Beta testing?

This is the first of Adam's games I've ever been watching through the development cycle and I'm really excited for WMMA3. The developer's journal is also a great way to start my morning each day.

My question is simple, is there any public beta test period for Adam's games, or is everything handled internally through his own/his team's testing? If there are, how does one go about getting involved with getting on the beta testing team?

The one week period between the demo coming out and the product going retail is a public beta phase, although obviously a limited one.

Proper beta testing is done by my team, who are hand-picked by me from various members of the board. There is no application process, it's done by invitation only.

What is the point of the beta application feature on the GDS homepage then?

I don't know if that was meant to be a rhetorical question, but if not; it's to apply to be a beta tester on one of the other games. My earlier reply is what happens with my games, I have no idea what Arlie and Brian do.

I don't know if that was meant to be a rhetorical question, but if not; it's to apply to be a beta tester on one of the other games. My earlier reply is what happens with my games, I have no idea what Arlie and Brian do.

It wasn't rhetorical. I have been interested in it before. Thank you for clearing it up.

Archived