Playing with the big boys - OSU

Usually I pick a minor Ohio college to play, like Bowling Green or Akron. I'm not that good a Bowl Bound coach. I play for fun and for the story the game is telling me, and the big schools can be intimidating.

But this time I've begun a game as the mighty Ohio State! It's fun having a good QB and two good RBs. I don't really enjoy the recruitment process or even the game planning process--it's nice that you can delegate those things. I love calling plays in-game, making substitutions, and studying statistics.

We just lost to Wisconsin, 25-24, in overtime. My mistake in the 4th quarter with less than 1 minute to go was accepting the CPU's advice to pass on 1st down while on my own 39 yard line. I wanted to call a running play to eat up some time, but deferred to to the "suggestion." The ball was intercepted, and Wisconsin promptly tied the game to send it to OT.

Oh well.

I can't wait for Grey Dog's pro football game!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Purplepower_NC
Looking forward to reading more. I haven't purchased the game yet, but will most likely this week. Thinking of taking South Carolina...and see what I can do in the SEC.

Archived