Quang Bao!

Bob Sinclair: Bao picked up his first win last week, in what many call an upset over League mainstay Robbie Maynard. How do you think he'll fare tonight against a fellow League rookie, Frankie?

Frankie Garnett: Personally, I'm not really expecting anything from this match. Neither man has really impressed me so far.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Hv0tsvpyU?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The heavy beat of Cannibal House's "Make Them Suffer" hit the speakers as the lone luchador in The League emerges from backstage. His mask is obscured by the smoke billowing around him, and it is a blood-red spotlight that follows him to the ring as he hops over the top rope and waits impatiently for the carnage to begin.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Tijuana, Mexico, weighing 142 pounds...he is El Demonio de Sangre!

Bob Sinclair: I've heard rumors that Demonio is getting desperate for a win, Frankie. Looking ahead at the schedule until the Tag Team Tournament, where is his most likely chance to pick up said first win?

Frankie Garnett: Tonight, honestly. He's got Nuclear, Moore, and a rematch with Phoenix coming up. If he doesn't pull it out tonight, he's got a tough few weeks ahead of him.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Open Handed Slap

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Running Clothesline

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Stomp missed!

Ly Quang Bao hit the Throat Thrust

Ly Quang Bao applied the Knee Bar

Ly Quang Bao hit the Stomp

Ly Quang Bao hit the Elbow Drop

Ly Quang Bao applied the Single Leg Grapevine

El Demonio de Sangre moved and the Snap Driving Elbow missed!

El Demonio de Sangre used the Lucha Senton

The referee begins the count...

1!

Kick Out Just Before The Two!

Ly Quang Bao broke the Hammerlock.

Ly Quang Bao hit the Triple Forearm Blow

Ly Quang Bao picks up El Demonio de Sangre.

Ly Quang Bao hit the Japanese Brainbuster

Ly Quang Bao applied the Single Leg Grapevine

The Strong Forearm Strike Flurry was countered into a Fireman's Spin.

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Quebrada missed!

Ly Quang Bao used the Spirit Roar

Ly Quang Bao hit the Japanese Power DDT

1!

Frankie Garnett: Good Lord, that impact! That was almost a piledriver, given the angle of impact!

Bob Sinclair: Bao's puro experience coming into play there, and I'm personally surprised that Demonio got out before a count of two.

The Krezei Brainbuster II was countered into a Lucha Spinning Head Scissors.

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Rolling Senton missed!

Ly Quang Bao used the Spirit Roar

The crowd is solidly against Ly Quang Bao, trying to get him to lose his cool.

The Seated Knuckle Punches was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

El Demonio de Sangre takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Ly Quang Bao counters by fighting back.

The Tiger Bomb was countered into a Puñetazo.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Patadas Voladoras

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Seated Back Dropkick

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Cartwheel Splash missed!

Ly Quang Bao stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Ly Quang Bao hit the Strong Forearm Strike Flurry

Ly Quang Bao drags El Demonio de Sangre back into the ring.

El Demonio de Sangre blocked the Krezei Brainbuster II.

El Demonio de Sangre broke the Tiger Bomb.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Patadas Voladoras

Ly Quang Bao slipped out the back of the Casita.

El Demonio de Sangre slipped out of the Spinning Back Suplex Bomb.

El Demonio de Sangre climbs the turnbuckles.

The Flying Body Press was countered into a Samoan Drop.

The Krezei Brainbuster II was countered into a Lucha Spinning Head Scissors.

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Slingshot Guillotina missed!

The Strong Forearm Strike Flurry was countered into a Small Package.

1!

2!

Kick Out!

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Small Package

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Bob Sinclair: Demonio trying for a quick win here, not wanting any part of Bao's Krezei Brainbuster II.

Frankie Garnett: With his neck already hurting, Bob, I think that much was a given.

The Rana Pinfall was countered into a Strong Forearm Strike Flurry.

Ly Quang Bao drags El Demonio de Sangre back into the ring.

The Tiger Bomb was countered into a Puñetazo.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Leg Lariat

Ly Quang Bao counters by fighting back.

The Krezei Brainbuster I was countered into a Puñetazo.

Ly Quang Bao slipped out the back of the Small Package.

Ly Quang Bao hit the Spinning Back Suplex Bomb

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

The referee's hand starts coming down...

3!

The fans boo, unhappy after a dull match.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of nine minutes even...Ly Quang Bao!

Bob Sinclair: An improvised move by Bao is enough to stun Demonio for the win! Bao may have found his rhythm now, as he evens his record to 2-2!

Frankie Garnett: And as for Demonio, you gotta ask if he'll be able to bounce back, especially with perennial League favorite Nuclear Templeton on the horizon!

Thor Hammerskald (0-3) vs. Tarik Nolan (1-2)

(Fans' Pick: Nolan, 8 – 4 (66.7%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> "Regulate" hits the speakers, immediately drawing the ire of the crowd as a large figure stands in the entryway, backlit by a clear spotlight. Pyro explodes on the stage, causing the light to shut off as the figure finally emerges onto the stage proper. Laughing at the boos hurled in his direction, he takes his time walking to the ring and subsequently entering it for his next match.

Amelia Williams: This bout is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Shreveport, Louisiana, weighing 292 pounds...Tarik Nolan!

Bob Sinclair: Nolan's surprised a few people this season with his power, and the fans have reacted well despite his less than stellar record.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, look at the guy. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side either!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UbViuK4fY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Amon Amarth's "Death in Fire" hits the speakers, to a decent ovation as the League rookie emerges from backstage, looking every bit the part of a Viking warrior as he strides to the ring with a determined look on his face.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Oslo, Norway, weighing 310 pounds...Thor Hammerskald!

Bob Sinclair: Hammerskald is also looking for his first League win, Frankie. Much like Demonio earlier, I'll ask you: what's his best chance to get a win before the break?

Frankie Garnett: Again, Bob, that'd be tonight. His next three matches are Phoenix, Stevens, and Templeton, all of whom are leading their divisions coming into tonight. His best hope to break into the win column comes tonight.

Tarik Nolan hit the Punch

Tarik Nolan hit the Eye Gouge

The referee warns that that was illegal.

Tarik Nolan hit the Headbutt

Tarik Nolan hit the Toss To Corner

Tarik Nolan hit the Corner Elbow

Thor Hammerskald broke the Corner Ten Punch.

Thor Hammerskald hit the Elbow Strike

Thor Hammerskald hit the European Uppercut

Thor Hammerskald hit the Slingshot To Corner

Thor Hammerskald hit the Turnbuckle Smash

Thor Hammerskald hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan moved and the Splash missed!

Tarik Nolan hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan picks up Thor Hammerskald from behind.

Tarik Nolan hit the Low Blow

The referee is furious at that breach of the rules.

Thor Hammerskald slipped out of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

Tarik Nolan slipped out the back of the Overhead Fallaway Slam.

Tarik Nolan hit the Blindside High Knee

Tarik Nolan leaves the ring.

The referee begins counting the competitors out.

Tarik Nolan picks up Thor Hammerskald from behind.

Thor Hammerskald slipped out of the Released German Suplex.

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count.

Thor Hammerskald hit the DDT

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out.

Tarik Nolan slipped out of the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Both competitors return to the ring before they are counted out.

Tarik Nolan whips Thor Hammerskald to the corner.

Tarik Nolan hit the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry

Thor Hammerskald counters by fighting back.

Thor Hammerskald holds Nolan in the air...still holding...and there's the Blood Eagle!

Thor Hammerskald picks up Tarik Nolan.

The crowd start a chant for Thor Hammerskald.

Thor Hammerskald calls upon the wrath of the heavens and delivers a Fenrir Strike!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

The fans start a chant of 'That Match Sucked'.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of four minutes and fifty seconds...Thor Hammerskald!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, I don't know about you, but I'd call that an upset.

Frankie Garnett: I hate to agree with you, but I have to this time, especially given how quick the match was. Hammerskald may have wrestled on the defensive for the most part, but he found enough offense to take the victory tonight!

SGRaaize (1-2) vs. Scott Stevens (2-1)

(Fans' Pick: Raaize, 7 – 5 (58.3%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZuokfaRcR8?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> A Portugesa hits the speakers to a rousing chorus of jeers as the Tron displays the national flag of Portugal. Emerging from the entryway, he turns to salute his homeland's flag before calmly walking to the ring, ignoring the fans as he slides into the ring and bounces off the ropes a couple of times to stretch.

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is scheduled for one fall! Already in the ring, from Torres Vedras, Portugal, weighing 231 pounds...SGRaaize!

Bob Sinclair: Raaize has pulled off some impressive victories last season, but he only enters tonight as a slight favorite in the eyes of our fans.

Frankie Garnett: I think that's more of a testament to his opponent's toughness than his ability to decapitate you with a lariat, Bob. Vegas had him as a solid favorite coming in!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4JPgVD2SM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The lights in the arena go pitch black, as red lasers and spotlights light up the area. The video screen lights up and flashes across the screen, "Nothing survives my sting!" Over the audio system a snippet of Dave Mustaine from the song "Scorpion" yells, "I am the Scorpion whoah!!!" This causes the crowd to start booing as a mash up of "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack and "Amazing" by Kanye West hits the speakers, and the man in question walks to the ring, talking trash the whole way.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Houston, Texas, weighing 265 pounds..."The Scorpion" Scott Stevens!

Bob Sinclair: More than a few people are still saying that his loss last week should have a footnote in the records, Frankie. While I disagree with that, what's your take on it?

Frankie Garnett: I think the man has a point, honestly. He never bled; therefore he never technically lost by the stipulation of the match. I think he should revisit this lawsuit issue after the season ends, especially if he misses the playoffs by one match!

Scott Stevens hit the Forearm Strike

The Punch was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

SGRaaize hit the Slap To Chest

SGRaaize hit the Elbow Strike

Scott Stevens moved and the Eye Gouge missed!

Scott Stevens hit the Slap Kick

SGRaaize took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

SGRaaize hit the Punch

SGRaaize hit the Running Clothesline

SGRaaize hit the Face Stepping

Scott Stevens broke the Single Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

Scott Stevens moved and the Triple Forearm Blow missed!

Scott Stevens hit the Kick To Thigh

Scott Stevens hit the Forearm Strike

Scott Stevens hit the Leg Lariat

Scott Stevens applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Scott Stevens used the La Magistral Cradle

1!

Scott Stevens hit the Triple Kick Combo

SGRaaize broke the Single Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

Scott Stevens hit the Leg Lariat

SGRaaize blocked the La Magistral Cradle.

Scott Stevens applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Scott Stevens picks up SGRaaize from behind.

Scott Stevens hit the Back Suplex

SGRaaize is feeling the effects of Arachnophobia!

The referee checks the submission...

It seems to be locked in!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

No, there is the escape!

Scott Stevens is seen to wince as he moves, his back clearly hurting.

Bob Sinclair: It's obvious that he's still feeling the effects of that hellacious match last week against Phoenix, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, try having a sack of lard the size of Phoenix basically bending you in half, and see how you feel. I wouldn't blame him if he attacked Phoenix backstage and took a one-match suspension in order to drive the point home against that Michael Myers wanna-be!

Bob Sinclair: ...Wait, how do you get that?

Frankie Garnett: Because he's a fat bas-[censored]...who is fat!

Bob Sinclair: ....

SGRaaize slipped out the back of the Z"Ha"Dum.

SGRaaize hit the Hammerlock Kick

Scott Stevens slipped out of the Knee Breaker.

Scott Stevens hit the Powerbomb

Scott Stevens picks up SGRaaize from behind.

Scott Stevens is seen to wince as he moves, his back clearly hurting.

SGRaaize broke the German Suplex.

The crowd start chanting to taunt SGRaaize.

SGRaaize hit the Triple Forearm Blow

SGRaaize picks up Scott Stevens from behind.

Scott Stevens blocked the Canadian Backbreaker Hold.

SGRaaize hit the Knee Breaker

SGRaaize picks up Scott Stevens.

Scott Stevens blocked the S.T.O..

Scott Stevens counters by reversing on SGRaaize.

SGRaaize moved and the Corner Triple Kick missed!

The Portugal Lariat was countered into a Spinning Back Kick.

SGRaaize counters by fighting back.

SGRaaize climbs the turnbuckles.

Scott Stevens rushed the Flying Double Axe Handle.

Scott Stevens hit the Belly To Belly Superplex

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

Kick Out At The Last Second!

Z''HA''DUM! Scott Stevens just leveled SGRaaize!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of seven minutes and forty seconds...Scott Stevens!

Bob Sinclair: And somehow, Stevens survives the long odds and extends his lead in the Delta Division!

Frankie Garnett: I'm telling you, and everyone listening to me, Bob. Scorpion's for real, and I'm calling him as the League champion this season!

Shawn Arrows (1-2) vs. Diamond (1-2)

(Fans' Pick: Diamond, 10 – 2 (83.3%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The opening notes of Linkin Park's "Numb" hit as he emerges from backstage, casting his gaze over the largely jeering crowd before flipping them the bird and dashing down the entrance ramp, diving under the bottom rope and into the ring.

Amelia Williams: This match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Raleigh, North Carolina, weighing 212 pounds...Shawn Arrows!

Bob Sinclair: Arrows should feel a little confident coming in tonight; of his six career League wins, two have come against tonight's opponent.

Frankie Garnett: And yet the guy all but refuses to use his finisher. I don't get it, Bob.

<object width="28" height="28"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GE59m3A9oI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The instrumental-only version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" hits the arena to a mixed reaction as The League's lone female member emerges from backstage. There is a confident smirk on her face as she talks trash with some of the louder fans before sprinting into the ring by diving under the bottom rope. As she stands, she proceeds to the corner nearest the announce table, hands thrown in the air as the soaks in the crowd reaction.

Amelia Williams: Her opponent, from Aberdeen, Scotland, weighing 137 pounds...Diamond!

Bob Sinclair: Ladies and gentlemen, here is someone who bucks the odds every time she walks through the curtains. She's more than held her own here in The League, and she's drawn a little bit of a following from what I've heard.

Frankie Garnett: They just want her for her money, Bob. If I got paid as much as she is, I'd be having to fight people off with a stick too!

Shawn Arrows moved and the Legsweep Kick missed!

The Eye Gouge was countered into a Punch.

Diamond hit the Bitch Slap

Diamond applied the Side Headlock

Diamond applied the Front Facelock

Diamond hit the Legsweep Kick

Diamond hit the Face Stepping

Diamond applied the Women's Choke Hold

Shawn Arrows moved and the Rolling Senton missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Stomp

Diamond moved and the Stomp missed!

Diamond hit the Dropkicksault

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the La Magistral Cradle.

Diamond counters by reversing on Shawn Arrows.

Diamond hit the Corner Stomp Flurry

Diamond hit the Flip Legdrop

Diamond picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

Shawn Arrows broke the Lung Blower.

Shawn Arrows hit the Dropkick

The Seated Back Kick was countered into a Low Blow.

Shawn Arrows rushed the Top Rope Point.

Shawn Arrows hit the Kick To Gut

Diamond blocked the Face Plant.

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Splits Counter Dropkick.

Bob Sinclair: Well...that's one way to avoid contact. What flexibility!

Frankie Garnett: Speak for yourself, Bob. That hurt me to look at!

Diamond picks up Shawn Arrows.

Diamond hit the Rana Pinfall

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Shawn Arrows moved and the Jawjacker missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Kick Rush

Diamond moved and the Corkscrew Legdrop missed!

Diamond used the Arabian Press

1!

2!

Kick Out!

1!

Hell Fire Kick! Hell Fire Kick! Hell Fire Kick!

Shawn Arrows rushed the Top Rope Point.

Shawn Arrows hit the Running Dropkick

The Rear Naked Punch Flurry was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Diamond climbs the turnbuckles.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Sky Twister Press missed!

Shawn Arrows picks up Diamond.

Diamond broke the Face Plant.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Charging Basement Dropkick

Diamond counters by fighting back.

Shawn Arrows broke the Women's DDT.

Shawn Arrows whips Diamond into the ropes.

Shawn Arrows hit the High Backdrop

Shawn Arrows picks up Diamond.

The Super Shot DDT was countered into a Women's Spear.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Split-Legged Moonsault missed!

Bob Sinclair: Can Arrows pull off a third win over a former divisional rival? He needs to get back into the match, and needs to do it now!

Frankie Garnett: I don't think Diamond's that out of it yet, Bob. This could still go either way!

Shawn Arrows climbs the turnbuckles.

Diamond moved and the Flying Headbutt missed!

Diamond hit the Flying Elbow Drop

Diamond grimaces as she walks, her knee may have been hurt.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Charging Basement Dropkick missed!

Diamond counters by reversing on Shawn Arrows.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Jawjacker missed!

Diamond blocked the Rana Pinfall.

Diamond blocked the Sunset Flip Bomb. This is the second block in a row, and Diamond takes control.

Shawn Arrows is busted open.

Diamond picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

Shawn Arrows broke the Lung Blower.

Diamond blocked the Implant DDT.

The Rana Pinfall was countered into a Punch.

Diamond hit the Dropkick To Knee

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

The fans applaud after seeing a very good match.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of ten minutes and fifty seconds...Diamond!

Bob Sinclair: And Diamond finally gets one over on Arrows!

Frankie Garnett: She had to fight for it, though. However, that's two weeks running that Arrows has been made to bleed; that can't fare well for his match against Super Century next week!

FIRST BLOOD: Robbie Maynard (1-2) vs. Johnny Triumph (1-2)

(Fans' Pick: Johnny Triumph, 7 – 5 (58.3%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The opening riffs of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" hits the speakers, drawing a mixed reaction from the crowd as one of the League's initial playoff wrestlers emerges from the stage, bathed in a blue light shining beneath him. After pausing to mentally prepare himself, he walks to the ring, his eyes never leaving the squared circle as he climbs onto the apron and ducks between the ropes.

Amelia Williams: This is a First Blood match! Introducing first, from Liverpool, England, weighing 251 pounds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair: Maynard is without a doubt the League's "Iron Man." He's got the physical capability to go longer than anyone before getting tired; but it's not clear if that will help him tonight.

Frankie Garnett: No, that won't help as much. You know what will? Chairs.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc6rpM7RtB0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> A remixed version of "Ecstasy of Gold" hits the speakers, which is nearly drowned out in jeers as he emerges from the entryway, a rain of golden sparks falling behind him as he walks to the ring with a confident look on his face. Instead of taking the steps closest to him, he walks around to the opposite side of the ring, drawing in more jeers as he finally climbs the steps and enters the ring.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Des Moines, Iowa, weighing 228 pounds...Johnny Triumph!

Bob Sinclair: Well, Frankie, Triumph is another of the technical wrestlers here in The League; I don't see chair-swinging as part of his arsenal.

Frankie Garnett: He can still punch a man in the head, Bob. Really, that's all you need if you're good enough.

Robbie Maynard hit the Knife Edge Chop

Robbie Maynard hit the Stomp

Robbie Maynard applied the Arm Bar

Johnny Triumph moved and the Knee Drop missed!

Johnny Triumph hit the Face Stepping

Johnny Triumph hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Pull

Robbie Maynard moved and the Stomp missed!

Robbie Maynard hit the Eye Gouge

Robbie Maynard hit the Forearm Blow

The Front Facelock was countered into a Punch.

Johnny Triumph hit the Triple Forearm Blow

Robbie Maynard blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Robbie Maynard counters by fighting back.

Robbie Maynard hit the Punch

Johnny Triumph took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Vertical Suplex was countered into a Forearm Blow.

Robbie Maynard hit the Running Clothesline

Johnny Triumph took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Johnny Triumph picks up Robbie Maynard from behind.

Johnny Triumph hit the Hammerlock Kick

Johnny Triumph hit the Snap Backbreaker

Johnny Triumph hit the Neckbreaker

Johnny Triumph takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Bob Sinclair: Triumph has dominated the early part of this match, but he's still feeling the effects of the last few weeks. He hasn't been fully himself after that week one extravaganza against Nolan.

Frankie Garnett: You think Maynard's had it easy? He's got to have lingering damage to his neck; it's been thoroughly worked on over the last two weeks!

Robbie Maynard rushed the Stalk Grounded Enemy.

Robbie Maynard hit the Vertical Suplex

Johnny Triumph blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Robbie Maynard hit the Legdrop To Groin

The crowd start chanting to taunt Robbie Maynard.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Johnny Triumph broke the Single Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

Johnny Triumph broke the Belly To Belly Suplex.

Johnny Triumph hit the S.T.O.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Horns of Victory.

Johnny Triumph applied the Camel Clutch

A stalemate happens as neither competitor can take the advantage.

The Camel Clutch was countered into a Low Blow.

Robbie Maynard hit the Headbutt To Groin

Robbie Maynard applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Robbie Maynard climbs the turnbuckles.

Johnny Triumph recovers and stands up.

Robbie Maynard hit the Flying Body Press

Robbie Maynard picks up Johnny Triumph.

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Merseyside Maul.

Robbie Maynard broke the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Forearm Strike Flurry.

The fans boo Johnny Triumph, trying to distract him.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

Johnny Triumph hit the Running Hot Shot

Johnny Triumph gets into the ring.

Johnny Triumph picks up Robbie Maynard.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Dropkick.

Robbie Maynard picks up Johnny Triumph from behind.

Robbie Maynard has to stop momentarily, his neck clearly in agony.

Bob Sinclair: You mentioned it earlier, Frankie. The last two matches that Maynard's been in—namely, against Raaize and Bao—have really done a number to his head and neck.

Frankie Garnett: That just makes him easy prey for Triumph; he just needs to draw out that killer instinct!

Johnny Triumph shook the ropes to stop the Flying Clothesline.

Johnny Triumph throws Robbie Maynard off the top rope.

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Johnny Triumph has Robbie locked in the Horns of Victory!

Robbie Maynard blocked the S.T.O..

Robbie Maynard counters by reversing on Johnny Triumph.

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Knee

Johnny Triumph blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Robbie Maynard hit the Field Goal Low Blow

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Stop the Ferry.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

Robbie Maynard hit the Field Goal Low Blow

It's gotta be over, Robbie Maynard hits the Merseyside Maul!

Frankie Garnett: No, it doesn't have to be over, that's not going to make him bleed!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, remember that last week set a precedent. Someone can win a First Blood match by medical disqualification. Perhaps Maynard's looking to make that happen here.

Robbie Maynard applied the Stop the Ferry

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Johnny Triumph hit the Slingshot Suplex

Robbie Maynard blocked the S.T.O..

Johnny Triumph whips Robbie Maynard into the ropes.

Johnny Triumph hit the Twisting Powerslam

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Heel Hook Leg Grapevine.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Merseyside Maul.

The Small Package was countered into a Slap To Chest.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the S.T.O..

Johnny Triumph moved and the Field Goal Low Blow missed!

Bob Sinclair: And now Triumph is trying the same tactic that Maynard was employing!

Frankie Garnett: Bob, I have a sudden feeling that this is going to end the same way as last week's match....

The Running Hot Shot was countered into a Abdominal Stretch.

Robbie Maynard whips Johnny Triumph into the ropes.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Twisting Powerslam.

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Knee

Johnny Triumph whips Robbie Maynard to the corner.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry.

Johnny Triumph hit the Tree Of Woe Dropkick

The Horns of Victory was countered into a Low Blow.

Robbie Maynard hit the Head And Arm Suplex

Johnny Triumph counters by fighting back.

Robbie Maynard moved and the Field Goal Low Blow missed!

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Merseyside Maul.

Johnny Triumph stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Horns of Victory.

Robbie Maynard hit the Back Suplex

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Camel Clutch.

Johnny Triumph used the Stalk Grounded Enemy

The Horns of Victory was countered into a Low Blow.

Frankie Garnett: As many crotch shots as Triumph has taken tonight, I don't see him being able to have any kids in the future!

Bob Sinclair: It goes without saying that Triumph's going to be incredibly sore for the next few days.

Frankie Garnett: Then why did you say it?!

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Forearm Blow.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Forearm Strike Flurry.

Robbie Maynard broke the Camel Clutch by reaching the ropes.

Johnny Triumph hit the Vertical Suplex

Johnny Triumph is in total control of this match at the moment, and knows it.

Johnny Triumph rolled through with the Merseyside Maul.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Forearm Blow.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Head And Arm Suplex.

The Small Package was countered into a Punch.

Johnny Triumph rolled through with the Merseyside Maul.

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Slingshot Suplex.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Head And Arm Suplex.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Punch.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Capture Suplex.

Johnny Triumph shook the ropes to stop the Flying Clothesline.

Johnny Triumph applied the Heel Hook Leg Grapevine

Robbie Maynard blocked the Triumph-plex. This is the second block in a row, and Robbie Maynard takes control.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Flying Body Press.

Johnny Triumph hit the Super Back Suplex

The Merseyside Maul was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Slingshot Suplex.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Horns of Victory.

Johnny Triumph moved and the Field Goal Low Blow missed!

Frankie Garnett: I think that was more out of self-preservation for whatever is left down there, Bob.

Bob Sinclair: I wouldn't doubt it, actually....

Robbie Maynard broke the Camel Clutch.

Robbie Maynard stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Robbie Maynard hit the Capture Suplex

Johnny Triumph blocked the Stop the Ferry.

Robbie Maynard is clearly in great pain, he can barely stand up straight.

Robbie Maynard hit the Slingshot Suplex

Johnny Triumph broke the Merseyside Maul.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Heel Hook Leg Grapevine.

Robbie Maynard whips Johnny Triumph to the corner.

Robbie Maynard hit the Victory Roll

Robbie Maynard hit the Headbutt To Groin

Johnny Triumph shook the ropes to stop the Flying Splash.

Robbie Maynard recovers and stands up.

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the S.T.O..

The Merseyside Maul was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Robbie Maynard broke the Horns of Victory.

Robbie Maynard hit the Head And Arm Suplex

Johnny Triumph blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Bob Sinclair: It's been glossed over by both of us, Frankie, but that's about the fourth or fifth time that Triumph has gotten away from that move; it's a move Maynard clearly uses to bust someone open.

Frankie Garnett: Well, at least he's trying to win the match properly unlike the other two last week....

Robbie Maynard throws Johnny Triumph to ringside.

Robbie Maynard leaves the ring.

Robbie Maynard gets into the ring.

Robbie Maynard hit the Plancha Dive

Robbie Maynard hit the Chair Shot To Head

Frankie Garnett: Good Lord, that chair shot! I don't know if Triumph got his hands up in time to defend himself!

Bob Sinclair: I think either he did, or his skin is thicker than we thought, as the ref is signaling no blood. The match continues!

Robbie Maynard used the Spirit Roar

The crowd start chanting to taunt Robbie Maynard.

Robbie Maynard used the Spirit Roar

The Chair Shot To Head was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

Frankie Garnett: See, Bob, I told you Triumph could swing a chair!

Bob Sinclair: Yeah, but not good enough apparently as Maynard was waiting for it!

Johnny Triumph broke the Capture Suplex.

Johnny Triumph drags Robbie Maynard back into the ring.

Johnny Triumph stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Johnny Triumph climbs the turnbuckles.

Johnny Triumph hit the Flying Elbow Drop

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Robbie Maynard hit the Back Suplex

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Flying Body Press.

Johnny Triumph hit the Super Back Suplex

Johnny Triumph is clearly in great pain, he can barely stand up straight.

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, I think that might have done it; I think Maynard's coughing up a little bit of blood!

Frankie Garnett: No, Bob, I don't think so. I just think he's in so much pain. And apparently, the official thinks so as well as he pushes Triumph back to check...

The referee has medically disqualified Robbie Maynard as he is clearly too hurt to defend himself any further.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner by medical disqualification, at a time of forty-one minutes and fifty seconds...Johnny Triumph!

The fans start a chant of 'That Was Awesome'.

Bob Sinclair: And for the second week running, First Blood match ends with no blood being spilled!

Frankie Garnett: Man, talk about false advertising. I'd be in the Commissioner's office tomorrow raising thirty-one flavors of hell given how the last two weeks have gone!

Maxx Skabb (3-0) vs. The Phoenix (3-0)

(Fans' Pick: Skabb, 11 – 1 (91.7%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avPSzGVCPH0?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The opening chords of "The Instinct" hit as the entryway is bathed in a fiery orange light. Twin pillars of flame erupt from the entrance stage, one per side, as The League's largest member walks to the ring. As he approaches the steps, he pauses, bowing his head for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and releasing a shout to the skies above as he climbs onto the apron and steps between the ropes.

Amelia Williams: This is the first of our double main event this evening, and it is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from the End of Nowhere, weighing 337 pounds...this is The Phoenix!

Bob Sinclair: Apparently, Frankie, you're not the only one who thinks Phoenix's run is a fluke; the vast majority of people see Phoenix going to 0-3 against Skabb tonight.

Frankie Garnett: Can you blame them? He's gotten more lucky than anything else so far!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hnIqp4Xkw?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Disturbed's "The Night" blares throughout the arena as spotlights begin to pan over the audience, as if looking for someone. A dim red light shines on the entryway, revealing a hulking figure making his way to ringside. As the refrain hits, the spotlights immediately focus on him as white strobe lights flash on the entrance stage. He slides under the bottom rope, his orange jumpsuit a stark contrast to most of the clothing in the audience as the song fades into silence.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the Orange County Correctional Facility, weighing 289 pounds...Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair: Skabb is also showing some resurgence after last season; these two former divisional rivals are the big surprises this season.

Frankie Garnett: Please, Bob. Skabb is not surprising me—he was being held back by last season's runner up.

Bob Sinclair: Only you can spin it that way, Frankie...

The Phoenix hit the Forearm Strike

The Phoenix hit the Punch

Maxx Skabb moved and the Forearm Blow missed!

Maxx Skabb hit the Throat Thrust

The Eye Gouge was countered into a Side Headlock Takedown.

The Phoenix hit the Knee Pull

The Phoenix applied the Arm Bar

The Phoenix applied the Rear Chinlock

The Phoenix hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

Maxx Skabb slipped out the back of the Single Leg Boston Crab.

The Hair Pull was countered into a Abdominal Stretch.

The Phoenix hit the Side Explosion Suplex

The Phoenix applied the American Figure Four Leglock

The Phoenix hit the Rear Crossface Blows

Maxx Skabb broke the Camel Clutch by reaching the ropes.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Punch.

Maxx Skabb hit the Jab Punch

Maxx Skabb hit the Eye Gouge

Maxx Skabb hit the Hair Pull

Maxx Skabb hit the Punch

Maxx Skabb hit the Overhead Fallaway Slam

Maxx Skabb picks up The Phoenix.

Maxx Skabb hit the High Knee

Maxx Skabb hit the Headbutt To Groin

The referee was not happy with that move.

Maxx Skabb hit the Mounted Elbow Smashes

The Phoenix rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

The Phoenix hit the Capture Suplex

Maxx Skabb broke the Camel Clutch.

Maxx Skabb stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Bob Sinclair: Skabb needs to focus more on the guy in the ring.

Frankie Garnett: It's The Phoenix. The guy only has one "major" title to his name, and that was for all of five minutes. Skabb's got this covered.

Maxx Skabb whips The Phoenix to the corner.

The Phoenix broke the Jailbreak.

Maxx Skabb moved and the Triple Forearm Blow missed!

Maxx Skabb applied the Over Shoulder Backbreaker

Escaped!

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop.

The Eternal Requiem was countered into a Low Blow.

Maxx Skabb picks up The Phoenix from behind.

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Head Vice.

The Phoenix whips Maxx Skabb to the corner.

Maxx Skabb slipped out the back of the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry.

Maxx Skabb hit the Full Nelson Bomb

Maxx Skabb hit the Big Legdrop

The Phoenix blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Maxx Skabb picks up The Phoenix.

The Phoenix broke the Over Shoulder Backbreaker.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Capture Suplex.

Maxx Skabb broke the Slingshot Suplex by falling on top.

1!

Kick Out!

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop.

The Phoenix is struggling, trying to...yes! He has the Eternal Requiem locked in!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

The referee has called for the bell!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of eight minutes even...The Phoenix!

Frankie Garnett: But...how?! I want that referee fined for biased officiating!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, Maxx was clearly tapping. Where's the bias?

Frankie Garnett: Because I just lost $600 on this match!

Bob Sinclair: ....

Sebastian Moore (2-1) vs. Super Century (1-2)

(Fans' Pick: Century, 8 – 4 (66.7%))

Without warning, all of the lights go off in the arena, casting everything into pitch blackness. A few seconds pass before a spotlight shines on one of the turnbuckles, revealing no one there. This is repeated with all four turnbuckles, each revealing no one there. Finally, one last spotlight shines down onto the middle of the ring, which reveals the caped form of The League's resident superhero, who stands with arms folded and staring intently into the audience.

Amelia Williams: This match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from the Halls of Justice, weighing 205 pounds...Super Century!

Frankie Garnett: So, Bob...what's this "new super signature" that Century was heard talking about last week?

Bob Sinclair: All I was told was, "You'll know it when you see it."

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjVnTLn6og?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> It is to Muse's "Assassin" that he emerges, an arrogant smirk crossing his face as he soaks in the jeers of the crowd. Looking up at the spotlight for a moment, his smirk seems to get even bigger as he walks down the ramp, ignoring the catcalls of the crowd as he ascends the steps, wipes his feet on the apron, and steps through the ropes.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Manchester, England, weighing 237 pounds...Sebastian Moore!

Bob Sinclair: Moore has been one of the more dominant rookies this season, currently in the thick of the Beta Division race. A win here would put him equal with Maxx Skabb.

Frankie Garnett: See, Bob, this is what I expected from the newcomers. I like this guy!

Sebastian Moore hit the Punch

Super Century took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Super Century hit the Kick To Knee

Super Century hit the Knife Edge Chop

Super Century hit the Knee Pull

Sebastian Moore slipped out of the Elbow Drop On Knee.

Sebastian Moore hit the Forearm Blow

Sebastian Moore hit the Knife Edge Chop

Sebastian Moore hit the Stomp

Sebastian Moore applied the Body Scissors

Super Century blocked the Elbow Drop On Knee.

Super Century recovers and stands up.

Sebastian Moore hit the Forearm Strike

Sebastian Moore hit the Forearm Blow

Sebastian Moore hit the Side Headlock Takedown

Super Century moved and the Stomp missed!

Super Century hit the Running Clothesline

Super Century picks up Sebastian Moore from behind.

Super Century hit the Schoolboy Roll Up

1!

Kick Out!

Super Century hit the Kick To Knee

Super Century hit the Hammerlock Kick

Super Century hit the Running Dropkick

Super Century applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Super Century hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Super Century picks up Sebastian Moore from behind.

Sebastian Moore moved and the Zero Grav missed!

Frankie Garnett: Wait a second...how freaking high did Century go on that dropkick attempt, Bob?!

Bob Sinclair: Considering his legs were coming at a downward angle towards Moore's head, Frankie, I'd say a good seven feet or so!

Sebastian Moore stops to acknowledge the fans at ringside.

Sebastian Moore hit the Knife Edge Chop

Super Century slipped out of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

Super Century hit the Springboard Rana

Sebastian Moore rushed the Spirit Roar.

Sebastian Moore hit the Leg Lariat

Super Century broke the La Magistral Cradle.

Super Century climbs the turnbuckles.

Super Century hit the Missile Dropkick

Sebastian Moore counters by fighting back.

Sebastian Moore hit the Triple Forearm Blow

Sebastian Moore hit the Rear Naked Punch Flurry

Super Century slipped out of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Sebastian Moore slipped out of the Small Package.

Sebastian Moore hit the Triple Forearm Blow

Sebastian Moore applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Sebastian Moore hit the Corkscrew Legdrop

Sebastian Moore picks up Super Century.

Sebastian Moore with the takedown, and he has that Chonan Lock on tight, Frankie!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of six minutes and fifty seconds...Sebastian Moore!

Bob Sinclair: And Moore continues to shine this season, tightening an already close Beta Division race!

Frankie Garnett: I still maintain that Century needs to drop the superhero shtick Bob. No one's going to take him seriously here.

Nuclear Templeton (3-0) vs. Sean (3-0)

(Fans' Pick: Templeton, 10 – 2 (83.3%))

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GECit4oSpbk?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Black Sabbath's classic "Iron Man" hits the arena speakers, as strobe lights begin to flash in the entryway. Fog rolls in from the entrance proper as a figure emerges, walking slowly to the ring and mentally preparing for what's ahead of him. He slides in under the bottom rope and walks over to one of the nearby turnbuckles, leaning up against them as the song fades.

Amelia Williams: This is our main event of the evening, and is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 230 pounds...Sean!

Bob Sinclair: Sean has a victory last season over Templeton, and with Phoenix's victory—

Frankie Garnett: Fluke!

Bob Sinclair: --earlier tonight, he's going to need a win to keep pace in the Gamma Division.

Frankie Garnett: Against Templeton, though, Sean's got his work cut out, even with a victory in the past.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8InLP2whA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Billy Idol's "Shock to the System" hits the speakers, bringing the crowd to their feet in ovation as one of the League's more recognizable faces emerges from backstage and across the green-tinted stage. As he hits the end of the entrance ramp, he throws his arms into the air, sending a pair of mushroom clouds into the air from the stage as he makes his way to the ring and through the ropes.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Atlantic City, New Jersey, weighing 278 pounds...Nuclear Templeton!

Bob Sinclair: Templeton has gotten off to a tremendous start this season, Frankie, but I'm still concerned about his ability to fend off the Figure Four submission. He lost three matches last season to that move.

Frankie Garnett: I would think that he's worked on dealing with that move during the offseason, Bob.

Sean hit the Punch

Sean applied the Side Headlock

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Forearm Blow

Sean applied the Side Headlock

Sean hit the Forearm Strike

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Punch

Sean applied the Front Facelock

Sean hit the Forearm Strike

Sean hit the Belly To Belly Suplex

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Legdrop To Groin.

Sean hit the Seated Back Dropkick

Sean applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Sean hit the Legdrop To Groin

Sean picks up Nuclear Templeton.

Sean picks up Nuclear Templeton.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Head And Arm Suplex.

The Knife Edge Chop was countered into a Legsweep Snap Pinfall.

1!

Kick Out!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Capture Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Small Package.

The Front Facelock was countered into a Punch.

1!

Bob Sinclair: Sean didn't get as much snap as he'd have liked on the belly to belly, but it was enough to take Nuclear down.

Frankie Garnett: As badly beaten as Sean was last week, I don't think that was a wise move on his part!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Capture Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Face Plant. This is the second block in a row, and Nuclear Templeton takes control.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Toss To Corner

Nuclear Templeton hit the Corner Open Handed Chop

Nuclear Templeton hit the Ten Turnbuckle Smashes

Nuclear Templeton applied the Nerve Pinch

Nuclear Templeton hit the Slingshot To Corner

Nuclear Templeton hit the Corner Forearm Flurry

Nuclear Templeton hit the Rear Naked Punch Flurry

Nuclear Templeton hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Nuclear Templeton picks up Sean from behind.

Nuclear Templeton climbs the turnbuckles.

Nuclear Templeton climbs down off the top rope.

The Strong Forearm Strike Flurry was countered into a Side Headlock Takedown.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Nuclear Templeton recovers and stands up.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Capture Suplex.

Sean blocked the Vertical Suplex.

Sean blocked the Gutwrench Powerbomb. This is the second block in a row, and Sean takes control.

Sean climbs the turnbuckles.

Sean hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Nuclear Templeton slipped out of the Head And Arm Suplex.

The Strong Forearm Strike Flurry was countered into a Single Arm DDT.

Sean applied the Modified Figure Four Leglock

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

The fans start a chant of 'That Match Sucked'.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of eight minutes and twenty seconds...Sean!

Bob Sinclair: And Templeton once again falls to the Figure Four!

Frankie Garnett: How can he keep getting beat by that simple a move, Bob? I don't get it!

Bob Sinclair: Afraid I don't have an answer for you, Frankie. And on that note, folks, we're out of time for tonight's show. We'll see you next week from Detroit!

SHOW SUMMARY

1. Ly Quang Bao (2-2) def. El Demonio de Sangre (0-4)

* Time of match: 9:00

* Match Rating: D

* Winner's Offense: 62%

* Bao's Body Health: Head 83, Body 90, Arms 100, Legs 99

* Demonio's Body Health: Head 42, Body 69, Arms 100, Legs 77

2. Thor Hammerskald (1-3) def. Tarik Nolan (1-3)

* Time of match: 4:50

* Match Rating: E

* Winner's Offense: 43%

* Thor's Body Health: Head 47, Body 80, Arms 100, Legs 93

* Tarik's Body Health: Head 19, Body 75, Arms 100, Legs 63

3. Scott Stevens (3-1) def. SGRaaize (1-3)

* Time of match: 7:40

* Match Rating: C+

* Winner's Offense: 53%

* Stevens' Body Health: Head 22, Body 24, Arms 90, Legs 74

* Raaize's Body Health: Head 10, Body 59, Arms 100, Legs 85

4. Diamond (2-2) def. Shawn Arrows (1-3)

* Time of match: 10:50

* Match Rating: B

* Winner's Offense: 58%

* Diamond's Body Health: Head 44, Body 28, Arms 100, Legs 65

* Arrows' Body Health: Head 0, Body 14, Arms 100, Legs 54

5. Johnny Triumph (2-2) def. Robbie Maynard (1-3)

* Time of match: 41:50

* Match Rating: A

* Winner's Offense: 56%

* This match is about four times as long as any other match on the card. If that doesn't scream Match of the Night, I don't know what does.

* Triumph's Body Health: Head 0, Body 12, Arms 80, Legs 30

* Maynard's Body Health: Head 0, Body 0, Arms 90, Legs 72

6. The Phoenix (4-0) def. Maxx Skabb (3-1)

* Time of match: 8:00

* Winner's Offense: 49%

* Phoenix's Body Health: Head 14, Body 45, Arms 100, Legs 79

* Skabb's Body Health: Head 17, Body 44, Arms 100, Legs 86

7. Sebastian Moore (3-1) def. Super Century (1-3)

* Time of match: 6:50

* Winner's Offense: 52%

* Moore's Body Health: Head 60, Body 91, Arms 96, Legs 94

* Century's Body Health: Head 48, Body 79, Arms 100, Legs 75

8. Sean (4-0) def. Nuclear Templeton (3-1)

* Time of match: 8:20

* Match Rating: E

* Winner's Offense: 65%

* Sean's Body Health: Head 32, Body 56, Arms 100, Legs 99

* Templeton's Body Health: Head 60, Body 87, Arms 93, Legs 86

WEEK FIVE SCHEDULE: Detroit, Michigan (US: Great Lakes)

(American style crowd, ref bumps allowed, Sports Entertainment style match)

SGRaaize (1-3, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-2, 9%)

Nuclear Templeton (3-1, 15%) vs. El Demonio de Sangre (0-4, 15%)

CAGE MATCH: Maxx Skabb (3-1, 15%) vs. Tarik Nolan (1-3, 15%)

CAGE MATCH: Shawn Arrows (1-3, 15%) vs. Super Century (1-3, 15%)

Sebastian Moore (3-1, 15%) vs. Diamond (2-2, 15%)

Ly Quang Bao (2-2, 15%) vs. Sean (4-0, 18%)

Robbie Maynard (1-3, 15%) vs. Scott Stevens (3-1, 18%)

Thor Hammerskald (1-3, 18%) vs. The Phoenix (4-0, 21%)

(Director's Note: Apparently, my chosen color tags for the YouTube buttons are not working. I'll work on that over the week, but hey...at least everyone who didn't specifically ask to have no entrance music now has clickable links for you to hear what they enter to! :) )

I can't believe that Nuclear lost to a figure 4 again! That move must have a 100% chance to beat Nuclear or something, I can't see why else he's losing to it all the time. :p Still... at least Nuclear is top of his division for now, that's the most important thing of all. Though I had plans for what I coulda done with that extra cash. Grrrr! :mad:

And seriously.... The Phoenix.... how can he go from jobber of the season to winner? It's almost like SF managed to come up with a cunning plan towards the end of last season that has actually started paying off! :p

Darn it! I guess my new signature move didn't help me win my match! :p

Maxx demands vengeance! He's not upset that he lost ... he's not upset that he submitted in 8 minutes ... not even upset he jobbed to the Phoenix (and can't explain how that's even possible. :p) Maxx is upset he was distracted by an overly vocal fan who kept mocking his rental car ... the lot only had a Prius, what could Maxx do?! So next week, Maxx wants to have a chair challenge with this fan, wherein Maxx beats the fan with a chair until the fan cries like a little girl. Make it happen Commish!

What? Illegal? Pfft! Maxx mocks your legalities! Muahahahaha!

WEEK FIVE SCHEDULE: Detroit, Michigan (US: Great Lakes)

(American style crowd, ref bumps allowed, Sports Entertainment style match)

And seriously.... The Phoenix.... how can he go from jobber of the season to winner? It's almost like SF managed to come up with a cunning plan towards the end of last season that has actually started paying off! :p

Well he never beat be technically. Yeah thats right I said it....what!?!?!? :p

Cage matches in WS2 are escape only, with the chance of success determined by the last move performed (a la pinfall or submission). It plays in single player mode like a regular match but eliminates the interference factor (which isn't an issue in The League...yet).

I think that I have found out a new feature for next season! :p

Cage matches in WS2 are escape only, with the chance of success determined by the last move performed (a la pinfall or submission). It plays in single player mode like a regular match but eliminates the interference factor (which isn't an issue in The League...yet).

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Pages updated, folks! Content time!

Season Two, Week Five

November 1, 2010

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

And then...there were two. Only two unbeatens remain this season, and both are in the same division! If you had told me a month ago that last season's worst wrestler would be one of them, I'd have told you to eat my hat, yet today that is the case.

And on that note, ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Beyond Ringside! This is Tori Montgomery, here as always to bring you the low-down on the week that was in The League. We actually have teams already signed up for the Tag Team Tournament in three weeks' time; I'll fill you in on who they are and where they are in the brackets as we go.

First, though, let's check the divisional standings after a quarter of the season, shall we?

DIVISIONAL STANDINGS: END OF WEEK FOUR

(Note: AMR stands for Average Match Rating)

ALPHA DIVISION

1. Nuclear Templeton: 3-1, 2.25 AMR

2. Ly Quang Bao: 2-2, 1.00 AMR

3. SGRaaize: 1-3, 7.50 AMR

4. Robbie Maynard: 1-3, 6.00 AMR

(Divisional record is the tie-breaker.)

BETA DIVISION

1. Maxx Skabb: 3-1, 4.00 AMR

2. Sebastian Moore: 3-1, 2.25 AMR

3. Shawn Arrows: 1-3, 8.00 AMR

4. Thor Hammerskald: 1-3, 3.67 AMR

(Both ties are broken by AMR.)

GAMMA DIVISION

1. The Phoenix: 4-0, 4.50 AMR

2. Sean: 4-0, 3.50 AMR

3. Tarik Nolan: 1-3, 6.00 AMR

4. El Demonio de Sangre: 0-4, 2.25 AMR

(Tie broken by AMR, as Divisional record is equal.)

DELTA DIVISION

1. Scott Stevens: 3-1, 6.00 AMR

2. Johnny Triumph: 2-2, 4.75 AMR

3. Diamond: 2-2, 5.25 AMR

4. Super Century: 1-3, 4.50 AMR

(Tie broken by Divisional record (Triumph 1-0, Diamond 0-1).)

POPULARITY CHANGES: US—TRI-STATE

(Ordered by descending end popularity after the show)

IMPROVED:

Johnny Triumph: 18.0000 -> 28.6177

Robbie Maynard: 15.0000 -> 22.1157

Ly Quang Bao: 19.0000 -> 20.2080

Diamond: 15.0000 -> 18.3542

Scott Stevens: 15.0000 -> 17.4063

Sebastian Moore: 15.0000 -> 16.3303

Shawn Arrows: 15.0000 -> 15.1808

Sean: 15.0000 -> 15.0417

Thor Hammerskald: 14.0000 -> 14.7578

The Phoenix: 12.0000 -> 13.1920

DECREASED:

Super Century: 24.0000 -> 22.3030

Maxx Skabb: 24.0000 -> 22.2080

Nuclear Templeton: 24.0000 -> 20.7917

SGRaaize: 15.0000 -> 14.3603

Tarik Nolan: 12.0000 -> 9.8255

El Demonio de Sangre: 6.0000 -> 3.9920

AROUND THE LEAGUE: NEWS AND NOTES

As mentioned in last week's press conference by Commissioner Colt Marshall, the Tag Team Turmoil event is now just over three weeks away. This is a "Virtual Arena" event, and as such the energy from the crowd in each area is what will be the League members' motivation. Some draw on it more than others, as you'll see below. This is a list of the current popularity each wrestler would have in a Virtual Arena event; this list may change in the next few weeks, so do keep that in mind:

Diamond: 26%

El Demonio de Sangre: 26%

Johnny Triumph: 29%

Ly Quang Bao: 24%

Maxx Skabb: 42%

Nuclear Templeton: 24%

Robbie Maynard: 27%

Scott Stevens: 28%

Sean: 25%

Sebastian Moore: 24%

SGRaaize: 27%

Shawn Arrows: 42%

Super Century: 24%

Tarik Nolan: 30%

The Phoenix: 38%

Thor Hammerskald: 29%

You may notice that four names above have been italicized. That's because they have already been spoken for in three weeks' time. Commissioner Marshall has received notification for two teams already, and has randomly drawn their position in the tournament brackets. Below are the current brackets for the tournament in three weeks:

TBD
------------------\                    
                 |
                 |--------------------\
      TBD        |                    |
------------------/                    |
      TBD                             |------------------\
------------------\                    |                  |
                 |                    |                  |
                 |--------------------/                  | 
Diamond & Skabb   |                                       |
------------------/                                       |
      TBD                                                |
------------------\                                       |
                 |                                       |
                 |--------------------\                  |
      TBD        |                    |                  |
------------------/                    |                  |
      TBD                             |------------------/
------------------\                    |
                 |                    |
                 |--------------------/
Century & Arrows  |
------------------/

One last item of note this week. There are allegations in the locker room that one League member is taking some sort of performance enhancer, given his vast turnaround this season. I cannot speak for the accused, as he's more than capable of setting the record straight on his own, but I've followed the guy over the last three years of his career. I would be shocked to my core if those allegations are true, as I've never known the man to do anything illegal in his life. I just think it's the experience kicking in, and now that he's gotten himself comfortable within The League, he's going to do well.

PREDICTION CENTRAL

For the fourth week in a row, six is the highest score in the predictions, and overall a rough week as the average score was a tick over 3.5. Congratulations go to Mr. SeanMcG on being the only predictor to go above a 50% accuracy rating.

A change atop the leaderboard, and one absentee lead to the following rankings, at the quarter-point of the season.

1. masterded: 21 points

2 (tie). I effin rule, moon_lit_tears: 20 points

4 (tie). Derek_b, TheKenwyne: 18 points

6. Tori Montgomery: 17 points

7 (tie). Jman2k3, Prophet, Ranson, SeanMcG: 16 points

11. Jaded: 14 points

12. Wrestling Century: 13 points

13. Dangrel: 12 points

14. Toasty: 4 points

15. Arrows: 3 points

Detroit's Joe Louis Arena plays host to the League this week.

WEEK FIVE: DETROIT, MICHIGAN (US—Great Lakes)

(American style crowd, Sports Entertainment match, ref bumps allowed)

SGRaaize (1-3, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (1-3, 9%)

Favorite: Raaize, 5-7 ($1 bet returns $1.71)

Underdog: Triumph, 8-5 ($1 bet returns $2.40)

Triumph won their only meeting last year, but comes in overall in worse health than Raaize. For his part, Raaize has the power advantage over Triumph, and the size difference is minimal at best. Raaize also comes in with the popularity advantage, and may be able to ride out the storm here to go to 2-3 on the season.

Tori's Pick: SGRaaize, via pinfall (Portugal lariat), 8:50, D

Favorite: Templeton, 5-6 ($1 bet returns $1.83)

Underdog: Demonio, 9-7 ($1 bet returns $2.22)

Both participants come in relatively undamaged after four weeks. The size difference will play a key role, as will Nuclear's explosive power and stamina. Unless Demonio can keep Templeton off-balance, I don't see this being an easy night for the luchador.

Tori's Pick: Nuclear Templeton, via pinfall (Rain of Pain), 7:20, E

Both men are at even money ($1 bet returns $2)

This is quite nearly a mirror match, folks. Both men are in similar condition, and have similar in-ring skill sets. Nolan's power is offset by Skabb's prison resilience, and Skabb's striking ability may be just enough to give him the edge here. The factor that decides it for me, though, is Nolan's win over Skabb last year. Tarik desperately needs this win to salvage the season, and I think he gets it here.

Tori's Pick: Tarik Nolan, 13:20, C+

CAGE MATCH: Shawn Arrows (1-3) vs. Super Century (1-3)

Favorite: Century, 3-4 ($1 bet returns $1.75)

Underdog: Arrows, 4-3 ($1 bet returns $2.33)

Arrows is in far worse condition than Century is. Arrows has the superior stamina, though, and if he can get Century to run himself ragged, he has a chance. I'm not sure that it's enough.

Tori's Pick: Super Century, 14:30, C+

Favorite: Moore, 5-7 ($1 bet returns $1.71)

Underdog: Diamond, 7-5 ($1 bet returns $2.40)

Moore's in better condition, has a defensive advantage, and is in his division's lead. Diamond has her speed, stamina, and a little bit of experience on her side. I'm picking the underdog in this one.

Tori's Pick: Diamond, via pinfall (Split-Legged Moonsault), 12:40, C

Both men are at even money ($1 bet returns $2)

Our resident bookmaker has this at even based almost solely on Bao's superior physical condition. Remember, though, that Sean has playoff experience, harder-hitting offensive moves, and superior in-ring skill. That's what decides me on this one.

Tori's Pick: Sean, via submission (Modified Figure Four), 11:10, C

Favorite: Stevens, 5-6 ($1 bet returns $1.83)

Underdog: Maynard, 6-5 ($1 bet returns $2.20)

After the beating he took last week, Maynard goes against the only other man to be medically disqualified in League competition. Stevens managed to get out of the match last week with minimal damage, which he desperately needed in order to recover. Maynard has the best in-ring stamina in the League, but I am not sure he will be able to use it to his advantage in his state. Maynard's woes continue this week.

Tori's Pick: Scott Stevens, via pinfall (Z"ha"dum), 6:30, F

Favorite: Hammerskald, 5-6 ($1 bet returns $1.83)

Underdog: Phoenix, 11-9 ($1 bet returns $2.22)

Once again, this is mainly attributed to Hammerskald's physical condition. These are the two heaviest members of The League, so things will be quite interesting as Hammerskald has the obvious power advantage, while Phoenix has the obvious technical advantage. It's going to come down to who makes a mistake first, and who can take advantage of the mistake. In that, I'm going with the guy who's surprised everyone so far this season. The Gamma Division heads into week six with two men tied at 5-0, in my view.

Tori's Pick: The Phoenix, via submission (Eternal Requiem), 12:30, C

We go to the Great White North—London, Ontario, to be precise—for week six. Will we still have two undefeated wrestlers come next week? Tune in Saturday night and find out!

SEASON TWO, WEEK FIVE: DETROIT, MICHIGAN

One of your picks are wrong my dear.:D

Archived