TNA January 2010: Let's Try This Again

OOC: This is my second diary attempt. My first, a WCW 1995 diary, ran a whole four shows until it's demise. I really enjoyed doing it, but due to family circumstances at the time, it was cut far too prematurely. After having done that diary, I learned a few lessons. First, I simply don't have the time to do a full-fledged, word-for-word promos, type diary. I wish I did - but I don't. Instead, this diary will be summary based and shall move quickly. Second, I will try to update as frequently as possible, but if there is no update for a few days to even a week or two at a time, do not fret. This diary will continue at a pace that is convenient to me and only me. I have a family, full-time job, and I am attending continued education for a Master's degree. All of that being said, please enjoy, predict, and comment as freely as you'd like!

This diary takes place in January 2010. There is no fancy back story to this diary, instead, this is a re-take of the attempted Monday Night Wars Part II. This is my take of what would have made for a more successful run on the part of TNA. You may refer to this first post for an updated list of champions, links to all shows, and the updated card for the upcoming pay-per-view.

http://www.actionfigureattack.com/Brand%20Logos/TNA%20Logo.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA CHAMPIONS

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/edas000/Titles/TNA_World.jpg

AJ Styles

TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/edas000/Titles/TNA_X-Division.jpg

Eric Young

The Amazing Red

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/edas000/Titles/TNA_World_Tag_Team.jpg

Matt Morgan and Hernandez

Brutus Magnus and Doug Williams

TNA SHOW LINKS

Week 1, January 2010: TNA Impact! (B)

Week 2, January 2010: TNA Impact! (C+)

Week 3, January 2010: TNA Impact! (B-)

Week 4, January 2010: TNA Impact! (C+)

Week 4, January 2010: TNA GENESIS 2010 (B-)

NEXT PPV:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x309/BigSoonersfan/againstallodds.png

TNA AGAINST ALL ODDS

Sunday, Week 3, February 2010

<p>TNA Impact! Week 1, January 2010 Preview</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/FernanElFather19/dynimage5809.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>TNA Impact! Preview</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 1, January 2010</p><p> </p><p>

TNA Impact! has officially moved to Monday Nights! This week's TNA Impact! will feature the debut of Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, and they will both have important announcements regarding the state of the company.</p><p> </p><p>

The following matches have been confirmed for TNA Impact...</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

The Amazing Red vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

Kaz vs. Desmond Wolfe</p><p>

Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money, Inc.</p><p>

Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Predictions welcome! The main event will be announced during the show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28318" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hope you have fun. I look forward to seeing your vision of TNA unfold.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, bud. I think (hope) this will be a lot of fun!</p>

<p><strong>The Amazing Red</strong> vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

Kaz vs. <strong>Desmond Wolfe</strong></p><p>

Motor City Machine Guns vs. <strong>Beer Money, Inc.</strong></p><p>

<strong>Samoa Joe</strong> vs. Christopher Daniels</p><p> </p><p>

Good luck and will be interesting to see. Still my other diary fancy atm a Jan 2010 diary so be interesting to see where it goes.</p>

<p><strong>The Amazing Red</strong> vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

Kaz vs. <strong>Desmond Wolfe</strong></p><p>

<strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> vs. Beer Money, Inc.</p><p>

<strong>Samoa Joe </strong>vs. Christopher Daniels</p>

<p>TNA Impact! Monday, Week 1, January 2010</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/FernanElFather19/dynimage5809.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>TNA Impact! Live on SpikeTV</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

<strong>Dark Match: Jay Lethal defeated Homicide in 7:11. (B-)</strong></p><p><strong>

Dark Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan defeated Raven & Dr. Stevie in 9:20. (C-)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><em>Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan announce the TNA Global Championship is now retired. Bischoff then says that he doesn't believe AJ Styles is a worthy champion and has scheduled him in a match tonight against someone who is worthy. Hogan, surprisingly, disagrees with Bischoff, leading to a mini-argument in the ring and on their walk back to the locker room. (B-)</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>Brian Kendrick defeats The Amazing Red by using underhanded tactics in 11:21. (C+)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><em>Mr. Anderson is backstage. He says that he doesn't care who's in charge, because everyone knows that he's wrestling's biggest a**hole. He makes an open challenge for next week on Impact! (B+)</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Hulk Hogan is backstage with AJ Styles. He tells AJ, "Stick with me and you'll be alright". He says that he believes in AJ regardless of what Bischoff thinks. (B-)</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>Desmond Wolfe defeats Kaz via pinfall in 12:41. ©</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><em>Backstage, Eric Bischoff announces AJ Styles opponent for tonight.... Kurt Angle! (B-)</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>Motor City Machine Guns defeat Beer Money Inc. despite James Storm's attempted cheating in 9:52. (B)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><em>Jeff Hardy is backstage ready to cut a promo when suddenly the lights go out. When they come back on, he is shown on the ground covered in blood. Paramedics quickly arrive to the scene and place him on a stretcher. ©</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Christopher Daniels comes to the ring before his match to let everyone know that he will prove why he's always been the best and will continue to be the best wrestler TNA has ever had. (B)</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>Christopher Daniels defeats Samoa Joe via pinfall in 10:26. (B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>D'Angelo Dinero cuts a promo backstage, letting everyone know that The Pope has got eyes for the gold in TNA. He accepts Mr. Anderson's challenge for next week, and says that Anderson will be a stepping stone to success for The Pope. (B-)</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>AJ Styles defeats Kurt Angle to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship in 17:35. (B)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><em>After the match, Kurt Angle ruthlessly beats down AJ Styles. Bischoff comes out to watch with a smile on his face. Hulk Hogan then runs down to the ring and orders Angle to leave. He helps AJ to his feet as they both look down the ramp to see Bischoff and Angle smiling back at them. (B)</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>SHOW RATING: B</strong></p><p><strong>

SpikeTV RATING: 2.64</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nobby_McDonald" data-cite="Nobby_McDonald" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28318" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looks like I have to gain 2.2 rating points to meet modern day TNA in my game. Yowsers!<p> </p><p> Good first show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Haha, well it helps to have the likes of Hulk Hogan around. Thanks for the compliment! I know my write-ups aren't as long as I'd like them to be, but so goes life right now. I'll try to summarize matches in the future, although I fear that they will begin to sound redundant...</p>

<p>TNA Impact! Week 2, January 2010 Preview</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TNA Impact! Preview</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>The following matches are scheduled for this coming TNA Impact!</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Jay Lethal vs. Brian Kendrick</strong></p><p>

<em>After having defeated the X-Division champion last week in a non-title match (albeit by using underhanded tactics), Eric Bischoff has schedule Brian Kendrick to fight another X-Division fighter in Jay Lethal. If he wins this match, he will fight The Amazing Red for the X-Division title at Genesis.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em> <strong>Abyss vs. Christopher Daniels</strong></p><p>

<em>Christopher Daniels defeated Samoa Joe last week in singles action in a hotly contested battle. This week he faces even bigger and stronger competition. Meanwhile, the word around TNA is that Samoa Joe has been visibly upset about losing the match last week and is looking to retaliate on someone.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>TNA World Tag Team Championship Match</strong></p><p><strong>

Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. The British Invasion©</strong></p><p>

<em>The unlikely duo of Hernandez and Matt Morgan has sparked a lot of interest in TNA, and they will get a chance to prove themselves on Impact! when they fight for the tag team titles.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero vs. 'Wrestling's Biggest A**hole' Mr. Anderson</strong></p><p>

<em>Last week Mr. Anderson said despite new stakeholders in TNA, he would stop at nothing to get to the top. He issued an open challenge, only to be accepted by a man with the same vision - D'Angelo Dinero.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em> <strong>AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice vs. Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice</strong></p><p>

<em>Bischoff is apparently not sold on AJ Styles as TNA World Champion, and so last week pitted him against who he believed to be a worthy champion - Kurt Angle. Only, to the dismay of Bischoff, AJ Styles won the match, thus earning himself a beatdown to the hands of Angle. Meanwhile, Hulk Hogan seemingly went behind Bischoff's back to tell AJ that he believes in him and later actually saved Styles from Angle's beatdown. This week, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle each get the partner of their choice for a tag team main event. Can AJ Styles once again overcome the odds set out by Eric Bischoff? And how will this drama weigh on the relationship of Bischoff and Hogan?</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><strong>QUICK PICKS (face vs. heel):</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>Jay Lethal vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

Abyss vs. Christopher Daniels</p><p>

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. The British Invasion ©</p><p>

'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero vs. 'Wrestling's Biggest A**hole' Mr. Anderson</p><p>

AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice vs. Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice</p>

<p>I don't mind the match write ups as is. With little side notes here and there like James Storm trying to cheat.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Lethal </strong>vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

Abyss vs. <strong>Christopher Daniels</strong></p><p>

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: <strong>Hernandez & Matt Morgan</strong> vs. The British Invasion ©</p><p>

'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero vs. <strong>'Wrestling's Biggest A**hole' Mr. Anderson</strong></p><p>

AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice vs. <strong>Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice</strong></p><p> </p><p>

AJ will partner up with Sting. Kurt will team up with Jarrett. Those are my guesses.</p>

<p><strong>Jay Lethal</strong> vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

<strong>Abyss</strong> vs. Christopher Daniels</p><p>

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. <strong>The British Invasion ©</strong></p><p>

'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero vs. <strong>'Wrestling's Biggest A**hole' Mr. Anderson</strong></p><p>

AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice vs. <strong>Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice</strong></p>

<p><strong>Jay Lethal</strong> vs. Brian Kendrick</p><p>

Abyss vs. <strong>Christopher Daniels</strong></p><p>

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. <strong>The British Invasion</strong> ©</p><p>

AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice vs.<strong> Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice</strong></p>

<p>Jay Lethal vs. <strong>Brian Kendrick</strong></p><p>

<strong>Abyss</strong> vs. Christopher Daniels</p><p>

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. <strong>The British Invasion ©</strong></p><p>

<strong>'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero </strong>vs. 'Wrestling's Biggest A**hole' Mr. Anderson</p><p>

<strong>AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice</strong> vs. Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice</p>

Jay Lethal vs. Brian Kendrick

Abyss vs. Christopher Daniels

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. The British Invasion ©

'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero vs. 'Wrestling's Biggest A**hole' Mr. Anderson

AJ Styles & The Partner of His Choice vs. Kurt Angle & The Partner of His Choice

TNA Impact! Monday, Week 2, January 2010

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/FernanElFather19/dynimage5809.jpg

TNA Impact! Live on SpikeTV

Dark Match: In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Desmond Wolfe defeated Shark Boy in 7:44 by pinfall with a Divorce Court. (B-)

Dark Match: In a match that had some good action and average heat, Motor City Machineguns defeated The Nasty Boys in 8:04 when Alex Shelley defeated Brian Knobbs by pinfall with a Made in Detroit. (C+)

Hulk Hogan comes to the ring. He calls out Styles, and tells him to keep his head up, as he believes that Styles is one of the best wrestlers in the world. Kurt Angle then interrupts with Bischoff by his side to dispute Hogan's claim. Angle tells Styles that he better choose his partner carefully tonight, because his is a TNA native. (B)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Brian Kendrick drew with Jay Lethal in 11:25 following interference from Eric Young. (B)

After the match, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, and Eric Young beatdown Lethal and Kendrick. ©

Jeff Hardy is backstage with Jeremy Borash. He tells the coward that attacked him last week to come next week on Impact! Suddenly, again, the lights cut out and when they come back on, Hardy is left on the ground. ©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Abyss defeated Christopher Daniels in 8:58 by pinfall with a Black Hole Slam. During the match we also had Samoa Joe run in and attack Daniels. (B-)

'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero is backstage. He cuts a promo regarding his upcoming match with Mr. Anderson. Anderson then walks on screen and the two mouth off to one another. (B)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The British Invasion defeated Hernandez & Matt Morgan in 11:06 when Brutus Magnus defeated Hernandez by pinfall after Rob Terry interfered. The British Invasion make defence number 1 of their TNA World Tag Team titles. ©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, D'Angelo Dinero defeated Mr. Anderson in 13:30 by pinfall with an Elijah Express. ©

Mr. Anderson is visibly upset, claiming that the ref's count was too quick. (B-)

Suddenly, and without warning, Ric Flair's music fills the Impact! zone! He makes his TNA debut to announce that he is recruiting talent, check that, the best talent in TNA. He said in the coming weeks he will be backstage watching on monitors, or sitting at ringside, and that anyone who wants to take their TNA careers to the next level better show it in their matches. (B+)

Unsurprisingly, following the hint from earlier, Kurt Angle announces his partner to be Jeff Jarrett. Hogan, while in the ring with Styles, tells AJ's partner to come to the ring. There is a pause, the camera searches and finally spots him up in the rafters. Sting is AJ's partner, and he walks down from the rafters and through the entrance. (B)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett defeated AJ Styles and Sting in 16:30 when Kurt Angle defeated AJ Styles by submission with an Ankle Lock. (B-)

After the match, Jarrett and Angle beatdown Sting and Styles until Hulk Hogan comes out for the save. (B-)

SHOW RATING: C+

Attendance: 6,617

SpikeTV RATING: 2.65 (+0.01)

Prediction Results:

Nobby_McDonald: 3/5

BoomKing: 3/5

westybrook: 2/5

juggaloninjalee: 1/5

Either I'm bad at booking, or I'm very surprising. I'll take the latter!

The next Impact! preview will be up soon. Hope you enjoyed the results of this one.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/FernanElFather19/dynimage5809.jpg

TNA Impact! Preview

The following matches are scheduled for this coming TNA Impact!

Jay Lethal vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Eric Young

After Eric Young and The Band's interference in the Lethal/Kendrick match last week, both Lethal and Kendrick are looking for a measure of revenge. Will Eric and The Band explain their actions?

Sean Morley vs. Samoa Joe

Samoa Joe lost to Christopher Daniels two weeks ago, and let his frustration show last week by interfering in Daniels' match against Abyss. Now he gets a chance to officially physically retaliate in his own singles match.

Shannon Moore vs. Desmond Wolfe

This match was sanctioned by Ric Flair as part of his talent search for his re-formed Four Horsemen.

Three-Way Tag Team Match

Motor City Machine Guns vs. Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. Beer Money, Inc.

The Machine Guns defeated Beer Money two weeks ago on Impact! and are looking for repeated success. Meanwhile, Hernandez & Matt Morgan lost via cheating to the TNA World Tag Team Champions, The British Invasion, last week and they are more than determined to set an example out of MCM and Beer Money this week.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship

AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett

In the main event, Bischoff has pitted AJ Styles against yet another opponent. In the revival of the famous TNA headliner, Styles will face his long-time nemesis, Jeff Jarrett. Even with the support of Sting and Hulk Hogan, can AJ Styles once again successfully defend his title?

We can expect appearances from "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Sting, and Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Also, TNA Genesis matches will be announced during the broadcast. Finally, we have also received word that TNA majority stockholder, Mick Foley, will have an announcement regarding his future with the company.

QUICK PICKS (face vs. heel)

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett

I just can't go against Beer Money. Love those guys! Huge push, man! Huge push!

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett

So, when did you move Genesis to? I don't remember you saying about it.

Archived