You can add or subtract conferences from the GDCS autobids. You can change the matchups and rank within the conference and change the GDCS bowls. You can also set it so certain bowls (like the Gator and Notre Dame or the Hawaii bowl and University of Hawaii in real life) look for a particular team first taking them if they are available. Finally you can tweak if they are used in a playoff if you select that option. All of this is done in the database. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Scott Vibert]You can add or subtract conferences from the GDCS autobids (see the League Setup) You can change the matchups and rank within the conference and change the GDCS bowls. You can also set it so certain bowls (like the Gator and Notre Dame or the Hawaii bowl and University of Hawaii in real life) look for a particular team first taking them if they are available. Finally you can tweak if they are used in a playoff if you select that option. All of this is done in the database. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]Where in the database is the bowl info?

[QUOTE=Chappy]Not to be sarcastic, but it is titled 'bowls' :) It's in the pstats.dat file. But be warned, it seems whenever I edit them drastically, I get a RTE 92 after week 16.[/QUOTE]Yeah...I had been looking there beforehand, and found it shortly after I asked. I just overlooked it for some reason.

[QUOTE=Chappy]Not to be sarcastic, but it is titled 'bowl games' :) It's in the pstats.dat file. But be warned, it seems whenever I edit them drastically, I get a RTE 92 after week 16.[/QUOTE] What do you mean by drastically (I've done simple things like adding games, but hadn't moved them around a bunch)? Just trying to see what messes it up.

Well, first time I got it was when I reduced it to a total of 10 bowl games and had it where it was matching up mainly 1st and 2nd place teams. Another way I got it was by eliminating the automatic GDCS bowl bids (I did this in-game without editing the pstats.dat file). I also got it when I created a super-league where there were 10 12-team conferences and 5 GDCS bowl games... I like to play around with different scenarios. :)

[QUOTE=Chappy]Just out of curiosity, in the full version of the game, will we be able to edit bowl tie-ins in-game, or will we still need to edit the dat file to do this?[/QUOTE] There will be no editing from in the game for this. It will all need to be done in the pstats.dat file. Really, until we get a chance to get far into all the possibilities, it's not a wise move for us to allow that kind of open editing in the game.

Archived