Bowl editing

Hey guys, I'm new here. :) I just downloaded the game last night and I'm having a blast. I've already downloaded some mods and am playing with the pstats.dat file myself with Access. I need some help editing the bowlGames however. Can someone please explain in detail what all the columns are? I'm trying to set up a bowl schedule where there aren't many at-large bids, and I'm trying to keep the Rose Bowl as a Pac-10 vs Big-10 matchup (like it should be). I'd like to edit the other bowl tie-ins as well (for example, the Capital One Bowl becomes an SEC #2 matchup vs ACC #2 matchup. Barring a National Championship matchup, the ACC always goes to the Orange Bowl, the SEC to the sugar, and the Big XII goes to the Fiesta Bowl, and the Big East roaming around...). The GDCS column, do the numbers 1-4 for the Orange, fiesta, sugar and rose bowls mean that every four years, each bowl hosts the national championship? Also in the Conference file, what does the AutoBids column being checked do?

The autobid column of the conference table means that conference gets an autobid to the Playoffs (if using the playoff option). In the Bowl Games table (note be careful radical changes may cause the game to crash): ID, Name - Self Explanatory City - code maps to the psetup.dat file's cities table ID. Week - week the game will be played. Conf1/Conf2 - Conference with the bowl bid 0-means at large. ConfRank - Selection order for the conference (leave 0 for at large bid) Team1/Team2 - If there is a preferred team for that bowl (like the Hawaii Bowl and Hawaii or the Gator Bowl and Notre Dame) if the team with this ID is available the bowl will take them. GDCS - ranking order of the GDCS bowls. Playoff Site - Checked this bowl will be used in the first round of the playoffs. Payout - Payout for that bowl Capacity/Stadium - Self Explanatory. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Scott Vibert]The autobid column of the conference table means that conference gets an autobid to the Playoffs (if using the playoff option). In the Bowl Games table (note be careful radical changes may cause the game to crash): ID, Name - Self Explanatory City - code maps to the psetup.dat file's cities table ID. Week - week the game will be played. Conf1/Conf2 - Conference with the bowl bid 0-means at large. ConfRank - Selection order for the conference (leave 0 for at large bid) Team1/Team2 - If there is a preferred team for that bowl (like the Hawaii Bowl and Hawaii or the Gator Bowl and Notre Dame) if the team with this ID is available the bowl will take them. GDCS - ranking order of the GDCS bowls. Playoff Site - Checked this bowl will be used in the first round of the playoffs. Payout - Payout for that bowl Capacity/Stadium - Self Explanatory. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE] helps alot actually, but i'm still confused about the GDCS column: right now there are 1,2,3,4 rankings... correct? Pasadena bowl has the 4th ranking. they also have the first ranked big ten and first ranked pac 10 teams facing each other... the ranking of 4... does that mean they host the GDCS on year 4 of every 4 year cycle? [B]OR[/B] does that mean the bowl ranked 1, will host a #1 and #2 championship game, #2 bowl will match #3 and #4 ranked teams, and so on and so forth? Also, if say USC wins the Pac-10 and happens to be the top team in the nation. Do they go to the GDCS if its hosted at another site, or do they go to the Rose Bowl? If they go to the GDCS somewhere else, who replaces them in the Rose Bowl? Another top 8 ranked team? or the 2nd ranked pac-10 team?

Bowl question Does this mean you can't change to Traditional matchups Rose = PAC 10 #1 vs Big 10 #1 (I don't really want BCS Bowls). [QUOTE=Scott Vibert]The autobid column of the conference table means that conference gets an autobid to the Playoffs (if using the playoff option). In the Bowl Games table (note be careful radical changes may cause the game to crash): [/QUOTE]

my game crashed when I changed it so the Rose Bowl was not a BCS bowl. I made the Orange, Sugar and Fiesta Bowls the only BCS bowls and ranked them 1,2,3. At the end of the year, my USC team was ranked #1 so I went on to face oklahoma at the Orange Bowl and pac 10 #2 Oregon State went to the Rose Bowl versus some Big 10 team. It didn't show the scheduled opponents for either the sugar or fiesta bowls. Maybe in the game, the GDCS (BCS) is supposed to be a 4 rotation, so I probably screwed it up with just designating 3 bowls for them. Is there anyway for the Pac-10 Champion to face the Big-10 champion every year at the rose bowl regardless of wether either or both are ranked #1 and #2? anybody have any info on the bowlgames file and what causes it to crash? I'd try more troubleshooting, but my computer is as slow as any other.

Archived