Black Friday 2010

supershot

Hi everyone.

I'm starting this thread so we can discuss deals for Black Friday. Of course I understand if you would like to keep your findings to yourself for obvious reasons :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have been trying to find what the deals will be for 360's in stores like Kmart and Walmart. I found a few but they were all unofficial. I looked threw my actions from the paper for Saturday and there was nothing for Black Friday deals.

Did stores officially release their deals yet?

<p>I haven't seen any deals advertised yet, but it's probably not gonna be my best Black Friday, tight as money is lately. I've been trying to Swagbuck my way into some Amazon gift cards, but even that's not gonna get me all <em>that</em> far.</p><p> </p><p>

We'll see what comes up though. I'll be going to Target and Best Buy for sure.</p>

I got about 80% of my Xmas shopping done online in the past two days. Got a lot of great deals on TV series over on Amazon. First seasons of Modern Family and Community, the first three seasons of Boy Meets World, and the first three seasons of Mad Men for $90...and that was just for me. :)

If there is anything I've learned, I'm thankful for the past few days though, it's finding a way to avoid mall traffic during these crazy times that make me happy. Standing in lines with crazy moms and depressed dads is not a fun way to spend the holiday.

I've been trying to Swagbuck my way into some Amazon gift cards, but even that's not gonna get me all that far.

I forgot to mention that. I've switched to using swagbucks as my search engine since whoever it was posted their link here. Between searching and getting the daily points for voting in polls I ended up with about $60 for Amazon that I spent over the past two days on presents. So that site was able to help a little bit in the long run.

Shopping Online is soooooooooooo much easier, and you don't have to worry about the anxiety of Black Friday....

Like that night at my local Best Buy a couple of years ago when there were so many people in there that it was literally buggy to butt - perusing the DVD aisle, (and every other aisle) in a line.

I almost had an anxiety attack.

*shudders*

I forgot to mention that. I've switched to using swagbucks as my search engine since whoever it was posted their link here. Between searching and getting the daily points for voting in polls I ended up with about $60 for Amazon that I spent over the past two days on presents. So that site was able to help a little bit in the long run.

And yeah, me too.

Strange turn of events this year... I've done most of my Christmas Shopping for everyone else, and now I'm lagging behind in the Me Department.

:o

If one more person asks me about a @#$% 189 dollar Toshiba laptop I might go GTA on the Greater Cincinnati Area.

Is it any good? :p

I went out shopping. Seen two females ghetto style fighting over a blue Ray DVD. I remember why I hate shopping. 7 hours out shopping on Black Friday. Got my list done, even got me some 3 dollar fuzzy pj pants and a new Ds game.

I had never heard of a Zhu Zhu pet before my niece asked for them.. NEVER again will I leave my house on this horrid day.

Bah, not so many good deals online as I thought.

And I missed out on a 32' inch TV at 230$. fml

My computer died Tuesday. I got a new one, found out the thing went on sale today for $200 less than I paid. :mad:

Dude. I seen two chicks fight, then seen one idiot try to steal a laptop and thought he would get out of the store where a hell of a lot of people were trying to get in.

I love stupid people. :D

Black Friday is lame. The people who want the stuff rarely get it because the smert (yes, spelled that way for a reason) people get their friends at the stores to hold it for them. Come in the day after and rack up. :D

I just like to watch the news during the day to see who got hurt or died (yes, tres macabre). Last year, the WalMart I go to (in Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream) had an employee get trampled to death. His crime? He opened the doors. This year, they had barricades set up and the whole nine yards....and then they opened the doors remotely. Funniest thing I've heard this week. In the morning, I'll head out to Green Acres and make my rounds, picking up all the doorbusters set aside for me. WalMart, Target, Best Buy, Macy's, and even my old workplace, JCPenney. Sadly, that's what Black Friday will come to, I'm guessing. When each store only has say a dozen or so of the doorbusters, having half of those set aside is really going to make people mad (and not want to deal with it anymore).

Amazon's been having some pretty decent hourly specials this week though. My Prime membership has come in real handy. :)

Here in St. Louis its not like that at all. We had 55 inch televisions at my local walmart (just outside STL) there were roughly 50 tickets for these televisions. I think thats pretty good.

I'm not sure how that would work if you ask your friends to hold items for you and you don't come in until the next day how would you get them for the price the day before and you would almost have to have GM's as friends otherwise I would imagine someone would get in some serious trouble for not having said items on the floor to be bought at the right time.

Maybe its different in NYC but in 'Bama, OKC and STL the three places I've lived there has always been plenty of deals for everyone form Walmart to Best Buy to wherever.

I personally never get into the whole black friday thing since it seems the really good stuff is never on sale. You're not getting the high quality t.v's and electronics for amazing prices.

Really though Christmas for me is boring since if I want something I just go buy it I don't wait until Christmas so I can save forty bucks.

I live an hour away from Green Bay, Wisconsin in a town of about 20 thousand people. It's pretty nice because most of the time Holidays like Black Friday don't get too bad.

The downside is they don't get to many doorbusters. My local Kmart has about 10 Xbox 360's with Black Ops for $199. I'm not sure if all Kmart's got roughly 10 of them. Thankfully my willingness to stand out in 18 degrees and 12 mph winds got me the 2nd one :p

All I've gotten so far is Bioshock 2 for 20 bucks, and I'm debating right now on the seasons 2 and 3 of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for half price, as well as a Rampage Jackson t-shirt for ten.

Do it. It is worth it. That show was/is still funny as he'll to watch.

I find it funny that you can go to a store the day after black Friday and see the same sales.

Archived