I was looking to start a new long term game and decided that I wanted to make a few adjustments to the CVerse before I started.

One of the things that always bugged me was how quickly WLW would rise in popularity. For a regional company with low momentum, comining of two very bad years, they will usually rise all the way to National within a year or two. They are usually the top company in Japan inside three years.

I was looking for a way to slow down how quickly they rise in size. A couple of the ways I was thinking of doing this was by making an adjustment to the way the company is run.

1: Reduce the number of months that they run shows

2: Reduce the number of shows to 1 a week

3: Swith them to a non-touring company

4: Have them become a child promotion

5: Have them close down

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The main reason for their rise to power is that they get on TV, which provides massive popularity gains for each show and causes them to become really popular, really quickly.

If you want to stop that then there's only one TV network they can actually sign with and that's All Japan TV. Tweak the settings of that network so that WLW can't get on there and then they can't grow as quickly, instead having to rely on their touring shows to gain popularity instead of TV. They'll likely still pump out some strong ratings for a while, but they shouldn't be able to get to cult (and it's TV/PPV deals) within the first couple of years.

I don't like WLW's growth either... but at least they aren't NOTBPW, who I have grown to hate due to their soulless, machine-like wrestling. :mad:

I was going to have Dan finally make an attempt to reconncile with his son and give Edd control of the company.

This will cause both Victoria and Dan Jr to leave and start their own companies, Victoria will form CWWF while Dan will start a company to hire out of work young workers.

McFly will leave to sign with a growing USPW and Duane will either stay in Japan or return to one of the up and coming US companies.

Meanwhile, CGC will go National after the formation of The CWO.

With WLW, I tend to have another lucharesu company (most of the time called SKY Japan). I believe in the Painkiller mod for '08 I put Scarlet Samurai as the owner (since the mid 90s) and WLW was an offshoot and the style was 2nd Wave Lucharesu whereas SKY was 1st Wave Lucharesu. Omura also had a promotion as well with a style called "Traditional Deathmatch". WEXXV was the offshoot as "Modern Deathmatch".

The parallels I used was WEXXV (BJW), SKY Japan (MPro), WLW (Osaka or K-Dojo), and D&D (FMW or IWA Japan).

Japan was easier to come up with more promotions for and spread out workers and workers who didn't have home promotions. Mainly because if you use the RL Japan scene as an example there is quite a few "name promotions" between "higher end indy" and "big leagues". All the companies currently in the CVerse would be your name promotions obviously. Just think of it as even though these guys aren't hired doesn't mean they're not in a promotion.

With the Japanese promotions you have already in the CVerse you can make several offshoots to slow down a couple of promotions without setting a date and pulling the trigger on some future promotions...get yourself an INSPIRE offshoot (I put Hitomaro Suzuki in charge of that and brought back Li Bingci...mainly because I felt those two should've been hired when the coup happened), a WEXXV offshoot headed up by a released Omura or Ogiwara, another joshi promotion...headed up by either Muro or Ebina--or both, find the CVerse of Ultimo Dragon and give him a lucharesu promotion (I'd go with a worker from Mexico making his career in Japan), etc.

...take the holiday ham and make some sammiches out of it.

Couldn't you add a storyline into the editor that either hits just WLW or Japan to slow their inevitable rise? I know Logan did something that gutted SWF and permitted his reborn WCW (MAW) to overtake and then overwhelm them in his long running game.

It really makes me mad that whenever I play a game with a promotion other than NOTBPW they always get to Global however when I play a game as them I can't get there. Granted I want to get NOTBPW to National and not global to get that achievment but I am two years eight monthes into my game and while my popularity is rising in the area I want it to I have a feeling that it will still take a while.

Couldn't you add a storyline into the editor that either hits just WLW or Japan to slow their inevitable rise? I know Logan did something that gutted SWF and permitted his reborn WCW (MAW) to overtake and then overwhelm them in his long running game.

I don't know how much can be done in a negative way. The only negatives seem to be to the finances or the prestige.

Archived