Board Effort "Future Shocks"

I'll go into more detail later but here is a brief on how the countries look:

Australia is rebuilding after the Government shut down the industry for various criminal activities (money-laundering, drug abuse, mafia connections, etc.). A public outcry from the people for a homegrown product instead of the occasional Japanese or American tour caused a rebirth of the industry after a drought of several years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the United States experienced the 20-30 year rise and near collapse of the US-A promotion. Very few promotions from the prequel will be in existence for the current and original mod. But the country is loaded with more than a dozen regional feds and a handful of small and cult feds ready to break out in a weakened American landscape IF they can keep their rising stars out of the clutches of the two Mexican powers to the south and the Canadian power to the north.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe is at a stand still with neither Eastern nor Western feds gaining that little extra. (Central Europe, a no man's land, may be the key to break out) The division here is loosely based on what existed between Western Allied and Eastern Communist countries from '80's Europe with Central Europe evenly split ala West and East Germany. You have the Western European feds working together and then there is the two Russian feds to the east in a bitter war. I guess you could say one is a hardliner communist promotion and the other is more in-line with current Russian philosophy.

UK has a dominate fed getting ready to break out and take over while a handful of other promotions are just trying to survive.

Mexico is locked in a National War between two powers (one rising, one falling). The MPWA fueled its rise by siphoning off American talent from a deflating American industry and this caused a boom in American Sports Entertainment for the country. The oldest fed in the world GLLM, which until recently tried to maintain its long time luchadore product, is forced to incorporate less traditional talent and more World talent in an effort to stave off MPWA.

Japan has one National power (that utilizes a puro/lucha hybrid style) at its peak but in danger of falling because the guys that got them there are close to retirement. This has also led to the country being in a sudden industry boom as the new varied product styles have each developed its own core following. One federation has even led to the rebirth of the original puroresu style.

EXTRA: In this setting the puro/lucha hybrid is a direct result of American talent going to Mexico. In turn Mexican talent went to Japan forcing a style change in that nation.

Now from this before getting into the feds themselves we can go ahead and discuss in what direction the industry itself may have went in these areas as a whole.

I'll go into more detail later but here is a brief on how the countries look:

You missed out Canada bud ;)

IMO, Japan should probably be the place that has the biggest shake-up, esspecially if Puroresu and other realistic styles have pushed lucha back to the way-side. The trigger is key though. I know how TLP dies now. In Feb 2018 Yoshi Takamora (TLP Owner) FINALLY retires from the ring. After gates drop rapidly due to Yoshi's retirement in June he makes his GLORIOUS return to the ring facing a fresh out of the dojo jobber, only to get accidentlly dropped on his head. He is rushed to hospital but never regains conciousness. Santana tries to run things on his own for a while, but without Yoshi to figurehead the company they drop from high cult/national to regional and owing money by 2020. In early 2021 they are bought out, poached and closed by Fight Club Japan who have made it all the way up to where TLP are at the start of the current mod.

For my part of Mexico (NELL) I'd say they hit National in 2014, but still can't hold on to talent as at least one of the other Mexican goes Global 6 months later, lose National Battles left, right & center and drop back down to Cult. As the lucha scene dies off in Japan NELL begin hiring more and more unknown in Mexico but skilled Japanese lucha workers to replace the roster members lost to the two larger promotions. NELL can no longer draw the crowd they need to survive because of a lack of worker popularity and drop to regional. In serious finacial trouble NELL become, for a short time, a developmental fed for one of the big two (2016-2018) before being cut loose again. With most of their workers having been signed to developmental deals and therefore gone when the development deal with the larger company ends, NELL is left a shell of its former self and folds in early 2019

New blood is always welcome.

Alright cool, I do agree that I could be more help after the board effort mod is officially released so I will probably wait for that to get released and then see if I can help at all.

Mexico - Well I already outlined my vision of failure for NELL. IMO maybe have one of the big two win the war, go global and push the other back down to cult? Also with the demise of NELL two promotions spring up in its place:

PURE Lucha: Key - Lucha, Heavy - Pure, Medium - Cult & Daredevil

This where a lot of the released Japanese luchadores have ended up and is basicly workrate based lucha libre

Mujer Mexicana de Lucha Libre: Key - Mainstream, Heavy - Lucha, Medium - Traditional & Risque.

Mexico's first womens promotion, they are a lot less raunchy than their US counterparts due to Mexico's Catholic nature, but push their T&A boundries as far as they can to get their women over.

Both at small and in the region NELL used to dominate.

Europe - Not really clued up on Europe. Maybe one of the eastvswest promotions has won the war? OR, a promotion sprang up in Central Europe and destroyed them both?

Thems my thoughts so far ;)

Mexico - Well I already outlined my vision of failure for NELL. IMO maybe have one of the big two win the war, go global and push the other back down to cult? Also with the demise of NELL two promotions spring up in its place:

PURE Lucha: Key - Lucha, Heavy - Pure, Medium - Cult & Daredevil

This where a lot of the released Japanese luchadores have ended up and is basicly workrate based lucha libre

Mujer Mexicana de Lucha Libre: Key - Mainstream, Heavy - Lucha, Medium - Traditional & Risque.

Mexico's first womens promotion, they are a lot less raunchy than their US counterparts due to Mexico's Catholic nature, but push their T&A boundries as far as they can to get their women over.

Both at small and in the region NELL used to dominate.

Europe - Not really clued up on Europe. Maybe one of the eastvswest promotions has won the war? OR, a promotion sprang up in Central Europe and destroyed them both?

Thems my thoughts so far ;)

There is Las Mujeres Asombrosas de Lucha Libre (LMALL) in the database as a future women's promotion. Under Stennick's original design for Mexico it was supposed to be active already but I never got around to working on it.

There is Las Mujeres Asombrosas de Lucha Libre (LMALL) in the database as a future women's promotion. Under Stennick's original design for Mexico it was supposed to be active already but I never got around to working on it.

Well that's one less job then :D

I'll be following this. I want to finish work on the board effort mod first but will def come on board later. ^_^

Some will run hand-in-hand. As some of the vets here were just starting then. And some of the vets in the current mod were just starting out in Retro.

It will be cool when it all comes together. :D

• 6 months later...

So we're setting the "Future Shocks" mod in 2025?

In that case, I think increasing in popularity, possibly to high Regional or Cult (either UK or in Japan) would be Black Dragon Wrestling run by Daniel Dillinger and featuring him, his brother Derek and their children.

In the USA, inspired by Breakdown Wrestling, I see a media group owned promotion being the largest company sheerly based upon money power and buying up some of the biggest stars from companies around the country.

Due to my medical condition......

This mod will not be.........

going anywhere.

It just will be going on a crash course.

So anyone wanting to contribute fed ideas for 2025 can go ahead and begin.

I think it would make more sense to work on the 1980's version of the mod if there is any interest. With a Future Shocks mod this end up being more speculation. If we were to do a Retro-Mod the history is already established and therefore work could be done on it quicker. That being said the lack of interest in the original mod, probably means nobody would be interested in either a Retro or Future mod.

So we're setting the "Future Shocks" mod in 2025?

In that case, I think increasing in popularity, possibly to high Regional or Cult (either UK or in Japan) would be Black Dragon Wrestling run by Daniel Dillinger and featuring him, his brother Derek and their children.

In the USA, inspired by Breakdown Wrestling, I see a media group owned promotion being the largest company sheerly based upon money power and buying up some of the biggest stars from companies around the country.

This is contingent on a few other things too. Which companies went under, which companies merged. And having to overcome the territorial loyalties of those stars which is very strong in some cases. Also, there is the Mexican and Japanese movements which has greatly affected the American industry since the 90's.

I think it would make more sense to work on the 1980's version of the mod if there is any interest. With a Future Shocks mod this end up being more speculation. If we were to do a Retro-Mod the history is already established and therefore work could be done on it quicker. That being said the lack of interest in the original mod, probably means nobody would be interested in either a Retro or Future mod.

Well, higher activity by us can spark increased interest.

Archived