What was the cause for the banning of the JT mod again?

Sorry if this can be found via search. Can't seem to find the right keyword to show the result except for a comment about it in one of the forum topics.

I'm thinking of creating a mod and I just want to know what to avoid.

Also, do you guys specifically calculate the fight records? I'm thinking of omitting most of those because it's hard to import different records from different databases.

JT Mod was found to have used data and graphics from other mods without permission claiming everything was his own work. Basically ensure you ask permission before you use logos or renders posted on this forum, as well as any data entries you use from other mods. All of my work is free for anyone to use; I only ask for a credit mention.

<p>Ahh thanks. That brings up an interesting issue though, is there a list of all the creditors in one page or is it possible to have a list that can be easily spotted like a wiki?</p><p> </p><p>

Since I'm making a mod that combines JT Mod and Cornellverse (probably going to move it to Modern Warriors now that it has been released), it can get confusing for me to figure out which one to credit.</p>

<p>I used some graphics from MW/ToS, but not their data. My mod has more fighters, promotions, fight history, etc. than any other mod I've seen out there. </p><p> </p><p>

I've had nothing but positive feedback from the hundreds of people that downloaded my mod and I continue to update it a little each day. I'll likely release an update in the near future if there is a demand for it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VTial" data-cite="VTial" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30415" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ahh thanks. That brings up an interesting issue though, is there a list of all the creditors in one page or is it possible to have a list that can be easily spotted like a wiki?<p> </p><p> Since I'm making a mod that combines JT Mod and Cornellverse (probably going to move it to Modern Warriors now that it has been released), it can get confusing for me to figure out which one to credit.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're using a mod based on JT Mod then your mod is based on stolen data, including complete databases, custom graphics, and thousands of pictures cut by either myself or the Tap or Snap guys. If you use that stuff your mod likely won't be up long. </p><p> </p><p> There are multiple pick packs out there that are free to use, and I've got an older pic pack I'd let you use if interested. There are lots of graphics out there.</p>

<p>Yeah. I was under the impression JT did that as a temporary mod when Modern Warriors wasn't released for WMMA 3 yet.</p><p> </p><p>

That said, I didn't really know he claimed it as his own.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd appreciate it if you can share your older pic pack but if it's ok, could you also add a pic pack of the forbidden newer pics?</p><p> </p><p>

I've already added certain pic packs of JT and it can be hard for me to decipher between forbidden and un-forbidden packs.</p><p> </p><p>

See the thing is with my mod: I'm switching renders around. Certain fighters may have Cornellverse mods, then again certain fighters may have modified bios or they may have real life fighter pic switched around. Even the stats are modified. Some in a minor manner/others more major.</p><p> </p><p>

The idea is once it's done: It's an amalgam of Cornellverse and other database bios and stats.</p>

<p>You may have noticed, but I released a pic pack containing over 2,000 real world faces. These are similar to Modern Warriors since I provided Tag01 with a bunch of them; the primary difference is mine do not have a border while the original MW pack has a border around each pic.</p><p> </p><p>

You can find my pic pack listed at the bottom of the first post in <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306085" rel="external nofollow">my thread here.</a></p>

Archived