What do you like in a dynasty?

Posted here because I didn't want to take away from the dynasty forum.

Any way its pretty simple, just looking to get a lot of different feedback on what people like in dynasty's. I tried to come up with a questionnaire format, as in copy and paste, then your answers, but you of course don't have to follow it, it was just to give some general guidelines and common questions. Others can of course post more questions.

- Do you like established promotions played straight up with no changes or do you like upstart user created promotions?

- Do you like when players leave the game world as in (no pregame editing) or editing? i.e. Claiming exclusive workers from other promotions.

- Real World or C-Verse?

- How Many Dynasties do you follow?

- Do you make predictions on all the dynasties you follow?

- How much do prediction rewards affect your interest?

- What type of rewards do you like? i.e. match making, signings, changes, etc.

- How much does base region affect your interest?

- How much does the amount of matches per card affect your interest?

- Do you like full play by play results, summarized, or quick?

- How much do "extra's" increase your interest, i.e. Fighter Interviews, Card Breakdowns, story lines, following one fighter, etc.

- Which of these extras do you like/dislike?

I'll go first to give my input to dynasty writers

- Do you like established promotions played straight up with no changes or do you like upstart user created promotions? I like user created ones, I figure I see GAMME & ALPHA-1 dynasties by following them in my game so something different is nice which is why I like McFly's KBIL and BYU's ECW

- Do you like when players leave the game world as in (no pregame editing) or editing? i.e. Claiming exclusive workers from other promotions. A little change is okay, but I've discovered I don't like massive editing.

- Real World or C-Verse?

- How Many Dynasties do you follow? About 3 at a time.

- Do you make predictions on all the dynasties you follow? Yes.

- How much do prediction rewards affect your interest? Not at all.

- What type of rewards do you like? i.e. match making, signings, changes, etc. doesn't really matter to me, i guess match making but it will usually already be set up by the author, i.e. who the top contender is, etc.

- How much does base region affect your interest? I thought it did alot at first, now I realize I don't care.

- How much does the amount of matches per card affect your interest? More than I originally thought I did. Smaller cards may make for less interesting games but easier and better diarys.

- Do you like full play by play results, summarized, or quick? Summarized, I'm not going to read the whole play by play but I do like to know what went on.

- How much do "extra's" increase your interest, i.e. Fighter Interviews, Card Breakdowns, story lines, following one fighter, etc. Doesn't effect me alot but card breakdowns and an occasional fighter interview is nice.

- Which of these extras do you like/dislike? I guess I dont like it when it gets to role playing with the interviews and stuff overboard since its still about matches in the end and I'm not going to read pages and pages of text.

- Do you like established promotions played straight up with no changes or do you like upstart user created promotions? Ether one

- Real World or C-Verse? Real world mostly

- How Many Dynasties do you follow? All the top ones, and all Ufc ones

- Do you make predictions on all the dynasties you follow? Try to

- How much do prediction rewards affect your interest? don't care about that

- What type of rewards do you like? i.e. match making, signings, changes, etc. All

- How much does base region affect your interest? Idk

- How much does the amount of matches per card affect your interest? Low

- Do you like full play by play results, summarized, or quick? Summarized/quick

- How much do "extra's" increase your interest, i.e. Fighter Interviews, Card Breakdowns, story lines, following one fighter, etc. Not that much

- Which of these extras do you like/dislike? Short fighter interviews, card breakdowns, storylines, rumor fights.

- Do you like established promotions played straight up with no changes or do you like upstart user created promotions? User created

- Do you like when players leave the game world as in (no pregame editing) or editing? i.e. Claiming exclusive workers from other promotions. No pre-game editing

- Real World or C-Verse? C-Verse

- How Many Dynasties do you follow? I try to at least skim through all of them.

- Do you make predictions on all the dynasties you follow? Rarely

- How much do prediction rewards affect your interest? Not at all

- What type of rewards do you like? i.e. match making, signings, changes, etc. Don't care.

- How much does base region affect your interest? Only slightly

- How much does the amount of matches per card affect your interest? Not at all.

- Do you like full play by play results, summarized, or quick? Summarized

- How much do "extra's" increase your interest, i.e. Fighter Interviews, Card Breakdowns, story lines, following one fighter, etc. A lot.

- Which of these extras do you like/dislike? I like pretty much any extra as long as they are well thought out.

- Do you like established promotions played straight up with no changes or do you like upstart user created promotions?

Usually I prefer underdog promotions or created ones. I don't mind reading a established promotion really, but I like created or newly made promotions. Reading Alpha-1 diaries don't amaze me too much, because the promotion is #1 in the world. GAMMA does, because Raul Hughes is there, and I love the guy.

- Do you like when players leave the game world as in (no pregame editing) or editing? i.e. Claiming exclusive workers from other promotions.

Nothing too massive or top stars.

- Real World or C-Verse?

Either really. Both tend to hook me.

How ever many interest me.

Yes.

Not a whole lot. I like them, but really, I just love seeing if my pick wins or not. I think reading the diary is a reward within itself.

Match making or signings.

Not at all really, but if it is in my home state of Ohio, I'll always check it out.

Not at all. Small promotions will have smaller cards.

Just as long as they are clean and easy to read, I'll read it.

- How much do "extra's" increase your interest, i.e. Fighter Interviews, Card Breakdowns, story lines, following one fighter, etc.

Fighter Interviews are cool and really creative. I also like card breakdowns.

I don't really dislike any, unless they are just lame.

Posted here because I didn't want to take away from the dynasty forum.

Any way its pretty simple, just looking to get a lot of different feedback on what people like in dynasty's. I tried to come up with a questionnaire format, as in copy and paste, then your answers, but you of course don't have to follow it, it was just to give some general guidelines and common questions. Others can of course post more questions.

Both

The game world can use more feds and fighters so any step in that direction is for the better. Also you may need new fighters to make a certain thematic fed(like an all boxing fed or an all exciting fighters fed)

- Real World or C-Verse?

C-Verse because Real World have issues suspending disbelief e.g. Matt Hughes would never do that!

Never make predictions.

All shows have 20 matches per card otherwise you are just handicapping yourself

All are good.

All these are good but not when forced. If you can come up with good content write in otherwise leave it blank. Don't force yourself to do X number of interviews.

If you end adding more cans please post the cans in the mods thread.

- Do you like established promotions played straight up with no changes or do you like upstart user created promotions? - Upstart, you get to really get a feel of what the promotion is about and how they grow.

- Do you like when players leave the game world as in (no pregame editing) or editing? i.e. Claiming exclusive workers from other promotions. - None. No editing.

- Real World or C-Verse? - C-Verse

- How Many Dynasties do you follow? - None, Predict when I can.

- Do you make predictions on all the dynasties you follow? - ^ See Above

- How much do prediction rewards affect your interest? - Meh. Not much

- What type of rewards do you like? i.e. match making, signings, changes, etc. - Signings

- How much does base region affect your interest? - No difference to me.

- How much does the amount of matches per card affect your interest? - Again, makes no difference, as long as the match is somehow defined.

- Do you like full play by play results, summarized, or quick? - Summarized

- How much do "extra's" increase your interest, i.e. Fighter Interviews, Card Breakdowns, story lines, following one fighter, etc. - Alot, makes the diary more real.

- Which of these extras do you like/dislike? - Anything to flesh out the dynasty.

This may end up being a lot of "it depends" type answers, but...

I have a slight tendency toward seeing someone's vision with an established promotion. A custom promotion can be great, but I kinda like them already having some history to build off of. Plus, how they run it is likely to differ from how I might or how the CPU would. Those differences really intrigue me.

It all depends on the context. I am not against editing at all, so long as it fits with the story that you want to tell and there is some logical justification behind it. For example, I wouldn't take issue with someone editing things with GAMMA at the start so they can get a TV deal right away, especially if said TV deal was key in how they wanted things to run. Someone editing Fezzik to GAMMA "just cuz" is not so cool.

- Real World or C-Verse?

Slight preference for C-verse. With real world, there is too much of a tendency for deviation to seem "unrrealistic". When something "unlikely" happens, such as Martin Kampmann becoming an unbeatable monster at WW, destroying the entire division. Especially when its tough to know whether that's a result of the game giving him a huge destiny backing or just an anomaly of the game data.

Varies.

No. I pick and choose kinda randomly for some reason. Just depends if I'm in the mood when I check it out.

Not that much. Its a nice way to try to keep the same folks predicting, though.

Even just "pick who gets interviewed" or something seems pretty good.

Very little.

Not that much.

Summarized. The full play-by-play is great when its an exciting fight, but less so when its a 5-round snore-fest. So a nice concise summary is nice.

I like to see those. It helps the immersion factor. Without those, it tends to feel too much like "here's what I'm doing in my game".

None automatically. Just depends on the presentation.

Archived