Booking as SWF...I have my A show and I have a B show on Sunday nights.

With the networks scheduling again, I have an opportunity to get another show.

But with the real life limitations on how much I get to play the game(ie laziness), I'm hesitant.

So there you go: should I get a second A show? Does the potential benefit outweigh the extrawork

(i suppose i should mention that by now TCW has its second A show as well)

I trialled a second A Show for a while in my first year with SWF and was glad I only went with one season, and then duly dropped it. A year on and I brought it back when I decided to do a brand split because I had serious crowding at the top. I regret it. I would have much rather gone three hours with one show, than having two separate A shows to book each week.

I would probably have to second Jim's idea that one 3-hour A show is probably preferrable to two 2-hour A shows. Unless you really feel the need to have a lot more booking to do or really have too many main event and upper midcard talents to fit on one show. If you had some major way you wanted to differentiate the shows, whether it was a brand split or not, it might be worthwhile. But doing 2 A shows and a B show makes for slow moving.

Also, another point just because I thought of it... have you considered changing PPVs to the last Sunday of the month?

For whatever reason, be it a sort of traditional "realism" view point or, as I did, to kick TCW in the crotch in buyrates, I'd advise against it. The PPVs being in the mid-point of the month, for me, create the perfect set-up of "Oh, I'll just book until the next PPV." and then "Oh, I'll just book until the end of this month" because two weeks doesn't feel like a lot, booking-wise, so I rattled through shows. When I went head-to-head with TCW on Sunday Week 4, it became more of a drag because it was "Ugh, I have to do 4 shows to get to any kind of milestone" (or 8 with two A shows) and I found rather than being tempted to book a couple more shows, the prospect of four made me switch off when I was on the brink of getting a little bored rather than pushing on.

Also, another point just because I thought of it... have you considered changing PPVs to the last Sunday of the month?

For whatever reason, be it a sort of traditional "realism" view point or, as I did, to kick TCW in the crotch in buyrates, I'd advise against it. The PPVs being in the mid-point of the month, for me, create the perfect set-up of "Oh, I'll just book until the next PPV." and then "Oh, I'll just book until the end of this month" because two weeks doesn't feel like a lot, booking-wise, so I rattled through shows. When I went head-to-head with TCW on Sunday Week 4, it became more of a drag because it was "Ugh, I have to do 4 shows to get to any kind of milestone" (or 8 with two A shows) and I found rather than being tempted to book a couple more shows, the prospect of four made me switch off when I was on the brink of getting a little bored rather than pushing on.

If you want to increase your buyrates, then change your PPVs to the first of the month. The earlier that you hold the event, the more money people have to spend on them.

Archived