Where's The Love for WMMA2?

I think the biggest reason the TEW forums are more active is because it is a newer game. WMMA2 debuted over a year ago whereas TEW2010 debuted only a few months ago. Interest gradually fades among all but the hardcore as the months pass. Even for games like Madden and NCAA, their posting drops dramatically after the football season is over. You'd see it get quite busy in here again with a third version on the way...

<p>When WMMA2 was announced I was most active in creating new renders for it, either as part of the official database or for my eventual Fresh Start mod. Once WMMA2 was released the first thing I did was create a new skin theme to suit my interest. After a play of the official data, I then proceeded to work for the new few months on Fresh Start. Once I released and finalized Fresh Start, my involvement with this forum dwindled pretty much to just the occasional viewing of topics here and replying to any private msgs.</p><p> </p><p>

So for me, I've done all I've wanted to do with WMMA2 in so far as posting on the forums. But I still play WMMA2 all the time, though I have been playing a few years into a custom mod I put together of like 2,000 fighters without any renders. I've discovered that renders take away from the gameplay for me, since ugly renders I want to see lose, good ones to win, and when new fighters are generated I hate seeing the same render used for a new guy. So no renders removes those issues and I'm happy without it, plus the game loads faster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="weidt" data-cite="weidt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So for me, I've done all I've wanted to do with WMMA2 in so far as posting on the forums. But I still play WMMA2 all the time, though I have been playing a few years into a custom mod I put together of like 2,000 fighters without any renders. I've discovered that renders take away from the gameplay for me, since ugly renders I want to see lose, good ones to win, and when new fighters are generated I hate seeing the same render used for a new guy. So no renders removes those issues and I'm happy without it, plus the game loads faster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree with you, I dislike it when new fighters are generated from old renders. I understand why it is in place but I just do not like it. </p><p> </p><p> I have thought about doing an WMMA2 fictional mod a couple of times and each time they fell apart. I can't render no matter how many times I have tried it, and if I were to do a mod it would be renderless. </p><p> </p><p> However, I am not sure how many people would be willing to play a renderless mod. And writing bios for WMMA is damn near impossible for me, it is not like the wrestling games where you can put a little character into the bios.</p>

So for me, I've done all I've wanted to do with WMMA2 in so far as posting on the forums. But I still play WMMA2 all the time, though I have been playing a few years into a custom mod I put together of like 2,000 fighters without any renders. I've discovered that renders take away from the gameplay for me, since ugly renders I want to see lose, good ones to win, and when new fighters are generated I hate seeing the same render used for a new guy. So no renders removes those issues and I'm happy without it, plus the game loads faster.

I'm going to try this out. I actually didn't know you could just rename the two picture folders for the fighters to make it renderless. So now I'm using your mod with a starting date of 2040 to make all the old fighters retire and start fresh. Should be fun and will kind of feel like the first time I played WMMA where it was so exciting exploring through all of the fighters. Gonna take a while simming a decade or so though. Ouch.

Love this game,I do play it almost every day but the thing is I am almost always starting a new game.I find it hard for a game too last more then a couple of years.I think that this is just down to there not being enough top guys.I can always book my cards from top to bottom except for my Main Event.I find after a short time there just isn't a guy I want challenging for the title yet.I have combined the original data with weidts and I am probably going to try and go threw and add records to some of the 0-0 guys.I love building up fighters but I just feel you have to build up to many,and end up giving guys who are 5-0 title shots.

Archived