So i've been working on a mod for WMMA 2 for a while now (when i get time) & although i'm not even nearly finished it, i was wondering with the annoucement of WMMA 3, is there any drawbacks to converting a database from a previous game to a new one (WMMA 1 + WMMA 2, TEW 2008 + 2010) ?

Does it convert perfectly or is there problems around it due to there obviously being new features in the newer game?

From WMMA1 to WMMA2 I didn't experience any problems. There were new regions, so obviously none of the imported fighters had popularity in say Russia. Still playable as-is, but I had to go through and change all the Russian fighters to be based out of Russia and have popularity there. So some tweaking is likely.

There's always going to be minor things... Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Potential was something that was added in from 1 to 2, so that was one mass-editing that people had to do.

I'm sure there will be something else like that, or a couple of new stat figures that will have to be adjusted. But from my experience with Adam's games, he really does try and make the newer games as accessible to the older addons as he possibly can.

Archived