BBCF 2010 Mod

DC, I ran into a few issues when I downloaded your latest mod and tried to run it.

1) Why is Nebraska's city labeled as Tuscon, AZ?

2) In the conference table, you still have the Independents as having only 2 teams instead of 3 (with BYU).

3) I noticed that South Alabama did not have a "0" in its division column in the "Teams" table.

I tried fixing #2 & #3, but even after doing so, I ran into error RTE 91 and something about an object block variable not being set properly. Any idea of what this could be?

No idea. It worked so well for a while and then the last few edits I've made has thrown it into a loop.

I just noticed two of the C-USA teams were in divisions despite not having divisions in that conference anymore. So I fixed that.

Mountain West was set to divisions despite not having any anymore, fixed that too.

Lemme take another look.

Agreed. Mine keeps freezing at 65% (Setting Offensive Formations) when trying to create a new league.

I didn't install your new graphics yet, but I don't think that would make a difference.

Do you think the added bowl game is causing some trouble?

Deleted that and it still gives me a RTE 5. I'm going to redownload my original file, edit that and see if that'll get us going.

Ok, my trial didn't install right and so, I can't actually get to the game right now.

Test this one out and see how it works. I edited my original mod, was able to check all of the conference alignments too. I noticed when I added UMass in the file kept trying, I screwed up the field and had a 4 where it should've been a 1 or 2. That might have been the culprit. I'll test when I get home too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?19bitfd5cbne6rs

DC, I love the conference set-up that you have now!

However, after trying to start a league with it, the program has just shut down several times in the process of installing (typically around 64%). The odd thing is that I was not provided with any RTE messages, but rather Windows just indicates to me that the program has stopped working and then BBCF closes.

If you can think of anything to fix, let me know, and I'll happily run it.

DC, I love the conference set-up that you have now!

However, after trying to start a league with it, the program has just shut down several times in the process of installing (typically around 64%). The odd thing is that I was not provided with any RTE messages, but rather Windows just indicates to me that the program has stopped working and then BBCF closes.

If you can think of anything to fix, let me know, and I'll happily run it.

When I go home, I'll test it and see if we can't get to the bottom of it. Thanks for checking it out!

Well, I've made it through ten years with this file with no problem.

bbcf2012.zip

I've got Arlie looking at a version that puts 12 teams in the Big East with a title game at MetLife Stadium, but when I tried that one it doesn't work. This version has a 9-team Big East with Houston, SMU, Boise State and UCF.

MAC, SEC and ACC have 14 teams. Big 12 with 10, B1G with its 12. WAC has Montana State, Montana to fill out to 8 and there's no S. Alabama in this file. No extra bowl game either.

But it works.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like the scheduling does not work properly in the 14 team conferences with two divisions. The teams only play two to five divisional games, and they play three to six non-divisional games. I even went back to the unmodded stock BBCF file and moved Texas A&M to the SEC West and Missouri to the SEC East with no other changes.

As you can see, Texas A&M only plays two teams from the SEC West, and six teams from the SEC East. I'm seeing similar things with the other teams. So for me, it doesn't make much sense to move past the 2011 alignments with a maximum of 12 teams in each conference.

http://imageshack.us/f/819/sec14.jpg/

• 10 months later...
It looks like the scheduling does not work properly in the 14 team conferences with two divisions. The teams only play two to five divisional games, and they play three to six non-divisional games. I even went back to the unmodded stock BBCF file and moved Texas A&M to the SEC West and Missouri to the SEC East with no other changes.

As you can see, Texas A&M only plays two teams from the SEC West, and six teams from the SEC East. I'm seeing similar things with the other teams. So for me, it doesn't make much sense to move past the 2011 alignments with a maximum of 12 teams in each conference.

http://imageshack.us/f/819/sec14.jpg/

I was having the same problem, coincidentally also working with Texas A&M btw, but seem to have gotten past it. After I made all the edits to conference/division values on the Teams table I exported that table out to excel and did a 3-tiered sort as follows:

1st sort criteria = conference

2nd sort criteria = division

3rd sort criteria = alphabetical

After sorting, I changed each team's ID number and then imported back into pstats. That seems to have fixed the problem. I get A&M with the proper 6 games against division opponents and two games cross-division.

• 2 weeks later...
I was having the same problem, coincidentally also working with Texas A&M btw, but seem to have gotten past it. After I made all the edits to conference/division values on the Teams table I exported that table out to excel and did a 3-tiered sort as follows:

1st sort criteria = conference

2nd sort criteria = division

3rd sort criteria = alphabetical

After sorting, I changed each team's ID number and then imported back into pstats. That seems to have fixed the problem. I get A&M with the proper 6 games against division opponents and two games cross-division.

I did the same thing, and it appears to work, with one minor glitch. 12 teams will have the correct schedule, but two of the teams will only get 7 total conference games (5 division games and two non-division games). If you sim ahead without saving, you can identify the missing division game and insert it in the SchedMatch table. I do the same thing for the conferences with 10 teams. The game will only schedule 8 conference games, but I sim ahead without saving to determine the missing matchups and insert them into the SchedMatch table. It's a bit of work, but it makes the game much more realistic for me.

I did the same thing, and it appears to work, with one minor glitch. 12 teams will have the correct schedule, but two of the teams will only get 7 total conference games (5 division games and two non-division games). If you sim ahead without saving, you can identify the missing division game and insert it in the SchedMatch table. I do the same thing for the conferences with 10 teams. The game will only schedule 8 conference games, but I sim ahead without saving to determine the missing matchups and insert them into the SchedMatch table. It's a bit of work, but it makes the game much more realistic for me.

You may have already discovered this, but for anyone else's benefit reading this it looks like the missed game in the 14 team conference will always be between the 2nd and 5th teams (as per team ID #'s in the Teams table) in the higher numbered division. Same for every 14 team conference, same for every season.

Not quite as simple for the 10 team round robin though. The missed games do rotate season to season, but within a single season the missed games will be consistent between all your 10 team conferences.

Archived