How big a difference does 'destiny' stat make?

I have only played WMMA2 and to be honest I've only played one saved game in it. That being said the way the fighters came out in that one is the only real perception I have of them. I know if I were to start a new game there would be different outcomes in the careers of some of these fighters, but how big a difference does it make?

Would a can in the game I run be able to be a star or champion in a different game with a higher destiny stat?

Likewise, would someone who dominated in my game be nothing more than a prelim fighter in a new game with a lower destiny stat?

Or, are the changes much more subtle and much more is dependant on the fighter's overall skill?

Also, does destiny impact the person's overall skills themself or just how those skills are 'realized' and translated into actual match results?

It's incredibly important, and probably the core feature that makes WMMA (and all the other Adam games) replayable over and over again.

Examples:

Manuel Silva is one of the biggest destiny bit***s of the game. Sometimes he starts by getting submitted 5 times, sometimes he gets to 10-0 with KO's only.

Julio Regueiro is normally untouchable, but I've seen Darin Blood of all people KO'ing him twice.

Hassan Fezzik normally goes undefeated his whole career, and sometimes he just gets submitted by Kikuchi in ALPHA's 1st event.

There's a bunch of other examples.

It's incredibly important, and probably the core feature that makes WMMA (and all the other Adam games) replayable over and over again.

Examples:

Manuel Silva is one of the biggest destiny bit***s of the game. Sometimes he starts by getting submitted 5 times, sometimes he gets to 10-0 with KO's only.

Julio Regueiro is normally untouchable, but I've seen Darin Blood of all people KO'ing him twice.

Hassan Fezzik normally goes undefeated his whole career, and sometimes he just gets submitted by Kikuchi in ALPHA's 1st event.

There's a bunch of other examples.

What's wrong with Darin Blood? He's very good in almost every game I've played, and usually ends up being Julio's main rival.

What's wrong with Darin Blood? He's very good in almost every game I've played, and usually ends up being Julio's main rival.

Let me put this into perspective, then. In one of my 1st GAMMA games, both JJ Reid and Buddy Garner dropped to 170 to provide real challenges for the champion, because he kept finishing everyone in the 1st 3 minutes, with wins over Carpenter, Humphreys, Blood (by KO). Result: 1st round submission over Reid, and 2-0 over Garner with a unanimous decision and a [censored] SUBMISSION VICTORY. Regueiro was the closest thing to a WMMA God to me after that.

I might have played 7 or 8 GAMMA games after that, until I booked Regueiro vs Blood for the 1st main event. Blood KO'ed Regueiro, which was a shock by itself; in the rematch, HE DID IT AGAIN. He never turned out to be nothing special in any of my games.

Ironically, he has been pretty good after that.

I only have one game but Blood is a beast in it. He is just below the top tier. He caught up to Julio though and beat him soundly. Fezzik fell off before retiring and lost like 4-5 times.

Li-Kong Ho is the end all be all. He's currently 38-0. He has had my LW title for about 7 years. The greatest MMA fighter of all time. He once fought Lubuos Pasil (SP?) and he was getting taken down and controlled the whole fight. In the 5yh, he subbed out with like a minute to go. It was pretty much exactly the Sonnen Silva fight.

Napier at the age of 37 is suddenly on a tear. He had fallen hard for 3 years but now he's back and he just recaptured the title. It's crazy.

This happened in my longest game so far, Blood defeated Regueiro by decision to win the title, then in the rematch Blood dominated the first 3 rounds before getting submitted by a rear naked choke that was Submission of the Year. To complete the trilogy Regueiro again rear naked choked Blood this time in the 2nd round. They had other fights in between, but that first fight was Regueiro's only loss so far, and Blood's two losses are the only since the beginning of the game.

I had one of the worse female competitors in the game, Sonya Carlton, and she was really bad at first. But within in year, even after using her about twice, she had KO power in hands, KO power with her kicks, had amazing takedown defense, and was nearly unsubmittable. Heck, she beat Sarah Vaughn once, and then she beat Vicki Summers once. Consecutively.

What is the difference between Destiny and Potential again anyway?

I'm guessing potential is for the general fighter percentages/ratings and destiny is a rating that you cannot see that decides whether or not the fighter will live up to or out perform their expectations. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Archived