Bug that wasn't corrected in updated demo

I understand where GoPokes is coming from. Wyoming is the only game in town in that state, so Wyoming get's a lot of their own recruits along with some walkons who end up becoming scholarship players. I think Ryan McGuffey is an example of this. Casey and Corey Bramlet were also great recruits to come out of Wheatland, Wyo. So Wyoming does produce some decent recruits.

I don't expect there to be 10 or 20 recruits from Wyoming even 2 or 3 would be good, I know there isn't much in the state but I think realisticly there are a handfull every year that come from Wyoming. I didn't even realize that the only ones listed were star type players I just guessed that there should be a few guys from every state. I think BYU gets a a player or 2 from Afton-Star Valley each and I know that the Casper and Cheyenne schools produce a couple each year, but if things are strictly going by the star method I understand.

There are 16 players from West Virginia on Rivals this year in what is a down year for the state. Last year WVU signed 4 players in-state, all of them 3 stars. In comparison, Vermont has no players on Rivals this year but always has some recruits in the game. The fact that the only 2 states without recruits are the last 2 alphabetically makes me think this is definitely a bug.

[QUOTE=gopokes]I don't expect there to be 10 or 20 recruits from Wyoming even 2 or 3 would be good, I know there isn't much in the state but I think realisticly there are a handfull every year that come from Wyoming. I didn't even realize that the only ones listed were star type players I just guessed that there should be a few guys from every state. I think BYU gets a a player or 2 from Afton-Star Valley each and I know that the Casper and Cheyenne schools produce a couple each year, but if things are strictly going by the star method I understand.[/QUOTE] We just got a commit from a nice O-Line prospect from Star Valley, Rick Wolfley.

Yeah, I know. He had originally given Wyoming a soft verbal and then BYU came calling and he dropped the Pokes. Some times I don't even know why Wyoming even bothers to go after the kids on the Southwestern part of the state they usually sign with BYU. I know Brady Popinga from Evanston went to BYU, but I think that was a family thing. But now he's playing for my hometown Packers. Nice to see a kid born in Wyoming in the NFL.

[QUOTE=bk1714]There are 16 players from West Virginia on Rivals this year in what is a down year for the state. Last year WVU signed 4 players in-state, all of them 3 stars. In comparison, Vermont has no players on Rivals this year but always has some recruits in the game. The fact that the only 2 states without recruits are the last 2 alphabetically makes me think this is definitely a bug.[/QUOTE] Yep, it looks definitely like a bug to me as well. Every other state has recruits, but the last two on the list (even states like Vermont, Alaska, etc.).

[QUOTE=Scott Vibert]I am looking into this... but keep in mind Wisconsin comes after West Virginia alphabetically and there are recruits from Wisconsin showing up. ;)[/QUOTE] Yep, but it's before it in the pull-down list. So the last two states on the list are West Virginia and Wyoming. :)

Classic32 Yes, I was born and raised in Wyoming (around Casper). When I got married I moved to Green Bay. I've been a huge Pokes fan since I can even remember. My favorite years were the mid to late 80's with Welniak, Wiggins, Dabby Dawson, Mitch Donahue, etc.

Hey GoPokes, Ha! Go figure. I'm glad to know there are other Wyoming fans here in Wisconsin. And let alone someone from a city in the Fox River Valley conference. I'm from Sheboygan myself. I remember seeing Mitch Donahue and a few of the other players from the late 80's. I believe they were there for homecoming. They came in to see the new Rochelle Athletic Center, which was newly built when I was working there. If you visit Laramie soon, I would suggest visiting the center. It's good a pretty awesome Wall of Fame, and other museum like items. If you feel brave enough perhaps request visiting the equipment room. The equipment managers name is MadDog. He's kind of scary at first, but his bark is far bigger than his bite. That's of course if he likes you. ;) He was my boss by the way. But regardless, he has a lot of awesome stuff in there. Including every Wyoming helmet going back to probably the 1950's. He also has quite a few game used jerseys from stars from the past.

Archived