2 questions for new player

Hey folks. I just purchased TEW 10 a few days ago and of course it's awesome. I have 2 questions though. I've used mods in TEW 2005 and WMMA 2 and didn't have a problem with the pics. Of course, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use them in the mod I have now. I'm using a 1999-Beginning of the end mod with WCW. Can anyone tell me how to use the pics in this mod?

Also, even though I fell to Cult level immediately, I am still the number 2 promotion in the world overall. I just made a pact with both APW and OVW for them to be my "child companies". The only problem is that I don't know how to send talent there or bring guys up. Can anyone tell me how to move talent between companies, WITHOUT using the talent trade option? Any help would be great!

Hey folks. I just purchased TEW 10 a few days ago and of course it's awesome. I have 2 questions though. I've used mods in TEW 2005 and WMMA 2 and didn't have a problem with the pics. Of course, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use them in the mod I have now. I'm using a 1999-Beginning of the end mod with WCW. Can anyone tell me how to use the pics in this mod?

Also, even though I fell to Cult level immediately, I am still the number 2 promotion in the world overall. I just made a pact with both APW and OVW for them to be my "child companies". The only problem is that I don't know how to send talent there or bring guys up. Can anyone tell me how to move talent between companies, WITHOUT using the talent trade option? Any help would be great!

Not sure what to tell you about the pic problem, but I can help you with the developmental problem. You are only able to send workers on Written contracts to your child promotions. Being Cult, unless you've got high momentum, a LOT of cash (7 million I think) and the worker in question must like the promotion. If you pass those three tests, then you can sign written deals at Cult. If not, you've got to be National or higher. Now for workers on your roster already on written deals, if you go to your promotion screen, click on roster, there is your roster profiles. There is a button above their bio all the way to the right that looks like a foot print. Click this to send the worker to one of your child companies.

Also for future reference there is a thread here entitled "Small Questions that don't deserve their own thread" Use that for any small little questions in the future.

RC2

The pics must be in the correct folder, and the game must be set to read from that folder.

One of the problems with downloading zip files is the tendency for them to create a subfolder when they're unzipped, so you may want to check that.

Otherwise, in the editor, go into your database and edit the Database Settings (I think - can't check right now as I'm halfway through a show) to select which DB the game is looking for the pictures folder in.

If you look back...maybe 5 pages in the little questions thread, you'll find me struggling with the picture problem.

In short...I had the game's database make a picture folder. I copied all the items from the relevant folders in my picture folder, then pasted them into the game's.

Archived