I have encountered a weird bug in the game. I haven't lost a single match in WWF in DOTT mod (except a tag match, where my partner was pinned). I WAS heavyweight champion from January '88 to March '89, didn't lose single one singles match, but lost the title. I wasn't booked for one show, and results show, that another wrestler won the title. Never lost it, it just vanished. Any idea why this happened? My career stats show 26 title defenses and the date when I lost title, but there's no mention of a lost match in match history. There are no news items about vacated title or anything like that.

I've been wondering why I can't win matches in Japan with stats maxed out, this title bug got me thinking if there are other issues in the game. Have anyone else had similar experiences?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't if this is a bug or just a irrationally weird incident. I haven't been able to win a match with my new career with a move with success rate for pin lower than 94%. I wrestled Terry Funk and hit him with 5-6 DDT's (55%), two russian legsweeps (35%) and a german suplex (45%). Finally he submitted to Gotch toe lock (94%). This match was 2/3 falls, so he submitted me with a toe hold (74%) and with a second sleeper attempt (40%). Is this normal? Chances of kicking out all of those moves is extremely low.

The next match saw Crusher Darsow kick out of 3 DDT's at the exactly same moment. Then I just started spamming Gotch toe lock, luckily I got it with 6th try. That ended the match, but suddenly I can't win without a crazy move.

I don't know if my XP installation is fu*ked up or what, but this game seems to be playing different tricks with me. Last time I played, I won matches with legsweeps and other similar moves. Played the same save. This is extremely inconsistent. Or does popularity have some effect on kicking out?

Well, on probably half of those pinfall attempts my opponent didn't have any momentum. I always try to minimize opponents momentum and maximize mine. Most of the time, when I go for a pinfall, I have more momentum than my opponent. When the finisher that worked only has frequency of 24%, I of course try to max my momentum.

I just don't see momentum having any noticeable effect on matches. I hit moves with almost equal success rate with high momentum than low momentum. Sometimes, opponent slips out of moves when my momentum is maxed and eats a DDT out of nowhere when my momentum is non-existent. Momentum might increase/decrease chances to hit moves, kick out or score a pinfall, but I have get pinned a lots of times with a "small move" while having lot of momentum and have pinned opponents with very low momentum, so it just seems to do something to the odds, but most of the time everything is based on pure luck(?).

I'm not mocking the game or anything, just can't seem to find any consistency in it.

The entire engine is based on set odds + random chance. By its nature, it will be inconsistent, but it's inconsistency within set limits. As the random part is done via the computer's own random clock, and therefore infallible, you are guaranteed to be getting a good random spread - so for every piece of bad luck you should get an equal amount of good luck, statistically speaking.

Ok, thanks for the answers, my next job is re-installation of windows. That might help out with this game as well, my XP is about to fall of the cliff at the moment. It's at the point where some games refuse to start and every shutdown attempt ends in a BSOD.

Archived