PSW: A Revolution Reborn

Jack Avatar's Diary Blog #1, December 2009

Since my controversial match (and subsequent shoot) with my cousin Charles at the now infamous "Broad Avenue Brawl" Altoona, Pa show 2 months ago, work has been tough to find. I find myself having to explain myself one last time before I put this matter to rest.

#1: I was perfectly willing to job to my cousin. This wasn't about winning or losing a match. This was simply about paying respect to the business, and to a fellow wrestler.

#2: The promoter, not my cousin Charles, is responsible for my apparent blackballing in the industry.

While I take full responsibility for my actions in instigating the shoot, I find it unfair to be on the outside of a business that I can legimately make a better place.

With all that said, Mitch Naess, owner of Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling, has given me my second chance. Starting in January 2010, I will be working for PSW as a worker, and as head booker of the promotion. Alex Braun wishes to concentrate on his in-ring performances, and I will be taking his place.

I will be keeping this online diary (blog, Twitter, whatever you want to call this) for fans of PSW, as well as my own fans, so that they know EXACTLY was is going on in their home promotion. Promoters keeping secrets from the fans they want to keep paying their hard earned cash need to learn that eventually, if they don't respect their fans, they lose their fans. This blog is to give the PSW fans that respect.

Jack Avatar, NEW PSW Head Booker

Jack Avatar's Diary Blog - January 2010

Well guys, if people were expecting me to make some controversial moves right away so they can criticize me, here we go.

In evaluating the PSW talent, the one thing that bothers me the most is the lack of young talent who have the potential to make an impact on the national scene. Matthew Keith and Ash Campbell seem to be the only guys who can do that.

It is with great regret, but also my responsibility to make PSW better, that I announce the release of Tank Bradley, Lazy Joe, Dead Bolt, The Punisher, and The Wolverine. The latter two releases make the PSW Tag Team Championship vacant. I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

In the same vein, there are five guys I am bringing in to make the current PSW talent pool better. I welcome to the fold Larry Wood, Frankie Perez, the tag team of Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine, and finally fresh from his firing from PGHW, Bryan Holmes.

Perez, Umaga, and Samoan Machine are three guys who can become starts in the business in the next few years, while Wood and Holmes are two guys who can help teach the younger generation.

Now, onto some show news. PSW Adrenaline will be hosting the first round of the PSW Tag Team Championship, as well as the first round of the PSW Championship #1 Contender tournament. Frankie Future will also be defending the PSW Championship against a yet unnamed challenger.

I'll see you at the show.

Jack Avatar

Jack Avatar's Diary Blog - January 31, 2010

Lots of good news and some bad news coming out of PSW Adrenaline.

The PSW Tag Team Title Tournament will be decided at PSW Love Scars. Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine will take on Thimbleby Langdon and Wooton Fitzpaine. I was pleased with the debut of Samoan Destruction Inc, however Wooton seems to be unable to get the crowd behind him. If things don't change soon, I may have to make a change... with Wooton.

The #1 Contender Tournament had some great spots in it, and the semi-final matches are set for Love Scars. Myself and Steven Parker will be in one match, while Bryan Holmes and Alex Braun will be in the other. I think it's a great contrast of two veterans in one match and two young guys in another.

Larry Wood's debut was very successful. Johnny Martin put him over graciously, and I'm very happy he did that for me. I see Wood as someone I can push into the main event picture in the very near future. He could be my Pittsburgh version of Marat Khoklov.

Match of the night definitely goes to PSW Champion Frankie Future and PSW National Champion Matthew Keith for the PSW Championship (which Future won). While I would LOVE for Matthew Keith to stay with us long term, I don't see that happening. He's too good of a young talent to stay with a company like ours, but I'll definitely milk him for all I can get out of him.

The bad news of the month is the finances. We did lose about six or seven thousand dollars, but I attribute that to running Pennsylvania Park instead of The Ministry. I guess we wern't ready for that venue.

I can't wait for PSW Love Scars. To recap, again, here are the announced matches.

Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. The Good Ole' Boys (PSW Tag Team Championship Match)

Bryan Holmes vs. Alex Braun

Myself vs. Steven Parker

Frankie Future vs. to be announced.

Hope to see you there.

Jack Avatar

I'm enjoying your writing style so far - I'm intrigued by the releases and hoping you don't just turn to indy darlings every time you need additional talent - half the fun is building your own stars!

Anyhow, my predictions:

Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. The Good Ole' Boys (PSW Tag Team Championship Match)

It's hard to look beyond the newcomers who I feel should assert their dominance early on. Maybe a shady finish so they don't end up with titles on debut?

Bryan Holmes vs. Alex Braun

I'm hoping to see Holmes take this one, but it's really quite an open contest.

Myself vs. Steven Parker

Same as the previous match - it's geared to be quite an even contest. I'm thinking considering the diaries narrative style that you might take it.

Frankie Future vs. to be announced

Frankie vs Frankie? The debuting Perez to sneak the win here?

Jack Avatar's Diary Blog - February 2010 "Love Scars" report

All in all, a great show a couple of nights ago.

Frankie Future successfully defended the PSW Championship against former PSW and DAVE champion Johnny Martin. They showed a chemistry in the ring that I really hope to exploit at times. Having a guy like Martin on our roster is such a joy.

The #1 contender tournament has reached it's finale. Bryan Holmes will have the first spot, defeating Alex Braun in the process. Holmes continues to impress me with his work, even though our style here in PSW isn't quite what he is used to. Braun, even though he's in his 40s, continues to give solid performances, and on the booking end, he has helped me out so much.

Match of the night goes to my match with Steven Parker (C+), with myself coming out on top. I feel torn as to how to proceed with the finale of the tournament. On the one hand, it's an easy thing to put myself over and give my character the shot. I'm not going anywhere, and Bryan could get a great offer from elsewhere at any time. However, Bryan definitely deserves the opportunity to hold a major singles title here in the US. Plus I don't want to alienate the locker room by pushing myself to the moon.

Samoan Destruction Inc. was crowned new PSW Tag Team Champions in a great brawl with The Good Ole' Boys. The match went beyond my expectations, and besides Wooton still not connecting with the crowd, the match was definitely one of the surprises of the night.

Larry Wood may be trying to make a statement. For the second straight month, he attacked his opponent before the bell to gain an advantage. This month's victim was young Ash Campbell. Is this a sign of things to come from the Mountain Man from Canada?

Other matches that deserve recognition (C- ratings) include Matthew Keith successfully defending the PSW National Championship over JD Morgan, and Frankie Perez winning a hard fought contest with Grandmaster Phunk.

Financially, we pretty much broke even (+$376), a definite improvement from last month.

I will be announcing some upcoming matches very soon. Thank you for supporting PSW. The Revolution marches on!

Jack Avatar

Jack Avatar's Diary Blog - March 10th, 2010 - Talent Raids, Departures, and PSW Madness Matches

This is not a happy beginning of the month, but here we go.

As I had said before, I believed that keeping good young talent would be my toughest job here. PSW National Champion Matthew Keith, Steven Parker, and road agent Fabulous Frank will all be leaving the company and joining Total Championship Wrestling. I with them all the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Also, because of Mitch Naess's desire to not have guys who don't show much toughness, Ash Campbell will not be rehired, and he will be joining RIPW in an effort to get called up to the SWF. His contract will not be renewed. I would very much like to see him stay with our company, but at this time, it is against my bosses wishes.

Another Also, (like I said folks, this is a very painful month for PSW), during contract renegotiations, Wooton Frizpaine has decided that morally, he cannot work for our company. Therefore, PSW Madness will be the last show for Wooton.

This is leaving a HUGE gap in my midcard and upper midcard lineups. Four workers and our road agent are leaving all at once. I'm not one to waste any time in hiring new blood, so at this time, I would like to welcome to the company the following people;

-Head Road Agent Duncan Kendall

-American Elemental

-Nate Johnson

-Jared Johnson

-Jesse Christian

I'm very excited at these new arrivals. Jared Johnson is definitely a work in progress, but I see him taking the JD Morgan role of submission expert when Morgan decides to hang it up. Jesse Christian has just come off a LONG hiatus, but I think the former two time SCCW Champion will fit in very well here. Nate Johnson is a great all around worker, while American Elemental gives me the young midcard great worker that Matthew Keith was before his departure.

Now, matches for Madness. Since you all know I LOVE tournaments, the PSW National Championship will be decided in one. The Good Ole' Boys will be given one last farewell match together with PSW Tag Team Champions Samoan Destruction Inc., while my match with Bryan Holmes to decide the #1 Contender for Frankie Future's PSW Championship will be decided in a 30 minute Iron Man Match.

Matches confirmed for PSW Madness so far are as follows:

-myself vs. Bryan Holmes (30 minute Iron Man Match)

-Frankie Future vs. to be announced (PSW Championship Match)

-Samoan Destruction Inc vs. The Good Ole' Boys (PSW Tag Team Title Match)

-American Elemental vs. Primal Rage (PSW National Tournament Match)

-Little Bill Lebowski vs. Nate Johnson (PSW National Tournament Match)

-JD Morgan vs. Teddy Powell (PSW National Tournament Match)

-Jesse Christian vs. Nelson Callum (PSW National Tournament Match)

-Larry Wood is also rumored to be in the building that night

I hope to see everyone at the show, and good luck to all the new blood in the locker room.

Jack Avatar

Avatar vs. Bryan Holmes (30 minute Iron Man Match)

-Frankie Future vs. to be announced (PSW Championship Match)

-Samoan Destruction Inc vs. The Good Ole' Boys (PSW Tag Team Title Match)

-American Elemental vs. Primal Rage (PSW National Tournament Match)

-Little Bill Lebowski vs. Nate Johnson (PSW National Tournament Match)

-JD Morgan vs. Teddy Powell (PSW National Tournament Match)

-Jesse Christian vs. Nelson Callum (PSW National Tournament Match)

Archived