Supreme Wrestling Federation: Under Pressure

Awesome twist with Greed. Great storyline and from it starting on your first show until the big one is amazing. Greed and Vengeance will be a great match (maybe not grades wise but from a storyline stand point and for me reading.) Everything else looks really good but Greed / Vengeance story sticks out to me. :) What happen to Atlas to get a match with Valiant. I remember something with Greed's alliance but I don't know how it fully came about :)

Thanks 20LEgend, I'm glad you think so. Same to you too, Rathen - I must confess I'm enjoying these write ups too. It would be a good way to run a diary if I actually played the game fast enough :p

The ending of the Greed/Vengeance storyline actually came about as a bit of a fluke. I had brought in the original Del Muerto (Vincente Romero) but his dark matches were terrible and he wasn't gaining any overness (making the storyline fairly pointless). I had been considering turning Vengeance anyway so cutting my losses with Romero (cost a small fortune!) and going with Greed as the masked man worked out better than my original plan anyway!

Atlas vs Valiant is pretty much a 'lets fill some time' match. Atlas had been with Greed for months at this point but he wasn't really developing as I had hoped. By this point I had put him in the ring a few times and was disappointed. I'm fairly sure that after SC30 he was sent back down to development to allow Greed to move on from The Brotherhood storyline. Valiant and Jack Giedroyc split up but never really found their feet as singles wrestlers. Giedroyc is still putting on some good matches but creatively neither of them are going anywhere in particular for the moment.

I'll dedicate an entire post to SC30, which I'll write up once I have finished Smackdown. :)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNDER PRESSURE: THE ROAD AHEAD

The Supreme Challenge 30

Supreme Challenge 30, if you've never booked it, is a four hour extravaganza. It's the show that you look forward to and fear in equal measure. Will it live up to expectations? Can the storylines come together in time? Let's find out...

You will notice there will be no mention of angles, at least until the very end of the show. There were some, but they were only hype videos and promos about the matches on the card.

Joey Minnesota vs Enforcer Roberts

A strong match opened the card, giving Joey Minnesota his first taste of Supreme Challenge action. The win gave the anti-Corporation alliance an early win, and Joey a much needed victory after a few recent defeats. Roberts is at the stage in his career where he should be putting over the younger stars, and his alliance with Eric means that he can keep his overness fairly easily.

Art Reed vs Steven Parker

Steven Parker is definitely one to watch, but Art Reed really hit the ground running (mainly on PRIME).

SHOOTING STAR: Gregory Black © vs Paul Huntingdon vs Edd Stone vs Frederique Garcia

Frederique Garcia as F.A.G. is terrible. I refused to book the gimmick, and you've seen the outcome. The Alberto Del Rio-esque armbar propelled Garica into something useful on the roster, but his underappreciated entertainment skills were really what started his rise. His climb up the card wasn't intentional, but a victory here was meant to reward that and send Greg Black to greater things (much like Black's victory did for DuBois). A B grade for the match was a surprise, but a welcome one.

Jungle Lord vs Runaway Train

The first match between these two crippled Runaway Train's momentum and popularity, and he was annoyed at me too. However, once the storyline kicked off again with food fights, hall brawls and post-match attacks Train quickly got that popularity back and the stage was set for a rematch. With Jungle Lord in a much stronger position that he was previously (thanks largely to that initial victory), a win at Supreme Challenge was really a passing of the torch moment.

CAGE MATCH: Vengeance vs John Greed

The spontaneous change in storyline helped Vengeance to fend off his stale squash matches, and finally helped John Greed through the pop cap he seemed to have hit. In just a few weeks Greed was ready to challenge the "Reaper", but on the biggest show of the year he was never going to win. An open match kept Greed fans happy, but the moment of glory went predictably to the big man.

TAG TEAM TITLE LADDER MATCH: The Amazing Bumfholes © vs sXe vs Sexy Shellfish vs The Pain Alliance

Sexy Shellfish rule. They are the finest tag team ever. It's official. sXe were becoming a pain to book - too strong for their challengers, and yet too good to job out. The win for The Bumfholes was meant to set up a final rematch between the Straight Edge duo and Sexy Shellfish, and the addition of The Pain Alliance kept this from being a rerun of the last month's bout. A C+ match was extremely disappointing, especially given the grade of the last tag title match, but perhaps not too surprising given the gulf between the three recent champs and The Pain Alliance.

Valiant vs Atlas

Yep. Nothing to say here... :p

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE: Steve Frehley © vs Marc DuBois

Surprised? Marc DuBois is one of the few wrestlers I have ever booked that completely made his own career (well, for a year at least). What was supposed to be a one-off win at Awesome Impact against Greg Black led to a feud that put the title on the map. DuBois' performances alone sent him to Upper Midcard in a couple of months and then his alliance with The Corporation put him in pole position for the North American title once Remo had turned face. Frehley's reign was built entirely around the storyline with Remo (combined with my desire to split up James and Chase), and DuBois really deserved this victory by the time of the show. DuBois cheated to win of course, but he walked away with the title nonetheless. There was another motive you'll discover shortly...

Brandon James vs Marat Khoklov

Future World Champion? Almost certainly, and the big Russian is an overness machine. Brandon James, however, was yet to hit his stride leaving this one to receive a disappointing C+.

Remo vs Sam Keith

The semi-main event was a rematch of a recently held match between Remo and Sam Keith. In the last encounter Remo won by DQ - this time he won clean, finally cementing his place as a face in the SWF. Keen-eyed readers will also have noticed that this makes The Corporation vs Anti-Corporation score 2 each heading into the main event.

WORLD TITLE: Christian Faith © vs Eric Eisen vs Rich Money

The main event of the biggest show of the year! How do you book that!? I had this match planned when I booked the first Supreme TV of the year back in January. Fortunately it lived up to expectations. This A rated match was the highest graded until October, and remained the second best match of the year. Both Eisen and Money had a good claim to be victorious, but Faith deserved one final win in the main event of the Supreme Challenge. The match was a close fought affair that anyone could have won at any moment. The fans in-game loved it, I'm sure I would have enjoyed writing it too.

And then...2010's Supreme Challenge moment. The bell was ringing, but the night wasn't quite over. With Christian Faith holding the World Heavyweight title belt above his head, Eric Eisen signalled to the back. Suddenly, Eisen, Faith and Money were joined by the remainder of The Corporation! Miss Emily, Marc DuBois, Sam Keith, Enforcer Roberts and Marat Khoklov stood between Christian Faith and Eric Eisen! Rich Money, as if out of nowhere, stood in front of Christian Faith, nose-to-nose with Marat Khoklov as the fans jumped to their feet and urged "Hard Cash" to attack! Time stood still as Money stared into the eyes of the enormous Russian, and slowly nodded...the crowd were shocked...what did this mean!? Marat raised his fist...and nailed Eric Eisen! Sam Keith jumped into action, only for Money to strike him down! Enforcer Roberts tried to charge Khoklov but DuBois tackled him, joining Khoklov and Money in celebration of their turn! Rich Money turned around and smiled at the shocked Christian Faith and offered his hand as congratulations. Money raised Faith's hands and the 47,000 fans nearly blew the roof off the Lakeland Arena....

...and then Money struck again. Joined by his new allies Marat Khoklov and Marc DuBois, the trio continued to beat the World Heavyweight Champion until the SWF security swarmed the ring. Christian Faith may have won the main event of Supreme Challenge 30, but Rich Money, Marat Khoklov and Marc DuBois - soon to be known as Fortune V (it'll make sense on the next show) - would be the ones to leave the arena truly victorious.

==============================================================================================

There were a few things I wanted to do for Supreme Challenge but for whatever reason couldn't. The big one was celebrity involvement - this is the Cverse's WrestleMania after all. Should I ever do an SWF diary again, celebrities will definitely be all over the card. :D The other was a tie-in to the original Supreme Challenge, possibly by bringing in Corporal Doom, Rip Chord or Micky Starr for some sort of role. That never materialised, but could have been a nice angle with the right build-up.

Up Next: Welcome To The Jungle

Shame to see this one go, jhd, but I understand the issues of distractions taking you away (and simming too far ahead as well.)

I'm really liking the short, succinct recaps of the game. It's nice to see, in a way, that it wan't all easy for you (the tag match, El Muerte and so on) as I find diaries much more interesting when there are unexpected complications.

I'll have to look in on your WWE diary and see what you're up to in the other SE behemoth :D

Hey my friend,

Just wanted to let you know that I've read each and every time you've posted the new updates and you definitely had some wonderful ideas moving forward with SWF. The Supreme Challenge 30 in particular is one that has Money written all over it in more ways than one. The Vengeance/John Greed storyline would have been interesting to see played out.

All in all, sorry to see this one go but am enjoying the recaps.

Archived