Adding teams into an existing game?

All this conference expansion has really put me in the mood to mod my current game (looking at season #8 playing out every single game) to bring some FCS schools (App State, Delaware, Montana, Northern Iowa, etc.) up to run with the big boys... I thought I had this figured out but I keep running into errors. First I edited the stats.dat file before flipping over from off-season to camp stage (that's how i control conference-switching and it works fine), but that didn't work, so i figured i would try creating a new league from the main menu and using the "import roster from existing save" function, resulting in an error once again.

help?

• 2 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dark cloud" data-cite="dark cloud" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have to edit pstats.dat and psetup.dat files in MS Access. The process itself is a bit tedious, but I've done it in the past and I'm working on it again right now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> You can't add teams to an existing league.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cooleyvol" data-cite="Cooleyvol" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't add teams to an existing league.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't realize that's what he was asking. I know that. I was meaning to a new one.</p>

• 3 years later...

<p>hate to dredge up an old post but this is the one that came up in my search.</p><p> </p><p>

Wondered if anyone had done any tinkering with this in the last couple of years? It seems you can add teams from what I'm hearing but not sure of the ramifications (adding to an existing league BTW). Not sure if there are increased chances of scheduling bugs, RTEs from changing the PSTATS, other stuff along those lines.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone done any tinkering and have any feedback?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
I think right now, that you'd have to go into the database of each saved game to change the teams. But, it still all may be ran from the main database anyways, so it may not be possible in already created games.

Jace from EWF? Holy crap. It's Flare. How have you been? :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ragin Cajun" data-cite="Ragin Cajun" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hate to dredge up an old post but this is the one that came up in my search.<p> </p><p> Wondered if anyone had done any tinkering with this in the last couple of years? It seems you can add teams from what I'm hearing but not sure of the ramifications (adding to an existing league BTW). Not sure if there are increased chances of scheduling bugs, RTEs from changing the PSTATS, other stuff along those lines.</p><p> </p><p> Anyone done any tinkering and have any feedback?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I didn't add teams, just re-aligned to the current format. I may still have that file on my laptop.</p>

Archived