KCCW 2011: Everything Old School is New Down Under

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Sorry this is late, had a busy couple of days. Anyway, to the fan questions!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

**********************************************************</p><p> </p><p>

First off, from MichiganHero</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>QUESTION! To Rusty Mills:</strong> "Other than an armbar, what submission moves do you like to use?"</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;"><strong>Rusty Mills:</strong></span> Would you cheat on your wife? Would you wear England Colours at The Ashes? NO! There isn't another move for me, it's Armbars all the way Daddy! </p><p> </p><p>

Next up, this one from Regis:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Question for John Gordon:</strong> So, the goatee... good idea? Bad idea?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#696969;"><strong>John Gordon:</strong></span> There is no situation in which a goatee is a bad idea. No situation at all. Ever.</p>

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/KCCW.jpg

Chapter 4: June 2011 (Or: On Locker Room Politics, and three reasons why Richie Fox is a pain in the @rse)

One of the key roles of any wrestling booker is controlling the locker room. Any business will have it’s diverse mix of personalities, and when you factor in the ego inherent in all wrestlers you begin to understand just how difficult a booker’s job can be. In theory, of course, the booker is supported by the promoter, which gives him an added power base over the talent, but everybody who follows this business knows that’s often untrue. Generally speaking you get two kinds of promoter in this business. Firstly, there’s the kind of guy who oversees the finances and okays the booker’s decisions but prefers to stay out of the locker room politics and day-to-day operations of the company- James J McMinister over at APW is a good example of this, and they tend to be the ideal kind of bosses. The second kind are the active promoters, the ones who really control the business and try to dominate the locker room themselves. This is a definite double-edged sword- if you’re lucky they’re a positive presence and can keep everyone under control (British Samurai over in ROF is probably the best example), but for the most part you’re stuck with a complete @sshole (*cough*TristramDay*cough*) that just makes your life difficult.

Of course things are a little different for me- as managing director of KCCW I don’t have to put up with any pain-in-the-neck bosses interfering with my carefully laid plans for KCCW. Unfortunately I’m also pretty much on my own when it comes to controlling the locker room, as I don’t have any higher power to back up my authority when somebody’s in the mood to challenge it. And believe me that happens all the time- an unfortunate side effect of my status as a newcomer to the business is that a lot of guys don’t yet take me seriously, even guys who ought to know better. And unfortunately not all my compadres in the Kingdom Six are much help- Boo and Mac are two of the nicest guys in the world, but they aren’t leaders and don’t have that kind of influence in the locker room. As for the others, Vic’s a good guy but keeps to himself backstage, Dan’s great but tends to skip out on shows where he’s not appearing, and Dingo’s…well, Dingo’s very focussed on his own stuff, and tends to ignore everything that isn’t directly to do with him. Which means that I’m effectively left to handle the locker room on my own, not the easiest task for a girl who’s 5 foot 3 and 117 pounds.

Looking back at all that, I realise that I’ve made it sound like the KCCW locker room is impossible to control, and that’s really not true. Honestly we’ve got a really positive locker room, and there’s a lot of great guys backstage that make my job a lot easier. Probably the standout guys are two of our backstage guys, Owen Oldacre and Gene Perry. Owen’s an old hand and does a great job of keeping the rowdier elements of the locker room under control, whilst Gene (one of our referees) is pretty much the ruler of the KCCW technical team. Every month, regular as clockwork, he’s the first man at The Wrestleplex, setting up chairs, taking tickets and generally making sure that everything’s ready for the show.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/OwenOldacre.jpghttp://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/GenePerry.jpg

Owen Oldacre and Gene Perry- The Glue that holds the KCCW backstage together

Of course, for every up there must be a down, and that comes in the form of what I call ‘The Trifecta of Trouble’, three workers who generally make my life difficult. To be absolutely fair I’ve not had a huge number of problems with any of them, but that’s not to say that they’re angels, far from it in fact. Those three workers? Maurice Jackson, Saul Rubennick and Richie Fox

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/MauriceJackson.jpghttp://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/SaulRubennick.jpghttp://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/RichieFox.jpg

The Trifecta of Trouble

Maurice is probably the least troublesome of these guys- he never causes trouble backstage, and whilst he’s not the nicest guy in the world he’s not what you’d call a problem personality. The main issue I have with him is his attitude to losses- every time he loses a match or gets left off a show he gets very difficult to deal with and acts like we’re trying to kick him out of the company. That wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the fact that said attitude tends to carry over into his matches, making a down Maurice Jackson a real liability. Fortunately he tends to be pretty responsive to whatever compensation I throw his way, so provided you keep an eye on him he’s generally pretty easy to deal with.

Saul, on the other hand, can be a complete pain in the neck. The man’s way Old School, and in his case that means working snug* with the rookies and going on about how great things used to be. That’s fair enough- a lot of veterans do get nostalgic about the old days, when Aussie wrestling was a lot more fluid and immediate than it is now. But that doesn’t give Saul the right to manhandle his opponents or mouth off about the way things are done now. Generally Owen or Paul Parquar can keep him under control- they both go back as far as he does in the business- but every once in a while he manages to shoot his mouth off too much and gets into trouble. Fortunately we’ve got enough guys in the locker room that can calm things down that it rarely gets that far, but he’s still caused a couple of issues in the locker room that I’ve had to deal with. And given his generally grumpy nature, you can imagine how well he took it.

Richie Fox, though, is probably the biggest problem I have to deal with. The guy’s a complete tool, and what’s more really doesn’t like being told what to do. Imagine every high school jock cliché you’ve ever seen in a movie, mix them all together and throw in a giant ego and you’ve basically got Richie. Like Saul we’ve usually got enough guys backstage that can jump on him that he’s not too much of a problem, but there are days (quite a lot of days, in all honesty) when I can’t even be in the same room as him. He hasn’t caused any major problems for a while, largely thanks to him and Rusty bonding over a shared appreciation of surfing, but I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t managed to have a major falling-out with anybody yet. In fact, that goes for both him and Saul- if they weren’t kept at opposite ends of the locker room I’d have expected them to go nuts at each other by now.

So there we are: a brief look at the locker room, or a thinly-veiled excuse for me to vent about people that annoy me. Either works, really, take your pick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Working Snug: basically the same as shooting (actually trying to hurt your opponent) but generally to a lesser extent. For instance, locking in a wrist lock tight enough to actually hurt would be working snug, but actually trying to break the guy’s wrist would be shooting.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/Looneyboyo/KCCW/KCCW.jpg

Card for Triplanetary:

The Apocalypse vs. The Corporate Elite (Kip Rockwell & Mark Misery)

Tombstone vs. Massacre

The Big Guns (Dingo Devine & Boo Smithson) vs. Criminal Excellence (Vance Sturt & Richie Fox)

FOR THE KCCW TAG TEAM TITLES

The Duo vs. Veteran Talent

ANZAC CONTENDERS’ MATCH

Brodie Lachlan vs. Christopher Gerard

Paul Parquar vs. John Gordon

OOC Note: Cyanide and M-Jack have both left the promotion because I missed their contract renewal- that’ll be explained after the show

Card for Triplanetary:

The Apocalypse vs. The Corporate Elite (Kip Rockwell & Mark Misery)

Tombstone vs. Massacre

The Big Guns (Dingo Devine & Boo Smithson) vs. Criminal Excellence (Vance Sturt & Richie Fox)

FOR THE KCCW TAG TEAM TITLES

The Duo vs. Veteran Talent

ANZAC CONTENDERS’ MATCH

Brodie Lachlan vs. Christopher Gerard

Paul Parquar vs. John Gordon

<p>Card for Triplanetary:</p><p> </p><p>

The Apocalypse vs. <strong>The Corporate Elite (Kip Rockwell & Mark Misery)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tombstone </strong>vs. Massacre</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Big Guns (Dingo Devine & Boo Smithson)</strong> vs. Criminal Excellence (Vance Sturt & Richie Fox)</p><p> </p><p>

FOR THE KCCW TAG TEAM TITLES</p><p>

The Duo vs. <strong>Veteran Talent </strong></p><p> </p><p>

ANZAC CONTENDERS’ MATCH</p><p>

Brodie Lachlan vs.<strong> Christopher Gerard</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Paul Parquar vs. <strong>John Gordon</strong></p>

<p><strong>The Apocalypse</strong> vs. The Corporate Elite (Kip Rockwell & Mark Misery)</p><p>

<em>Mere cheating cannot topple The Apocalypse!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tombstone</strong> vs. Massacre</p><p>

<em>Nobody stops Tombstone.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Big Guns (Dingo Devine & Boo Smithson)</strong> vs. Criminal Excellence (Vance Sturt & Richie Fox)</p><p>

<em>Midcarders... sorry.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Duo vs. <strong>Veteran Talent</strong></p><p>

<em>Champion's advantage. They tend to win more than they lose.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brodie Lachlan</strong> vs. Christopher Gerard</p><p>

<em>A bright prospect indeed!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Paul Parquar</strong> vs. John Gordon</p><p>

<em>The ZEN guy can work things out in the undercard for a while, as the old guy goes over.</em></p>

<p><strong>The Apocalypse</strong> vs. The Corporate Elite (Kip Rockwell & Mark Misery)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tombstone</strong> vs. Massacre</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Big Guns (Dingo Devine & Boo Smithson)</strong> vs. Criminal Excellence (Vance Sturt & Richie Fox)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Duo</strong> vs. Veteran Talent </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brodie Lachlan</strong> vs. Christopher Gerard</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Paul Parquar</strong> vs. John Gordon</p><p> </p><p>

Too bad to lose those 2.</p>

<p>Okay, so the show still isn't up yet, but there's a good reason- I've been working on a major essay that needs to be done for Thursday, so I've been busy. In fact, there's a lot of work going to be going on for the next few weeks so updates will be a little irregular. </p><p> </p><p>

That being said, I've got a free window in the schedule this evening, so expect the show either tonight or tomorrow evening.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><strong><span style="font-size:36px;">Triplanetary</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><strong>

</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">Live to DVD From The Wrestleplex</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">

Thursday, Week 4, July</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">

Audience: 290</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Pre-Show/DVD Extras</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Void vs. Frankie Robertson</strong></p><p>

I brought these two in to bolster the roster, in the wake of a ****-up over contracts that saw Cyanide and M-Jack both leave before I could renew their deals. Frankie’s been with us before for a brief stint, and whilst he’s not the most exciting wrestler in the world he’s a solid hand who can be relied upon to do a good job provided his opponent holds up their end of the bargain. As for The Void, he’s a little unpolished in terms of his fundamentals but can brawl pretty well and is incredibly intense: his energy has to be seen to be believed. As for story, this one was pretty much all about putting over The Void as a dangerous psychopath, as he beat Frankie from pillar to post before putting him away with The Nullifier (Air Raid Crash).</p><p>

<strong>Winner:</strong> The Void <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;">The Show</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Paul Parquar vs. John Gordon</strong></p><p>

This was a good opening match, even if it wasn’t much more than a squash. Paul can always be relied upon to deliver a good bout, and whilst John Gordon’s pretty green he’s got a certain amount of star quality that lifts his matches. In terms of story we kept this one simple: John tried to turn this into a technical bout, where he’s more at ease, but Paul was able to use his veteran whiles to keep this firmly in the domains of a brawl, and was able to dominate the younger man with comparative ease. That’s not to say that John didn’t give a good account of himself, but against a veteran the calibre of Paul he never had much chance of controlling the match. The Warhorse took the win here, nailing John with the P-Wave at the 8th minute to score the win.</p><p>

<strong>Winner:</strong> Paul Parquar <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008080;">“What a match! Fans, I’m Wild Bill Olliver and we’re coming to you from the Fremantle Wrestleplex for Triplanetary! Joining me as always on commentary are Bonnie Rockworth and the newest host of The ASN’s Saturday Morning Smackdown Delbert DeGeorge!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF8C00;">“It’s great to be here Bill, and I for one cannot wait to see what we’ve got on the card tonight! The KCCW Tag Team Titles are on the line- with Cyanide suspended by the Australian Sports Commission the titles have been vacated, and tonight The Duo and Veteran Talent will be competing to decide who gets the belts.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">“That’s going to be a heck of a match- both of these teams are amongst the very best in Australia right now. But do you know what I want to see? Tonight’s main event. The Apocalypse will be taking on The Corporate Elite of Mark Misery and Kip Rockwell, and this has the potential to be the match of the year, no doubt about it”</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF8C00;">“Y’know what I really want to see Delbert? Warmonger and Hatemonger taking those Corporate slimeballs down a rung or two. Ever since they came together last year The Goliath Corporation have shot their mouths off, talking about how great they are, and hopefully tonight The Apocalypse can show them the true meaning of quality!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">“If anyone can it’s The Apocalypse- The Goliath Corporation are talented workers, and Vic’s got a real dedication to keeping them at the top, but you’d be hard pressed to contain two men like Warmonger and Hatemonger. They may very well be the greatest tag team in all of Australia and New Zealand right now”</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF8C00;">“I’m shocked to be doing this, but I have to agree with you Delbert. If you can find a more dangerous Tag Team than The Apocalypse then I don’t want to run into them on a dark night. Tonight’s main event is going to real humdinger of a barney boys!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008080;">“Right now, though, we’re due for a word from ‘The Bright Young Thing’ Brodie Lachlan, ahead of his contender’s bout with Christopher Gerard, so let’s head on over to KCCW’s Interview Position and hear what he has to say…”</span></p><p> </p><p>

This was a solid hype angle, but the reaction wasn’t amazing.</p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">E+</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

From there we head on over to the Interview Position, where Brodie Lachlan’s on hype duty for his match</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#808000;">“Is there anybody better than me? I don’t think so. So, tonight, Chris Gerard, take it easy. Don’t overexert yourself, because the simple truth is: we both know who’s gonna win this one. Tonight, the number one contender for the KCCW ANZAC title will be The Bright Young Thing Brodie Lachlan, and after The Stars My Destination, I’m gonna be the greatest ANZAC champion this company’s ever seen. It’s not a knock on you, Chris, it’s just that you’re not in my league. But then…Who’s Better Than Brodie?”</span></p><p> </p><p>

I liked this one, and Brodie’s been getting over really well with the crowd, and it showed here- the reaction to this was really solid.</p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brodie Lachlan vs. Christopher Gerard</strong></p><p>

I had harboured thoughts of giving these two a protracted feud over the title, but that was before I saw this match. These two are both good, solid talents, but neither of them have the psychology to maintain the flow of a match, and the result was a match that fell apart in the middle. The story, at least in theory, revolved around Brodie’s arrogance- he refused to take Chris seriously as a competitor, and had a tendency to break off his offence partway through to pose or strut (and he struts mighty well I may say). Unfortunately for Brodie, that complacency came back to haunt him when Chris shocked him with a crucifix pin at the 12 minute mark to score the shock victory.</p><p>

<strong>Winner:</strong> Christopher Gerard <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">E+</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

Back at the Interview Position Victor Goliath is on hype duty for the tag title match</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#483D8B;">“I don’t know what the hell the ASC are thinking, suspending Cyanide, but it doesn’t matter. Tonight, the KCCW Tag Team Titles are staying with The Goliath Corporation. Rusty, Donovan, you’re good, but you’re not Veteran Talent. You’re not Michael Rheur, the Master of the Munich Stretch; or Old Evil Saul Rubennick. Tonight, it doesn’t matter what you do, you’re not winning this one. The Tag Team Titles belong to the Goliath Corporation, they belong in the hands of these men, and we’re going to prove it to you. Because We are The Business…and Business is Good”</span></p><p> </p><p>

As usual Victor did a good job with these one.</p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Duo vs. Veteran Talent</strong></p><p>

After the mess with Cyanide I wasn’t sure where to go with the titles (I’d harboured thoughts of bringing The Void in as a new partner for Massacre), but these two teams are both ones that can be counted on to deliver a good match, so it made sense for them to get the title match. We went with a simple story here- Veteran Talent jumped The Duo at ringside before the bell had even rung, and left Rusty laid out at ringside whilst Saul pinned Donovan in the ring after a big splash, putting Veteran Talent 1-0 up at only 7 seconds. After that the heels continued to work over Donovan Boon, who fought to reach his corner but was somewhat hampered by the fact that Rusty was still pretty much out of it on the floor. Somehow, though, The Rookie Thunderbolt was able to fight through the pain, nailing a Flying Bionic Elbow to Michael at the 7 minute mark and giving him a chance to tag in Rusty (who’d finally made it to the corner). Captain Armbar went to work, throwing out his trademark move like it was going out of fashion, and rapidly drawing level with an O’Connor Roll less than a minute after he tagged in. Unfortunately for him, though, he couldn’t sustain his energetic offence, and with 10 minutes on the clock Michael Rheur hit a Gator Roll and rolled into The Munich Stretch, trapping Rusty in the centre of the ring with no way out. The young babyface tried to fight through but couldn’t, and passed out at the 12 minute mark to give the win to the heels</p><p>

<strong>Winners:</strong> Veteran Talent <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D+</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

Back in the locker room, Tombstone’s getting ready for his match against Massacre</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">“They say Massacre’s the most dangerous man in The Goliath Corporation, that he’s The Giant who can’t be beaten. Well, there’s saying you should bear in mind when wrestling giants. The Bigger they are…the harder they fall. Tonight, Massacre, Tombstone is going to happen to You.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

As usual with Tombstone, this was a good solid promo- I especially liked the proverb in the middle, it gave it a certain edge.</p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D+</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Big Guns vs. Criminal Excellence</strong></p><p>

The Big Guns can always be counted on to deliver a good match, and whilst Richie might be a pain in the neck Criminal Excellence are a solid tag team that rarely have an off night, so this was a good match. We didn’t got with as much of a story as usual, it was pretty much just two teams trading moves, but that can work if the guys in the ring are good enough. Tonight they definitely were- Richie’s admittedly a one-trick pony, but he’s getting very good at making that trick work, and Vance and The Big Guns are all very capable guys in the ring. Of course the star of the show was Boo Smithson- it always is- but that’s not to say the others didn’t have a couple of good moments, with Dingo in particular supplying his usual impressive array of suplexes. In the end, we went with a pretty standard finish- with The Big Guns on top, Kip Rockwell came out from backstage to take out his rival Dingo, only for The Red Belt Warrior to get out of the way and leave Richie Fox in the path of Kip’s Lariat. One Tasmanian Suplex to Kip and a hooked leg later, and The Big Guns had come out the winners.</p><p>

<strong>Winners:</strong> The Big Guns <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D+</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

Once again we’re back at The Interview Position, where Victor Goliath is on hype duty for the main event.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#483D8B;">“They say that The Apocalypse is the most dangerous tag team in the business, that they’re unstoppable. Well, I say codswallop- if they were truly unstoppable then I’d be managing them. And since I don’t they, they can’t be. No, you want true unstoppability, you have to look to these two men. Mark Misery and Kip Rockwell are The Corporate Elite, the best that the Goliath Corporation has, and tonight, Apocalypse, they’re going to show the world why you two will never amount to anything in this business. Warmonger, Hatemonger, you’re about to get downsized”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Vic’s work is amongst the most consistent in KCCW- every time he cuts a promo you know exactly how it’s going to go over.</p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Massacre vs. Tombstone</strong></p><p>

This was a good match, but it suffered from one major problem: psychology. Tombstone is so good in almost every other respect that it’s easy to forget that he still can’t string together any kind of story in the ring, and whilst Massacre’s got a much better grasp of psychology he’s not up to the standard that can carry Tombstone through a match. That led to a lot of dead spots in this match where neither guy was quite sure where to go next- even when Owen is scripting a match we don’t generally go beyond a finish and a sequence of big spots, and these guys weren’t sure how to transition from one spot to the next. That’s not to say that this match was bad, though- the story might have been off, but the workrate was as solid as ever. Massacre tried to use his power game to control Tombstone, but found that The Event wasn’t as easy to push around as all that as Tombstone stood toe to toe with the big man trading punches. In the end it looked like Massacre might actually have Tombstone beat as he flattened him with the Big Boot and went for the Black Descent, only for The Event to roll out of the way and lock in the Rear Naked Choke. Unlike Rusty earlier Massacre didn’t have the fight to hold out ‘til unconsciousness and tapped out, giving Tombstone the win.</p><p>

<strong>Winner:</strong> Tombstone <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Corporate Elite vs. The Apocalypse</strong></p><p>

This match was exactly what you’d expect from these two teams: a wild, out of control brawl with little pretension towards finesse or technique. Perhaps the only surprising thing about this bout was how well Mark held up his end of the bargain- he was the smallest guy in the ring by some way but still managed to throw hands with all three of the others in the match. Of course he also got the stuffing kicked out of him more than the others, but you win some you lose some, as the saying goes, and at least he looked good doing it. This one also had one of the most memorable finishes in KCCW history- Mark went for the brass knuckles to take out Hatemonger, and then teamed up with Kip to hit Warmonger with the Corporate Downsizing (Spike Piledriver, their new tag finisher). Warmonger shocked the world by standing straight back up from the move in a spectacular display of no-selling, and when Vic tried to interfere Delbert DeGeorge left the announce table to pull him off the apron and knocked him the hell out. With DeGeorge now controlling traffic at ringside the way was open for The Apocalypse to take the win, which they did in style via a Spine Shatterer to Kip Rockwell and Apocalypse Nowish to the champ.</p><p>

<strong>Winners:</strong> The Apocalypse <strong>Match Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="font-size:14px;">C-</span></span></em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall Rating:</strong> <em><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-family:Verdana;">D+</span></span></em>, and #7 on the top 10. A good show, all things considered</p>

<p>Bad news sports fans: this save file just got Miwa'd (that thing where your user characters gains the stats of Mito Miwa and stuff), so this version of KCCW is dead. I'm considering reviving the promotion in a new game, but there's a lot of dynasty ideas floating around so I'm going to figure out what to do next. As it is, I've got a couple of days with a very light work-schedule so chances are my next project will be up very soon. </p><p> </p><p>

And yes: 90% of my dynasties are ended by equipment malfunctions. My laptop's a sturdy old beast, but it is getting on a bit and TEW is probably my single biggest file, hence the rather-too-frequent errors.</p>

Archived