The Video Game Thread

Genadi

A remake of a remake? It's happened before with Resident Evil (and actually also with Final Fantasy).

Anyhow: I guess I'll finally be able to play the game in 3 years, being the former Ninty64-fanboy I was.

We've seen a glimpse of Mass Effect now, which I'm always looking forward to. Tomb Raider looked impressive as well. Too bad EA (seemingly) said nothing about any sports games. All the rest seems meh.

I also got Game of Thrones Telltale this week and finished it (4 eps) soon. Sure, it's about 8 hours but given I paid 10€ that seems like a fair trade (a movie ticket costs just as much for less). I advice everyone that likes the series to get it if it's 10 or less. It's a fun ride, even if you can't really change the direction.

That holo-minecraft was pretty cool. Being able to try and zap people 'visiting' your world. I can have a lot of fun with that. :D

That made me cry. I swear I shed tears of pure joy watching that bit. I want to get my hands on something like that so bad.

In fact Unreg and I were talking about how that could work if you play Tabletop RPGs it would take it to a whole new level.

7 was my least favorite game EVER. I'd love to see a remake of 12 or put 12 on the PS4, or better yet...I don't know how many of you all have played Champions of Norrath. It has been my favorite game from Playstation in forever.

Not just that, Shenmue 3!

"Ahem"

31,798 backers

$2,524,159 pledged of $2,000,000 goal

31 days to go

I love how Sony announced a remake of a remake, plus a kickstarter campaign, and still kicked Microsoft's ass.

Basically all the big XB exclusives are sequels to previous XB exclusives, except Tomb Raider which is timed (autocorrect changed that to 'ruined', it's good at this!) anyway.

Another big XB reveal was Dark Souls 3, which continually sells massively better on PS because Japan.

So in short it seems MS's biggest reveal at E3 was that they're letting you play (some) old games on the new console because they haven't got much in the way of new games. Figures. Oh, and mods, I guess. Welcome to 1996

If E3 has taught me anything it's that I'm the only person in the world who hasn't played Shenmue 1 & 2... I'm not even completely sure what the games are about. *researches*

It's an action-adventure that follows a guy on his quest for revenge. It's one of the more realistic Japanese games of the genre (no over-the-top stuff). Gameplay segments getting a job to make cash and included moving boxes. Awesome. I only played the first game till the end as it was a fresh experience (the way combat is handled). I have a copy of the second somewhere at home (I think), but I probably will never play it.

So in short it seems MS's biggest reveal at E3 was that they're letting you play (some) old games on the new console because they haven't got much in the way of new games. Figures. Oh, and mods, I guess. Welcome to 1996

Sony could get them back by doing the same thing, but they won't. Microsoft had a bigger splash I think than Sony, but Sony has better games.

I will say I cried over the Hologram and I'm not a Mincraft player. :)

If E3 has taught me anything it's that I'm the only person in the world who hasn't played Shenmue 1 & 2... I'm not even completely sure what the games are about. *researches*

I've never even heard of it till that announcement....so you're not alone.

I've only played the first game, it was a Dreamcast exclusive I think, but it's ranked up there as one of my all time favourite games.

If you get a chance to test it out then do, it's still quite a unique game, in my opinion.

I've only played the first game, it was a Dreamcast exclusive I think, but it's ranked up there as one of my all time favourite games.

If you get a chance to test it out then do, it's still quite a unique game, in my opinion.

Yep, Shenmue I was Dreamcast only. Shenmue II was developed and released for the DC in Japan and Europe, but Microsoft paid for American exclusivity for the Xbox.