Most Succesful Storyline Thread

my most successful storyline was in my USPW game, i had a habit of hiring any SWF wrestlers who i could get and formed the Supreme 8

which was Joe Money, Kurt Laramee, Steve Frehly, Atlas, Jack Giedroyc, John McClean, Runaway Train, John Greed

Money was the leader and Laramee was USPW champion and thier aim was total control of USPW, trying to force Strong to hand over the company

eventually Frehly beat Laramee for the title and eventually turned face, with Marc Dubois taking his place

this went on for about a year with Supreme pretty much ruling everything until Moneys contract came up and Strong announced his retirement, so at Liberty and Justice the main event was Money vs Strong for the ownership of USPW and if Strong won Money would be banished from USPW, Money didn't resign and so Strong beat him, Money was fired and left the company for real and Strong announced he was handing down the company to his daughter and the next day strong retired for real

i think the fact that such good timing of retirements and contracts coming up made the story work for me

Jack Giedroyc who played the on the verge of breaking out of the group is now a main event face

Atlas left after he wanted too much money and didn't really have anything for him to do

Kurt Laramee is still in a giant feud with Steve Frehly but now works alone

John McClean is pretty much stuck in the midcard and to be honest will likely stay there

John Greed is also stuck but i am working him into another story

Marc Dubois is now a top heel and is close to being a main event champion

Runaway Train is a monster champion in my 21st Century brand

this was the most fun i've had in this game since purchasing it and it was one of those times where i couldn't wait to do the next show

my most successful storyline was in my USPW game, i had a habit of hiring any SWF wrestlers who i could get and formed the Supreme 8

which was Joe Money, Kurt Laramee, Steve Frehly, Atlas, Jack Giedroyc, John McClean, Runaway Train, John Greed

Money was the leader and Laramee was USPW champion and thier aim was total control of USPW, trying to force Strong to hand over the company

eventually Frehly beat Laramee for the title and eventually turned face, with Marc Dubois taking his place

this went on for about a year with Supreme pretty much ruling everything until Moneys contract came up and Strong announced his retirement, so at Liberty and Justice the main event was Money vs Strong for the ownership of USPW and if Strong won Money would be banished from USPW, Money didn't resign and so Strong beat him, Money was fired and left the company for real and Strong announced he was handing down the company to his daughter and the next day strong retired for real

i think the fact that such good timing of retirements and contracts coming up made the story work for me

Jack Giedroyc who played the on the verge of breaking out of the group is now a main event face

Atlas left after he wanted too much money and didn't really have anything for him to do

Kurt Laramee is still in a giant feud with Steve Frehly but now works alone

John McClean is pretty much stuck in the midcard and to be honest will likely stay there

John Greed is also stuck but i am working him into another story

Marc Dubois is now a top heel and is close to being a main event champion

Runaway Train is a monster champion in my 21st Century brand

this was the most fun i've had in this game since purchasing it and it was one of those times where i couldn't wait to do the next show

Just curious, did you use an unchained storyline for this or a series of scripted storylines?

If only i could organize a great story line that.

I spend the first year of any promotion i'm booking getting to know the roster, setting up basic feuds, seeing who has chemistry with who, building up the roster, getting rid of dead weight etc.

by the time i do that i find a new database to download and go on that xD

Really need to stick to 1 database.

The storyline I'm most proud of...

TCW - I edited the defaul data and put Jenifer Cornell in TCW. Had her find out that Tommy had been cheating on her with a random blonde chick (Krissy Angelle who later became Krissy Cornell) Heartbroken, she told Tommy she was filing for divorce and would take half of everything he had...including his stock in TCW. I played it out that she already had a 7% stake in TCW so with half of what Tommy had she became majority owner of the promotion. She revealed that she intended to sell her share to a 'mystery' bidder who turned out to be Nemesis!!

The story went on for a few months with Nemesis eventually buying out Jen Cornell. The 2 ended up becoming really close and I had them 'get married' with Tommy getting wed to Krissy Angelle to try and get back at Jenifer. Nemesis (who had been playing the face, along with Jen) eventually turned heel and assembled a group of former DaVE wrestlers (Eddie Peak, The New Wave, Joey Minnesota) to begin an assault on TCW, annoucning his intention bring DaVE 'back from the dead'. His efforts to rename TCW were blocked by the TCW Board of Directors, so, Tommy & Nemesis decided they would have a match. If Nemesis' team won then Tommy would sign over his share of TCW to Nemesis, if Nemesis won he'd sign over to Tommy. It led to The Syndicate reforming (Tommy Cornell, Wolf Hawkins, The Machines, Sam Keith) to take on Nemesis, Peak, Minnesota & The New Wave. Minnesota ended up turning on DaVE and costing them the match (Think Kurt Angle during The InVasion)

It was awesome and tons of fun.

Just curious, did you use an unchained storyline for this or a series of scripted storylines?

all unchained, i find i get a bit geekish with this game and have a notepad dedicated to my game that fills me in on all the details if i'm gone for a few days

Archived