The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more a solicitation of opinions than an actual question. I am working on a Fictional Mod (I am not sure if I will ever put it out for the public or not) and I have come across a very minor problem. I was wondering what Ethnicity I should make native born Americans and Canadians who have Hispanic Heritage and Hispanic last names. For instance if someone was named Jon Rodriguez what should his Ethnicity be?

Making him white, Latin American, or Other does not seem right but said fighter would have to fall into one of those categories. Usually I would just defer to the Default data but Adam does not have any American fighters like this in the default data. Therefore, I guess I would just like to know what the general consensus is of my fellow posters.

@ Melvis: No idea. That never came up in my games

@BHK: In case of doubt, I'd always set them as Hispanic. Note that apart from certain company restrictions, the use for ethnicity is strictly esthethics, so it doesn't really matter. If the render or the background suggest slight hispanic origins, I'd set it as such. Like I said, the only use is to provide someone for the ethic 'minorities' to appeal to. If they share heritage, why not? And i'd never set it to other. I supposed that's just for Samoans? And aliens for potential mods or something. :p

So how do I get a fighter's older fights to show up in their Fight History? I've tried adding the fights in the Fight Histories tab in the database, but when I load up a new game those fights aren't under their Fight History.

I'm trying to do an alternate reality UFC starting at the beginning. I've set all my fighters to their pre-UFC debut win/loss record, but I want to add all of their pre-UFC fights so that they show up in their Fight History. I've seen this done in mods like JT's, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it myself.

So how do I get a fighter's older fights to show up in their Fight History? I've tried adding the fights in the Fight Histories tab in the database, but when I load up a new game those fights aren't under their Fight History.

I'm trying to do an alternate reality UFC starting at the beginning. I've set all my fighters to their pre-UFC debut win/loss record, but I want to add all of their pre-UFC fights so that they show up in their Fight History. I've seen this done in mods like JT's, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it myself.

That is odd. In earlier games I added history and it showed up. Maybe the latest patch erased it?

That is odd. In earlier games I added history and it showed up. Maybe the latest patch erased it?

I realize I left something out: I imported the fighters from JT's database into a brand new one where the UFC was the only company, so no fight histories came with. I then tried to enter them myself and they aren't showing up.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone else asked this question but as I keep scrolling through looking for the answer (which I never found) I lost who asked it.

If you turn off Fog of War what impact does the user profile stat to do with prospects have?

Surely you could zero it and move the other 3 up to 6 and 7's and have a better character?

(I do like fog of war though)

Is there a fog of war option in the game?

If you want to see the stats, just check the editor. The user character's abilities have a minor impact on the game imo. I just use a character with 10 on booking (or marketing or whatever) and 10 negotiations, in order to speed up the latter and increase ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem I've never had before and I hope someone here can help me. It seems like I can't resign a guy that is of high level international value, my company is one of the biggest too and I have ALOT of cash. I've maxed out every single option on this contract and I've tried different types of contracts/amount of matches, but it still says that ALPHA-1 have put a more attractive offer on the table (is it even possible?).

I have no idea if this is a bug, but it seems strange very strange. Here's a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/joPIa.png

I maxed out every possible option and gave him an exclusive/associate/standard contract and it still says that ALPHA-1 has put a more attractive offer. I am starting to believe this is some sort of a bug and it seems like nobody here have encountered it before. Maybe I should make a thread about it in the tech support section...

Archived