Getting to A* Popularity....

Hi, been playing this game for several months now, and from my (limited) experience, it seems like a fed's popularity only goes up when it puts up a show that's 2 grades or more above its current popularity.

So my question is: is it even possible to get a fed to A* popularity? Once you get to the "A" regions, does the required margin for increase go down? Short of producing a whole string of perfect 100% shows (is that doable), is there any other way to get your popularity past the 90 mark?

Thanks.

Guest ringannouncer

My experience

I am using DOTT and have B+ in 2 regions. When I run A or A* shows, my popularity does increase, usually by .2 percentage points. As long as you go above your current popularity, you do increase, although slightly. If you want to see the actual numbers, go into the editor, look up you promotion, and view popularity. It does take a long time to get to an A. My promotion has been 1 year & 8 months of game time, growing from a B to the cusp of an A. Of course that's because I have visited other territories and am on the verge of going national. It takes a while, especially since you may run a C show and go down a few % points as well.

Thanks.

Personally, I was concerned because so far, in may game where I brought my local fed from F to B- I’ve had multiple shows where my show grade is one above my location popularity, but my popularity didn’t seem to go up. I do know about checking the numbers in the editor, and that’s where I observed that I could only seem to bring up my popularity when my show grade is two grades or better above.

If what you said is true, then I guess the required margin does go down slightly as you get higher? I was concerned because once you get to the ‘A’s there’s no way to score two grades higher.

It doesn’t help that none of the AI-controlled feds in my games have done it. Even Global feds like SWF seem to stay put at B in one country, and even feds with excellent rosters like PGHW and BHOTWG can’t seem to get past the ‘B+’ range despite a string of ‘A’ quality shows. I guess none of them are trying too hard, as they don’t need A* popularity to get to Global….but I’d really want a crack at that maximum attendance award, and the only time I’ve managed that was when I played WWE in a RL mod, where I was already pre-set at A* popularity.

Guess I'll just have to try and get to A first and see....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived