<p>That is, good matches = up</p><p> </p><p>

Bad matches = down</p><p> </p><p>

I'm sure someone was going to make the joke anyway.</p><p> </p><p>

I would assume that when match quality > title prestige, then prestige will rise. However, I've had 100% prestige titles without getting anything like that for matches, so I believe that longer title reigns will help raise prestige, and possibly regular defences as well.</p>

Thanks. I generally have my title holders defend their title everytime they are in a match but havent seen it go up in prestige. At the same time, I had Mr. Wrestling 3 holding one of my brand titles for over a year and once he held the title around a year, it seemed like every match the prestige would go up a point.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29520" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I generally have my title holders defend their title everytime they are in a match but havent seen it go up in prestige.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is it a floating title? Floating titles take longer to gain/lose prestige.</p>

I'm almost positive that it's match quality as relates to your promotion size. If you're putting on 55-65 rated matches as MAW just starting out, the prestige will rise, since, as a small company, that's very, very good.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gigas" data-cite="Gigas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29520" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The worker who holds the title also matters. A 94 pop worker with a 72 prestige title will help a lot.<p> </p><p> There are also belt caps. A midcard title cant exceed 70 prestige I believe.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This.</p><p> </p><p> What's more, no matter how good the matches are, if the title holder(s) are below main eventer, even a floating title will cap out at 70. So it's the titleholder's card level, ability, and match ratings that seem to most directly affect title prestige.</p>

It's a global Fed. The titles I'm talking about are main event titles. I had Ric Flair holding my World title for six months and it has not risen in prestige above 70. He then lost it to Hulk Hogan and it is still at 70 after a few defenses. Generally their matches have been in the 80's. The year is 1994 and Flair and Hogan are international superstars.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29520" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's a global Fed. The titles I'm talking about are main event titles. I had Ric Flair holding my World title for six months and it has not risen in prestige above 70. He then lost it to Hulk Hogan and it is still at 70 after a few defenses. Generally their matches have been in the 80's. The year is 1994 and Flair and Hogan are international superstars.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you sure the title is set to main event?</p>

Archived