Questions about real-world mods

I have never played with a real-world mod in WMMA2, but I look forward to doing so in WMMA3 in order to get a different game experience.

I'm just wondering a few questions, for those who have experience with these mods:

1) Is the 'destiny' stat still applied in real world mods, or is it much more static in terms of which fighters will end up being better than others? (Ie. In every game you start GSP will be unmatched in the UFC weltweight division, versus if destiny is on, sometimes he might peter out and not be as big a force).

2) Are all the fight histories properly stored from all past MMA events in these mods?

3) What about contracts? Does the financial system play out in a somewhat true-to-life fashion in these mods or do you tend to see some weird things with contracts?

4) Are there any mods out there that combine real life with fictional? Personally I'd love a mod that starts out with all real fighters, but then introduces the fictional fighters in the future (somewhat simulating real life, as you don't really know right now in 2010, what new MMA fighters there will be in 2015, etc.) I think this would be preferrable to seeing a random Brock Lesnar regen a few years into your game.

5) I know sim speed is increased in WMMA 3, which is great, but in these real-life mods that have TONS of organizations, does it slow down the sim speed significantly? I know my WMMA2 save game with the default fictional workers and organizations doesn't exactly go at blazing speeds day-to-day, so I"m a little concerned how slow a real-life mod might be.

6) Anything else I should know or you'd like to share with me about real world mods, have at it!

Can't answer all of them, but:

2) Generally it depends on the mod. Most of the big fights will go in, but few fighters will have complete records. I guess this will change with the ability to enter entire events at the one time in the new game.

4) Not that I've seen, but I vaguely recall one that was real world + C-Verse. You're way is hard to do unless there is a way to mass edit the debut dates of fighters (i.e. +10 years or something).

5) The big databases go at an absolute crawl. I can't remember which one I played, but it was so big that the game was almost unplayable. Then again, my laptop is kinda slow so maybe it is better on a better PC.

6) I'm not sure WMMA2 was entirely conducive to real world mods. The problem came with a pretty inflexible contract system which meant fighters very rarely were signed to non-exclusive contracts which doesn't really represent the state of events outside of the big promotions.

I pretty much only play with real world mods, so here we go:

1) Bit of both really, I've played a few games with some drastic changes. In my current one, 3 and half years in, a regen is the #1 Middleweight in the world after destroying Bisping and UFC's previous #1 Yancy Medeiros. Anderson Silva has fallen from grace, losing 3 of his last 6. GSP remains the top man in the Welterweight division but was toppled by a guy who starts of mediocre and is now his main rival.

For a big fall, Carwin fights in the minor leagues these days andf Fedor isn't even in #10 Heavyweights.

In some games I've seen Bobby Lashley become UFC champ, others he's lost near every fight.

2) Depends on the mods as they have to be manually recorded. Generally UFC has a good backlog.

3) Contracts is the weaker point but it's more to do with the flawed Name Value/Rep issues. (Guys demanding crazy money cuz they won a few fights 6 years ago etc...)

4) Haven't seen this, but in the real world mods, the game re-uses somebodies picture/weight class but renames them and re-writes their entire fighting style/skills. Sean Sherks regen Matthew Parker is amazing at 19-0, Fedors regen (Oleg something-or-other) is a can with a 3-9 record.

5) This is more to do with specs. I run a 2.6Ghz Core 2 Duo with 2GB Ram and have no issues running MASSIVE databases.

6) Your biggest issue is if you run a promotion outside of U.S. A lot of the mods have set name values in UK/Japan etc.. BADLY. Meaning Matt Hughes is a nobody in UK, but a guy who's fought preliminaries in an obscure Australian promotion is a draw lol. It's best to use the in-game editor to correct name value issues as you come across them.

Archived