'The Minor Annoyance' Rebel Yell presents Real American Wrestling

Amber Allen vs Remmy Honeyman

Remmy has always done great for me in any game that I have had him in.

Ant Man vs Connie Morris

Regular Joe vs El Medico

Amber Allen and Ant Man vs Syd Collier and The Minor Annoyance

Tamara McFly vs Donte Dunn

Nigel Svensson vs Paradigm

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honeyman's good enough to give Amber a competitive match, but he's not going over your most valuable worker with no build up.

Ant Man vs Connie Morris

Tough match to predict. I'm starting to get the sense that Morris is going to play a gatekeeper role for you, and Ant Man is clearly being positioned as one of your top guys. But for some reason I still feel like Connie's going to make it 2-0 against him and keep herself looking strong.

Regular Joe vs El Medico

I'm a pretty big Regular Joe fan, and Medico's got about 1.95 feet out the door.

My heart's with The Annoyance, but my brain's with Allen and the Ant.

Donte Dunn has big potential, but he's not main event ready, even in a small fed, and McFly seems to be getting a strong push. A McFly vs. Allen confrontation down the road would be a big deal.

Svensson's awesome. Paradigm's less than awesome.

As always, many thanks for your predictions, especially the insight given by Lt L and 1PWFan.

:)

RY-RAW Presents…

Keeping It Real, Sunday Week 2, September 2010

Svensson pulls off an absolute miracle here, carrying Paradigm to a better match than anyone thought possible. As a result, an 11 minute squash is surprisingly entertaining.

Nigel Svensson defeated Paradigm in 10:35 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock. (40)

A good debut here for Dunn, although it’s clear that he’s not used to wrestling in front of a crowd. Well, you could make an argument that after a match in RY-RAW, he’s STILL not used to wrestling in front of a crowd, but… we consistently have two dozen people at our shows! Admittedly, that IS counting wrestlers and staff, but we’re proud.

Tamara McFly defeated Donte Dunn in 7:43 by pinfall with a McFly Roll. (44)

I let the other two beat me up before tagging in Syd to show off a few moves, then go back in to take the NLS. I don’t mind, honestly.

Amber and Ant Man defeated Syd Collier and 'The Minor Annoyance' in 7:08 when Amber Allen defeated 'The Minor Annoyance' by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (34)

Regular Joe vs El Medico

This is just a showcase for Joe as El Medico is pushed further and further out of the fed.

Regular Joe defeated El Médico in 6:18 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. (30)

Ant Man vs Connie Morris

Fun match here, as Ant Man gets back his win from a few months ago. Hey, gotta reward the guys working cheaply!

Ant-Man defeated Connie Morris in 9:09 by pinfall with an Antidote. (42)

And the much anticipated debut of Remmy Honeyman, as Amber gets her rightful place back in the main event. Everyone’s looking forward to this one… and it doesn’t disappoint. Remmy is possibly actually worth the $450 he’s getting, because if he’s this good in his first match, imagine what he’ll be like with some experience behind him!

Amber Allen defeated Remmy Honeyman in 11:59 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (55)

Overall rating: 51

Attendance: 9

Popularity in Mid-South 3.7 -> 4.5

(I screwed up and put all the winners first in prediction key - oops! Back to alphabetical order when October's go up shortly.)

Congratulations to eayragt and Jingo for clean sweeps! Your prize, if you choose to accept it, shamlessly stolen from another awesome diary - 1PWFan's NYCW: Old School 'Til We Die http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=133743 - is the opportunity to ask any member of our roster a question. Just keep it PG-13, please, there may be kids watching – and we’ve already had enough complaints about Amber Allen’s ring attire!

Oh, theEffect, we’ll backdate that prize to give you the same opportunity if you want.

Prediction Standings:

BHK1978 25/40 (63%)

Eayragt 22/30 (73%)

Jingo 18/30 (60%)

TheEffect 17/24 (71%)

Boltinho 12/17 (71%)

MattQ2607 10/12 (83%)

Lt. Lucrativo 10/12 (83%)

1PWFan 9/12 (75%)

Stennick 5/6 (83%)

Timber 4/6 (67%)

CJAlex 2/6 (33%)

El Medico’s contract runs out at the end of September, and we’re unable to agree on a suitable wage for him to renew. Not a big loss, to be honest.

Coming up in October… two of our most exciting wrestlers collide, as Amazing Fire Fly takes on Donte Dunn. Two of our best wrestlers collide, as Remmy Honeyman tries to build on his excellent debut showing by beating Tamara McFly.

But the main event…

The HUGE match of the night…

Is Amber Allen vs Nigel Svensson in a SUBMISSIONS MATCH! Can Amber pick up the victory WITHOUT being able to use the Northern Lights Suplex to get a pinfall? This is surely the most anticipated match in RY-RAW’s short history!

RY-RAW Presents

Keeping It Real, Sunday Week 2 October 2010

Submissions match: Amber Allen vs Nigel Svensson

Remmy Honeyman vs Tamara McFly

Amber and Ant Man vs Paratroopers

Ant Man vs Nomad

Ashley Grover vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes

Amazing Fire Fly vs Donte Dunn

Ant Man vs Nomad

What? I quite like Donte Dunn. Let me see if I can think of a question...

got back from a few days away and this has exploded!

Ant Man vs Nomad

Okay 63% is bull, I usually pick much better than this! Time to copy off Boltinho because in every diary that we pick in together he is usually right on the money with his picks!

Whenever I see Nigel I think of Claudio Castagnoli for some odd reason.

Remmy needs to be pushed! I am telling you this guy gains popularity fast in any game that I have pushed him.

Ant Man vs Nomad

You would think that he would sober up by the time the matches begin. Unless your matches take place at 5:00.

One pick different from Boltinho's. I just like Donte much more.

It's tough to see Amber losing to anyone at this point, even if the stipulation here doesn't play in her favor. Svensson's on the short list of people I would consider putting over her if I were in the Annoyance's place, but I don't think I would do it at this point. Should be a good one, in any event.

Honeyman's an excellent enhancement talent. In a small fed like RY-RAW, though, he's a guy who could conceivably be pushed pretty heavily. But I wouldn't sacrifice McFly's hot start in the promotion to him--I've got to think she'll keep her perfect record intact for the time being. I'm still stumping for a McFly/Allen confrontation.

Hmm, where have we seen this before? Someday, the Paratroopers will get a tag win, but I highly doubt they'll do it here.

Ant Man vs Nomad

Strong push for Ant Man. Strong de-push for Nomad. Add them together and the result here looks academic.

I could see this match going the other way, but I get the sense that Annoyance doesn't particularly like putting new arrivals over in their first matches in the promotion.

I like Dunn quite a bit, but I think Fire Fly is well ahead of him in terms of being ready to move up the card at this point.

Edit: Man, after further reflection, I'm really starting to think that Svensson might end up with the win in the main event. I keep thinking that Amber ought to be treated like the RY-RAW champion, but the fact that she's not actually the champ at this point makes me think that it's much more likely that she could actually take a loss every once in a while--particularly in a match whose stipulation might put her at a disadvantage. I guess I'm not going to change my pick since I really want to see a match between AA and McFly with both coming in with momentum, but I've talked myself into being really torn .

WOAH! Almost missed this, thank god I didn't xD

Submissions match: Amber Allen vs Nigel Svensson Amber's on a war path!

Ant Man vs Nomad

Amazing Fire Fly vs Donte Dunn FIREFLY FTW!

Umm...

Hey. I just got a message from my boss, Rebel Yell, saying that I had a fan! And he'd won the opportunity to ask someone a question as the prize for some predictions contest and he actually chose ME!

His question was "Do you think you are sufficiently rewarded for all your hard work and double shifts at Real American Wrestling?"

Eayragt.

Well, Mr Eayragt - cool name! - it's nice of you to be concerned, but I definitely think I'm rewarded pretty well. I love wrestling, so being in there twice a night is great for me, I get to team with Amber, who's a great wrestler, a fantastic person, and let's face it, pretty gorgeous! And I get paid for doing it! It's an awesome job made even more awesome by fantastic fans like yourself.

Thanks for writing to me!

Johnny 'Ant Man' Heizenger.

OOC: Show up in an hour or two, last chance for predictions.

Also, TheEffect and Jingo, you still have the right to ask a superstar - or Rebel - a question if you want after getting clean sweeps.

Hey, Ant Man tells me I got a fan too!

Hey Firefly, I have followed your career ever since you begun wrestling with the indy's but my question is, why did you begin wrestling?

TheEffect

Hey, man. Thanks for e-mailing, I get a real buzz out of hearing from my fans. As for why I began wrestling? It's in my blood, hombre! My dad, he was the biggest wrestling fan in our entire town, and he used to take me whenever he could. When I was about 8 or 9, I saw this young guy called Axxis Jr wrestle. He was amazing! Mexico, it's got a lot of very talented luchas, but Axxis moved with the grace of a swan. I loved watching him, my dad helped me make signs every time he came to town, and I got a reputation as his number one fan. Eventually, I got to know a few people working for SOTBPW because I was always one of the first at the show, they asked me one time if I wanted to help them set up the ring and I did - then after doing that for a few months I met my hero himself at long last. This was when I was about 15 or 16, and I already knew that my dream was to turn pro - so imagine how psyched I was when he offered to train me! Since then, I've never looked back!

Thanks again for the question

Amazing Fire Fly

RY-RAW Presents

Keeping It Real, Sunday Week 2 October 2010

Both these guys are given slightly longer than they’re comfortable with, but we just about get away with it. Fire Fly shows off his big moves here as we continue his push towards the top of the card.

Amazing Fire Fly defeated Donte Dunn in 9:42 by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly. (33)

Wasn’t expecting too much out of the debuting Frankie, but he does fairly well here. Ashley is a weird one as she’s one of our more skilled competitors but I can’t get past that major psychology problem.

Ashley Grover defeated Frankie-Boy Fernandes in 6:05 by pinfall with a Chicago Hope. (38)

Ant Man vs Nomad

It hit me a few weeks ago that with Amber and Ant Man teaming regularly, it would make sense for them to manage each other. This is the debut of that idea, and Amber does great work at ringside, riling up the crowd. Nomad, sadly, is still not quite operating at full capacity due to his ever present stash, but this is at least better than their match a few months ago.

Ant-Man defeated Nomad in 7:41 by pinfall with an Antidote. (32)

This is our “go to” match for several reasons. It’s cheap – two workers at $100 each and two who are already being paid for the night. The Paratroopers bump well. And Amber and Ant Man look good dominating. No surprises here.

Amber and Ant Man defeated Paratroopers in 6:48 when Amber Allen defeated Paranoia by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (38)

Ooh, that Remmy. After his fantastic debut last month, he actually improves on it this time around, putting Tamara over in a brilliant open contest.

Tamara McFly defeated Remmy Honeyman in 10:26 by pinfall with a McFly Roll. (54)

That sound you heard? That was EVERYONE’S jaw dropping simultaneously. We knew this would be good – but this good? A great story told in the match, as Amber is able to look really strong, but with her signature Northern Lights Suplex useless in this kind of match she’s unable to finish the Swede off, and he bides his time before getting that deadly arm lock on and forcing her to tap out.

Nigel Svensson defeated Amber Allen in 11:17 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock. (63)

Overall rating: 59!

Attendance: 10

Popularity in Mid-South 4.5 -> 5.3

Forgot to say this in my last post - once again, many thanks for the predictions! Knowing you guys are reading is making this a lot more fun.

Boltinho, you did outstandingly well and got 100%! That means you now have the opportunity to ask either Rebel, or another RY-RAW superstar, a question if you want to. (Jingo, you still have that chance as well if you want.) Just PM me with it or post here.

Onto November as we only have 2 shows left in 2010...

Prediction Standings:

BHK1978 30/46 (65%)

Eayragt 26/36 (72%)

Jingo 22/36 (61%)

TheEffect 21/30 (70%)

Boltinho 18/23 (78%)

Lt. Lucrativo 15/18 (83%)

MattQ2607 13/18 (72%)

Stennick 10/12 (83%)

1PWFan 9/12 (75%)

Timber 4/6 (67%)

CJAlex 2/6 (33%)

Nigel Svensson is coming off a huge submission victory over Amber Allen, while Remmy Honeyman has taken part in 2 of the fed’s best matches so far, but is looking at an 0-2 record. Can he improve, or will the Swede’s great run continue? Also, Nomad takes on Regular Joe, and Ant Man goes up against Syd Collier.

Okay, yes, it’s a one match show – but it’ll be a GOOD one match!

RY-RAW Presents

Keeping It Real, Sunday Week 2 November 2010

Nigel Svensson vs Remmy Honeyman

Nomad vs Regular Joe

Buzz Reid vs Connie Morris

Ant Man vs Mad Dog Mortimer

Amber Allen and Tamara McFly vs Paratroopers

Ant Man vs Syd Collier

Amber Allen vs The Minor Annoyance

Push Remmy Honeyman, I am starting to think this is revenge for all the times I called you Scum in the Mafia games.:D

Nomad vs Regular Joe

You got two tough guys fighting here...oh wait Connie is still a chick...

Ant Man vs Syd Collier

Poor Remmy

Nomad vs Regular Joe

Nomad must remember the early days fondly...

BUTCHness

Wouldnt be surprised with an upset here

Nice pairing

Ant Man vs Syd Collier

WALLOP

Poor MA

Keep the predictions coming, guys - thanks as always!

Also, will be trying a couple of things out to see how they work… feedback very welcome!

RY-RAW Podcast Episode 1

RY-RAW is proud to present the first ever edition of our video podcast, featuring Amber Allen, Nigel Svensson, Remmy Honeyman, Nomad, and Ant Man.

(We cut between various RY-RAW stars, standing with their back to a RY-RAW logo, cutting promos to the camera.)

Amber Allen: Nigel, I have to say, you were better than I ever thought you could be. You got the win. But do you seriously think you could EVER have beaten me in a match that didn’t favour you?

Nomad: Umm… hey… there was this bag, like, hanging around here somewhere. Has anyone seen it?

Remmy Honeyman: I may be oh and two, but I’ve taken two of the best wrestlers in RY-RAW to the limit. Once I get a bit of luck, I’m going to be unstoppable!

Nigel Svensson: At the end of the day, I wrestle in matches I get asked to wrestle in. If Amber had a problem with the stips, she didn’t have to sign up to it. I’ll gladly take her on in a rematch with no stips, or different stips, any time she wants.

Nomad: You found it! That’s awesome!

Mad Dog Mortimer: The Mad Dog is back in the house! It’s gonna be like when I took on Sam Strong, like when I fought Bruce the Giant, like when I wrestled against Rip Chord – except this time, I’m gonna win!

Amber: Oh, believe me, there’ll be a rematch. Things will be VERY different this time around, though, Nigel.

Regular Joe: He’s a disgrace to the profession and a disgrace to RY-RAW. He’s going down hard.

Paratroopers: This time, Amber! This time, we’re gonna do it!

Nomad: …whoa… wow… DUDE!

(Cut.)

Archived