Glyde - Sell/Buy Stuff

mjdgoldeneye

If you've ever used eBay/Amazon to buy/sell stuff or ever traded games into GameStop/EBGames, you may have interest in this site. You can buy and sell games, DVD's, CD's, and books really quickly. The best part is the site lets you profit more than others (it's infinitely better for game trade-ins). The site keeps 12% of the sale price plus the cost of printing/sending the shipping envelope to you. I listed a game for $10 and it says I'd receive $7.55 if it sells.

The site is really minimalistic. When you buy something, you just put in the title of what you want to buy and click on it. From there, you pick the format (Game system, DVD/Blu-Ray, hardcover/softcover, etc.) and the quality you want and it just sells you the lowest priced item at whatever settings you pick that's next in line.

When you sell, you fill out the information and wait for your item to sell. (It recommends a market price, but you can change it up or down to your liking.)

Even if you have no interest in selling anything, you can get some good deals buying stuff here instead of at a store or at other places online.

Here's my referral link:

http://glyde.com/?rid=zqdbzh

(If you sign-up, use that link. For every person that signs up with that link and actually buys or sells something on the site at some point, I get $2. That's actually pretty nice for a referral system.)

Aren't those fees worse than E-Bay for selling?

Yea, but it's much faster and more accurate. eBay is very free-form and fairly involved. It's not brain surgery, but Glyde is wickedly simple.

The home page is merely a search bar and a ticker at the bottom that lists popular stuff. You type in what you want, make sure it's the form you want, and you're set. You immediately go to a page to put in your information, then you just wait.

They handle shipping too!

On eBay, everything is very transparent. That's good for some things, but when you know what you want or you know what you're selling, it can be a hassle. When you sort listings, everything down to punctuation effects your search results and who finds your listing when they search. Also, the primary business on eBay is time-bound auctions. Really, it's a different beast. For the buying and selling of simple pieces of media like games, books, etc., you don't need much infrastructure.

And, here's an interesting thing: I somehow sold NCAA Football 2010 already. I listed it about the same time I started this thread and it already sold for $10. GameStop would probably give me $0.80 (no exaggeration). I get $7.55. $1.25 of that is for the mailer they send (which I don't believe fluctuates in price with the product, so if you aren't selling an outdated sports game, the impact of the mailer deduction probably isn't as grand... :p).

Also, if security is a concern, I'm fairly sure they automatically track the mailer for you. You have to be prompt (you have to send the product out within 24 hours of getting the mailer), and they don't seem to have to be themselves (they say the mailer should arrive "sometime over the next week"). However, it isn't seemingly burdensome. I can update my experience as it happens.

Here's their transaction policies: http://glyde.com/transaction-policies

Any site that lets me make actual tangible money from otherwise unsellable yearly sports games is good in my book. :D

Archived